Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J (26773 Views)

How To Transfer From State Government Teaching To Ministry / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by djkirkoo2(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Soundminded:
Good day my friends
Please advise me, I recently got a government teaching slot in a primary school, where I would probably earn 70k for a start ,but where I work presently in a private school where I teach government I earn 100k as basic salary and private lessons give me 40k monthly

Should I quit the private school for a government school? For job security
please take the government job offer which won't consume much of your time and won't hinder you from looking for other private/personal hustle. Government job is a secured job and dem nor dey kill body put, promotion comes every 3yrs, while steps implementation comes every year and you will even have the chance to further your education. But in private jobs, they will be needing all your attention and you can't double your hustle 💯.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Bfly: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
If you want more money choose private but if you want job security choose government.

You can't make mistake with these.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by OboOlora(f): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Take the latter abeg
U nor go de do any work, naa faaaji
And if u get luck, u fit see runs do make u de see 100k per day on d side

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by henryadex(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
It depends on your personal trait, if you enjoy taking salary for life go for government job but if you enjoy being independent do the private school Job for a while and begin to think of your independence
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Ollytblex(m): 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Bro I'm currently a teacher in a public school..My advice for you is to accept the job cos there are so many benefits attached to it..The pay is progressive since u won't remain on a particular level for long.Promotion is every 3 years b4 then ur step also increases which brings about increase in ur pay.. I assure u that u won't regret accepting the offer especially if it's Lagos State throwing the offer 2 u.(Lagos State civil service)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by sheDD(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2023
Soundminded:
Good day my friends
Please advise me, I recently got a government teaching slot in a primary school, where I would probably earn 70k for a start ,but where I work presently in a private school where I teach government I earn 100k as basic salary and private lessons give me 40k monthly

I have nothing for u
Follow ur heart
But I'm curious to know
I'm legit surprised
Like there are private schools that pays teachers something above 30k

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by egojeny1(f): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
grin

Only an enemy of progress will tell you to reject the government offer.

Though the salary is very poor, government jobs are more flexible. You'll have enough time for other things. Also and more importantly, There's more job security than a private school.
Op take this advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by baylow85: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Jux note.......
Your highest pay after 35 years as pry scho
ol teacher might not reach 250k........
if it's Lagos state, it's more than 400k.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by emdis: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
U can do both... U can give ur government job to an assistant and settle the person with part of the 70k.. later u ll forget private when u have saved enough
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Adogie(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Stick with the government job u have more time to urself and can futher your education or do other business

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Error401: 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
coming from a family of teachers even though I didnt choose teaching as a career, I will suggest you go for the government school while establishing your personal tutorial. Before retirement, he already own his school and gradually developing. I was raised with this format and I think its better than Private schools, you get the money, but no job security and gratuity, if you are in a good state, you should earn at least 8m gratuity if you partake in their contributory pension scheme. Make sure you work in a secondary school or at least cross carpet to secondary if you start from Govt. prmy. Govt jobs gives you more time to plan for your future.
Your state matters alot in your selection. In the long run, Govt. Secondary School is the best.

Soundminded:
Good day my friends

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by morrisono111: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
government primary school o. I don't think i will advise op to accept it. If it were government secondary school then it's fair. Secondary school that he can get to principal and also get some juicy position before or after retirement. A principal in a government secondary school can earn close to 700k

A Principal in a government secondary school in Delta state take home salary is 260k to 270k.

A professor salary in a public university is 480k to 490k
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by TheGiftedOne(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
If you know how to hustle, take up the public school own.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Hoelujohn: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Watcharena:
Take your government job ,you will have job security,after 10 to 15 years you can retire and still have pension and gratuity ,you can have time to pursue other businesses
Dey play. If. You don't use 35 years or u are 65 years of age, no pension once it's voluntarily retirement.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by zicoraads: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
The comments are funny to me. So a lot of you are advising him to take the government job because he will not be available to do it anyway; but you'll then turn around to complain that government schools are terrible, while completely blaming the government. You don't know that being absent from work, especially as a teacher is one of the main reasons why our schools are this bad?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by tollyboy5(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2023
You just naied it my guy. Government job will give you time to plan your life
BoboNogoDie:
grin

Though the salary is very poor, government jobs are more flexible. You'll have enough time for other things. Also and more importantly, There's more job security than a private school.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by vickydevoka(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
government primary school o. I don't think i will advise op to accept it. If it were government secondary school then it's fair. Secondary school that he can get to principal and also get some juicy position before or after retirement. A principal in a government secondary school can earn close to 700k
All the principles in abj government schools have plaza. De dere
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by tollyboy5(m): 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Dey play. If. You don't use 35 years or u are 65 years of age, no pension once it's voluntarily retirement.
This is not true
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by zicoraads: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
emdis:
U can do both... U can give ur government job to an assistant and settle the person with part of the 70k.. later u ll forget private when u have saved enough
And you created a thread complaining of a payment due you and your friends. But you're here advocating for someone to take a job and not show up. How sure am I that you even showed up for what you were asking to be paid for.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by baylow85: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
Pls just follow this. I was earning 82k in a private school in 2016. December of that same year, I was employed by the lasg, and the salary was 52k after all deductions. But today, my salary is above 100k and some of my colleagues in the private school have been sacked, while some are still there collecting less than 100k. There is flexibility in govt sch, compare to private. You will have a mind of your own. No issue on contributory pension, and ur bonuses will be paid as at when due. Private schools will look at you as if they are doing u favour without looking at ur input. pls pick the govt sch.
Soundminded:
Good day my friends

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Greenfaces: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
Private school go chop the 120k back commot your life. But the public school, you can close early and go do another hustle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by emdis: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
zicoraads:

And you created a thread complaining of a payment due you and your friends. But you're here advocating for someone to take a job and not show up. How sure am I that you even showed up for what you were asking to be paid for.
I didn't say he shouldn't show up. He should take the job and appoint an assistant for the mean time.. that is very legal. From which he will later resign from the private to focus on the government.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by pacificom: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
Government Jobs provide better opportunities than private. Private jobs are pay as you go. If they are paying you e.g N200k, they will use the money value out of you. While government job can leave you chance for side hussle. With government job, you can easily secure good loan to setup a private business to manage after hour. But private job will occupy most of your day time that you will hardly have time for your family, talk less of any side hussle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by UnfairLife7(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
morrisono111:

A Principal in a government secondary school in Delta state take home salary is 260k to 270k.

A professor salary in a public university is 480k to 490k

I am taking about Lagos State
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by baylow85: 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2023
emdis:
this is not possible in lagos
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Uwaiwe: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
Take the govt job. Private school will sack you under flimsy reasons and I'm not sure if there's room to explore other vocational jobs. For job security please take govt offer.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Hoelujohn: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
tollyboy5:

This is not true
It's true in Ogun state.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Nice2023(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
grin

May God help him not to Pick a govt job and let it be state govt,he will regret his life.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by indoorlove(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Not even close. A principal in government secondary school take home is between 250k to 350k. I'm very sure about that.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by UnfairLife7(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
baylow85:
Pls just follow this. I was earning 82k in a private school in 2016. December of that same year, I was employed by the lasg, and the salary was 52k after all deductions. But today, my salary is above 100k and some of my colleagues in the private school have been sacked, while some are still there collecting less than 100k. There is flexibility in govt sch, compare to private. You will have a mind of your own. No issue on contributory pension, and ur bonuses will be paid as at when due. Private schools will look at you as if they are doing u favour without looking at ur input. pls pick the govt sch.
please bro how can i get this government job? Please tell me i beg of you
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by baylow85: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
indoorlove:
Not even close. A principal in government secondary school take home is between 250k to 350k. I'm very sure about that.
Don't say what u don't know. it's more than 400k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apply For AOS Orwell Graduate Trainee Recruitment / IPI Powertech Graduate Trainee Recruitment Program 2017 / Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.