Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger (41043 Views)

Senate Approves Tinubu’s Request To Sack FCCP Boss, Babatunde Irukera / Senate Approves Tinubu's Request To Appoint 20 Special Advisers / APC Senators Reject Electronic Transmission Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by LifeofDream: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73.

Now, APC are just 59 senators.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

But somehow, Ebola boys disagreed with me.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

Master strategist is turning out olodo strategist.

Nigerians 1 v 0 Ebola and his herd of tribalists.
All this your analysis is rubbish, it's just common sense to reject the nonsense request...

I'm a southerner and support Obi emergence as president but rejecting such rubbish as intervention in Niger should be the will of majority of Nigeria and not the rubbish analysis you put up there...

How will Nigeria and ECOWAS be the one to fight for France?... 🤷
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abeg, where Doyin Okupe and Reno Omokri. I want give Dem catapult and 2 by 2 planks to carry go Niger Republic. Shebi Dem go represent us well. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by asanausana91: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
You have money to fight war in another man's country, but you are treating your soldiers like slaves.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Kusu12: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
Obidots and their irrelevant comments, frustrated sons of sit at home region
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by blowjohn(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Let them send VIO officials especially the ones in abuja.
Those ones behave like Fighters.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by tsdarkside(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
we need to get into war with Niger to save democracy in Africa...

bullshitt....to hell with democracy when it comes to a brother....

if the brother is happy with military rule,then soo be it....

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Creativity22: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

Lol. Brother easy oh. You don finish bulaba here
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Lanruze: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
As Chairman ECOWAS, PBAT has the full discretion on how to convey his message; either talk tough or negotiate. It's his total discretion as the President.

However, President Tinubu should swallow the humble pie and halt the plans for a Military intervention in Niger.

PBAT has no single direct experience in Warfare and Counter Warfare. PBAT has no Military background simple.

All Military interventions for West Africa through ECOMOG were done by Military rulers from Obasanjo to Babangida, and Abacha to Buhari.

All these Military rulers had a sound Military background and were also Generals i.e they had commanded Battalions and Division. All four Generals fought directly in the Civil War and backed the Federal Troops as such they had a direct Military background.

The coup d'etat prevelence in West Africa has a Multi-Dimensional twist. The West( US, EU & the UK) see democracy as a subset of capitalism and they will go any mile to protect democracy, In this case through regional blocs like ECOWAS & AU.

On the other hand all countries experiencing coups recently are french colonies with a dominant Muslim population and flair for the Islamic Jihadist doctrine. As such the invasion will be counter productive.

Let PBAT humbly convey a " Council of State" meeting with all former Military Heads of State in Attendance. From Gen. Yakubu Gowon, President Buhari, President Olusegun Obasanjo and Babangida . They are all War veterans and have the respect of the international community. They have also hands-on experience on financing , Manpower assigning and delivery of ECOMOG.

Gen Buratai also commanded the United Nations MNJTF which covered the Sahel region as such would have advisory on the subject.

The Senate has done well as the country would have embarked on an unprepared affront.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Gentlelox: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
I dedicate “Sensimila” by Danfo Drivers to those who voted 'nay'. Great jam!
Omo u dey jobless o... God forbid bad thing... Na ur work be this ? To dey drag fp morning to night with people wey nor dey reason u
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Mubiola360: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
taylor88:
[b]EBOLA TINUBU

Lonely at the top……. Gbengbengbengben

Declaring war as if he can fight or Seyi his son will be at the war front

Nobody should advise this deaf man again

It won’t affect Nigeria it will only affect North & South West

Nothing concern who dey PH
When I say must of you don't know anything g about global politics, your statement has justified my claim.
Tinubu is a master strategist. You can't predict his move.
Yes , he is the ECOWAS Chairman and vow to take action against foreign influence and military coup after coup .
You don't expect him to fold his hands after the regrettable situation in Niger , he had to make a move and not act like a paper tiger but having in mind, the protection of his mother land Nigeria and her people.
He has played his part by dishing out those sections which portray him as a working the talk chairman, now has a President , he had to seek approval from the people of Nigeria through National assembly on . However, even before seeking approval, he already knew the outcome. Thus is wisdom. So even if in the future they say Tinubu didn't act as the chairman in protecting democracy, going by history, we shall come out and debunk it that he tried his best but he just didn't go against the will of those that brought him into power.

May this fight favor me and my family

Shebi na soldiers wey them dey owe salary wan go fight

Soldiers that their food allowance is N1200

No be who chop belleful go go fight?

Warrrrrrrr start [/b]
When I say must of you don't know anything g about global politics, your statement has justified my claim.
Tinubu is a master strategist. You can't predict his move.
Yes , he is the ECOWAS Chairman and vow to take action against foreign influence and military coup after coup .
You don't expect him to fold his hands after the regrettable situation in Niger , he had to make a move and not act like a paper tiger but having in mind, the protection of his mother land Nigeria and her people.
He has played his part by dishing out those sections which portray him as a working the talk chairman, now has a President , he had to seek approval from the people of Nigeria through National assembly on . However, even before seeking approval, he already knew the outcome. Thus is wisdom. So even if in the future they say Tinubu didn't act as the chairman in protecting democracy, going by history, we shall come out and debunk it that he tried his best, made sacrificial sactions, sent high caliber delegates to dialogue but he just didn't go against the will of those that brought him into poweras he played his part.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Polchiz(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
descartes400:

I'm of the opinion that what happened in Niger cannot with utmost-almost certainty happen in Nigeria reason being,

If the Military did not take over during the height of Bokoharam insurgency that threaten the corporate existence of nigeria...what excuse will they give now?

Secondly the Nigeria Military echelon are well greased by the civilian authorities to warrant a coup.
You are 100% correct. A coup cannot happen in Nigeria. All recruitments into the military are not not on merit. Positions are given to cronies of Politicians.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Emola12(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tinubu no want peace he want problem always!!!! Lack of integrity ordinary Boko Haram,, bandits kidnapers dey here dey fight you people nnah never finish with Dem nnah wan go cause war like say seyi tinubu go dey front i no understand for all dis old old people like dis sef
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by ugbanante: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Please oh, should Nigeria decide how another sovereign nation should rule itself?

Did the citizens of Niger make any clarion call on Nigeria to liberate them?

Is ECOWAS now the big brother with the whip?

Has the president sat down to cost this intended action?

War isn't cheap...
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Oluoluomo: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Another thing Tinubu should do is to start generating power to Niger asap because if Russia or China decided to build a dam on river Niger, Kaiji dam will become useless oooo. It will affect the flow of water. Tooor

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by abbey621(m): 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Polchiz:

Damage control gone wrong.
That is why the north calls you people bat.
You neither here nor there.

Hush kid.....Grown ups are conversing!
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Creativity22: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
stanluiz:
No I disagree with you.

Tinubu will crush Niger. We must restore democracy In Niger. We are the Giant of Africa.
He will have to go with seyi tinubu
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by omoadeleye(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
Lol. Congrats Nigeria. The senate rejected Tinubu's request for troops to be deployed to Niger.

Tinubu is a wise man, he doesn't need to do bloodshed with anyone.

So he had to make it formal by requesting the approval from senate. Since the senate could not approve it.

It will always still be a respect plus for Tinubu.

Because, he made the move but since Nigeria is a democratic country his request wasn't granted.

Just a normal plan work from our president AKA ogbon sodiki
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

You can see we don't have a rubber stamp Senate. Lol... grin. Penguin2 you can now put your fears at rest.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by nedekid: 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nice one from the senators.
It also gives mr president wiggle room and a face saver from his reckless escalation that boxed him into a corner.
Any right thinking Nigerian knows we are not in a position military and economic wise for such adventure.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by engrchykae(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
motayoayinde:
THE MUCH-MALIGNED SENATE HAS ACTED IN THE NATION'S INTEREST.

NIGERIANS ARE OPPOSED TO ANY ILL-TIMED WAR.
maybe the Senate is ipob
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by casualobserver: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
We don't want peace. We want war

You must be from the south East.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by NEIGHBOUR(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

All this write-up just to prove that you were right? You now ended it predictably with insults.
You pray to grow old one day.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by nedekid: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
LifeofDream:

All this your analysis is rubbish, it's just common sense to reject the nonsense request...

I'm a southerner and support Tinubu emergence as president but rejecting such rubbish as intervention in Niger should be the will of majority of Nigeria and not the rubbish analysis you put up there...

How will Nigeria and ECOWAS be the one to fight for France?... 🤷

I taya, they have over 1000 troops there, so do the Americans.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Petdagr8t(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
Those idiots that blamed us for standing up against military invasion of Niger should also take their insults to the red chambers and even tag the senators as members of Ipob.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
Where is Helinues the stipend collector?

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Traplord09: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
motayoayinde:
THE MUCH-MALIGNED SENATE HAS ACTED IN THE NATION'S INTEREST.

NIGERIANS ARE OPPOSED TO ANY ILL-TIMED WAR.

So Nigeria da fear Niger like this 😂😂
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Dvdpity: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
We are not foolish and stupid like the Ukrainians and their government. Killing themselves like chicken for Western interests.
Africa is one.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by skj1377(m): 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Then no approval for money! You can't go to war without money. Or will he override that?
Dafresh:

You forget that Tinubu has the power to override the Senate
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Traplord09: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The senators made the right decision. Nigeria should focus on our internal affair

So Nigeria can fear like this
Da no how to oppress poor people
No da most go to WAR with there thugs

soldier are good in hand 🛍️
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Putinofrussia: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Dumbness will kill some people Sha.
I have told some people that ECOWAS will go to no war if Tinubu is still their chairman.
We don't have the funds and the energy now.
Tinubu just wanted to satisfy the EU,USA,his predecessor etc.
He knew that the request will be thrown out in the Senate where Northeners are the majority.
Niger Republic has 54% Hausa tribe.
Tinubu wanted them to kill themselves by themselves if they had agreed in the Senate.
Everybody including Buhari,Bazoum soul friend,now sees that Tinubu as ECOWAS chairman has tried his utmost best.
If ECOWAS,Tinubu really wants to invade Niger,he will not seek the approval of the Senate just like Bush did in 2003 when he invaded Iraq.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Rajiolaade: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
Okealaaye:

Remember that you folks swore on the unmarked graves of your fathers that Tinubu would not obtain his party's nomination, that Buhari would not join him on the campaign trail, that he would not win the election, that he would not be inaugurated on 29th May, because he would be arrested, that he wouldn't last 20 days in office because of ill heath? Shows that you're purblind prophets who couldn't see beyond their noses! Your prophecies have counted for nothing thus far, so shall it count for nothing going forward. By the time Tinubu completes his constitutional two terms, Nigerians I'll be so happy with him that they'll urge him to continue in office, but he'll decline because Tinubu is a Confirmed Patriot. That's the real McCoy, that's the genuine PROPHECY.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
raskymonojendor:

He knew the Senate will reject so he threw it to them. A good way of avoiding the responsibility of making that decision of dragging Nigeria to war. He is a smart man. He now needs to focus on the economy and let Niger worry about itself. The sanctions are enough punishment.

grin grin grin
Damage control. Its that what they are telling you in your WhatsApp group? Just to preserve the cult- like illusion of master strategist for your god.
Well, it only shows your ignorance. The president cannot unilaterally deploy Nigerian troops outside Nigerian soil without the approval of NASS.
So he didn't just decide to throw the request at the Senate. He was following the laid down law.
Find something else to console yourself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo Must Never Contest In 2019 If Buhari Dies – Doyin Okupe / APC Suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie / Jubilation In Tarkaa Over David Mark's Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.