Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger (41040 Views)

Senate Approves Tinubu’s Request To Sack FCCP Boss, Babatunde Irukera / Senate Approves Tinubu's Request To Appoint 20 Special Advisers / APC Senators Reject Electronic Transmission Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Boyooosa(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
Better

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Blaze14k: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Okealaaye:

Eranko! Which Nigeria's past leaders was not a western puppet? I just realised that I had been responding to the puerile mind of a mere toddler. Get thee gone, fulis ful!

And the faggo.t loves it to remain that way... What a joke. Like i said GSK, sensodine and Michelin tire have left nigeria due to inflation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by ojobek: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
You and this your Tinubu,had it been it's request is granted,you will be everywhere saying Tinubu is a master strategist but now that Senators turned there back at him,you still call it strategy.Lol!!!
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Does Tinubu look like someone who is interest in confronting Niger militarily?

He is the ECOWAS leader. The letter to the senate is just for him to make ECOWAS member states, Buhari, France and UK see that he made attempts.

Now, no super power will blame Nigeria or him for not protecting their interest.

Even a new born baby knows the senate will reject the prayer 7 of his request.

Underate Tinubu's Political sagacity at your own peril. Nigga is the real Maradona reason why we never wanted him in Aso-Rock. You can't set a trap for him.

Even the great PO knows him in and out, reason why he purposely left out election result and seeking out cancellation of his candidacy.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Phraences: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

He is the ECOWAS leader. The letter to the senate is just for him to make ECOWAS member states, Buhari, France and UK see that he made attempts.

Now, no super power will blame Nigeria or him for not protecting their interest.

Underate Tinubu's Political sagacity at your own peril. Nigga is the real Maradona reason why we never wanted him in Aso-Rock. You can't set a trap for him.

Even the great PO knows him in and out, reason why he purposely left out election result and seeking out cancellation of his candidacy.

Your head dey there. Do people really think Tinubu that just entered and is battling the effects of subsidy removal and exchange rate unification, Boko haram and UGM is eager or willing to go and invade Niger? Smh.

That letter needed to be sent for record purposes as evidence of the efforts he took as ECOWAS Chairman..

Common sense is not common in this country.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73.

Now, APC are just 59 senators.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

But somehow, Ebola boys disagreed with me.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

Master strategist is turning out olodo strategist.

Nigerians 1 v 0 Ebola and his herd of tribalists.
Bros u have said it all. The druggie is destined to fail

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by FireUpNow(m): 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
I dedicate “Sensimila” by Danfo Drivers to those who voted 'nay'. Great jam!
Then we gonna weed up and consume some ganja breed my brethren. Jah bless all consumers of sensimila. I dedicate Rastaman prayer by Like Dune. Beautiful jam!
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by AnI77: 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
I don't want peace, I want problems always. Tinubu should not mind the Senate. He should send the army to war, after all, peace is for the weak.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
At least, small sense remain thank God

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by panpan(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
The federal government should restore electricity supply to Niger Republic.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by maasoap(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
Senators were saying that they will pass a resolution condemning the coup, but on the issue of going to war with Niger, it is a no go area.”

Imagine! What are they waiting for?
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Tareq1105: 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
This is what we tried to educate some obifools who said on Netflix that Tinubu had moved Nigeria army to Maradi in Niger Republic to commence war.

I asked him how it was possible for Tinubu to do such without the approval of the National Assembly. He started insulting me.

This is the procedure and I'm happy the Senate have saved Tinubu and Nigeria from unnecessary expenses. We don't need war for now. We don't have the kind of resources we wasted on Liberia and others without refund.

Make Niger Republic people carry their Cross.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by gentlesmithugo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
We don't want peace. We want war
my brother.am from ozubulu too.eziora precisely
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Johnweeked12: 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
[quote author=ecolime post=124900881]
[b]
Na strategy bro cool

Nonsense ..

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by joba4luv: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7790809/tinubu-writes-senate-seeks-military#124875493

A crawl government want to jump at once is that possible? How can a temporary government wishing to wage war against other country? Is that not senseless?
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Vulcan24(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Calm down strategist!

trempt don't make any impact in policy and implementation!
If you had said he's seeking for Nigeria millitary contribution to the joint operation either by proxy or direct I would av applauded u. If he's asking directly for boots on ground or millitary action obviously it's a total nooo!

There's no millitary operation that will take out the junta except assassination!

Direct confrontation from ecowas will just be a front for France, us and UK to fight Wagner in Africa and eventually the European war theatre is shifted to Africa.

So oh boy!

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by sulaak(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
The right decision, Nigeria -Niger should first exhaust their bilateral agreement before ECOWAS multilateral agreement. Bozom is finished as the president; any agreement must be based on constitutional reform and election.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by barinedan(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
For once our senators have some sense. If it was that fat black lawan of the 9th senate they would have approved it even before the president would think of writing to them.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

what are you??
atleast he was once a master strategist
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by JoshTim: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

Lol, understand politics 101 and know how not to make enemies....

Do you think BAT didn't know it will be rejected? Chai.

This is why you Igbos will not get to the helms of affairs in this nation.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by eeetuk(m): 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
"According to a senator who attended the meeting, senators agreed to pass a resolution condemning the coup and to commend ECOWAS leaders on their efforts to restore constitutional order in Niger, but they ruled out military options."

Smart move by the Nigerian lawmakers. This action saves lives and the destruction of property. It would have been a disaster if the Nigerian lawmakers had endorsed Bola Tinubu reckless decision. Over 200 Nigerians are getting kidnapped daily in Nigeria without Nigerian government help to rescue these people. Boko Haram has killed over 500,000 in the past 2 years without end insights. And Bola Tinubu wants to start a war? Dumb decision by Bola Tinubu. Nigerian soldiers are the worst trained in the world. They are poorly equipped. I write to praise the Nigerian lawmakers for showing independent from a Bola Tinubu and not allowed themselves to be dragged into muddy and endless war.
Great way to think and act. Praise the lord!

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by putin2: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ebola jubuju
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Lexusgs430: 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
tsdarkside:

coup in nigeria would be difficult today....
the tribes factor would kick in immediatly....

tinubu is hoping if a coup happens in Nigeria, Ecowas would come to his rescue...... Hence his tough stand and hard speeches.....

Never say Never...... All those young soldiers with fresh blood...... They are unpredictable....

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Johnweeked12: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
[quote author=ecolime post=124900881]
[b]
Na strategy bro cool

Even the great PO knows him in and out, reason why he purposely .......yehn yehhnnn yeeehhnnnnnnnn.....ozuoooorrr grin

Na everything dey look like strategy for this one face. Just as if your brain is now on Autopilot to nod to every idiocy your agbado master spews.. Yoruba ronu now!!!! E reach time for you to use that rotten brain of yours, you still disappoint your village..

Why does tribalism become the only thing you get masturbate on. Why are you so divisive.. Even matters of national importance like this that should warrant anyone sane to be objective in their thinking, No, you must put peter Obi's name before you can rest. Is he your president ATM and why do you have to go that low every time. A man doing so well none of your generation will ever pull off his sandals is your concern while you wait for the next stipend to quickly buy garri and kulikuli opposite that bungalow you live in. You better get a life and go learn a skill. Tuehhh

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by insabarnur(m): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
While we are busy dishing out reasons closely related to Nkechis love dictionary..

Have any of us actually took out time to consider what this Nigerian coup means for Nigeria
Nigeria prides on it robust relationship with Niger which obviously was with it Elected Govt for as we speak, Niger have severed ties with Nigeria.

If ECOWAS cannot remove Niger military junta as it is also witnessed in other couped West African countries, what message does it sends to other African countries military?

Does this speak to the military morale and intentions..

Is it a GO Ahead for other African countries who feels it's democratically elected Govt is under performing.

What does this speaks to the Nigerian Military?

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Tareq1105: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Phraences:

Your head dey there. Do people really think Tinubu that just entered and is battling the effects of subsidy removal and exchange rate unification, Boko haram and UGM is eager or willing to go and invade Niger? Smh.

That letter needed to be sent for record purposes as evidence of the efforts he took as ECOWAS Chairman..

Common sense is not common in this country.

What do they know? They just want to go against anything Tinubu.

I know Nigeria would have gone to war with Niger Republic if it was Buhari. Na em cousin. Wetin concerned Tinubu? I guess he's just using the national assembly, though that's the right thing to do, to save face.

It's a genuine and tenable excuse for him before the ECOWAS members since it's Nigeria that would fund 90% of the cost.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Josephkabila12: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
taylor88:
EBOLA TINUBU

Lonely at the top……. Gbengbengbengben

Declaring war as if he can fight or Seyi his son will be at the war front

Nobody should advise this deaf man again

It won’t affect Nigeria it will only affect North & South West

Nothing concern who dey PH

May this fight favor me and my family

Shebi na soldiers wey them dey owe salary wan go fight

Soldiers that their food allowance is N1200

No be who chop belleful go go fight?

Warrrrrrrr start
ibo buffoons from ibo land southeast claiming ph

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Fujiyama: 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

^^^
undecided

Political sagacity indeed. Time will tell.

And who is the "we" you referred to? You aren't fooling anyone.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by harmony75: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
As if he has handled the one facing Nigeria finish!
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by LtChisom: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Aren't you ashamed of what you said, was it the heroin damaged scrotum urine dispenser that told you, we all know Ebola is becoming dumb and daft at same time.
The west don promise am money and his greed is sprout which brings out the imbecility in him.
So stop defending nonsense, keep quiet and go and sleep.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by mrblessed(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
What is a diplomatic solution? To ask the junta to step down and handover to a civilian? Never! It's not going to happen. Let France begin to renegotiate the prices of mineral resources it has been stealing for decades.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by CJStarz: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
Shebi d army no go go fight ba? No wahala. Make Tinubu send Asari Dokubo and im boys. Na only one hour e go take dem to show ndi Niger shege banza. MC Oluomo and his agbero boys go be additional support. Shikena.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Mother, 4 Children & 2 Others In Anambra / Imo: Supreme Court Stands Down Judgement On Imo Governorship Election / Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.