Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here (10950 Views)

Second Niger Brigde: Night Driving View / Kindly Share Any Form Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by sharpwriter(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
metalgear11:
Late night driving here in the US is quite common, and I have done many a drive where I get to my destination in the wee hours of the morning. The only downside is the occasional traffic due to road constructions. Most crews do their constructions in the middle of the night.

The one drive that I know really hit me was a day I had to drive from my base to drop my parents up at JFK. Their flight was to depart around midnight. I had a very stressful day at work and by the time we hit the road around 6pm, I was already exhausted. Drove six hours to drop them and headed back immediately. At around 3:30am I started seeing double. At some point I saw myself peering in from outside the car. That's when I knew I had fallen asleep. I jerked awake just in time and found the next service station, where I pulled over to clear my eyes a bit. I managed to get a little shut eye and resumed the journey. Got back at around 6am. I didn't know how I dozed off in the car after parking and I was only woken up around 7:30 when my neighbor knocked on the window with a worried look on his face.
Bros... Dey take am easy o... No kill yasef! cheesy
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Harmonize234: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
I enjoy night driving.
It can be fun, risky and interesting 😎

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by sharpwriter(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:
Exactly I guess it would be tht school. what happened to me too, my fiancee was a pharmacy student then in UNN, then I flew in Nigeria from U.K and to Enugu. Went to Nsukka lodge at golden valley hotel( u fit know am shaa) so I really wanted to see her that night because it was meant to be a surprise visit though chatted her on Facebook where she was exactly, she said marlima but was surprised why I asked. She thought I was still at U.K via Facebook. I boarded a bike but they didn't allowed the bike cross the gate..the security men....I walked inside the campus looking lost because I schooled at Unilag actually. I met a boy in the campus who directed me but didn't tell me that stadium was risky. Omoh, I was pressing my I phone 12 pro max and it was nearly snatched from me at that uncompleted stadium building but one huge fair guy saved me by shouting "thief oh". The guy later took me to the same marlima though I felt like blessing him and gave transferred 50k to his account. I reached marlima to see my bae and didn't see her at first till I chatted again and she said she was sitting at S.u.b but she was surprised asking me what I was using it for besides that guy that saved me at stadium took me to the s.u.b which wasn't far till I saw her sitting on top of the leg of another man, it was night, she didn't see me. I calmly sat down opposite with my newly found friend, we were just observing she and guy because I wanted to be sure until suddenly she stood up with the guy, they hugged and kissed just once. I was mad! I accosted her, she was so shocked that she started crying. Omoh, I was weak to go back to my hotel and I followed my newly found friend to his house at hill top or hill hop...but the place has name like that..not sure of the exact name. I was depressed that night and the guy explained to me to avoid unn pharmacy girls, that they have pride and not submissive with promiscuous lives. Forget that am a man, I cried that night!
Chai! Bitter pill! Scary to think you were almost mugged because of a girl licking another man's lips... shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by sharpwriter(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
Samirana360:
if ur car mistakenly stop anywhere in Lagos u r in trouble
Lol... This got me laughing.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by BennyDGreat: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Samirana360:
if ur car mistakenly stop anywhere in Lagos u r in trouble

True but most of those agberos are off the road very late at night. They will be replaced by criminal elements.

Honestly, the government needs to make our roads safer.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by BennyDGreat: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

Exactly why I am still single till 29 now and my younger bro just got married.

Don't be pressured. Marriage na long-term affair.
Many folks who got married don't tell the truth that's why people sometimes assume marriage is easy cos of the way they always portray it. Marriage takes work. Hardwork!

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Don't be pressured. Marriage na long-term affair.
Many folks who got married don't tell the truth that's why people sometimes assume marriage is easy cos of the way they always portray it. Marriage takes work. Hardwork!

I just need a son, I really need a son.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2023
christejames:

You should have entered UNN Shuttle at the gate side there or wait for the shuttle. Well, thank God for that your friend who came out of the blues to save the day.

Yeah, it's Hill Top just after St Peter's Chaplaincy.

Mehn, your friend told you the truth about pharmacy girls, those girls have got some pride in them since they are the only major medical discipline in Nsukka campus. I bet she was just influenced by her peers who've got so much ego... Me no too get their time. Not just pharmacy, almost all the professional discipline in UNN, their girls get too much ego... In short, an average UNN girl has that pride. But hay, they are still handful of discipline and upright girls in UNN which one can vouch for.

Your experience just stares me in the eyes while reading it because I can picture everything you mentioned.

Sorry about your lose bro, it happens sometimes... Even me, UNN student then chop my first breakfast from a fellow student. My own story dey somehow sha grin grin grin... God dey and we still dey manage.

Hope you never got back to her and you are now doing better?

Upon everything I did for her, am a doctor oh and not like I am not learned. I used because of her to change number so she can't ever reach me, deleted my Facebook account when she keeps stalking me. I regret deleting my Facebook account, I lost contacts with some old friends. But why didn't the security man allowed my bike man to pass the gate, I even brought out #500 to give him but the old man shaked his head and refused.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Switinthemiddle(m): 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Im not a night person. As i feel my life is more secure during daytime than at night
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by christejames(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

Upon everything I did for her, am a doctor oh and not like I am not learned. I used because of her to change number so she can't ever reach me, deleted my Facebook account when she keeps stalking me. I regret deleting my Facebook account, I lost contacts with some old friends. But why didn't the security man allowed my bike man to pass the gate, I even brought out #500 to give him but the old man shaked his head and refused.

Wow! You really sacrificed a lot for that girl... Even as a medical doctor she was still playing 'truancy with you?', pathetic of her, no loyalty at all.

Women eh! That's why I'm kinda scared of delving into another relationship since that breakfast of 2016. Na money wey person no get naim make my own pull off, I thank God sha. Well, now I'm about to hustle like a non-graduate... Stopped doing by 8-6 job and Abuja (because salary that salary no go take me home cheesy) and moved to another state make I rearrange my life properly because I know this country and govt have nothing tangible to offer me, so I'm taking the bull by the horn. cool

That's how those security guys are, very strict... They don't let commercial bikes into the campus apart from private bike. Maybe the bike guy you boarded was too obvious to them or he didn't code properly. If not he would have at least removed his cap or jacket to disguise as a private bike then ride you in straight without questioning from the security guys.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Spain007(m): 3:10am On Aug 05, 2023
Carcholce:
Where I come from, (Edo state) we don’t drive at night. We fly instead.

Saves alot of fuel
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Coolgent(m): 3:44am On Aug 05, 2023
meobizy:
Night driving, what for? Home too sweet. Na only thief dey drive for night if no be emergency. During the election, nighttime was when election riggers moved freely because sane folk were at home winding down for the day.
I disagree with your signature; there are a lot of millionaires in nairaland though ain't sure of billionaire.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by victorVIC1(m): 6:18am On Aug 05, 2023
I sincerely avoid it because of my vision impairment
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2023
I avoid night driving alot only when it is very necessary because I am photophobic.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nemesis0147(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Ogundex:

Once its 10pm then, bikes are no longer allowed into the school. The school then use DF to have their own bikes with aprons which is allowed within the school premises. Any non registered bike will only stop you at the gates
okada are not allowed to enter inside unn even by 7am

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by emmyN(m): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2023
Samirana360:
Night driving dey sweet oo
I remember when I was doing Uber in Lagos, I only work at night.... Free road, no lastma, no police, no vio, no road safety.
But it's dangerous oo
Can't remember how many times I slept on the road, agbero attack, evil people etc....

Night driving is the best shaa especially in Lagos

How do you see when driving at night, especially when you are on a road without streetlight and there are oncoming vehicles with full lights on?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by meobizy(f): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2023
Coolgent:

I disagree with your signature; there are a lot of millionaires in nairaland ain't sure of billionaire.
If e pain you, money no dey your account.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Emeka71(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2023
Thomhenry:
A certain night I drove out to get some snacks. I nearly knocked down a bike man because he was coming at me with full halogen bulbs shining directly at me and on my own lane. I couldn't see clearly where he was until he was very close. It was really a close call.
None actually.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Ogundex(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2023
Nemesis0147:
okada are not allowed to enter inside unn even by 7am

I said before o grin
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nemesis0147(m): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2023
Ogundex:

I said before o grin
okay😄
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Exceed15: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2023
Younghacka:
I Never Get Car Yet, So I No Get Anything To Say. When I Get Car, I No Sure Say I Go Get Anything To Do With Late Night Driving.

He will get one soon. God go do am.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Samirana360(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2023
emmyN:

How do you see when driving at night, especially when you are on a road without streetlight and there are oncoming vehicles with full lights on?
bro na God..... With ur own full light

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Coolgent(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
meobizy:
If e pain you, money no dey your account.
It didn't pain in any way o cos I am a millionaire cool
Glory be to God!
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by meobizy(f): 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
Coolgent:

It didn't pain in any way o cos I am a millionaire cool
Glory be to God!
Online Otedola. ROFLMAO.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Coolgent(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
meobizy:
Online Otedola. ROFLMAO.
Thank God Nairaland is a faceless forum.
grin
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by DonroxyII: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
metalgear11:
. Drove six hours to drop them and headed back immediately. At around 3:30am I started seeing double. [b]At some point I saw myself peering in from outside the car. [/b]That's when I knew I had fallen asleep. I jerked awake just in time and found the next service station, where I pulled over to clear my eyes a bit.
Human Mind Could be very funny When Reporting Dangers .... grin ... grin

This is So Funny ... You see yourself looking at yourself from outside the car ... What a Means of telling yourself you are exhausted grin
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by DonroxyII: 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nairas2dollars:
. I reached marlima to see my bae and didn't see her at first till I chatted again and she said she was sitting at S.u.b but she was surprised asking me what I was using it for besides that guy that saved me at stadium took me to the s.u.b which wasn't far till I saw her sitting on top of the leg of another man, it was night, she didn't see me. I calmly sat down opposite with my newly found friend, we were just observing she and guy because I wanted to be sure until suddenly she stood up with the guy, they hugged and kissed just once. I was mad! I accosted her, she was so shocked that she started crying. Omoh, I was weak to go back to my hotel and I followed my newly found friend to his house at hill top or hill hop...but the place has name like that..not sure of the exact name. I was depressed that night and the guy explained to me to avoid unn pharmacy girls, that they have pride and not submissive with promiscuous lives. Forget that am a man, I cried that night!
Omoh shocked ... E be Things Mehn !
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 12:17am On Aug 06, 2023
DonroxyII:
Omoh shocked ... E be Things Mehn !

Well, I have moved on but I learnt my lesson the hard way.
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by DonroxyII: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2023
Nairas2dollars:

Well, I have moved on but I learnt my lesson the hard way.
She didn't hurt you She helped You cheesy

Life could be bitchy you really need to know that in the scheme of Bigger events in your life you must not overtly rely on anyone in this era without having your own fortified resorts ....

She taught you what nature wants you to learn, atleast You won't rely 100% On Anybody anymore ... That's what they Called "Experience" Which is the best "Teacher" .....

Now You are a Man in that regard not a Boy anymore ...

She Only Baptised You into Manhood & I hope You Don't Cry Anymore If Same sh.it happened Again Neither would you Overreact..... grin ... Oyinbo Boys Wey Our Girls dey teach lessons ... Dem no dey fall in love here ... Na Reason we dey reason for Here ...

if You ain't Local & Homies with Our ladies Forget it ... You have to bring it all down to her childhood background before she can be loyal to you ... Forget all the monies & Everything... You Must Resonate With Her Worlds & Existences Before she can shut down all Other Guys for You ....

Yankee No mean anything Here, she will still go Domestic because Phonetics ain't her thing na the money dey ginger her ... grin

A boy Rely on People cheesy

A Man Frankly rely on God & Accept Whatever Consequences angry

Welcome to Earth Bro !

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
DonroxyII:

Life could be bitchy you really need to know that in the scheme of Bigger events in your life you must not overtly rely on anyone in this era without having your own fortified resorts ....

She taught you what nature wants you to learn, atleast You won't rely 100% On Anybody anymore ... That's what they Called "Experience" Which is the best "Teacher" .....

She Only Baptised You into Manhood & I hope You Don't Cry Anymore If Same sh.it happened Again Neither would you Overreact..... grin ... Oyinbo Boys Wey Our Girls dey teach lessons ... Dem no dey fall in love here ... Na Reason we dey reason for Here ...

if You ain't Local & Homies with Our ladies Forget it ... You have to bring it all down to her childhood background before she can be loyal to you ... Forget all the monies & Everything... You Must Resonate With Her Worlds & Existences Before she can shut down all Other Guys for You ....

Yankee No mean anything Here, she will still go Domestic because Phonetics ain't her thing na the money dey ginger her ... grin

Welcome to Earth Bro !

Well, I have made up my mind never to marry in this planet earth, though I need a son but how would know how to get it later. Fear women! there is a reason they are the xx chromosomes ( I don't want to go into it biologically) but I just need a baby mama from a fellow successful woman now. I will pregnant her but I would never marry her even if it escalates to marriage threshold. I don't want to date any broke girl again, I realized that their loyalty is for the money and not love. She loved me for the money, she never merited pharmacy at first, her cut off was low, I used connection to pay ***k for her admission. I am now a monster now looking for a baby mama with no love or emotions attached. Most of my colleagues at hospital then that are married see me as irresponsible before for not marrying but now I don't care!
Re: Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here by Nairas2dollars: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2023
DonroxyII:

Welcome to Earth Bro !

But how can I then resonate with her world? In what ways? please throw more light. How can I be similar to her ideologies?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Refusal Of UK Study Visa / Employed But Relocating To Canada, Candid Advice Needed! / I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.