Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide (3969 Views)

Judge Blasts FG For Not Producing Witnesses Against Orubebe. / Tinubu Blasts Party Leaders Over Loss To PDP / Fashola Blasts Fg Over Apapa/oshodi, Airport Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by supereagle(m): 4:52am On Oct 13, 2011
Tinubu Blasts Fg Over Dilapidated Roads

LAGOS – Immediate past governor of Lagos State and National Leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, yesterday, condemned the Federal Government for the poor state of federal roads across the country.

He urged the Federal Government to terminate the concession contract for  the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, saying it had failed.

Tinubu, who decried the poor state of the Lagos Airport Road, Oshodi- Apapa Expressway and environs, appealed to Governor Babatunde Fashola to embark on reconstruction of the roads, saying: “we will give you the necessary support.”

Tinubu spoke at the launch of Lagos ACN campaigns for the October 22 council elections, held at Onikan Stadium and an open ground in Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island.

On the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, he said the concession contract had failed and a better approach should be adopted to fix the road.

The former governor  accused the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, government of failing to fix the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, which he described as the arteries of the nation’s economy being the only road linking the major ports and airport in the country.

He argued that PDP had failed to move the country forward since 1999, when the Fourth Republic began and that Lagos residents should not allow it to have an inch in the forthcoming council polls.

On the revenue sharing formula, Tinubu said: “The Federal Government is taking so much of Nigeria’s money. That is why they don’t know how to apply it for development.” He noted that the state of the nation was an offshoot of the last elections which brought the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government to power.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/tinubu-blasts-fg-over-dilapidated-roads/
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by ektbear: 4:55am On Oct 13, 2011
Since it looks like the FG will never fix the federal roads it owns, perhaps the roads should be handed over to the states. Allow the states to then erect tolls to raise cash for road maintenance.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by ektbear: 4:57am On Oct 13, 2011
The current system is just. . . stupid. Makes no sense.

Most people don't let their own property run down, right?

Yet for some reason the FG has no real issue lettings its roads fall apart.

I don't get it.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 13, 2011
Meeen, I travelled from Ilorin to Kano yestday, OMG, d road frm Ilorin to Mokwa s a hell, if any vehicle ply dat road 5times continosly, ts gong t end n a scrap yard! Some holes can take a whole trailer truck wtout stress. I have been hearng f Bini-Ore road, f ts worse dan Ilorin-Mokwa, then I tnk we need a REVOLUTION against these 'vagabonds in power' now!
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Relax101(m): 5:41am On Oct 13, 2011
Tinubu should only talk cos of freedom of speech after that he has no moral right to ask the fg questions.
He should shut up and try to fix his drug and foreign account problems.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Pukkah: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2011
Rich country, poor roads! What a paradox?

The state of Nigerian roads only shows that the wickedness of Nigerian leaders is unparalleled.

And you expect your citizens to drive on such roads? The type of roads which, in countries where they value human lives, will even be closed to animals.

Seriously, Nigerians need to demand more from their governments.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by otokx(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2011
The federal government should hand over all roads to the state government since they can no longer take care of it. The revenue formula should also be reduced accordingly.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by anonimi: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2011
While it is ok to ask the FG to fix its roads in Lagos, Tinubu should not forget to ask Fashola and the 57 LGAs to also fix the roads under their jurisdiction.
How many feeder roads (the ones directly in front of residences etc) in Lagos state are tarred, with covered drains that are cleaned daily?
Tinubu should stop playing politics of casting PDP alone as the no-performer.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by BiafranFirstSon(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2011
Shameless Tinubu! You stayed 8 years in power and only thing u did was legalise "agbero". You are fighting Fashola because he refused to give u some %tage of tax payers money. Now u are talking to the federal government about roads. The roads u mentioned were worst during ur tenure, Addict!
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by werepeLeri: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Meeen, I travelled from Ilorin to Kano yestday, OMG, d road frm Ilorin to Mokwa s a hell, if any vehicle ply dat road 5times continosly, ts gong t end n a scrap yard! Some holes can take a whole trailer truck wtout stress. I have been hearng f Bini-Ore road, f ts worse dan Ilorin-Mokwa, then I tnk we need a REVOLUTION against these 'vagabonds in power' now!

Calm down bro- I know that road you are talking about, and it has been there like ages. Mokwa to Jebba is only 39 km and you will ride that road for 2 hours. The Benin Ore road is being fixed and is never in that class. LOL
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Demdem(m): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2011
Tinubu spoke well. GEJ should simply wake up from his slumber.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by jmaine: 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2011
Tinubu should kindly shut up and face his dairy Cow ( Lagos State)
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by babaowo: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2011
if all nigeria roads are fix and well manage,how can we know that we are africa n 3rd world countrylol
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by KnowAll(m): 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2011
[size=16pt]I was told by a friend our friends from the creeks are the new nouveau riche. If you see a Bentley, Porsche , Ferrari or a Rolls Royce on the streets of Abuja chances are they belong to one of those boys working for the Ministry of Niger Delta or NDDC. Billionaires amongst this new rich boys is two a penny, obviously with that trend established it is no wonder all roads in the federation has fallen apart.[/size]
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Demdem(m): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^^

I can confirm that. Presently based in the ND regions. many of those militants especially their warlords/Generals are now super rich. the mostly live ostentatious lives. The region is still lamenting though.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by werepeLeri: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=16pt]I was told by a friend our friends from the creeks are the new nouveau riche. If you see a Bentley, Porsche , Ferrari or a Rolls Royce on the streets of Abuja chances are they belong to one of those boys working for the Ministry of Niger Delta or NDDC. Billionaires amongst this new rich boys is two a penny, obviously with that trend established it is no wonder all roads in the federation has fallen apart.[/size]

lol. Which Abuja? The one i live in?>

Lies. Thats how innocent citizens get fed with lies. Show me one of them or mention one of them like you described.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by ashiri1: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
LET HIM SHUT UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS POSED BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT TRIBUNAL

TELL HIM TO PASS TRU LAGOS ROADS AND TELL IF THEY ARE ANY BETA
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by KnowAll(m): 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2011
[size=18pt]Read the letter from a fellow Niger Delatan Like yourself, no worry na una time now[/size] undecided

lol. Which Abuja? The one i live in?>

Lies. Thats how innocent citizens get fed with lies. Show me one of them or mention one of them like you described.

Dear Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi: We write to voice our displeasure with the recent award of contracts by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in Rivers State.

Specifically, we wish to condemn in very strong terms, the award of the Bonny Ring Road & Bridges Project in Rivers State to a company that has nothing to do with engineering and construction, Jafac Motors/Jafac Invetsments Ltd for the whopping sum of Eleven billion, two hundred and four million, one hundred and sixty eight thousand, twenty naira and ten kobo (N 11, 204, 168, 023.00).

This award, coming on the heels on the appointment of a Rivers man, Chibuzor Ugwoha as Managing Director of the NDDC is a slap on the face of the people of Rivers State and an insult on the efforts our forebears who fought so long to bring development to their land.

The questions are? How did a car dealer suddenly become a high profile construction company? Why was a contract of that magnitude not awarded to tested and proven companies like Reynolds Construction Company (RCC) or Setraco as Julius Berger has chosen to leave the Niger Delta? Who authorized such a contract?

What contracts of such a whopping magnitude has Jafac Motors/Investments Ltd ever done in the Niger Delta? Who is fronting for Jafac Motors/Investments Ltd? Why make Rivers state a test or playing group for dubious, up-front paying contractors?

Our dear Governor, on the behalf of the youths of Rivers State, we reject the manner of award of these contracts and declare the process as fraudulent and deceit-ridden.

For almost a decade, we have watched with despair as almost 95% of the roads built by NDDC have suddenly collapsed. In fact, roads constructed less than two years ago by the Niger Delta Development Commission have nearly all collapsed. How long will we allow a people to shortchange and abuse our heritage?

What has happened to all the multi-billion naira contracts awarded by NDDC in Rivers State in the recent years? How far has the Kula Shore Protection project gone? Is the contractor not complaining that he has shared up all the money with NDDC top shots?

Is there no one to cry for us?

We call on your Excellency therefore to please intervene and impress on our brother, the Managing Director of the Commission Mr. Chibuzor Ugwoha and the Rivers State Representative on the Board, Mr. Emmanuel Georgewill to revoke these contracts immediately and re-award it to a more competent company.

If this is not done, the people of Bonny, Rivers State and the Niger Delta would not forgive him when the poor quality road that will be built begins to fail.

We wonder why Rivers State should be used a test ground for “wannabee” construction companies. We also wonder how a contract of this value can be given to a company without any engineering knowledge or competence. Do we not have people who can plead our case?

Your Excellency, Please intervene.

Sincerely Yours in the service of Rivers State

Somina Dagogo Jumbo
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by BabaEleko(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2011
BiafranFirstSon:

Shameless Tinubu! You stayed 8 years in power and only thing u did was legalise "agbero". You are fighting Fashola because he refused to give u some %tage of tax payers money. Now u are talking to the federal government about roads. The roads u mentioned were worst during your tenure,  Addict!

Relax101:

Tinubu should only talk cos of freedom of speech after that he has no moral right to ask the fg questions.

[size=18pt]These 2 baboons deserve death by firing squad for being this foqlish or better still transported back to Ibadan zoo where they broke out after that heavy rain fall. [/size]
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by evilspirit: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2011
my younger brother friend works with amnesty he has abt 100milla in his acct he is just 27
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by KnowAll(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
my younger brother works with amnesty he has abt 100milla in his acct he is just 27

@wereperi

"opari" - e don finish now, need I say more, 27 year old with 100 million and that is a small boy how much more the big fries.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Demdem(m): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2011
KnowAll:

@wereperi

"opari" - e don finish now, need I say more, 27 year old with 100 million and that is a small boy [b]how much more the big fries.[/b]

Yes, The warlords. Tompolo and co

evilspirit:

my younger brother friend works with amnesty he has abt 100milla in his acct he is just 27

Thats the one u know. what about the 1 u dont know?
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Gbenge77(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nigerian roads are terrible,pure and simple.The no of hours people spend in traffic jams daily is just unbelievable.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by werepeLeri: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2011
KnowAll:

@wereperi

"opari" - e don finish now, need I say more, 27 year old with 100 million and that is a small boy how much more the big fries.

evilspirit:

LOL. Anything can be said on NairaLand, only half brains take it as the truth.

Hear this.

My junior brother is also 25 and has 1billion in his account, and works for Amnesty. mtcheewwww.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by Demdem(m): 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
That amnesty is an avenue for the criminals called militants to chop and chop well is a fact even at the expense of the region they did claim they were fighting for.
Bunch of Thieves.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by seanet02: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
Relax101:

Sir Were
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
Is this verified ole still talking? I thought he has been locked up?abi na stale news? Nigeria na wa o,it is about the only country in the universe where criminals legitimately make waves,where main stream press and gullible citizens see traitors like tinubu in positive light.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by seanet02: 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
redsun:

Is this verified ole still talking? I thought he has been locked up?abi na stale news? Nigeria na wa o,it is about the only country in the universe where criminals legitimately make waves,where main stream press and gullible citizens see traitors like tinubu in positive light.
You are the gullible and irresponsible one, If you have been a responsible person you should be questioning PDP leaders why [size=29pt]PDP CAN NOT GUARANTEE 24 HOURS ELECTRICITY AFTER 13 YEARS IN POWER?[/size]
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by redsun(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
Nigeria will never have electricity when cavecreatures like you that defend and supports scum traitors like tinubu on the ground of primitive tribal affiliations and criminal tendencies exist.
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by BabaEleko(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
seanet02:

Sir Were

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Blasts FG Over The State Of Roads Nationwide by seanet02: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
redsun:

Nigeria will never have electricity when cavecreatures like you that defend and supports scum traitors like tinubu on the ground of primitive tribal affiliations and criminal tendencies exist.
I guess i was the one in charge of Power Generation abi? what an Imbecilic Statement from a Retardeen
Typical PDP follow follow supporters, always talking before reasoning

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Attack On The Nation Newspaper’s Vehicle Was Aimed At Gov Sylva' / Boko Haram Shot Down Nigerian Airforce Jet? / Atiku Donates N50m, Aircraft And 12 Land Cruisers For Buhari's Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.