Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? (32196 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / 'This House Is Not For Sale': Are They Really Not For Sale? / This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Versitee: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Good evening all.

Please my husband wants to covert some of the rooms in our hose to self con and rent it out.

We have just 1 tank of 3k litres. Bringing in tenants means we have to buy another tank but we don't have enough money for the renovations and the extra tank.

We either renovate, and rent out without connecting water. Tenants will have to fetch using the backyard tap. In that case rent will be 120.

Or we get a loan and buy a tank and connect. Then rent will be 180k.

What do we do?

N/B. my husband wants to collect the rent monthly and not yearly.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Puss360(f): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2023
Don't collect loan ...
Rent your normal 120 k....
Do the plumbing for water.... Down...
Charge your 120k...
Once they pay, you use it to buy tank and connect water.....
Next rent make it to be 150 max... Then you explain that "Because of the water running that's why the increment"...
In the event they refuse, then they pack out and you give the incoming tenant 180k...

Don't borrow loan for building or house renovation....

411 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Peledonomy: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2023
Puss360:
Don't collect loan ...
Rent your normal 120 k....
Do the plumbing for water.... Down...
Charge your 120k...
Once they pay, you use it to buy tank and connect water.....
Next rent make it to be 150 max... Then you explain that "Because of the water running that's why the increment"...
In the event they refuse, then they pack out and you give the incoming tenant 180k...

Don't borrow loan for building or house renovation....

Nigerians will always be afraid of loans. Y

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Puss360(f): 9:25am On Aug 17, 2023
Peledonomy:

grin grin Interest rate is very high... And most abi all of us don't like paying back...
grin

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by WiszyFraud: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Did you know??

In Mauritius, the President, Vice President and Speaker were all women from 2015-2017.

Mauritius is Africa’s most developed, peaceful and happiest country with 100% electricity access, free education, free healthcare and free transport for students, old people and the disabled.

lipsrsealed

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by saphiere(f): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Versitee:
Good evening all.

Please my husband wants to covert some of the rooms in our hose to self con and rent it out.

We have just 1 tank of 3k litres. Bringing in tenants means we have to buy another tank but we don't have enough money for the renovations and the extra tank.

We either renovate, and rent out without connecting water. Tenants will have to fetch using the backyard tap. In that case rent will be 120.

What do we do?

Get a loan and do the right thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by bestman09(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
You don't need to borrow any money. Rent out the house for the normal 180k. Tell the tenants that they will be parking in in a months time after the renovations and use their money to buy the tank and other renovations.

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by tuoyoojo(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Collect monthly rent??

How feasible is that in this economy

To collect the first rent would not be a problem, the subsequent months nine fit get key leg

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by LUAN(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Water rushing in your kitchen and toilet is very important. Someone will pay any amount because of constant water and light

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by WiszyFraud: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Penboy: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Don't place your house for rent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by MrHighSea: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Borrow loan and do a good job that won't be needing expensive mtce soon.

Avoid frequent interfaces with tenant. That monthly rent is a no-no.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Olori ebi nko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by doghorp(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Peledonomy:

Loan is a no no for me

1 Like

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Pappij: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Versitee:
Good evening all.

What do we do?

Why does he want to collect monthly rent instead of the conventional yearly rents?

13 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by slawomir: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Whois(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
Make use of what's available, then gradually do the renovations as you get paid for rents. Btw you can always increase rent every 3years. Loan is a no go area due to high interest rate except you can try a microfinance bank

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by ZombiePUNISHER: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

In Mauritius, the President, Vice President and Speaker were all women from 2015-2017.

Mauritius is Africa’s most developed, peaceful and happiest country with 100% electricity access, free education, free healthcare and free transport for students, old people and the disabled.

lipsrsealed

Muslims extremists will rather burn down the country

Hungry Agbadorians plenty on Nairaland

6 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Emma1Oj(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
Don't collect loan. Just connect the water wen the person paid. buy tank for him/her before he/she move in. That was what my landlord did to me as I'm the only tenant. I accepted to pay because I saw the sincerity, conviction in him. If not, I won't pay.

So ask yourself if you are sincere enough to fix the tank once the person pay. To avoid case shld in case the person na wahala person. No be everything be quit notice o..

8 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
It all about sincerity,

Get the rent from the proposed tenants, then use the money to fix the house but you must keep to the agreed time frame

5 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Winters23: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
grin
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by MisterBanny(m): 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
Peledonomy:

No sensible and right thinking human being would like to take loans, but na condition make crayfish bend

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by iruocious: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
It depends on how much the repairs would cost. If it's less than the house rent, take a loan and do the renovations. Afterwards, pay back the loan with the rent.
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by FireUpNow(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2023
Peledonomy:

Baba interest rate is very high oo. I wanted to borrow just 200k from a microfinance bank and I was told to pay back 300k in space of 6 months, do the maths, that is 50% interest so taking loan is not a very wise decision.

13 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Greenfaces: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
Abi na only me do mtfe for this nairaland. How come no body talk about am
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by wittywriter: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Mauritius is Africa’s most developed, peaceful and happiest cou
wittywriter post=125171151:
ntry with 100% electricity access, free education, free healthcare and free transport for students, old people and the disabled.

lipsrsealed
Do what you can afford @OP.

Wittyness
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Versitee:
Good evening all. Please my husband wants to covert some of the rooms in our hose to self con and rent it out.
Or we get a loan and buy a tank and connect. Then rent will be 180k. What do we do? N/B. my husband wants to collect the rent monthly and not yearly.

Get a loan to help you do tye renovating and everything else you need then. undecided
Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by debossng: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Madam, I think you're trying to worry about a problem that doesn't exist.

If you can renovate the house as you've said, why not rent it out and then use part of the money to buy another tank?

I come in peace ✌️

2 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? by Sharpsharp00123: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Versitee:
Good evening all.

What do we do?

a

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Affordable 1000sq,900sm,@ Fountain Springville Estate Ajah Lekki by new shoprite / The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" / Is Lagos Island Going Bananas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.