Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? (12182 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Men! We Really Need To Rethink Our Life And Our Trusts! / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by izonborn098(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jovialjune1:

You nor get head.
you no get neck'' mumu bitch
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by kazyhm(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2023
Yinkusgold:

You are ignorant Ignoramus with stupid and misleading statistics, go and check population of male to female in the world, nonsense!

Read and research more , don't you know that there are more baby boys at birth in human?

IconicR

Are you juxtaposing male/female birth ratio with male/female ratio in population ?

Even though you birth ratio figure is not correct, birth ratio does not translate to population ratio

Who bought you this phone!

I don't even understand the aggressiveness with which women peddles false narratives and half baked truth
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
kazyhm:

Female are more that male in population...
Population of Female of marriageable age is more than the population of male of marriageable age ( famale mature faster)
Population of Rich male is more than the population of rich female

If I can help you with the factor of the statistics especially as it relate to probable relationship between male and female

You are an ignorant and and misleading,

There are more boys born at birth in human population and biology, the only area there are more females is in elderly range upward but that range is more or less insignificant because the population is more from say 16 to 55 years old , productive ages.

there are more males in the world, ignorants and religious "dogmacentric"ones should know that..

Jovialjune1

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
IconicR:
Why then is the population of females far more than the males

Is that in your household or you are just speaking out of ignorance , go to hospitals and go and read more, you this religious dogmatic ones don't like to study.

There are more males in the world, because human beings produce more boys naturally.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by codesport(m): 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
What are hurrying for in having kids when one woman can deliver after every 2 yrs or 3
you are not married yet, wait until then and learn. What you should be asking is why are many more married men embracing adultery?.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by kazyhm(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
Yinkusgold:

There are more boys born at birth in human population and biology, the only area there are more females is in elderly range upward but that range is more or less insignificant because the population is more from say 16 to 55 years old , productive ages.

there are more males in the world, ignorants and religious "dogmacentric"ones should know that..

Continue with your oluwole data

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
kazyhm:

Female are more that male in population...
Population of Female of marriageable age is more than the population of male of marriageable age ( famale mature faster)
Population of Rich male is more than the population of rich female

If I can help you with the factor of the statistics especially as it relate to probable relationship between male and female

Next time you want to quote me, make sure you come with facts instead of ignorance

Men are more than women in the world

Men are more than women in Nigeria

Now if Men are more than women, marriageable age of men will be more than that of women, this is basic common sense,

Note that marriageable age is different from wanting to get married because statistics says that men are more willing to marry and stay in marriage than women, that's why men do 99.9999% of the proposing than women(again, common sense) while women mostly initiates divorce and opt out of marriages, an example of this thorough research is China because they are the 2nd highest population with the highest ratio of men to women ( I intentionally did a little research this night on this facts to negate your baseless comment) so digest this basic fact and rest.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Yinkusgold:

Jovialjune1

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
izonborn098:
you no get neck'' mumu bitch

Is your mother.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2023
kazyhm:

Are you juxtaposing male/female birth ratio with male/female ratio in population ?

Even though you birth ratio figure is not correct, birth ratio does not translate to population ratio

I don't even understand the aggressiveness with which women peddles false narratives and half baked truth

You are the peddler of false narratives and half baked truth with your oluwole figment of imagination data. Try not to sound like an educated illiterate and research on your own.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
kazyhm:

You are the most idiotic person, what is definition of population of an area !? The total number of people within a given area.

From age 0 till infinity,. i.e number of people of all ages.

So get that to your ignorant head , population involves all ages.

What you should say is adult population which is tertiary sex ratio, okay?

You be mumu , if you don't know already that there are more baby boys at birth , human sex ratio favours male children naturally, go and and read and visit your hospitals and get your birth data.

All these ignoramus religious bastards! arguing out of ignorance.

Males die more than females but they are born more than females, it's a natural way of balancing population, but over all, there are more males in the world, including those of marriage ages, so go and tell your ignorant alfas for them to know this.

In Saudi Arabia, Iran , United Arab Emirates e.t.c polygamy is very insignificant and males are more than females.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by izonborn098(m): 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
Your mother''
Jovialjune1:

Is your mother.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
kazyhm:

Continue with your oluwole data

Dindinrin, mumu , you are talking with an academic not all your ignorant alfas that need to get more light, if your head is correct and you are not using palasa phone with free nairaland browsing, can't you begin your research with reading online before you visit hospitals and ask questions from those who have sense.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Omowise1: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
If not polygamy how do we keep male testosterone on check? We only use it for war and love. A woman in menopause cannot satisfy a man. Wetin man go do?
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Yinkusgold: 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Jovialjune1:

Next time you want to quote me, make sure you come with facts instead of ignorance

Men are more than women in the world

Men are more than women in Nigeria

Now if Men are more than women, marriageable age of men will be more than that of women, this is basic common sense,

Note that marriageable age is different from wanting to get married because statistics says that men are more willing to marry and stay in marriage than women, that's why men do 99.9999% of the proposing than women(again, common sense) while women mostly initiates divorce and opt out of marriages, an example of this thorough research is China because they are the 2nd highest population with the highest ratio of men to women ( I intentionally did a little research this night on this facts to negate your baseless comment) so digest this basic fact and rest.

Sister , truly, you are educated, by your asking questions and probing, unlike those who are ignorant and don't want to do findings.

In countries with high birth rate , it's even more male bias because of sex ratio at birth that is in favour of male, it's even worse in countries with maternal mortality.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by phemmyfour: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
talented321:
Normally i like the idea of polygamy but on second thought, what are the reason for engaging in polygamy? because
1. The target is to born 2 to 6 children'' and i think one woman can born such amount of children except life circumstances.
* And i think one understanding woman is better than two troublesome wives''
* And i don't think sex is am enough reason to take another wife, except your present woman is giving a tough time for D sex
Pls experience elders in the house what are the benefits of polygamy when somebody has an understanding woman.
Pls is for men''
It's sex. Men get bored having sex with same woman over time
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by talented321: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2023
Oga the same thing applicable to women' say u get?
phemmyfour:
It's sex. Men get bored having sex with same woman over time
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by talented321: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Okay if u said so, and u don't know if i'm married?
codesport:
you are not married yet, wait until then and learn. What you should be asking is why are many more married men embracing adultery?.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Tayorshd87: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
You have opened my sense of reasoning tonight good job

Puss360:
Psychologically, Humans are the most difficult species to understand...
Benefits of Polygamy heavily lies on the mentality of the Man... Not the woman...
There are many reasons men go into polygamy... Some are for sex, some are for children, some are for love generally....
But the most absurd is those who marry "to help some women avoid being a spinster"....

Years back when the earth isn't so populated and technologically advanced,we can encourage polygamy to have more children to increase agricultural production...
But now, this 21st century, Polygamy is an "Economic weigh down" on any country that allows polygamy...
We might not agree, but top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP, doesn't support polygamy, infact most sef are LGBTQ friendly so as to reduce population and increase production and wealth to share among available citizens ...

Don't quote me blindly, do your research and think....

In addition; it's easier for a single man to have 6 kids and train to maximum 18yrs, but it's a heavy burden to the government to provide social amenities to all those kids...
6 kids from one man, uses government road, government electricity, government hospital, occupy government school...
All of dem from one man... Lol...
Now imagine 50 men having 6 kids each... And only like 35 of the men are working...
Isn't it a heavy burden
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by nextstep(m): 12:09am On Aug 17, 2023
talented321:
Pls experience elders in the house what are the benefits of polygamy when somebody has an understanding woman.
Pls is for men''

So... if two meat dey inside your soup, you will only chop one abi? grin

But seriously, some important cases from olden days:
- there was a time when the more kids, the more hands you had to help on farm
- infant and toddler mortality was high, so you needed to born more
- war/illness would make widows, and the late man's brother could become her husband (he might already have a wife)
- sometimes first wife could not have children, and would bring another woman to bear on her behalf

I don't think these are strong reasons still, so it leaves konji as the major reason for polygamy nowadays sha. Personally, I prefer all my wahala from one woman... both my grandfathers were polygamous, and I see the major cracks in the families as a result till this day. Grown people in their fifties still fighting like they were 8 years old.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by donbenie(m): 12:25am On Aug 17, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Is this a reasonable answer?

That depends on who is reading..

Reasonable is subjective..

If you have spent your whole life being brainwashed by some religious cult..

Your mileage of what is reasonable will differ..
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Pharaohny: 1:09am On Aug 17, 2023
Poor men and Knacking tueh!!!!
How many develop countries practice your useless polygamy .
Wunna go dey alright las las
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Pharaohny: 1:11am On Aug 17, 2023
Psychologically it's useless but the GBoladiots Addict will disagree
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Pharaohny: 1:12am On Aug 17, 2023
Psychologically it's useless but the GBoladiots Addict will disagree with this
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by onumadu: 3:14am On Aug 17, 2023
For me the reason is very simple: Monogamy is ruled by lies, deceit and hypocrisy.

Proof?

In the link below, a Bishop just fkced someone's wife to death and ran away.
https://www.nairaland.com/7805811/married-woman-dies-during-sex
I can bet my last kobo that he is monogamously married.
If he were in a polygamous marriage, he would not have time to look at another man's wife.

The problem of clandestine sex by so called monogamous people destroys societies.
It has to stop.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by 1Sharon(f): 3:26am On Aug 17, 2023
izonborn098:
Nigeria women even deserve marriage'' just give them belle and take your kid.

Take your kid to who? Your family members shey?
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by 1Sharon(f): 3:35am On Aug 17, 2023
casualobserver:

The benefit in polygamy is for women who would otherwise be single and their children that would have been bastards or raised in single mother homes. Our brainwashed women would rather be baby mamas and side chicks praying for the monogamous husband that will never come.

We men will continue to help misguided womenfolk to promote monogamy so we can have all the benefits of polygamy without the commitment.

Lol and when a woman marries a polygamous man, she becomes a married-single mother, so is there really a difference? Because the man will surely love one more than the other and neglect others.

And how the man feels about the woman will also be transmitted to their kids and they will also will be neglected.

The true reason African men want more than one wife is not because they thinks it's right it's their lust and greed

They've heard the horror stories from kids in polygamous homes but still don't care and want to put head. They all love to think their case will be different, because they think they're special.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by 1Sharon(f): 3:37am On Aug 17, 2023
HAH:
Is a solution to nagging wife, as competition brings out best in anything, more so man is naturally polygamous.

Man in general or african men? Because I've never heard a white man promoting polygamy.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by YoshihideSuga: 4:04am On Aug 17, 2023
casualobserver:

Man’s selfishness is being married and having side chicks knowing if your side chick is a decent woman she won’t want a child out of wedlock for a married man. All the benefits of polygamy without the responsibilities.

It’s the women and the children they may bear that lose out in the long run.

Monogamy is the reason there are so many single mature ladies 95% of whom will either never get a man to marry them, have children of their own or both.

Polygamy is actually bad for men because they have to take full responsibility for what they are doing while officially monogamous.

Men are polygamous by nature. Monogamy just means we continue to act polygamous and avoid responsibility.

Having read the comments so far, I agree with this comment and your previous one. There are more men than women nationwide and globally. However, there are few "marriageable men". Even fewer than "marriageable women". Polygamy affords women to have have children raised in a two parent household with a man who is financially capable. For single mothers and older women, the same applies.

The demonisation of polygamy has resulted in many advanced aged single women of whom young men won't marry. And like you said, it actually benefits women more as most men don't like committing. Polygamy forces him to commit and be responsible for the household.

Our forebearers were right in some aspects of life.

P.S. Polygamists should not opt for younger women (<32) and should only be for men with the financial resources.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:07am On Aug 17, 2023
donbenie:
That depends on who is reading..

Reasonable is subjective..

If you have spent your whole life being brainwashed by some religious cult..

Your mileage of what is reasonable will differ..

Lol grin I get your point.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by doctorbabs(m): 8:07am On Aug 17, 2023
BECAUSE FATHER OF FAITH ABRAHAM WAS POLYGAMOUS... GOT MARRIED TO THREE WOMEN.
Re: What Do We Really Need Polygamy For? by emmyN(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2023
Puss360:

We might not agree, but top 20 richest countries in terms of GDP PPP, doesn't support polygamy, infact most sef are LGBTQ friendly so as to reduce population and increase production and wealth to share among available citizens ...

But now, instead of polygamist we have serial divorcees and the baby mama plague in those countries. How is that any different? How is it better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures / Why Imagining Humanity Without Women Is Unimaginable / Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.