Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". (1097 Views)

Poll: What would you do in this relationship, in my shoes? If you don't want to comment then just choose an option.

Leave her.: 10% (1 vote)
Gain Trust overtime and see how things turn out.: 50% (5 votes)
Tell the "best-friend", to back off.: 0% (0 votes)
Find me a girl best friend lol and see how she like it.: 40% (4 votes)
I don't care.: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Reveals His Shock Discovering He Had Twins Ex-gf Said She Had Aborted / After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic) / Okay Please This My Issue: Help ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by aggie18(m): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2011
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by hamziwhiz(m): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
, This could be a tough one sometimes, but hanging in there trusting that nothing shady goes on will help a great deal.
Cheers!
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by aggie18(m): 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2011
Thanks for the response. I agree. I mean if i was with her for 3 months or something and that happened i would have left her. But i have been with this girl for a year and a half. And I know that's nothing. We still have way more time ahead of us. I'll be more serious if we are together for three years or something. But right now i'll just let her gain her trust back and see if she really "loves" me like she promises me.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by mashnino(m): 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2011
jez keep her but keep a watchful eye on her ooo
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by MMM2(m): 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2011
nyash her & go my way undecided
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
its hard to say my man.

sometimes jealousy clouds our judgment and we fail to pay attention to certain facts.
this friend of hers may be someone who genuinely makes her feel happy. someone who is
so to speak her friend away from the relationship that she can get advice from or just to clown
around with. we all need our space and have friends. i personally would invite my guy to hang out with
myself and my best friend and of course have time for my best friend alone too. its all about balance.

dont get too worked up unless you have FACTS/EVIDENCE that something is going on.

him calling her baby infront of you can mean that that one, he is a douche bag or two that he have been calling
her pet names so long that he fail to remember there is a thing called boundaries and respect. her storming
out following his calling her baby could also mean something too lipsrsealed again just talk to her and get the facts. your age difference may also be a reason for your insecurity. undecided
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Natasha2(f): 10:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^couldn't have said it any better cos I'm a girl that has so many male friends and my bestie is also a guy cheesy
sometimes jealously blinds you to see the truth, I'm very sure nothing is going on I might be wrong but this is what I feel maybe be cause I'm like that like Its difficult for one to find me with a girl.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by MrsChima1(f): 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by slimyem: 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2011
my bestfriend is a guy and he's always the first to be introduced to anyone i date.i use pet names for him and it has never been an hidden fact from any guy i dated and it still didnt give them any reason to doubt it was more than the friendship.you'd need to work on trust issues.
Dont get unnecessarily worked up over this.take your time and build up a little trust.it will get better.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by freecocoa(f): 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
Slimyem,you beat me to that question.

@ Op it could be nothing actually cos I have a male bestie too,I tell him things and its been pretty great so far,we've been friends for more than ten years now.so just learn to trust her but also be careful with her.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Dynamique: 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2011
If u r not redy to trust right&give d benefit of doubt,i think u r not yet redy 4a relationship,try&work vividly on ur ego,if u continue disturbing urself over matters that r worth over-looking,u wud b causing more pain to urself,which mins u wont be able to get d best of ur relationship.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by omega25red(m): 12:46am On Oct 13, 2011
poster

you are in college now you will have to leave the teenie bopper high school love behind. I mean look in front of you can't you see all of then sweet sweet college girls? by the way do you live in the dorms? or are you a day student?

move to the dorms you would forget that high school senior fast. oh yea when she goes to college trust and beleive she will forget you.

so start hitting that pnssy now so that when she dumps you for either her "best friend" or some other dude in college you wont feel so bad
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by HighChief4(m): 1:21am On Oct 13, 2011
@OP----dont doubt her yet till she gives you enough reasons to, just be very watchful cos some gals hide under the guise of "best friend" while he is chopping her down.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by aggie18(m): 4:15am On Oct 13, 2011
@ SexKillz or whatever. All right, you are 100% right. Good for you. You can obviously analyze people's problems and tell them the solution in a rude way. But hey it's life right?? So i'm 18 year old ignorant teen. Hey at least i'm admitting it. I have a lot of growing up to do obviously. Sometimes it's better for someone to point out your weaknesses which you have done in a good manner except for the insults and that other unnecessary stuff.
But do you ever analyze your self for once?? Just think about it. Yeah I'm pretty sure your going to reply to this with a smart ass remark but at least consider the thought before you judge and put someone else down. Remember we are all human. Again i'm just a stupid young adult telling you this. Take how you want it.
Other than that, Good JOB on pointing out my weaknesses. It really helps me out. (:
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Wizkhalifa2(m): 4:28am On Oct 13, 2011
@OP,
READ ur bookz, Ur a fwesha
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by iice(f): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
You obviously can't handle it. Better to break it off.
I don't support cutting off your life because you're in a relationship. There were people there before you, they may be there after you leave.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 16, 2011
@poster
FIRST i suggest you look into yourself to solve your jealousy issues. this "problem" (if we can even call it that) shouldnt even be an issue. TRUST your woman fully or bounce but dont go half-half in there.

SECOND YOU have a problem with her having a male friend. come bro, grow some balls and dont be childish. if you expect her to NOT have any male friends then you have a lot to discover in life.

THIRD YOU have a problem with her talking to her best friend about your issues. would you be ok if she was talking to her girl friend about your problems OR if her best friend was g[b]a[/b]y?

FOURTH YOU have a problem when she calls him sweet names in email. really?! is your self esteem THAT low?!

FIFTH YOU have a problem if he calls her baby in front of you. would you rather they do it in private?! it's her best friend and he knows her LONGER THAN YOU, what would you prefer they do?! anyway, you knew that from the email so what's the beef about?!

SIXTH YOU wanted to break up with her for no apparent reason, just the product of your jealous wild imagination.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .  and yet, you are trying to make it look like SHE is the problem here?

why should she prove her love to you when you have no idea what the word means? if you loved her you should have accepted her as a person, instead of trying to force her to dump her friend because of your INSECURITIES.
Re: My Issue With My Gf Having A "best Friend". by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 16, 2011
so she should not ave friends again. @MMM i fear for ur future if such advice is what comes to mind.

(1) (Reply)

If U A Naija Babe And U Chase Sugar Daddies Oya Raise Ur Hand / Nigerian Women Ranked Most Unfaithful In The World / 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.