Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,084 members, 7,859,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths (627 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths by julimax(m): 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
Me Dear Naija people,

Imagine a country where unemployment rate is almost hitting the Guinness Book of Records and yet that same country has the highest paid Assembly members in the world. Abeg my people, na so we go dey dey? If we don't ask we'll never get. All our leaders think about is their interest. Don't you think Nigeria is rich enough to pay welfare packages to its unemployed citizens? No body talks about it, crime rate is high ( because people no get work). And our senators/Reps grab 25% of our total budget. A lot of the clean kidnapping jobs you hear today are executed by graduates. Some of who never ventured to do crime, but as per condition, (Nobody wan die for hunger na).

Have you imagined that one Senator's salary a month can pay 200 Graduates, who would live a very comfortable life with that amount. We no dey talk of constituency project money 'choppings'. We are not thinking of the loots, that one na heart attack you go get. But I ask, why haven't our government thought of welfare? At least if they cant provide jobs, they should manage welfare for the unemployed. The money is there. As for my opinion, i say if they slash 60% from the salaries of these our over paid Parliament guys it will go a long way to pay welfare, even if they manage 20,000 - 15,000 naira monthly for different levels. This is just me thinking
Re: Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths by Blackteeth(m): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
When they can't pay minimum wage?
Re: Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths by tpia5: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
I think i agree, but it should only be a temporary ie time limited measure while they search for job placement.

This would discourage them from staying permanently in that situation.
Re: Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths by julimax(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2011
When they can't pay minimum wage?

Who said they cant pay minimum wage? Do you hear how much EFCC is putting on Gbenga Daniels, and friends? Just the funds looted by one Ex Governor can do that nationwide
Re: Nigeria Should Start Paying Walfare Packages To Unemployed Youths by chisom19: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2011
@tipia, great post, the problem with our unemployed youth (graduates) is that most of them can't even write a good CV, I met a graduate who told me that he's looking for work and i asked him to try and sent his CV to all the major companies around . he asked me "what do i mean by CV"? this is someone who claim that he has been looking for work for the past one yr. why can't our graduates do voluntary work during their time in the university? this will serve as work experience, majority of them, their CV is BLANK.

(1) (Reply)

Single Term: North Moves Against Jonathan / 316.65kg Of Marijuana Discovered In Ondo State Government Vehicle / Obama,bill Gates, Zuckerberg Make The List Of World's Most Powerful People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.