Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti (31428 Views)

We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Nami: FIRS Under Fowler Virtually Collapsed, I Had To Rebuild From Scratch / Lagos Releases List Of Critical Roads For Construction After Rainy Season (2) (3) (4)

We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Metrix147: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti, has declared that nothing would hinder his avowed decision to rebuild Aba, the commercial capital of the state, including rains, ABN TV reports.

The immediate past government of the PDP had consistently adduced rainy seasons as reason for slow pace of construction works in Aba and other parts of the state.

Governor Otti, who was joined on Friday by the Hungarian Deputy Ambassador to Nigeria, Gabor Kruss, and Economic Counselor of the Hungarian Embassy in Nigeria, Judith Beres, on an inspection tour of some ongoing road projects in Aba, said his government was determined to deliver on his promises during the campaigns, the governor's chief press secretary, Kazie Uko said in a statement.

Speaking to a jubilant crowd at Cemetery Road, one of the several roads being revamped in Aba, the Governor declared that the rains would not be an obstacle to giving residents of Aba the good life they have longed for in the past 24 years, the statement said.

"Whether it is raining or the sun is shining, we will rebuild Aba
," Dr. Otti assured the cheering crowd, who left their shops and homes to mill around him and his entourage.

He continued: "I have come to see for myself the condition of this Cemetery Road and we're very happy with the progress of work in spite of the rain. The major challenge we have is that the drainage is blocked and the contractor, even though it's not part of his contract, has started desilting the drainage. If you look towards the left, you will see a lot of rubbish that they have excavated from the drainage.

"We have now divided the job into two phases. The first phase is from number one all the way to the rail line and across the rail is the second phase. So, all the rubbish we have here will be gone by tomorrow and once we have two days of dry weather, they will asphalt and this place will be ready to use.

"There is one more thing we will do, and we have also contracted for it; this place will have solar-powered street lights. Whether it is morning, night or darkness, this place will be lit up."

The Governor thanked the people for cooperating with the contractor and for their show of love and hospitality to the workers, urging for patience while the job lasted.

"Let me thank you once again for your patience. I know that you have been patient all this while and we have just a few more weeks before we deliver this road. We will also deliver other roads in Aba.

"Thank you for the support that you're giving to the workers. The contractor told me that you cook and bring food to the workers. I must thank you for that, God will continue to bless you," Dr. Otti prayed.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/we-cant-use-rainy-season-as-excuse-not-to-rebuild-aba-otti/

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Adaisback(f): 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
Soludo, pls come and see your mate, Ebola, you too, all non performing governor's should gather here, I have something for you

294 Likes 20 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Osariemen12: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
I know a leader when I see one.

But that Judith Beres is a MILF shocked.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by PoliciaNLand: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Osariemen12:

I swear just like my friend Adaisback

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by OmekaguGCFR1: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Leader but not a ruler

37 Likes

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Osariemen12: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
PoliciaNLand:
[/b]
I swear just like my friend Adaisback

Where is Adaisback? I don't joke with babes from east sides. They're worth the hype.

DJ play me Dorime for Adaisback.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Guyman01: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
Aba people are so appreciative of the works that they cook with their money and bring to the workers so that they don't leave the site to go searching for food, this is leadership in action

197 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Hedonisco: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2023
Where is that ugly-faced, kerosene-peddling, pot-bellied criminal that was governor before this Alex Otti?

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by BossGerald: 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
Aba adigo mma

Their prayers has been answered

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by paramakina202: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
Adaisback:
Soludo, pls come and see your mate, Ebola, you too, all non performing governor's should gather here, I have something for you

Our governor is working and for the first time in 24 years our people are very happy. To God be the glory.

91 Likes

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by horsepower102: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ongoing road construction under rain in Aba

112 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by horsepower102: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Road construction after heavy rain in Aba

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Ofunaofu: 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
This is the real definition of hitting-the-ground running

186 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by MXrep: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
horsepower102:
Road construction after heavy rain in Aba
Even Uyo with all it's flyovers do not pay attention to inner streets like this. The interconnectivity of inner streets in Aba is second to none

145 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Adaisback(f): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
Osariemen12:

Where is Adaisback? I don't joke with babes from east sides. They're worth the hype.

cheesy grin grin

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Adaisback(f): 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
paramakina202:

Our governor is working and for the first time in 24 years our people are very happy. To God be the glory.
the thing dey over sweet me. Chai! God will bless this governor for me o. Now, Abia state can finally breath after so many years. Indeed, God is Wonderful

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Adaisback(f): 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Osariemen12:

okwa gi? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Osariemen12: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Adaisback:
okwa gi? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Meaning?

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by christejames(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
That's a bold statement...

Peter Mba and Soludo hope you are listening?

25 Likes

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Osariemen12: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
Adaisback:
cheesy grin grin

You don dey shine teeth as if na lie I talk.

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Workch: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
Correct guy.
Aba people cook and bring to contractors.

It's not hard, when people vote whom they want, everyone will be happy.

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Workch: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Osariemen12:

I swear, I won't mind having her.
Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by paramakina202: 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
Adaisback:
the thing dey over sweet me. Chai! God will bless this governor for me o. Now, Abia state can finally breath after so many years. Indeed, God is Wonderful

He is a wonderful God indeed.A performing governor/president or leader do not need propaganda their works will always speak for them.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Osariemen12: 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
I swear, I won't mind having her.

Bad guy.
Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by TriCee: 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
Good. I like the Governor's focus on Aba.
Past Governors failed to realise that most of the state's revenue comes from Aba.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by STEWpid(f): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chai..

Thank God this regime is favouring Abia pipu.

Abia was just a large area of man-made swamp.

A kofornor with beta oil is on seat.

Chukwu abiama okike.

I'm happy for Abia pipu.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ride on sir
good market no need advert, mounting of billboard or signpost like the former Enugu governor or like the talkative in Anambra a confused governor with his agbero everywhere in onitsha.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by AllenSpencer: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
When you elect an illiterate has a Governor !

You want to embark on solid construction work, and want to ignore weather.

Re: We Can't Use Rainy Season As Excuse Not To Rebuild Aba — Otti by Longinyamapucci(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
That's the people's governor talking.

We love you Sir, carry go and no useless sit at home directed by one diasporan will work against you the real people's order in the land.

Kwenu.

19 Likes 1 Share

Buhari Meets With Rotimi Akeredolu, Ondo APC Governorship Candidate / Atiku Abubakar Pictured With Theresa May, British Prime Minister / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Putting Lives Of Judges In Danger - Buhari Med