Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? (1088 Views)

So Who Will Date The Broke Lady? / "I Don't Double Date" - The Lie Behind It / Guys Rate My Pic, I Need To Date The Most Beautifull Lady On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by DyshApp: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
After days or weeks of great conversation, you decide to take things to the next level by saying yes to a date.

You get there, and the conversation and drinks are flowing. No red flags so far. You are both vibing and already planning the second date. Life is great.

Then your server swings by with the bill, and awkward silence falls upon your previously chatty table. The mood changes as you stare at the cute guy, waiting for him to make a move to pick up the check, only for you to catch him also staring at you. You both sit for what feels like forever, waiting for someone to finally pick up the bill.

Back in the day, social norms dictated that "the man" pick up the tab. But times have changed a lot, with more women getting paid just as much as men and continuously fighting for equality. As a result, the question of who foots the bill on a first date has become a constant, thorny issue.

Find out more about this article on Dysh

Also get more Relationship content on the Link Above☝️

So what do you think who should pay on the first date,the Man or Woman?

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by immortalcrown(m): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nothing more to find out in your click bait. Whoever initiates a date should foot the bill.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Dshocker(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
DyshApp:
After days or weeks of great conversation, you decide to take things to the next level by saying yes to a date.

You get there, and the conversation and drinks are flowing. No red flags so far. You are both vibing and already planning the second date. Life is great.

Then your server swings by with the bill, and awkward silence falls upon your previously chatty table. The mood changes as you stare at the cute guy, waiting for him to make a move to pick up the check, only for you to catch him also staring at you. You both sit for what feels like forever, waiting for someone to finally pick up the bill.

Back in the day, social norms dictated that "the man" pick up the tab. But times have changed a lot, with more women getting paid just as much as men and continuously fighting for equality. As a result, the question of who foots the bill on a first date has become a constant, thorny issue.

Find out more about this article on Dysh

Also get more Relationship content on the Link Above☝️

I think the girl's grandmother should make the payment.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by AllBlack: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
UNICEF will pay
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by GodWrites: 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
Both should pay. 50;50.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
First date? 1000% Man's responsibility.

Let no shameless man or kidult quote me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by marlow1962(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
On a first date shit, always apply rule one
- never ever tell a lady to order what she likes.

Those people likes what you and your enemies don't like.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Eyinju112(f): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
As a Nigerian woman that I am, I use to have vex money to pay my bills if the guy wan stain my white, and to transport myself back home😂.

I had this guy then who liked me a lot, he’s a civil defense officer. So anytime he’s around he comes home to pick me out because I'm an introvert. I liked the friendship a lot because he took me to so many places I’ve never been in my city. Though he had asked me out and I rejected him that we can just be friends, he accepted after so many denial. The friendship continued like that ooo. Micheal is a party rider c’mon. Every sat and Sundays are for owambe. He picks me from home and returns me back at evenings. While all this were going on, I didn’t lose my sense of taking vex money and ATM ooo.

So during the Covid-19 lockdown, Micheal who is a military personnel still attends home parties with his friends. So that fateful day the curfew had started like 4pm. Micheal came home to pick me as usual, my mom was scared but he told my mom to be rest assured, me too mumu told my mom nothing would happen shebi it’s Micheal. I made my mom see Micheal as my one and only true friend. Truly nothing happened because he is an officer, so we were always passing every checkpoints without issue. We got to the home party, oh God!!! like God wanted to punish me that day, Micheal was a bit tipsy and was telling me we weren’t going home that night that we both gonna be together. I thought it was a joke ooo. Micheal meant it. He said i should find my way home if I can’t sleep with him, knowing fully well that curfew had started, no bike, no cab, nothing to take me home, In fact I didn’t had a dime with me. That day I regretted knowing Micheal . I begged him like a god but he insisted on sleeping with me that night. For God so good I have one yeye uncle who begs me for money all the time he sees me😂 he’s a police officer. I called him and told him the mess I got myself in, immediately he drove down to pick me. That was how I escaped oooo. The following day Micheal called me and blamed his act on shayo😂😂😂😂 well I forgave him but never followed him out, gradually the friendship died.

Never lose your guard with any man. Men are ready to stain your white.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Enny2013(f): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
Must there be a date?
Anyone can foot d bill though.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Goodlady(f): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
DyshApp:

There's a popular saying that said men are the head of the house, head of any situation literarily.
So as the head and most times the ones that initiate the date, it's men that should pay. Including the tfare and take away for the lady.
If you v contrary opinion, take me out!
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
First date as in going out with a female friend ba.

This things should be discussed properly before setting out na.

Shouldn't be an issue atall like babe I only have 5k and I want make we commot.. if she is game then we be on our ways

1 Like

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Silentgroper(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Eyinju112:
As a Nigerian woman that I am, I use to have vex money to pay my bills if the guy wan stain my white, and to transport myself back home😂.

I had this guy then who liked me a lot, he’s a civil defense officer. So anytime he’s around he comes home to pick me out because I'm an introvert. I liked the friendship a lot because he took me to so many places I’ve never been in my city. Though he had asked me out and I rejected him that we can just be friends, he accepted after so many denial. The friendship continued like that ooo. Micheal is a party rider c’mon. Every sat and Sundays are for owambe. He picks me from home and returns me back at evenings. While all this were going on, I didn’t lose my sense of taking vex money and ATM ooo.

So during the Covid-19 lockdown, Micheal who is a military personnel still attends home parties with his friends. So that fateful day the curfew had started like 4pm. Micheal came home to pick me as usual, my mom was scared but he told my mom to be rest assured, me too mumu told my mom nothing would happen shebi it’s Micheal. I made my mom see Micheal as my one and only true friend. Truly nothing happened because he is an officer, so we were always passing every checkpoints without issue. We got to the home party, oh God!!! like God wanted to punish me that day, Micheal was a bit tipsy and was telling me we weren’t going home that night that we both gonna be together. I thought it was a joke ooo. Micheal meant it. He said i should find my way home if I can’t sleep with him, knowing fully well that curfew had started, no bike, no cab, nothing to take me home, In fact I didn’t had a dime with me. That day I regretted knowing Micheal . I begged him like a god but he insisted on sleeping with me that night. For God so good I have one yeye uncle who begs me for money all the time he sees me😂 he’s a police officer. I called him and told him the mess I got myself in, immediately he drove down to pick me. That was how I escaped oooo. The following day Micheal called me and blamed his act on shayo😂😂😂😂 well I forgave him but never followed him out, gradually the friendship died.

you Stained your own white yourself .... you called yourselves friends .. well as a friend to him, it's common sense for you to atleast say " dear Michael, the bills are on me today"

But no. in your mind, Michael is more of a maga than a friend ...

Michael real friends don give am scope, na 5he scope he wan use on you that day ...

kpele

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Eyinju112(f): 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Can’t you read and understand. I said every weekends were parties. Micheal always have one party or the other we attend. Sometimes he sends me clothes to sew if the party is based on clothes. Na party I wan Dey take care of bills Abeg
Silentgroper:

you Stained your own white yourself .... you called yourselves friends .. well as a friend to him, it's common sense for you to atleast say " dear Michael, the bills are on me today"

But no. in your mind, Michael is more of a maga than a friend ...

Michael real friends don give am scope, na 5he scope he wan use on you that day ...

kpele
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by dhiqson(m): 4:02am On Aug 08, 2023
Eyinju112:

I didn't even bother reading your long writeup when i saw "vex money"
Like wtaf us wrong with you people
Carrying your own money on a date is called vex money?
Obvs y'all see dates as where to eat sha so i understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Rokiat(f): 4:42am On Aug 08, 2023
I am never paying on the first date or the 2000th date. Never.

Unless I took him out for a treat or surprise dinner or something.
We get spoiled over here.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Kipaji: 4:46am On Aug 08, 2023
I don't date.
I don't even get the purpose of a date to be honest.
How does dating benefit me as a man? What role does it serve in the life of a masculine man?

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Intergrated: 5:12am On Aug 08, 2023
dhiqson:

na wetin we de see for Nigeria oo. Micheal is good as long as he spends his money. Useless girls everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Eyinju112(f): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
Na why una Dey fail exams be this. You won’t read instructions before ticking the opposite answer.
dhiqson:

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Eyinju112(f): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Intergrated:
na wetin we de see for Nigeria oo. Micheal is good as long as he spends his money. Useless girls everywhere.
See how this one daftly followed the crowd. That’s how you fail in exams. Copy copy copied rubbish. Learn to read and understand before you comment ode
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Negroid001(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Eyinju112:

Person dey flex you regularly, you say you no wan collect lol.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mtcheww, a woman is not meant to spend her Kobo in a relationship, if a woman pays for a date and you are comfortable with that as a man, then you are a complete simp.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Negroid001(m): 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Goodlady:

There's a popular saying that said men are the head of the house, head of any situation literarily.
So as the head and most times the ones that initiate the date, it's men that should pay. Including the tfare and take away for the lady.
If you v contrary opinion, take me out!

Only when they are married. If na dating, We're splitting the bill. Trust me. I no be your maga. Nobody force you come date.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Negroid001(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
IconicR:
Mtcheww, a woman is not meant to spend her Kobo in a relationship, if a woman pays for a date and you are comfortable with that as a man, then you are a complete simp.

Give that same advice to your bro or your male child and see if it makes sense. Men nowadays don't date expired overused liabilities that have nothing to offer a man.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
Negroid001:

Give that same advice to your bro or your male child and see if it makes sense. Men nowadays don't date expired overused liabilities that have nothing to offer a man.
My broses are big boys and my future sons will be very rich enough never to have eyes on a woman's earnings
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Goodlady(f): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
Negroid001:

Only when they are married. If na dating, We're splitting the bill. Trust me. I no be your maga. Nobody force you come date.
Neither am I your olosho.
You must be a maga by force to love.
Some of you guys are so dirty and unlovable sef.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Negroid001(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
IconicR:
My broses are big boys and my future sons will be very rich enough never to have eyes on a woman's earnings

It's poverty that will make a woman eyes set on a man's earning too. Make she go work for her own.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
Negroid001:

It's poverty that will make a woman eyes set on a man's earning too. Make she go work for her own.
Women are naturally designed to depend on men for provision while they give care, so it's not out of place for women to act their natural way. These generation men wants to turn everything against nature hence the reason we have high rate of divorce in recent times.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Negroid001(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
Goodlady:

Neither am I your olosho.
You must be a maga by force to love.
Some of you guys are so dirty and unlovable sef.

I don't do prostitutes, so I no fit look your side.
I'm lovable asf. What I abhor is greedy and gluttonous women.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by Negroid001(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
IconicR:
Women are naturally designed to depend on men for provision while they give care, so it's not out of place for women to act their natural way. These generation men wants to turn everything against nature hence the reason we have high rate of divorce in recent times.
Sebi na una want equal human rights. Ordinary to share bill una dey complain. Please give up this your mentality, don't put your hope on any man if you don't want to be on the losing side.
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by fourboys: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
I dey always pay for first date.. second, third and fourth na for my room

1 Like

Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by lordnkem000(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Eyinju112:

My love, am glad for ur story. May this your story favor me this 2023
Re: Who Should Pay On The First Date, The Man Or Woman? by lordnkem000(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
IconicR:
Just hear urself, thank God none of my sisters reason or talk like u. My both elder and younger sisters re all married and they cater for their families with their salaries too even though the man brings, my elder sister dated her husband for 5yrs and he was jobless in 4+yrs then. But she was working then, she rented his first house as man. But today they have 3boys, married for 13yrs now and her husband is an offshore worker with loads of cash, he doesn't joke with my sister at all. I have a few female friends and they don't reason like u, I hope no one takes u serious abeg. Better change

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

" is good sex on a cross-over night bad? " / My Boyfriend Loves Me, Can You Say The Same? / What Would You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.