Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' (79538 Views)

Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) / Should I Be Thinking Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by StrongAlphMale: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Girls are naturally meant to squat before now.. men are the ones who should stand on their feet.

This is the most stupidest and dumbest thing I have ever read and seen on nairaland.

Are you trying to justify girl's brokeness and poverty stricken life or what exactly? What happens if you make money, rent your apartment and furnished it to your taste? Like are you normal? So a woman shouldn't stand on her feet?

When we say Nigeria girls are parasite and liabilities they'll think we're joking!

So your job is to squat and relax, while the man goes out there to make money, get a good apartment and then comes and marry you? Something must be really wrong with you. This is exactly why they Keep bashing you Nigerian girls because Una no get sense. It's not like you're a virgin to start with. No go hustle! Relax and be waiting for a man to stand on his feet to come and marry u! Feminist in the mud.

You must be a 🀑

3 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
I am happily married. I live in what Nigerians classify as a mansion. I own cars, I am an employer of labor with so many well paid staffs (full time, part time and remote).

I own a couple of properties and investments.

I have 2 lovely kids.

By God's grace, I am doing excellently well as a young man below 40yrs.

But guess what?

I sleep on the mat cheesy

My room have a bed but I prefer to sleep on the mat cos during my growing up and suffering years, I used to sleep on the mat and sometimes with wrapper spread on the floor, so I grew to love sleeping on mat than on bed.

I cannot sleep well if I sleep on a bed, reason if I travel and lodge in a hotel, I find it difficult to sleep cos no mat, so I usually spend most of such times browsing, watching comedy skits on facebook reels and reading threads on Nairaland, Twitter, quora, etc.

My point, be careful how you judge or rate people. If you see me on a normal day outside my domain, you might take me for your regular dude and may snub me if I try to woo you, but you may never know that you missed a mini Elon Musk that could turn your life around, reason being that I no longer see reason to dress expensive. But when you see me in my whip, that's when you will know that oh na better pikin be this lol.

So dear, not all men love putting their mattress on bed, I have met so many guys like me who have money but prefer to keep their mattress on the floor.
Laslas you'll reach everybody, we must chop your money πŸ˜‚
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by kokomilala(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hollow Women And Materialist Ideology

Our women here- not all- but most of them have been hardwired to put material consideration before everything- including marriage.

The house doesn't make a man. Neither does his present material status determine who he is or what he will become. After all, there is more to life than these fleeting vanities.

The girl that posts this with such emphatic assertion only perpetuates the growing concern that our society is filled with hollow women, who get easily swayed by material instincts.

* One of my friends once told me he had only a mattress, no fan and electronics when he married his wife in 2006. Today, they have 5 kids, all those things they didn't have in the past, and a house, built by my friend.

The yahoo subculture has reduced these hollow women to material playthings, used for sport and as ingredients for rituals, because they eagerly provide themselves as baits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by PusssyLord: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Is that mattress on the floor? Because any man whose mattress is still on the floor is not ready for marriage.

Please upload your father's front door make we see... don't bother with the inside, we don't want to be traumatized
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Konjiboii: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Same girls when dey squat with 6 in a room, all of una dey mad nii sha.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by sonofthunder: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
True!!!!!! shocked shocked lol.. the room looks decent sha.

The guy must be a very clean guy but na money hol am.

I love the setting. Very decent for starters.

Some girls will die hia! LoL.. una never Hala! πŸ˜‚

What's your estimate of the items and furnishings in the room?
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Hoorlar(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Girls are naturally meant to squat before now.. men are the ones who should stand on their feet.

Any man who can cater for his needs is fit for marriage but it's obvious you can't relate because you are a squatter. Sis abeg wetin do your feet wey you no fit stand on your own cos I don't see where it is written in the constitution that women can't own an apartment before marriage. Grow up!!!

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by bonnyhope: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Is that mattress on the floor? Because any man whose mattress is still on the floor is not ready for marriage.
Ladies who got impregnated and did abortion many times in universities/polytechnic were fucccked on the floor

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Basicend: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Deebami:
Do not despise the days of little beginning,. Many successful couples started with this type of beginning yesteryears, and they're having good lives today ( I can relate). That a guy is stinkingly rich today does not guarantee that he will die a rich man tomorrow, and for the fact that a man is struggling to make ends meet today does not mean that he will die a pauper. Many ladies had missed their God sent partners because of matters like this.

You have said it all.

You have said the truth.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by kayperry: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
pocohantas:
That is a 5star self-contain. So, I want to believe this is a joke. Many girls would do TikTok videos in that aparyment. This has to be a joke. cheesy

seems tik tok gurlz are the lastest envy, because most aunties that date married men can't post freely without the fear legal wife might turn up with acid cheesy
Maybe next life such aunties might enjoy such irrelevant privilege, boya ko nii nice day undecided
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Edusouls(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2023
GorillaApp:

See who is thinking I'm pained grin

Bae, I don pass this stage Tay Tay! I just dey marvel at Una thinking capacity. It is on the floor. grin

U wan reason me? grin

I no get time for Una nonsense. Tony elumelu children dey come marry una cheesy Just wait

Poor things claiming posh
brother calm down, na the kind mentally challenged girls bred in Nigeria, u don see the reason why some men get miserable and depressed once they deal with them?

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by concreteaffairs: 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mumu girl. Half of married men in lagos are not that comfortable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by BreconHills(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
carl90:
Do not despise the days of small beginnings.
This is a neat apartment and a bro can get married in a place like this.
When he gets more blessings,he can always get a bigger place or even build his own house.
life a na gaga

Fully agree. That post reveals more about the entitlement mentality of the commentator that it does about the man. That room is the room of a guy who will optimize opportunity.

"Despise not the day of small beginnings" πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Edusouls(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
kokomilala:
Hollow Women And Materialist Ideology

Our women here- not all- but most of them have been hardwired to put material consideration before everything- including marriage.

The house doesn't make a man. Neither does his present material status determine who he is or what he will become. After all, there is more to life than these fleeting vanities.

The girl that posts this with such emphatic assertion only perpetuates the growing concern that our society is filled with hollow women, who get easily swayed by material instincts.

* One of my friends once told me he had only a mattress, no fan and electronics when he married his wife in 2006. Today, they have 5 kids, all those things they didn't have in the past, and a house, built by my friend.

The yahoo subculture has reduced these hollow women to material playthings, used for sport and as ingredients for rituals, because they eagerly provide themselves as baits.
bro it’s so unfortunate, u have said it all
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Basicend: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
DyingFetus:

You never wan marry be that

Woman wan marry no day check am

I'd like to emulate Japanese minimalism so furniture and anything that'll make my room seem more bogus is a no for me

My bed is on the ground and I don't have any furniture but the money I keep monthly is enough to rent an apartment at VI no cap

I agree with you. Must of these ladies will be disturbing pastors up and down later. Shallow brains.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by pocohantas(f): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:

I was going to post something about the internet and how it gives people false expectations but I stopped.

They know what is obtainable, they just want to whine themselves. Same girls that can't do video calls when they are in their houses? Toor!
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Basicend: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
concreteaffairs:
Mumu girl. Half of married men in lagos are not that comfortable.

Another truth.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Globallords(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
You'd later meet a ritualist who will have every material things you get carried away with.

You'd later be used for his dealings 😒
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by stallionng: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ask that girl spewing this trash to show us her own apartment or father's house.
Some of them live in slums and won't allow you to follow them to their resident.they will always ask to be dropped off far from their residence and they won't even have such neat and cool apartments
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by bssmobile: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
This is decent enough for a man who is not marrying a gold digger wife material. My apartment was not even this decent when I married 12 years ago. If a girl turn you down because you live in such apartment but has nothing to offer to make it better, please show her the door and go for a thanksgiving afterwards.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Allisgud: 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
That place is neat more than some 2 bedroom apartments,the guy should just use cotton to demacate the bed from the chair grin room and parlour is ready
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Bobbiee: 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Slavery should have never ended. And neither should colonialism. Britain was colonized for more than 400 years before they finally got sense. I think the black man's emancipation was premature. This country and virtually all black owned countries are just nothing but a zoo filled with raving monkeys. Hardly will you find any civilized creature there.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by aremubabs: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
Leggodeals:
Men like crying that women can't look past material things but even men can't look past the artificials in women.

We, ugly women have been quiet and watching on the side for so long. We have a voice too but make we observe finish first. Our pretty friends get picked first all the time. They take the best of men and leave us with scraps. Or should I say men give them their all and fall back on us.

The day the ugly women association of Nigeria will reclaim our voice, no man in this country will have peace, the internet will scatter. Men must look at our potentials of being pretty and stop choosing pretty girls above us. angry

I know you are very beautiful.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2023
teedoxman89:
The little furniture in that one room apartment is more expensive that that of a two bedroom flat, if you know you know!!!!

Aswear lol
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by phemmyfour: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Even if the mattress is 6*6*6?

Some mattresses worth fit pay your dowry
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Quebec91(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
No mind them
shortgun:
Nigerian girls and materialism
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Quebec91(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
cheesy abioo
illicit:
Some girls don't even have apartments

They usually squat

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Samcent: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
My apartment was not near as furnished when I got married.

....make we just dey play....
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Why are you this pained? Abi someone who claims to have such luxury will not be pained like this na? Audio luxury.

By the way, why bring me into your wailing? Did I yab the guys apartment? No let me reason you o. You won't like me.
Lmao... See wetin de cause
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by merry101: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
True!!!!!! shocked shocked lol.. the room looks decent sha.

The guy must be a very clean guy but na money hol am.

I love the setting. Very decent for starters.

Some girls will die hia! LoL.. una never Hala! πŸ˜‚

Start with one and grow
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Basiljoe: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
illicit:
Some girls don't even have apartments

They usually squat
If you know, you know. grin

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by MetaFiles230709: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Why are you this pained? Abi someone who claims to have such luxury will not be pained like this na? Audio luxury.

By the way, why bring me into your wailing? Did I yab the guys apartment? No let me reason you o. You won't like me.

No behave like agbero ooo, na me be wan use luck marry you for the previous thread. Keep behaving like a lady as before unlike that skunk iconicR that she and sense are two balanced parallel lines.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.