Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,171 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J (26899 Views)

How To Transfer From State Government Teaching To Ministry / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Cool83(m): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2023
Mantilla:
See if you can accept it and put someone to be doing the government school teaching job for you, while you give cut monthly.
Govt will owe for good 6months and there is nothing you will do .

Hold that your private job tight ooo

Someone can't teach for him

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Bukola94: 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Inner19:

I understand. I've been there. I've passed through it so I know. My first salary as a Teacher in Lagos was 5K per month grin
is not easy my brother, I took up a bartender job of 20k,hate the smell of alcohol and beer,have to wash the glass cups. I was feeling like to vomit, spitting and the owner of the hotel or customers must not know, else na sack. What men do to survive, different stories of our life...
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Cool83(m): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
Move closer to a public school teacher in order to get a first hand information, nairaland might confuse you
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Godsonkemz(m): 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
If am you, I will choose public so long as it's owned by government. My brother working for most Nigerian private institutions will wreck your life and the job could suddenly be taken from you.
With public school, you will have peace of mind and ample time for other hustles once school dismisses by 2pm and benefits of public holidays.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Eagle360(m): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
Accept Government job and continue your private lesson 🙏.
So many things you can do in government job, you can further more in your education. Even if teaching tired you, you can switch profession so far you have the requirements.
If I'm in your shoe the only thing that can make me stay in the private teaching is if the pay is up to #250k.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Prettychild(f): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Go for the public school cos private school has no security
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by kals4luv990(m): 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
government primary school o. I don't think i will advise op to accept it. If it were government secondary school then it's fair. Secondary school that he can get to principal and also get some juicy position before or after retirement. A principal in a government secondary school can earn close to 700k
which government sec skul will pay a principal close to 700k in naija..which earth r yu from

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by NoToPile: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
See Nigerians advising the OP the collect the govt job and ghost it or settle head teacher or put someone to teach for him while still running the private one, can you imagine the nonsense later we will be shouting govt govt govt. Mtchew.

OP if it's Lagos state govt I will advise you to take the govt job their teacher are treated decently and payment is by grade level I and most importantly their salary enters on time and there are other benefits- Pension, health insurance.

In this Lagos if you want to practice with your education degree and be a bit comfortable eh if you can't teach in the standardized private schools( the creme dela creme) hustle for Lasg teaching. Because you see all those private schools that abound they will frustrate your life.

I know some LASG teachers and they are fairly OK, with their own homes and cars they have access to loans and all. They might not be very rich but they live a decent life. These category are not the teachers we used to think of back then as poor.

There's this school of thought that the govt teachers do little work, honestly it's not so, they keep to all the rules down to school register, lesson plan and notes. The ones I know work hard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Weedhustler: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wodu89:
Don't. If you're even sacked you can establish a more robust private tutorial center and earn more. Don't look back, God has elevated you already, keep looking forward and avoid distractions

Minimum wage is about to be doubled 100% - This will take effect within the next two months. So if this is an attraction for you, you may put it into your list of considerations

Just imagine ur reasoning u are not seeing the bigger picture? In government job after every 3 years promotion comes in,ur pension,gratuity,other benefits I can't mention,u even have chance to upgrade urself. But in private job it's not so bro!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Simple99: 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
Quit the private job immediately. Start a government job and have your freedom to engage in any other thing that can still be fetching. The stress in private schools is always greater than whatever they are paying u.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Coolgent(m): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
Soundminded:
Good day my friends
Please advise me, I recently got a government teaching slot in a primary school, where I would probably earn 70k for a start ,but where I work presently in a private school where I teach government I earn 100k as basic salary and private lessons give me 40k monthly

Should I quit the private school for a government school? For job security
Govt job + private lesson
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by harmony75: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
Government school teachers are better!!!
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by segeting(m): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
Not only 700k na millions barao oooo how much is Director's General salary ?
UnfairLife7:
government primary school o. I don't think i will advise op to accept it. If it were government secondary school then it's fair. Secondary school that he can get to principal and also get some juicy position before or after retirement. A principal in a government secondary school can earn close to 700k
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Love800(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hw much pension? Abeg forget dat mata
wunmi590:

Quit the private school and take the government job...

The government teaching will give you more time, less stress, and you can even earn more, because while you have more time, you can use it to do extra lesson and other business..

Don't forget that they will also give you pension when you retire, what a private school can't give you...
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Love800(m): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hw will the pension help his life. Peanut pension
Watcharena:
Take your government job ,you will have job security,after 10 to 15 years you can retire and still have pension and gratuity ,you can have time to pursue other businesses
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by benzion72(m): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:

They do move qualified one to secondary school
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Wodu89: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
Weedhustler:

Just imagine ur reasoning u are not seeing the bigger picture? In government job after every 3 years promotion comes in,ur pension,gratuity,other benefits I can't mention,u even have chance to upgrade urself. But in private job it's not so bro!

Thats why it's not good to judge. The extra income she makes i.e 120,000 Naira per month if invested on a monthly basis caters for all this though not in a cumulative single way as in the government jobs but this gives this on a consistent basis without delays, procrastination and postponements.

As a deep thinker, I think both deep and wide and after thorough consideration of the pros and cons of both choices, I choose the private option
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Love800(m): 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Pls hw did u get ur lecturer job.
Advise me pls
Mpotomisticai:
Bro I'm currently a lecturer in a federal university. I have turned down some private company jobs that were willing to pay me twice the amount I'm currently earning reasons being that; 1) it gives me time for self development 2) it gives me time for my side hustles 3) It gives me time for vacations and most importantly, 4) it gives me time for my family..
Guy u will see the differential in the salary as a big deal, but with time u will need time and energy for some side hustles. A private school job will not give u time. Remember that time is money.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Love800(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wats meaning of RSA?
ajimo54:

Don't quit. Are u on pension in the private school? Do u have an RSA?
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by fayruka(m): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:

Na u dey pay Dem d 700k?? Even lecturers for state uni no dey earn that
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Love800(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
I dont understand dis.
Pls make it clearer?
Hoelujohn:

Dey play. If. You don't use 35 years or u are 65 years of age, no pension once it's voluntarily retirement.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by zicoraads: 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2023
emdis:
I didn't say he shouldn't show up. He should take the job and appoint an assistant for the mean time.. that is very legal. From which he will later resign from the private to focus on the government.
You're still doubling down. How can you take up a teaching job, then appoint an assistant? Why did you take it in the first place if you were not going to show up? If he wants to take the job, then he should take it and do it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by iSense247: 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
the principal in the government school i served in Ogun state earn close to 500k. Level 17
From 700k to 500k, he was not telling you the truth. State government pay principals less than 150k. They do retire at level 16. Level 17 is for PS.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by UnfairLife7(m): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
iSense247:
From 700k to 500k, he was not telling you the truth. State government pay principals less than 150k. They do retire at level 16. Level 17 is for PS.
LOl

Level 12 earn more than 150k in Lagos state government
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by UnfairLife7(m): 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2023
fayruka:

Na u dey pay Dem d 700k?? Even lecturers for state uni no dey earn that
prof in Lagos state university earn in million if you care to know
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by RosyIsBlessed: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Soundminded:
Good day my friends
Please advise me, I recently got a government teaching slot in a primary school, where I would probably earn 70k for a start ,but where I work presently in a private school where I teach government I earn 100k as basic salary and private lessons give me 40k monthly

Should I quit the private school for a government school? For job security

Arrange your time well and do the two. If the private school job become more demanding take the government job and do business
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Sammy5413(m): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Where una wan see 120k teaching job for this naija

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by iSense247: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
UnfairLife7:
LOl

Level 12 earn more than 150k in Lagos state government
This might be obtainable only in Lagos as far as Southwest is concerned. This is my field.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Sprints3: 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2023
Take public private will kill u with work u go teach tire
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by Sprints3: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sammy5413:
Where una wan see 120k teaching job for this naija
e dey was earning that in Lagos b4 I left close to 150k minus petty petty bonus dump the stupid job cuz the work load was more than the salary I was beginning to go senile I dey even dream the work for sleep.
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by UnfairLife7(m): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
iSense247:
This might be obtainable only in Lagos as far as Southwest is concerned. This is my field.
which state are you working?
Are you in the public or private school?
Re: Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J by wunmi590(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Love800:
Hw much pension? Abeg forget dat mata

More better than being giving all your salary and at the end of your service year nothing to show for it..

With the present increased in almost everything in Nigeria, it is hard for some people to even save 50kobo, so the pension will surely help in future...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don't Take A Job At Dangote If You Have A Choice / I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.