Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' (79681 Views)

Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) / Should I Be Thinking Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
tosinhtml:

This part is not accurate, babes need complete evidence of prosperity before they qualify you as adequate. Only women are judged just by looking soft without any actual verifiable evidence. There are a lot of Lekki babes that I know looking soft & they don't have any verifiable thing they do for a living. You can still be a fresh guy as a man, but if you don't have money in your pocket. No be freshness dem go chop.

You should ask Ike of big brother, he looks fresh, American accent & finesse but babes no send am, because they now know he doesn't have shishi.

Alright Sir.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by tosinhtml: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
I am happily married. I live in what Nigerians classify as a mansion. I own cars, I am an employer of labor with so many well paid staffs (full time, part time and remote).

I own a couple of properties and investments.
I have 2 lovely kids.
By God's grace, I am doing excellently well as a young man below 40yrs.

My Rich oga, we go enjoy your money for this forum sha. Invite us to come & eat Nwobi in Quilox cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by tosinhtml: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

Alright Sir.

LOOOOOOL cheesy
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

No they don't. There is absolutely nothing fashionable about a mattress on the floor. It degrades the overall look of a room. If there is no money or for health/safety reasons, understandable. Mattress on the floor is tacky AF.
Poco take it from me, I was once a single guy who cherished keeping his mattress on the floor and I had friends who bragged about how many inch mattress they had and how it beat bed and makes room very fashionable. A lot of single guys see it this way while majority do it to save cost of buying bed frame.

But to be sincere with you, I just learned some new thing from this thread and our various discussions; that majority of single ladies hate it when their man keeps his mattress on the floor without a bed frame, I hope single guys reading are learning from this.

But my only concern is that many single ladies will miss their best man through flimsy hasty judgments like this. Yes I understand that we all have our choices and things we fancy, but when its time to make life changing decisions like choosing a life partner we must think beyond frivolities and focus on vital things that matter. Men overlook a lot of things when picking a wife, at least most men do. I did.

Like me, I hated ladies that do certain jobs or into certain profession to the extent that once you tell me thats what you do after first meeting, I will never take you serious again and will most likely avoid keeping contact with you, but my wife happened to be in a profession I despised from my adulthood, and I had to overlook it cos she had other great qualities I cherished.

Again, I loved ladies with big buttocks, but I can tell you, the first day I met my wife, due to the way she dressed, she looked just straight and the stuff almost discouraged me but I had to focus on some other wonderful qualities I saw in her until later I then discovered that what I wanted was actually there in abundance lol but was hidden under Mary amaka outfit lol.

And this was another issue I had with her; she loved dressing too serious, too formal and to casual, I ignored that flaw knowing its what I can work on.

So in picking our life partners, we must look beyond frivolities and even look out for flaws in our partner that we can work on which should be one of the things they will cherish us for, so expecting a perfect man or woman is a big mistake most single people do. I observed this in this "Blind Dates" video episodes I do watch on Facebook Reels of recent. When you hear the qualities that make some guys and ladies say no to a potential partner, you will just be shaking your head in disbelief.

So like I said earlier, a single guy keeping his mattress on the floor is not a big deal, if as a lady you meet a great guy and he keeps his mattress on the floor which you don't fancy, what you should do is to mark that as one the things you would adjust in his life. If he has the money and still decides to keep his mattress on the floor, then tell him you don't fancy it that he should get a bed frame. If he doesn't have the money and he passed in other qualities you desire your man to have, then borrow him money to get a bed frame or buy it for him as a birthday gift or something.

You must make impact in the life of the man or woman you are dating and planning to settle down with if you are a worthy partner, so expecting a man to have everything in place before you say yes to him will only keep the woman waiting for too long. We all must learn to be realistic with life situations when making important life decisions like choosing a life partner. Peace wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
tosinhtml:

My Rich oga, we go enjoy your money for this forum sha. Invite us to come & eat Nwobi in Quilox cheesy
My brother I never enter rich sha, but by God's grace we are doing alright and praying to join the rich list soon grin

As for Nkwobi, no wahala bro cool
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Banhammy717: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Some men couldn't afford to rent a house, and they got married happily, in their parent's house.
Sooner things improved, now he's a landlord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Mountbatten: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
It's quite funny how people who slate this place still live with their parents, who's house isn't anything to write home about either.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Advertisershubs(f): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Girls are naturally meant to squat before now.. men are the ones who should stand on their feet.

What A Disgrace To Womanhood.

I forbid this mentality for my daughters.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Advertisershubs(f): 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Poco take it from me, I was once a single guy who cherished keeping his mattress on the floor and I had friends who bragged about how many inch mattress they had and how it beat bed and makes room very fashionable. A lot of single guys see it this way while majority do it to save cost of buying bed frame.

But to be sincere with you, I just learned some new thing from this thread and our various discussions; that majority of single ladies hate it when their man keeps his mattress on the floor without a bed frame, I hope single guys reading are learning from this.

But my only concern is that many single ladies will miss their best man through flimsy hasty judgments like this. Yes I understand that we all have our choices and things we fancy, but when its time to make life changing decisions like choosing a life partner we must think beyond frivolities and focus on vital things that matter. Men overlook a lot of things when picking a wife, at least most men do. I did.

Like me, I hated ladies that do certain jobs or into certain profession to the extent that once you tell me thats what you do after first meeting, I will never take you serious again and will most likely avoid keeping contact with you, but my wife happened to be in a profession I despised from my adulthood, and I had to overlook it cos she had other great qualities I cherished.

Again, I loved ladies with big buttocks, but I can tell you, the first day I met my wife, due to the way she dressed, she looked just straight and the stuff almost discouraged me but I had to focus on some other wonderful qualities I saw in her until later I then discovered that what I wanted was actually there in abundance lol but was hidden under Mary amaka outfit lol.

And this was another issue I had with her; she loved dressing too serious, too formal and to casual, I ignored that flaw knowing its what I can work on.

So in picking our life partners, we must look beyond frivolities and even look out for flaws in our partner that we can work on which should be one of the things they will cherish us for, so expecting a perfect man or woman is a big mistake most single people do. I observed this in this "Blind Dates" video episodes I do watch on Facebook Reels of recent. When you hear the qualities that make some guys and ladies say no to a potential partner, you will just be shaking your head in disbelief.

So like I said earlier, a single guy keeping his mattress on the floor is not a big deal, if as a lady you meet a great guy and he keeps his mattress on the floor which you don't fancy, what you should do is to mark that as one the things you would adjust in his life. If he has the money and still decides to keep his mattress on the floor, then tell him you don't fancy it that he should get a bed frame. If he doesn't have the money and he passed in other qualities you desire your man to have, then borrow him money to get a bed frame or buy it for him as a birthday gift or something.

You must make impact in the life of the man or woman you are dating and planning to settle down with if you are a worthy partner, so expecting a man to have everything in place before you say yes to him will only keep the woman waiting for too long. We all must learn to be realistic with life situations when making important life decisions like choosing a life partner. Peace wink

Liked, Shared and Followed.

You have written well.

Meanwhile, pocohantas is just writing and concerned about Frivolities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Jewessgratitud3: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Advertisershubs:

What A Disgrace To Womanhood.

I forbid this mentality for my daughters.

You are the biggest disgrace to yourself for displaying your dumbness publicly over a witty statement I used as a simple pun that you lack the intelligence to decode..

You vomited one rubbish slur earlier on in my post, I just ignored you because I noticed you' were trying to gain unecessary attention.

Get lost!
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Advertisershubs:

Liked, Shared and Followed.

You have written well.

Meanwhile, pocohantas is just writing and concerned about [b]Frivolities[/b]Thanks
Yes Poco is focusing on frivolous things, and funny enough that's what majority of ladies focus on when making choice of life partner, and reason many end up loosing great guys and end up with showbiz guys that are living fake, fantasy life that their spouse do discover after marriage and kasala start grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by yom2(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
BigYash:
That is why a lady should not have a say in a man's life.. Because they can't even stand for themselves (Broke ass) ,then you see her calling a hustling guy broke ..

If they minus all the help and gifts most of these girls got from the men they call scum,you will see that they are worth nothing..
well the men too whole heartedly choose to be fools and scum. Me I no fit stress myself for any undeserving girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Brandiebird: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
1Sharon:

Thank you!!

If I said it, they'll jump on me and call me a materialistic snob.

Imagine having a bed frame and choosing to sleep on the floor? Weird.

Some people don't know better so can't do better.

There are some weird people on this thread. Stubborn and trying to prove a point that’s null and void. Poverty is something everyone is trying to escape and mad people here are talking about sleeping on mats inside their mansion πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
Brandiebird:

There are some weird people on this thread. Stubborn and trying to prove a point that’s null and void. Poverty is something everyone is trying to escape and mad people here are talking about sleeping on mats inside their mansion πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They are always capping to form humble.
Bed frame is frivolity and wife materials love men without bed frames. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by tosinhtml: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Yes Poco is focusing on frivolous things, and funny enough that's what majority of ladies focus on when making choice of life partner, and reason many end up loosing great guys and end up with showbiz guys that are living fake, fantasy life that their spouse do discover after marriage and kasala start grin

LOOL, specifically speaking on bed. Having a bed on the floor doesn't make your room look standard & nice. It affects the look of your room negatively. I agree that it is your own personal preference but it is objectively true that beds on the floor is not the way to go.

Think about this, none of the great Hotels, Airbnb apartments have their beds on the floor. If they did, you will never have paid for any one of them.

Your preference is fine, but it is not a common preference.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
tosinhtml:

LOOL, specifically speaking on bed. Having a bed on the floor doesn't make your room look standard & nice. It affects the look of your room negatively. I agree that it is your own personal preference but it is objectively true that beds on the floor is not the way to go.

Think about this, none of the great Hotels, Airbnb apartments have their beds on the floor. If they did, you will never have paid for any one of them.

Your preference is fine, but it is not a common preference.

He is a single man and not a perfect man. He needs a life partner to help him in areas he is not complete or lacking.

If that bed side bothers you a lot as a single lady, if you meet a man that ticks other boxes but fails in this bed issue, you ought to ignore that and maybe jot it down as something to change when you guys join together as spouse. But turning a guy down simply because he keeps his mattress on the floor is to me an outright foolishness.

Dressing style
Room decor
And other frivolous things shouldn't be enough reason to reject a potential great partner.

Like me, I use to love argument a lot, but I can boldly say that my wife has helped me to improve in this area, so now I don't argue with anybody, whether you are correct or wrong, I accept your own opinion and move on lol, instead I channel that energy into writing things or reading stuffs and engaging in political arguments online cheesy
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Brandiebird:

no be juju be that shocked cheesy

I understand how you guys see it, my wife once yabbed me that if a visitor mistakenly stumbles on me sleeping on a mat inside my own room with a bed, that they will conclude that I am a ritualist oh lol, it sounds weird but I honestly love sleeping on the mat grin
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2023
1Sharon:

Thank you!!

If I said it, they'll jump on me and call me a materialistic snob.

Imagine having a bed frame and choosing to sleep on the floor? Weird.

Some people don't know better so can't do better.
lol I know it could be a flaw but sincerely I enjoy it.

I also have a big aboki mat in my personal office where I get some nap whenever I feel sleepy or tired while in the office, I know I have some weird lifestyle sha, God go help me and thank God my wifey understands me wella and have come to cherish some of my weird lifestyles lol

But biko don't reject any guy cos of a flimsy excuse that he doesn't have ordinary bed frame lol
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by gregng(m): 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
Thats lady have poor insight.. Check well, she came from poor family. Those furniture cost millioms in that apartment..

As a man, little to stesp when ur mind is ready. Get marry and build the future with ur spouse before bringing kids into to the world..

Two is bette than 1...
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by kayperry: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
tosinhtml:

This part is not accurate, babes need complete evidence of prosperity before they qualify you as adequate. [b]Only women are judged just by looking soft without any actual verifiable evidence. There are a lot of Lekki babes that I know looking soft & they don't have any verifiable thing they do for a living. [/b]You can still be a fresh guy as a man, but if you don't have money in your pocket. No be freshness dem go chop.

You should ask Ike of big brother, he looks fresh, American accent & finesse but babes no send am, because they now know he doesn't have shishi.

You dey mind her, she thinks everyone here are sunday school children.

i like the part you pointed out to her, pocohantas undecided always feel she knows but weytin she no know pass weytin she know .... 100%
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
kayperry:

You dey mind her, she thinks everyone here are sunday school children.

i like the part you pointed out to her, pocohantas undecided always feel she knows but weytin she no know pass weytin she know .... 100%

Mugu. One day you go quote my brother to follow you beef Poco grin grin
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by BALLOSKI: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Is that mattress on the floor? Because any man whose mattress is still on the floor is not ready for marriage.
undecided
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by 1Sharon(f): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
lol I know it could be a flaw but sincerely I enjoy it.

I also have a big aboki mat in my personal office where I get some nap whenever I feel sleepy or tired while in the office, I know I have some weird lifestyle sha, God go help me and thank God my wifey understands me wella and have come to cherish some of my weird lifestyles lol

But biko don't reject any guy cos of a flimsy excuse that he doesn't have ordinary bed frame lol

You don't get to call it a flimsy excuse because you're in the boat.

As I said before, it is indeed weird to sleep on the floor if you claim to live in a mansion or can afford luxuries.

I don't want a man that doesn't know how prioritise basic necessities.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by kayperry: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

Mugu. One day you go quote my brother to follow you beef Poco grin grin

i hereby call on nairaland mod, rule two

All eye on the mods
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Menclothing: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
What are u bringing to the table
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by 1Sharon(f): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
Brandiebird:

Because they're likely lying and it's all just bravado.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Rikze: 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Brandiebird:

You’re the weirdo sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Some weird people on this thread romanticising poverty as if it’s noble. If a grown man and woman sleep on a mattress on the floor then they are poor and hopefully they will make more money. If they can afford a bed but prefer to sleep on a mattress on the floor then they have issues.

You are entitled to your opinion, however that doesn't make your view correct.

Where is it written that a married man must have his mattress on a bed frame? Or that it's only single men that can have theirs on the floor?

Abeg shift. Allow people do what they are cool with. Having ones mattress in a bed frame doesn't define wealth or poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Brandiebird: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
Rikze:

Where is written that a married man must have his mattress on a bed frame? Or that it's only single men that can have theirs on the floor?

Abeg shift. Allow people do what they are cool with. Having ones mattress in a bed frame doesn't define wealth or poverty.

And you should allow sane people to want normal stuff like a room big enough for 2 people and a damn bed to sleep on. Be weird but don’t try and demonise people who want normal things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Brandiebird: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:

They are always capping to form humble.
Bed frame is frivolity and wife materials love men without bed frames. grin grin grin

🀣🀣🀣
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
1Sharon:

You don't get to call it a flimsy excuse because you're in the boat.

As I said before, it is indeed weird to sleep on the floor if you claim to live in a mansion or can afford luxuries.

I don't want a man that doesn't know how prioritise basic necessities.
I see.

And I don't claim to live a certain life, I am well visible here and known here, I am living a great life and my love for sleeping on mat is a choice, like an addiction from time of hardship which I stated in my previous comments here.

I know many people believe only paupers and struggling men visit Nairaland regularly lol, they could be right but I was a Nairaland regular member and addict while broke and struggling, so as things changed for good for me to the glory of God, it hasn't beeen easy leaving Nairaland because it's now like my home, and my main channel of interacting with everyday people that I am no longer able to interact with due to so many factors. I am also here mostly for political discussions, banters and for real information from people of various class.

Most of you on this forum patronize some of my brands, na God do am, so I am not famzing cos I am already happily married and no longer in the dating market, and if I need umu beekee to while away some time, we know where and how to get them, not here for that, so I have no reason to claim or brag like u mentioned in your comment.

If my sleeping on mat sounds weird to you, how about the fact that I hate flying on airplane? I prefer traveling on road than via flight, reason I hardly travel like before since Buhari brought mad insecurity on our roads, and one of the reasons I hate APC. To many Nigerians, traveling by air is luxury, but its always a nightmare for me, one thing I envy about Peter Obi. There are many more weird things about me, and I am glad my wifey have come to accept and cherish them such that she uses some to brag lol
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Rikze:

Where is written that a married man must have his mattress on a bed frame? Or that it's only single men that can have theirs on the floor?

My brother I wonder oh.

My late in-law (elder sis hubby), who was almost a billionaire doesn't sleep on bed frame, his mattress is as high and big as a king size bed and that didn't make him poor.

When I was single and struggling, I had a friend who worked with Chevron then, though on contract but he was earning huge salary back then. Funny enough he lived in a 2bedroom flat and his rooms had all their mattresses on the floor then and this guy was earning around NGN1,200,000 then, around 2012.

I am still finding it so difficult to understand how people see the issue of a single guy keeping his mattress on the floor as a very bad thing that signifies poverty lol

How many single guys in Nigeria have their mattress on a bed frame to start with?

I can understand married man keeping his mattress on the floor as not cool due to women and their fantasy life, but I see nothing bad if a man decides to keep his mattress on the floor by choice

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Advertisershubs(f): 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:

It's such a pity actually.

Well, it's all their businesses. However - Wise Women like Us will Never Fail To Fault What is Wrong Especially When it comes from my kind of specie.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / 5 Health Benefits Of Sucking Your Woman's Breast / Police Rescue Anambra Woman Accused Of Killing Husband With Too Much Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.