Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners (26911 Views)

Poll: Which is more prefered ?

Strutural Engineering: 80% (28 votes)
High-way Engineering: 20% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
Macelliot:
I'm a teen, I wanna study civil engineering in higher institution.
What must I know?
What must I do?
Pls, I need an advance civil engineer to enlighten me.......
fall in love with calculation(such as Further maths) from this day henceforth,be determined & focus(put God first in all you do) ,Civil Engineering has to do with your ability to think fast(logic).KEEP THE FIRE BURNING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Macelliot(m): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Onase:
fall in love with calculation(such as Further maths) from this day henceforth,be determined & focus(put God first in all you do) ,Civil Engineering has to do with your ability to think fast(logic).KEEP THE FIRE BURNING.
Thanks! I'm good in calculation.
Should I learn any skilled-work?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by ciscon: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2015
Please i need Eurocode,
Kindly send to lightbearer65@ymail.com
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by ciscon: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
I need Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis software as well as Prokon and Tekla, If you have it, kindly send to lightbearer65@yahoo.com.
Sincere thanks.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by frank043(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
struguru:
Hello all,

I am a practicing Structural Engineer and its nice to interact with you here. I will post more later. For now, feel free to ask me any Civil / Structural Engineering question and I will attempt to answer as much as I can.

Hello strucguru,I'm a civil engineer,and I'l like to know if you have a working knowledge of these CSI products:SAP2000,ETABS and SAFE.
1. If yes,pls,I'l like you to explain to me in details,how to interpret/read reinforcement areas from slab/shell contours.
2.How do you analyze a raft foundation,cos I believe you must have analyzed and design several raft foundations?
3. Tell me all you know about soil springs,and how you use them.
Please,try as much as you can to answer these,cos I have more.
Thanks for you good heart.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by FABBYBLACK: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hi everyone, just discovered this thread, but it's seems everyone is minding their business. Please let's keep this thread alive. I'm just a fresh graduate civil engineer with little or no experience.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yusufu16: 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
Which is better for Geometric design of highways, Autodesk Land Development or Autocad Civil 3D?

Autocad civil 3d is the industry standard for modern day highway designs etc. Autocad civil 3d is now the latest version of land dev.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by REAL007(m): 3:07am On May 08, 2015
Hello Engineers!

I'll like to seek your opinions on the use of STAAD PRO or ORION for structural design and analysis.

I'm trying to improve on my engineering skills. Which one should I go for?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yusufu16: 7:42am On May 08, 2015
REAL007:
Hello Engineers!

I'll like to seek your opinions on the use of STAAD PRO or ORION for structural design and analysis.

I'm trying to improve on my engineering skills. Which one should I go for?

STAAD PRO has been taken by Autodesk Inc. It's now Autodesk Structural Analysis. Though I know how to use Orion I still prefer Autodesk products. STAAD pro is more rubost compared to orion
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by ibiso1986: 2:27am On May 15, 2015
yusufu16:

STAAD PRO has been taken by Autodesk Inc. It's now Autodesk Structural Analysis. Though I know how to use Orion I still prefer Autodesk products. STAAD pro is more rubost compared to orion
wat if im going into highway or geotechnical engineering. which software will be prefarable...
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by yusufu16: 6:45am On May 15, 2015
ibiso1986:
wat if im going into highway or geotechnical engineering. which software will be prefarable...

For highway design your can either use Autocad civil 3d or civilcad but personally I prefer Autocad civil 3d. Geotechnical engineering there are several excel spreadsheet you can use for your soil anaylsis.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by innocent99: 10:49pm On May 15, 2015
Great Civil Engineers....Pls am a 400 level student of Civil Engineering and am currently looking for a place to do my Industrial Training (I.T).Anyone with useful recommendations should please help
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by ibiso1986: 2:04am On May 16, 2015
yusufu16:

For highway design your can either use Autocad civil 3d or civilcad but personally I prefer Autocad civil 3d. Geotechnical engineering there are several excel spreadsheet you can use for your soil anaylsis.
thanks. . was about to start staddpro but ill change to civil 3d
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by luthorcorp: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2015
petsaint:

Sure. I learnt AutoCAD and staad on my own and many more. You develop a knack for using them once you can master one or two OYO
well u might get use to those softwares OYO but not a hiriable knowledge,i mean u will just be like d fool in d bible who thinks he knows whereas otherwise is the case
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by EngrBouss(m): 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
Check out this civil engineering software list and get back to me at 07087210933 or WhatsApp me @08093852664. Cheers

Autodesk robot structural analysis 2016 also available. Most products available are the most current versions like AutoCAD 2016 + tutorial training videos.

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by akaahs(m): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Help!Help!!Help!!! my fellow colleques, i'm a HND holder in civil Engineering Tech.& PGD in Business Admin & Management, i'm in need of support of softwares & e-books in engineerin that 'll keep busy in office.akaahs2O14@gmail.com
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Horlawoomey(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good day Engrs. in the house, I am a graduate of Civil engineering but know only a little about AutoCAD and other engineering softwares. The bone of contention now is that I have just 4 months to the end of my service year with a good laptop. I will like to know if I can get these softwares and their self tutorial manuals. I am serving in the north and things like that are not available here.

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Horlawoomey(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
EngrBouss:
Check out this civil engineering software list and get back to me at 07087210933 or WhatsApp me @08093852664. Cheers

Autodesk robot structural analysis 2016 also available. Most products available are the most current versions like AutoCAD 2016 + tutorial training videos.

good day bro, I will like to have some of this software, the only problem is that my system is having a 64 bit processor and have not been able to find compatible software. Most AutoCAD I have came across are compatible with only 32 bit processor. How can you be ofhelp and where is your location ?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by EngrBouss(m): 6:02am On Jun 24, 2015
Horlawoomey:

good day bro, I will like to have some of this software, the only problem is that my system is having a 64 bit processor and have not been able to find compatible software. Most AutoCAD I have came across are compatible with only 32 bit processor. How can you be ofhelp and where is your location ?
Good day Bro, mode of my software are in both 32 bit and 64 bit. Feel free to contact me at 07087210933 or WhatsApp me @08093852664 so we can talk. Cheers
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by akhype(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hello Engineers, I am a 400L student of Civil Engineering, University of Ibadan. I'm in need of I.T Placement in a consulting/construction company within and outside Lagos. Pls I need your assistance in securing a place for a career boosting 6months industrial attachment. Thanks @ all.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Mclee: 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello Sirs, I'm not a Civil Engineer but I really need help from you guys with the following questions.........

Quick question for my smart civil engineering friends in Nigeria.........
(1) If I intend to use sharp sand, soft sand, stone dust and cement for commercial block production, what should be the optimum mixing ratio? What is the role of the soft sand please?
(2) How many bags of cement can consume a 20 metric ton trip of sand for block production if I'm adding stone dust as well?
(3) How many blocks per bag of cement is considered optimal considering strength and profit for a commercial block producer?
(4) Do you recommend automatic brick production for Nigerian market?
(5) The usual mixtures I see in Civil Engineering Articles, e.g. 1:2:4, are they volume ratios of mass ratios
Your responses will be highly appreciated
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by rukess: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
I need a professional training to be good in field work where can I get one. I live in Warri
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by MightyHands(m): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
I'm a fresh graduate of Civil Engring..tins have not clicked yet but I'm still optimistic and above all happy I'm a Civil engring grad..I love d profession even tho d Nigerian Factor is nt helpin..Sometimes I wonder..if I hadn't done civil engring how my life wud af turned out. I say dis cos even tho I'm nt employed to any firm..my proficiency in designs jus keeps me hanging in there..no offense to other discipline..bt Civil Engineering Rocks..im Happy I'm one of them..S/O to eryone in d house
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Porthos: 7:16am On Jan 15, 2016
MightyHands:
I'm a fresh graduate of Civil Engring..tins have not clicked yet but I'm still optimistic and above all happy I'm a Civil engring grad..I love d profession even tho d Nigerian Factor is nt helpin..Sometimes I wonder..if I hadn't done civil engring how my life wud af turned out. I say dis cos even tho I'm nt employed to any firm..my proficiency in designs jus keeps me hanging in there..no offense to other discipline..bt Civil Engineering Rocks..im Happy I'm one of them..S/O to eryone in d house

I am a student of this discipline. I really like the feeling you got.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by Ischi: 8:11am On Jan 15, 2016
if you need information on orion csc i suggest this post [url]https://www.nairaland.com/2820415/why-every-structural-engineering-professional [/url]

if you need information on 3d modelling with lumion pro i suggest this post https://www.nairaland.com/2809821/every-architect-structural-professional-student

if you need information on SAP i suggest this post https://www.nairaland.com/2809683/every-structural-engineering-professional-student

if you need information on STAAD PRO i suggest this post https://www.nairaland.com/2808348/why-every-engineering-professional-student THESE ARE ALL CIVIL ENGINEERING SOFTWARE
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by jubrealguy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
Anybody here?
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by abeykohasa0524: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
Goodday to everyone, I am dapo,I have a Bachelos degree in Civil Engineering. I am looking out for a well experienced Engineer I could understudy and learn under. I have just 4 months site experience and I am very eager to learn. I am cool headed and very trustworthy. I can be reached on 09057681266. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by monastik(m): 6:15am On Mar 28, 2016
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by monastik(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2016
Ischi:
if you need information on orion csc i suggest this post [url]https://www.nairaland.com/2820415/why-every-structural-engineering-professional [/url]

if you need information on 3d modelling with lumion pro i suggest this post https://www.nairaland.com/2809821/every-architect-structural-professional-student

if you need information on SAP i suggest this post https://www.nairaland.com/2809683/every-structural-engineering-professional-student

if you need information on STAAD PRO i suggest this post https://www.nairaland.com/2808348/why-every-engineering-professional-student THESE ARE ALL CIVIL ENGINEERING SOFTWARE

THANKS FOR THIS POST

HERE ARE USEFUL LINKS I FOUND WHEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL STAAD PRO 8VI

STAAD PRO 8VI FREE DOWNLOAD AND CRACKING
http://www.myengineering.us/2014/09/staad-pro-software-with-crack-free.html

STAAD PRO 8VI INSTALLATION
http://www.myengineering.us/2015/05/installation-procedure-to-staad-pro-7.html

STAAD PRO 8VI TUTORIAL
http://www.myengineering.us/2014/11/staad-pro-tutorial.html
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by engineerjimmy: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
Are you an aspiring or praticing technician/engineer who is looking for fellow technicians/engineers to share knowledge with,share and gain from job and contract opportunities,and also participate in different on going projects,you can message 08170697723 on whatsapp and be part of the engineeringforum group. Cheers
Re: Civil Engineering: Aspirants And Practitioners by emmabuka: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
hw can I get prokon's installation n crack files

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs / Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed / I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.