Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' (79551 Views)

Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) / Should I Be Thinking Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Lampass(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
True!!!!!! shocked shocked lol.. the room looks decent sha.

The guy must be a very clean guy but na money hol am.

I love the setting. Very decent for starters.

Some girls will die hia! LoL.. una never Hala! 😂

This one na slaughter house, time table dey on top the fridge cause some girls weekend no dey finish, they overstay their welcome 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Deebami:
Do not despise the days of little beginning,. Many successful couples started with this type of beginning yesteryears, and they're having good lives today ( I can relate). That a guy is stinkingly rich today does not guarantee that he will die a rich man tomorrow, and for the fact that a man is struggling to make ends meet today does not mean that he will die a pauper. Many ladies had missed their God sent partners because of matters like this.

God bless you..

The lady I was introduced to marry reject me cos I stay in self on in kubwa and she lives in gwarinpa estate paying almost 500k seldcon..

Me de manage my 200k in kubwa and de run my old Uber and bolt.... It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Joeuwaifo: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
I think that idea or ideology is completely wrong.
I got married in that same kind of room and I was about 15yrs ago.
We stayed in several diff one room.
But today I own about 6 flats and presently still have my own property I'm Lagos where I live.
If I choice to relocate tomorrow with my family abroad I will still buy a house.

It's not about the condition but what are u about to do I'm the condition.

It's not untill u stay in a 2 bedroom flat that u can get married.

It's a mentality with most Nigeria men and women. It's wrong.

To me it's better u start small.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by aremubabs: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
fineboynl:
But this person need a flat. I can't even imagine putting chair in a single bedsitter. When the thought of chair come to mind that you should be thinking of flat.

It is good that he has bought everything now.

Some people live in flats without some of these items of furniture.

When my wife and I moved to two bedroom flat at the birth of our first child, the sitting room was bare for almost a year. The only thing we had were our reading chairs and tables (plastic) which we then put in the sitting room, a 32-inch Plasma TV (my own) and a bedside fridge (my wife's). It was not easy filling up the flat thereafter.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
Leggodeals:
Men like crying that women can't look past material things but even men can't look past the artificials in women.

We, ugly women have been quiet and watching on the side for so long. We have a voice too but make we observe finish first. Our pretty friends get picked first all the time. They take the best of men and leave us with scraps. Or should I say men give them their all and fall back on us.

The day the ugly women association of Nigeria will reclaim our voice, no man in this country will have peace, the internet will scatter. Men must look at our potentials of being pretty and stop choosing pretty girls above us. angry

U need serious Deliverance
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
keymatt:
Any girl that said this is a professional gold digger.

This room is very decent compared to other ones occupied by Urchiins.

Tinibu said he stay s in just 2bed room .

Maybe this one fine pass am
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by DatNaijaGuy: 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
When I married my wife four years ago, my apartment was not this tuuush. Few months after our wedding we moved to a better apartment and I am currently building my own apartment in a choice neighbourhood.
May God not allow us marry a lady with such mentality.
Men look out for that woman that will support your dreams and build with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by kayperry: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nnemuka:
Seems like 80% of nairaland guys live in a single room cos I don't understand the dragging ladies are getting on the thread.
No wonder majority of you are bitter grin grin
An angry man is a nairaland broke dude grin

And what is wrong, criminal or evil about living in a single room, we need to start re- sensitizing ourselves from all these social media influences and nonetities who feel they can mislead the people becos they have data

it might shock you the bitch that posted that nonsense, her father and mother did not have half of what is in that one room she posted before they marry.

You think a post like these one is to pressure or slam guyz buh gurlz are at the recieving end which ever way it goes
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Desusi: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
illicit:

Even at school

They squat

shocked
Until they get hooked up with a man.Ladies truly are like bird who flies to anywhere the wind listed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by chris51(f): 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nothing wrong with the apartment. Very nice and decent
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Jewessgratitud3: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
sonofthunder:

What's your estimate of the items and furnishings in the room?

Highest 500k and he didn't acquire them all in one day.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Error401: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
What if he owns a 14inches mattress? I bought a 12 inches for 80k last year. I dont think a bed is an achievemet, I have collegues who have all this luxuries, but a net balance of 500k!
I think you should look inwards to the potential and see if your man is a kind person and not someone who will never assist you or support you while he owns all luxuries.

IconicR:
Is that mattress on the floor? Because any man whose mattress is still on the floor is not ready for marriage.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
BigYash:
That is why a lady should not have a say in a man's life.. Because they can't even stand for themselves (Broke ass) ,then you see her calling a hustling guy broke ..

If they minus all the help and gifts most of these girls got from the men they call scum,you will see that they are worth nothing..

Eggxactly...

Don't mind those Efulefu

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by ABIKEM: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Check the writer well,her.experience is making her talk this way,she was born and brought up in one room apartment..
Now.u that was born in one room and also raise there,why are u compelling another man to do what ur father cant do for u?

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Jewessgratitud3: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
TenQ:

@Jewessgratitud3

Any girl that misses this guy is a fool.

Close your eyes and look into the future.
This guy is neat
He is organised
He is ambitious

He would most likely go far as he is not limited by his small income

Yeah. He's neat. I give it to him.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Emeka71(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Leggodeals:
Men like crying that women can't look past material things but even men can't look past the artificials in women.

We, ugly women have been quiet and watching on the side for so long. We have a voice too but make we observe finish first. Our pretty friends get picked first all the time. They take the best of men and leave us with scraps. Or should I say men give them their all and fall back on us.

The day the ugly women association of Nigeria will reclaim our voice, no man in this country will have peace, the internet will scatter. Men must look at our potentials of being pretty and stop choosing pretty girls above us. angry

Why do you think you are ugly?
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Bbbwings: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
teedoxman89:
The little furniture in that one room apartment is more expensive that that of a two bedroom flat, if you know you know!!!!
You sabi
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by AskNgige2: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Joeuwaifo:
But today I own about 6 flats and presently still have my own property I'm Lagos where I live.
If I choice to relocate tomorrow with my family abroad I will still buy a house.

God bless you bro..

Is Nigeria mentality since Yahoo Boyd don spoil the natural way of settling with a lady...

Now when a lady see such room , they will want to hear from God 1st..

When it's mansion it becomes auto answered prayers...

Efulefus
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Emeka71(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Is that mattress on the floor? Because any man whose mattress is still on the floor is not ready for marriage.
Bed sitter.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by mozona(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:

Lol. My mattress is on the floor and am married with two kids, two bedrooms flat if you want to know.

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by aremubabs: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2023
Joeuwaifo:

Exactly. I started out like that too. In fact, my wife and I rocked that apartment when we were still dating. She would snap there and put on Facebook.

Now, we are completing our own house. Massive house. I made sure all the rooms are massive.

I guess there are not very many wise women like before. What many of them want now is an already made man.

Do they think that now that I am comfortable, I would go for one hungry girl, even if I were not married?

Never!

That is why my wife and I are inseparable. We started as friends and grew together in love and sacrifice.

I remembered when we would climb pole to change lines. We changed phases by unhooking our wire from a line without power and hooking it to a line with power. My wife learned how to do it and we had fun.

I am not saying every relationship must start like that, but no one should be despising humble beginnings. If you check many of these girls out, their parents may be living in conditions way below that of guys they broke shame.

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by MrsTwrite(f): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
Never despise his little beginning.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Jewessgratitud3: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nnemuka:
Seems like 80% of nairaland guys live in a single room cos I don't understand the dragging ladies are getting on the thread.
No wonder majority of you are bitter grin grin
An angry man is a nairaland broke dude grin

Hahahahahahaaa
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by sonofthunder: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Highest 500k and he didn't acquire them all in one day.

Lol...... Go and price only that TV in the market.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Sholuwa241: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
GorillaApp:

When nairaland guys keep harping on some Nigerian women being foolish, I just brush it off but with post like this, I think they are right

You and jewessgratitud3 are dvmb as a door nail. My mattress dey ground for my bedroom but if you enter my house, you no go wan go house again. The day I moved in, it practically caused a stir in my neighborhood because of the hardware and luxury items in my condo.
Recently a young lady came visiting. She was supposed to write a professional exam and decided to come over for a lil brush up.
Babe reach house come begin dey fall in love.

I just pray your lots don't go and marry one innocent man somewhere.
Even their own papa house no reach this one wey him marry dia mother.
Taylor89 and jeromestark come and carry all these trash Comot for this place
Thunder Fia Una two dia cool

Who be this guy , God go they bless u everyday and me for the Truth is always bitter, them go call for ur head soon but them no go see am , Afonjas everywhere

2 Likes

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Laslas you'll reach everybody, we must chop your money 😂
Iyaebe the general make una wait make I reach 65 first abeg grin cheesy
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Cantonese: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Yeye OP.

So you do even know that there are many millionaires who reside in face me I face you? You do not know that many have gone from face me I face you to their very well built big houses.

Go and ask some of your political leaders of today how they started. Rotimi Amaechi lived in one room until he went to the state assembly. He even took camera men to visit his neighbors then and show how he started.

IP, you be Muntula.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by ogundeleai(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Apparently ,you've never seen a king size mattress for once ..
God will lift you up from four and half size bed ..
We're with you in prayer
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by franchasofficia: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
pansophist:

I met with the musician M.I two years ago in Accra. This dude is so down to earth and was on a Jean, tee shirt and face cap. If you don't know it's M.I, I swear most Accra girls will brush him off if he talks to them.

Women judge so much by appearance, and that's how many of them fork up. Imagine a girl ask me to hook her up with a guy, but she rejected him because he looks broke.

A church girl that I thought will have sense, but obviously church is just a mask. Asking how tall is he, what car he drives, and never a question about his character. I just knew right there say na gold digger be this one.

Dressing casually now is being broke. I'm exactly like you. Anytime I'm in Nigeria, I patronise local buka restaurant. I dislike those overpriced poshed places. Unless situation deserves.

And that's the best way to keep oneself off these leeches that sees materialism as only the qualifier of what a good man is. When one is filled with essence, trying to impress people won't be a feature of their behaviour.

Greetings comrade.
My brother even the strength to dress well no de again lol, all my shoes and sneakers don de relegation, na sandals, slip-ons, Jeans, Chinos, T-shirts and round neck Polos me de wear now oh, and most na Chinko made grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by correctguy101(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
shortgun:
Nigerian girls and materialism

Hahaha

Be like King Tinubu and Amala... grin grin

Back then, na 1 room most of all these eediots papa and mama take start life. See their children now? Useless yet looking for who to trouble with their bukata. No sense of self . Small time dem go dey blame boys wey dey use dem pay dues.... smh

In the 80s for AJ. Wetin concern woman and 1 room? If u dey stay room and parlour, na u be boss ni o...smh

Life don change. Not sure if na front we go or na back. But very sure many people don crase, including yours truly .. cheesy

Yeye people everywhere..
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
franchasofficia:
Iyaebe the general make una wait make I reach 65 first abeg grin cheesy
65 ke? No ooo who no like fresh vegetables.
You people will be hiding yourselves and disguising in this forum.
Re: 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' by obrian888: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
Authoreety:
Any girl that finds that place comfortable also shouldn't be thinking of marriage

what is wrong with this apartment for God's sake? a lot of couple doing well today living in exotic houses started even lower than this, the thing is both should sit down and have a heart to heart discussion before embarking on this unending journey until death or domestic violence brings to an end. i started in a 2 bedroom apartment, not because i have so much money then, but that has been my plans all along, so it was easy when the time comes, it doesn't matter where people starts from but have serious plan in place and work hard to achieve such so you don't look at yourself and be the first to acknowledge that you have failed. good luck to all those who are planning to start small due to the meagre resources at their disposal. the Bible says "Though thy beginning may be small but thy later end shall be greatly increase"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos) / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.