Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? (12181 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Men! We Really Need To Rethink Our Life And Our Trusts! / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by siofra(f): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

you missed the point.... the idea of poligamy is:
- to have multiple wives with whom you can have as many children as you desire in a short period of time. a polygamus man can even have 10 kids in 3/4yrs, while you will need to wait at least 8/9 long yrs and that woman's body, mind and soul would be busted up.
- to have multiple women so that when one wife act a fool, you can just focus on the other wives (without being emotionally/sexually blackmailed by temporary crazy wifey)
- to have multiple wives with whom you can a dedicated peaceful home...each wifey dedicated to a specific chore (one for cooking, other for cleaning, one for chidren caring etc) and every week you switch their duties.
-5 understanding women is better than ONE...
- to have plenty of different coochie to mount without having to sneak out at the dead of night like a cheating rat. you got plenty plenty different coochie right at home.

here is a simple clue: put ONE woman on an island with 99men, and after 50yrs you will have max 100adults and their 40 children (and their offspring) top....but on the other hand, put one man on that same island with 99 women and in 50yrs, you will have a community of adult with their 500 children and their offsprings. Polygamy can never be bad for humanity. unless you put a bunch of gays and travesti on that island, and what you will get after 50ys, is the corpse of 100 dead MEN!

You mumu oo

Who will take care of those children? undecided
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Aklee4994(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
Gamesmart:

It was so weak and lame, I could not be bothered to prove anything but laugh.

Now, your assertion: "Polygamy is an "Economic weigh down" on any country that allows polygamy"

Your backing proof: "Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP, doesn't support polygamy, infact most sef are LGBTQ friendly so as to reduce population and increase production and wealth to share among available citizens"

How is that proof or makes sense?

Before the became the richest countries, did they use to back polygamy before? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So, when they decided to stop backing polygamy was when their economy grew? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nonsensical correlation linked as cause.

The Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP are also white.

The Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP also have more weather seasons.

The Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP are also christian nations.

The Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP also don't do extended family.

The Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP also have people who cannot run very fast.

The Top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP also have people who don't know how to dance.

Are those also the reasons why their economies are good? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You provided pure nonsense proof and argument by just using correlation as causation. grin grin grin

You also used countries that don't practice polygamy to prove that those that practice polygamy have negative economic impact, instead of using countries that practice polygamy to prove their economy has been negatively impacted. That is some Oshodi International University academic work! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
All your logic counter are good but stop laughing to make your assertion look sharp

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Expanse2020(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
Puss360:
Psychologically, Humans are the most difficult species to understand...
Benefits of Polygamy heavily lies on the mentality of the Man... Not the woman...
There are many reasons men go into polygamy... Some are for sex, some are for children, some are for love generally....
But the most absurd is those who marry "to help some women avoid being a spinster"....

Years back when the earth isn't so populated and technologically advanced,we can encourage polygamy to have more children to increase agricultural production...
But now, this 21st century, Polygamy is an "Economic weigh down" on any country that allows polygamy...
We might not agree, but top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP, doesn't support polygamy, infact most sef are LGBTQ friendly so as to reduce population and increase production and wealth to share among available citizens ...

Don't quote me blindly, do your research and think....

In addition; it's easier for a single man to have 6 kids and train to maximum 18yrs, but it's a heavy burden to the government to provide social amenities to all those kids...
6 kids from one man, uses government road, government electricity, government hospital, occupy government school...
All of dem from one man... Lol...
Now imagine 50 men having 6 kids each... And only like 35 of the men are working...
Isn't it a heavy burden
Be deceiving yourself those who practice the LGBTQ stuffs the still received konji better than yourself..So many news we have heard here about the transgender married themselves back, lesbians married to her house later denounced it...if your brother bobby risky don father he just de form for public
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
Expanse2020:

It's not ojukokoro...the population of weman is around 65 to 70% out of 100% if 30% of weman marries 30% of men so the remaining 40% you want to kill them or you will forcefully make them sister.. so it's has to balance when a man take 3women the equation will be balance..

Are you okay? Who told you the population of women is 60-70%? Where did you get that statistics from?

3 Likes

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Truvelisback(m): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Normally i like the idea of polygamy but on second thought, what are the reason for engaging in polygamy? because
1. The target is to born 2 to 6 children'' and i think one woman can born such amount of children except life circumstances.
* And i think one understanding woman is better than two troublesome wives''
* And i don't think sex is am enough reason to take another wife, except your present woman is giving a tough time for D sex
Pls experience elders in the house what are the benefits of polygamy when somebody has an understanding woman.
Pls is for men''
These are the reasons to be polygamous. Although it has its own disadvantages. Polygamy will be good if you are rich or have the resources to take care of your wives and children. 1. It saves you from unnecessary drama from any of your wives. The competition to please you will be there unlike when you marry only one wife. She may decide to puff up because she feels you are the only man in her life. But if she notices that there are other wives who are willing to do anything to gain your love, she would be forced to adjust her behavior. If "A"can't cook good meal for you, B will do that for you. When B is always is always complaining of tiredness when you want to have fun with her, A will make herself available.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by talented321: 8:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Every woman wants a man other women desire which is money and character.
Many people go into polygamy because of their selfish interests' because bringing children u can't take a good care for is very bad' just look at the poverty rate in nigeria.
Truvelisback:
These are the reasons to be polygamous. Although it has its own disadvantages. Polygamy will be good if you are rich or have the resources to take care of your wives and children. 1. It saves you from unnecessary drama from any of your wives. The competition to please you will be there unlike when you marry only one wife. She may decide to puff up because she feels you are the only man in her life. But if she notices that there are other wives who are willing to do anything to gain your love, she would be forced to adjust her behavior. If "A"can't cook good meal for you, B will do that for you. When B is always is always complaining of tiredness when you want to have fun with her, A will make herself available.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Chucks13: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
We need it to silent those women who are bitch frustrating their husband in the name of one wife one husband nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by casualobserver: 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Polygamy is not to benefit women rather it is men selfishness''

Man’s selfishness is being married and having side chicks knowing if your side chick is a decent woman she won’t want a child out of wedlock for a married man. All the benefits of polygamy without the responsibilities.

It’s the women and the children they may bear that lose out in the long run.

Monogamy is the reason there are so many single mature ladies 95% of whom will either never get a man to marry them, have children of their own or both.

Polygamy is actually bad for men because they have to take full responsibility for what they are doing while officially monogamous.

Men are polygamous by nature. Monogamy just means we continue to act polygamous and avoid responsibility.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Puss360(f): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
Expanse2020:

Be deceiving yourself those who practice the LGBTQ stuffs the still received konji better than yourself..So many news we have heard here about the transgender married themselves back, lesbians married to her house later denounced it...if your brother bobby risky don father he just de form for public
Lol... It's just a point, I'm not promoting any ideology... Pol
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Puss360(f): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
abdullahi45:

Trying very hard to fulfill your one-sided argument, huh. How about the other countries that support polygamy and still make the list?
Wahala... Oya judge for yourself...
I hate unnecessary argument...

And I'm done with this topic..
Make I rest ...

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Camberlo(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Normally i like the idea of polygamy but on second thought, what are the reason for engaging in polygamy? because
1. The target is to born 2 to 6 children'' and i think one woman can born such amount of children except life circumstances.
* And i think one understanding woman is better than two troublesome wives''
* And i don't think sex is am enough reason to take another wife, except your present woman is giving a tough time for D sex
Pls experience elders in the house what are the benefits of polygamy when somebody has an understanding woman.
Pls is for men''

There are many reasons different men takes 2-wives.

1. Imagine you married for 10years and children yet and according to medical reports, the chances of your present wife give birth is not high due to her condition (she always get pregnant but delivery is problem)

2. What if you are married and have 3 children and the marriage collapsed and you remarried but your present wife not ready to be mother to the kids (as you are having custody of the kids). She can't do it because her condition does not give her the energy
They are 12, 9 and 6yeras old.

The only thing your present wife do is cooking after that, you are everything of these kids.

Sleep, bathing, school, and other house chores

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by hanymasahun: 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2023
Don't know how to explain better but let me put it in this way
Why do we need two house why one is enough, why do we need more than one cars why one is enough. The same thing goes for wife when one busy the other one take position, when one need rest the other one move on, when one need repair or service the other one get to work. And Population of woman is more than men so there is reasons for that.

Speaking from experience if you want best out of your wife married two the competition will favor you.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Truvelisback(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Every woman wants a man other women desire which is money and character.
Many people go into polygamy because of their selfish interests' because bringing children u can't take a good care for is very bad' just look at the poverty rate in nigeria.
That's why I said in my previous comment that if you are rich or have the resources to take care of your wives and children, it is a good idea. Although it has its own disadvantages likewise monogamy has its own disadvantages too.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by talented321: 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Normally everything has good and bad'' but even if we happen to marry two wives we need to control the birth rate especially the struggling men.
Truvelisback:
That's why I said in my previous comment that if you are rich or have the resources to take care of your wives and children, it is a good idea. Although it has its own disadvantages likewise monogamy has its own disadvantages too.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Truvelisback(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Normally everything has good and bad'' but even if we happen to marry two wives we need to control the birth rate especially the struggling men.
Yes, polygamy will only be good if you are rich or doing well or your wives are financially independent. I know several guys who have at least, two wives that the wives takes care of them. grin This is because the wives are financially independent. grin
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by talented321: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2023
Just imagine'' what if the women are not financially okay' the the family will just sink and the innocent children will face a sorrowful and painful'' nigeria need to adjust many things.
Imagine forcing ur children to go and live on their own when you haven't done any better thing for them''
Well everybody with his own choice.
Truvelisback:
Yes, polygamy will only be good if you are rich or doing well or your wives are financially independent. I know several guys who have at least, two wives that the wives takes care of them. grin This is because the wives are financially independent. grin
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Charly68: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Our fathers practice polygamy because of their farming occupation. Anything outside that is greed and avarice .. Too much lust for women forces many to marry more wives that they can't take good care of

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Truvelisback(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Just imagine'' what if the women are not financially okay' the the family will just sink and the innocent children will face a sorrowful and painful'' nigeria need to adjust many things.
Imagine forcing ur children to go and live on their own when you haven't done any better thing for them''
Well everybody with his own choice.
It would be hell. That's why I said if you are rich or doing well as a guy, or your wives are financially independent, you will enjoy it.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Laopangjiaspice: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
Gamesmart:

Did you even read my write-up?

You read it and you struggle to comprehend the fallacy in your thinking?

You used Oshodi International University academic approach.

Let me simplify my write-up for you.

If you want to test your logic, answer these two simple questions:

Before the became the richest countries, did they use to back polygamy before?

So, when they decided to stop backing polygamy was when their economy grew?
YOU ARE A GOOD ELDER. A VERY INTELLIGENT ONE. I SALUTE YOU
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by jojothaiv(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

Na here we gather dey wey one sheke like that say she no mind if she be 4th so far the man get serious bar and she even admit say na her ambition be that. Ordinarily, guy man wey dey hustle no suppose reason that kain yarnings but on a second thought, after everywhere don burst, God don pick guy man call give money wey long wetin you think him go do with the bannies wey wan dey gum body, him go shenk them abi?

Nairaland be like wetin I just know this days, na very anyhow matters just dey show face, e align e no align, the moderators wey dey on two weeks schnapps go don rush push am enter front page.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by kazyhm(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2023
Puss360:

Wahala... Chai.. too bad we have lots of half baked educated elites here ....
It's easy to condemn someone points, but very hard to prove your own...
Now to someone reading this on the net, don't you think the person will want to know why you rule out my points?
Worse, you come online, take one side, attack the other side and run..
It is well ....

And no, it's not your fault that I don't understand Basic statistics... .
All of us no Sabi the thing ..

It seems you're deficient in statistics.....it very sad that you don't know what proving a pint is.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Puss360(f): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
kazyhm:

It seems you're deficient in statistics.....it very sad that you don't know what proving a pint is.
Ok

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by kazyhm(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
That is the africa man problem'' how can somebody that doesn't feed his one woman will look for another woman or girlfriend'' those are the things affecting the nation' we just born children we can't take care for.

Feeding is subjective....
Contentment is virtue....

It is a well know fact that a man with one wife loves his wife
A man with more than one wives loves himself.

What would you have done when loving someone else becomes a disadvantage?

Think about this
Female = chaos
Male = Order

I hope you understand?
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
Puss360:

60% of thos living in Qatar are foreigners mainly from Western world.

Exaggeration

Abdullahi45

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2023
Expanse2020:

It's not ojukokoro...the population of weman is around 65 to 70% out of 100% if 30% of weman marries 30% of men so the remaining 40% you want to kill them or you will forcefully make them sister.. so it's has to balance when a man take 3women the equation will be balance..

You are ignorant Ignoramus with stupid and misleading statistics, go and check population of male to female in the world, nonsense!

Read and research more , don't you know that there are more baby boys at birth in human?

IconicR
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Are you okay? Who told you the population of women is 60-70%? Where did you get that statistics from?

Don't mind the ignorance, he should check global sex ratio and boys are produced more than girls in human.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by kazyhm(m): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Female are more that male in population...
Population of Female of marriageable age is more than the population of male of marriageable age ( famale mature faster)
Population of Rich male is more than the population of rich female

If I can help you with the factor of the statistics especially as it relate to probable relationship between male and female
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Yinkusgold:

You are ignorant Ignoramus with stupid and misleading statistics, go and check population of male to female in the world, nonsense!

Read and research more , don't you know that there are more baby boys at birth in human?

IconicR
More baby boys at birth? I don't believe this
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by KnownUnknown: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
And u think one man is not boring to a woman?

Women don suffer!! They are not people but property to be acquired. Lol
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by talented321: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
No be small'
KnownUnknown:

Women don suffer!! They are not people but property to be acquired. Lol
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
IconicR:
More baby boys at birth? I don't believe this

It's because you are ignorant of the fact, my research in Unilag was sex ratio and multiple births in human.

There are more boys because y (male) chromosomes sperm can run faster than the x
(female) chromosomess sperm in fertilization..

Begin your findings tomorrow, by visiting hospitals ,, either private or public and check birth records, looking for sex ratio (male : female) sex ratio, you will be more enlightened.

It's a human thing,, not only in Nigeria.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
Yinkusgold:

It's because you are ignorant of the fact, my research in Unilag was sex ratio and multiple births in human.

There are more boys because y (male) chromosomes sperm can run faster than the x
(female) chromosomess sperm in fertilization..

Begin your findings tomorrow, by visiting hospitals ,, either private or public and check birth records, looking for sex ratio (male : female) sex ratio, you will be more enlightened.

It's a human thing,, not only in Nigeria.
Why then is the population of females far more than the males

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures / Why Imagining Humanity Without Women Is Unimaginable / Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.