Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal (23634 Views)

Open Grazing Ban: Wike Faces Hurdles In FCT As Miyetti Allah Talks Tough / It's Abnormal To Use Condom As Palliative For The Poor — Rep. Amobi Ogah (Video) / What Will Wike Bring To The FCT As A Minister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Sirchiboy: 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
Parachoko:
State Governors owing serving and retired civil servants should use it to clear pensions, salaries and wages in their respective states
How much is the gratuity for retired secondary schools teacher
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Sirchiboy: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
I need just 50 million from the palliative
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by worksmart(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tinubu took a World bank loan of N480Bn for fuel price hike hardship alleviation so why is he only distributing N180Bn ?

I guess remaining N300bn was used "to pay consultants" angry

Bola na bad virus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Larryndelaw: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
Every citizen should hold his or her own state governor. Attention should shift to governors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by ponlear(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'm not very surprised at your calculations.
I'm more surprised at the people liking this your display of illiteracy.

As in, are you Nigerians mad? Even to read and understand na problem. Thread says 5billion per state. And you're sitting here dividing 5billion by 250million people. As how na? Abi there's any state in Nigeria that has 250million people?

Na wa o!!

Are you okay?
I doubt it
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by ponlear(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
Addme:

No 5 billion per state including Abuja.
You can redo the maths
5,000,000,000 X 37 States =
That’s a good one

I didnt pay attention to the “each state”
Thank you for pointing that out. I however hope that it is used accordingly and not shared amongst a class of individuals
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
mariahAngel:

Ngwanu, jikere! 😀
Ikegwuru sha 😆😂😂😂
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by worksmart(m): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
ok it is 180,000,000,000/250,000,000 = N720 each!
BoldBrainz:

I'm not very surprised at your calculations.
I'm more surprised at the people liking this your display of illiteracy.

As in, are you Nigerians mad? Even to read and understand na problem. Thread says 5billion per state. And you're sitting here dividing 5billion by 250million people. As how na? Abi there's any state in Nigeria that has 250million people?

Na wa o!!

1 Like

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Na here them go call your name make you for answer present sharp sharp!

Come and make my dinner joh!!
Call the maid for that 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by worksmart(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Equilvalent of N720 per person !

If care not taken this virus would finish Nigeria!

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by ImoleNaija: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Only if proper monitoring could be done to ensure the relief funds are put to good use in each State.

The beneficiaries might be the already rich politicians & appointed leaders. I don't trust our elites.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by BoldBrainz(m): 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
IconicR:
Call the maid for that 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rose, I should call the maid to make my dinner? This courtship don tire you abi?
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Innobee99(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
MrCuteking:
How many times will they tell you that Nigeria is not for you? 😂
So many times but they won't hear🤣😃

1 Like

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by BCRCentre: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
The Title of the headline should have been "Federal Government Gifted Governors #5b each to support subsidy removal.

Reason being that the governors will not have any idea on how to help the masses who are affected directly by the subsidy removal and stories will be cooked up of what they have used the money for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
This will not solve Nigeria's problem the only thing that will solve Nigerian problem is to put our refineries in order
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Rose, I should call the maid to make my dinner? This courtship don tire you abi?
courtship indeed. 😂 😂 😂
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by happney65: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Money wey the Govornors go steal. Why them no increase minimum wage?

Why is that difficult to do?

Oshi
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Tareq1105: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
Parachoko:
State Governors owing serving and retired civil servants should use it to clear pensions, salaries and wages in their respective states

How would you advise Govs to use palliative money to pay pension?

Palliative money is for the needy in each state and not for civil servants.

I just hope these Govs would add their own state contributions to the palliative money and be fair to residents of their respective states.

However, I observed that population of each state should be considered in future. The population of Benue state for instance is not the same as Kano state.

Thanks all the same President Tinubu. This palliative should be repeated by December to make life easier for the citizenry.

More strength.

1 Like

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by BoldBrainz(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
IconicR:
courtship indeed. 😂 😂 😂

You do know I like to eat before 9pm right? And I have some writing to do for most of tonight. Don't wanna be sleeping off cause of a heavy dinner.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Parachoko: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tareq1105:

How would you advise Govs to use palliative money to pay pension?

Palliative money is for the needy in each state and not for civil servants.

I just hope these Govs would add their own state contributions to the palliative money and be fair to residents of their respective states.

However, I observed that population of each state should be considered in future. The population of Benue state for instance is not the same as Kano state.

Thanks all the same President Tinubu. This palliative should be repeated by December to make life easier for the citizenry.

More strength.
I'm not asking them to use everything.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Tareq1105: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
OKORONKWOBRIGHT:
This will not solve Nigeria's problem the only thing that will solve Nigerian problem is to put our refineries in order

Would that be done overnight? Haba! Aren't you aware that work is going on to get PH refinery ready by December?
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Faposky95: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
...$800M is how much in #aira......?!
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You do know I like to eat before 9pm right? And I have some writing to do for most of tonight. Don't wanna be sleeping off cause of a heavy dinner.
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Rilwayne001: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bevista:
How much did NASS members (less than 500) get? I think around ₦110 billion. And a state with millions of residents gets ₦5 billion.

What nonsense are you saying bruh
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by BoldBrainz(m): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
IconicR:
😂😂😂😂😂

Woman, oya o! Nairaland can wait for you. Come to the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by BoldBrainz(m): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
Rilwayne001:

What nonsense are you saying bruh

On colos..!
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Och77(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bevista:
How much did NASS members (less than 500) get? I think around ₦110 billion. And a state with millions of residents gets ₦5 billion.
. It indicates that some people are more Nigerian than others. Sad tale
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by TeeAL(m): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
Money that will be stolen!
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by jurjes(f): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
When you are bereft of ideas, creativity and innovation, the best you can do is to share money.

Fix our refineries and create a sustainable environment for small and medium scale businesses to thrive.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
This 5b will be like the covid19 palliatives.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by DaveHarry(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
I just don't get dis govt. naija govt don't ever think how to end a problem, only pampering. Revive the refineries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EndSARS: We Are Unhappy Sanwo-Olu Denied Inviting Army - General Ahmed Taiwo / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Ondo / Rochas Has "Killed" Ohakim: Live On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.