Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,541 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence (3032 Views)

2016 Budget: Saraki, Dogara Reject N10bn Official Residence / Photos Of Speaker Dogara Visits To Delta State / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by aloyemeka1: 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
[size=14pt]Sale of Speaker’s official residence: Reps raise alarm[/size]
on OCTOBER 10, 2011 · in HEADLINES

BY BEN AGANDE
ABUJA—Crisis is brewing in the House of Representatives over the sale of the official residence of the Speaker to the immediate past occupant of the office, Dimeji Bankole for a N45 million.

It was learnt that there is a move to let out the same house to the current Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwa at a scandalous N40 million per annum.

Vanguard gathered that at the last Executive Session of the House of Representatives, members expressed outrage that the official residence of the speaker which they described as a ‘national monument’ would be sold off even when the monetization policy of the government does not capture such houses.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/sale-of-speakers-official-residence-reps-raise-alarm/
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by danjohn: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2011
News like this leaves me speechless.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by muyoto: 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
Sorry, this shyte doesn't add up.

who exactly is ''making the moves'' (according to vanguard) to sell the house?

If indeed its sold to Banky, where then would Tamby be expected to go? rent a room @ Aso Rock?
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by mensdept: 10:32pm On Oct 10, 2011
We need to drink the same water from the same well that the French did in the 1780s, and the Libyans are drinking today, so that we can have the balls to rid the country of all these morons and their followers.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by asha80(m): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2011
mens dept:

We need to drink the same water from the same well that the French did in the 1780s, and the Libyans are drinking today, so that we can have the balls to rid the country of all these morons and their followers.

that aint happening
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by otokx(m): 3:29am On Oct 11, 2011
if a kidnapper is attacked by a bank robber wetin come consign bus conductor?
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by Bukittes(f): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2011
I wish the masses in its entirety needs to be reading this kind of news, it will catalyse their reactions. We need a revolution in this fucking country!!!!
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by Rastamann: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2011
Nigeria house of Shame!
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by adanny01(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2011
Buy a house at N45million and let it at N40million per annum.
What were the reps thinking when Bankole was selling the house to himself? GEJ should buy Aso Villa in that case. We'll see where Namadi wil stay when he becomes President.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by edicolove: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2011
I thought ACN and Tinubu's supporters said they voted Tambuwal because they wanted to stop the evil in PDP? This is the man they endorsed for the job. This is to their shame. They will have to live with it.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by buy4me: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2011
Bukittes:

I wish the masses in its entirety needs to be reading this kind of news, it will catalyse their reactions. We need a revolution in this bleeping country!!!!

Revolution is already happening in the cyberspace "nairaland, facebook, twitter etc" and that's where it'll end.

Nigerians are cowards that are good in making noise and sabotaging each other's effort. The fuel subsidy will also be removed and nothing will happen. If you yourself, leave the country, life is too short to be wasted living in that hell hole called Nigeria.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by Ibomade1: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
Wonders will never cease to happen.

Nigeria , I hail you
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by confetti(f): 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2011
Not forgetting that this same house was renovated with 200m during the Ya'adua regime only to be sold by Jona for a paltry sum of 45m.

So so speechless.

Do we still have pressure groups in Nigeria?
Students Union and Associations?
Where is Can when they should be talking?
Where are the Market Women Association?

Oh! I forgot that every thing has been monetized in Nigeria.

So so sad.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by blackpanda: 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2011
may god punish these bastards!
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
What shall we say to this? Shall will continue in corruption and Nigeria will progress? The foundation of democrazy in Nigeria is really shaky, mark my words it will soon crumble if care is not taken
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by dozie76(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2011
This can't be true
Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
shall reign.

Enough is Enough! The World is Watching,Africa is watching and Nigerians are watching  for it is about time to go home------ To your tent Oh Israel
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by Exponental(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
Gen gen!!!
Hw much does GEJ intend buying Aso Rock?
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by CHANCEMAN: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
edicolove:

I thought ACN and Tinubu's supporters said they voted Tambuwal because they wanted to stop the evil in PDP? This is the man they endorsed for the job. This is to their shame. They will have to live with it.

Why not check for the facts before jumping to conclusions.Where in the story did you hear or read that this transaction was carried out by the current house officers or are you talking about the rent ?How much do you think it cost to rent a duplex at Asokoro? What we ought to ouraged at is how a house is sold for 40 million when in that neighbourhood plots of land are on sale for prices in excess of 150 million naira.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
i would die a happy man if i could have a chance at killing these looters.
Got nothing to lose.
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by oraclefemi(m): 3:10am On Oct 12, 2011
Nigeria shouldnt have gotten Independent early,we were and still not ready to handle the billions are country brings in. Politicians win your vote so they can steal what youre supposed to benefit from your country when they in, i didnt vote and will not vote the next time . Politicians steal,police steal,yahoo boys steal dammit who doesnt steal out there should raise there hands up, maybe our pastors dont steal grin
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by naijaking1: 3:16am On Oct 12, 2011
Speechless!
I hope the news is not true. If it is then expect GEJ to "buy" Aso Rock, Chime and other governors to "buy" the goverment houses they currently occupy.
What's going to happen to Nigeria when privilaged politicians "buy" up Nigeria
Re: Reps Raise Alarm Over Sale Of Speaker’s Official Residence by anonimi: 10:28am On Oct 12, 2011
edicolove:

Welcome to the real world.
There is not much difference between ACN and PDP. It's like 6 and half a dozen. Do you know how many ACN elected politicians were ex-PDP? That includes its Senate Leader, George Akume, former governor of Benue State.
Btw, how many progressive bills have been sponsored by the ACN caucaus in the NASS given its increased numbers and "alliance" with Tambuwal

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State Governorship Election Result / Obi Gives N1m Each To Widows Of Mubi Massacre / 2015: Nigeria ‘will Cease To Exist If Jonathan Returns’-apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.