Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal (23576 Views)

Open Grazing Ban: Wike Faces Hurdles In FCT As Miyetti Allah Talks Tough / It's Abnormal To Use Condom As Palliative For The Poor — Rep. Amobi Ogah (Video) / What Will Wike Bring To The FCT As A Minister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by MeineMutter: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Every citizen should hold his or her own state governor. Attention should shift to governors.

They are evi.l.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Proudlyomonna: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
LOVEGINO:
baba it's well o.

When You want to have a good justification for action, You should always seek to address the sponsoring thought and intentions first.

This people are plainly out to loot and loot and loot,that's the reality We have at hand.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by obi58: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
ivolt:

Forex is not a commodity.
It serves a specific purpose and there is a point at which it sufficiently meets all demands.

You don't need an infinite supply to meets the demand for forex or any other resource.
A condition of glut is commonly met without infinite supply.

You just made my point.

There's no commodity that has infinite supply FX(money) inclusive. It's price (exchange rate) is a function of the ability (supply) of the FX market (cbn and aboki) to meet the needs (demand) of our import dominated economy. As such the government can regulate price either by boosting supply short term through loans/liquidity injections or increasing our earnings.

On the demand side, if government focuses on domestic production with view to import substitution, our demand for FX will reduce. This also goes for local refining of crude which will eliminate the need for importation.

Government instead of focusing on eliminating fuel importation chose to play short term politics and eliminated subsidy instead. But all indications thus far has shown that the expected gains from subsidy removal have been overshadowed by the daily pains Nigerians are experiencing in the galloping inflation of goods and services and the rapid decline in quality of living and concurrent escalation in the cost of living.

Widening our revenue base through taxation for example without addressing the fuel importation conundrum which is not just depleting our foreign reserves but encouraging imported inflation will be self defeatist to say the least.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by amerengues(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
ponlear:
N5,000,000,000 divided by 250,000,000 people = N20 each

Do we have 250m people in a state? Nawa o
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Deepthoughts: 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by amerengues(m): 10:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
simfrost90210:
See rubbish!
Just N5b to the whole country as palliative?
And N70b to the NASS and N35b to judiciary?
LasLas, lyk dis, e don become audio money oo

Thief-nubu no just dey alright upstairs sha!!!

Poor reader. Very quick to dish out uppercut
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by franchasofficia: 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
FG approves 5billion for the 36 states and the FCT shocked

FG approved 5billion for each of the 36 states and 5billion for FCT.

This topic should settle the issue of 5% vote in Abuja as a prerequisite to be announced winner of Nigeria's Presidential election.

Tribunal Judges hope you all are seeing what I am saw? shocked
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Princelumide: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
So, if the federal government is giving state 5billion each for palliatives, what about the monthly allocation given to them too, abi the shared a month states and federal government? Can't both the allocation and the mumu palliative be added to in order to cushion the effect of subsidy removal affecti g masses in all the states?

And some people will thinking that they should use the palliative money to pay arrears of salary forgetting that, na be only civil servants dey for Nigeria...

It is well with this nation called Nigeria... angry
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by writeprof(m): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ayed44:
What happens to the people who are not civil servants?

A VERY GOOD QUESTION INDEED.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by darealez(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
commoditiesnig:

Good initiative
We're always too quick to dance. More like when slave masters promise their 1000 slaves 3cups of rice. Half loaf to them was better than none, but they'll get none after all.

We need to ask questions... Canada paid citizens during COVID through national identity...

What's the yardstick...are we funding political saboteurs... What of those who are not civil servants? Can we be honest...

Or maybe it's Tinubu, we shouldn't ask questions... Let's just jubilate
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by DENNIXX(f): 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Anoda cash out for Governors...shishi dey will no give poor masses
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Freethinker87: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2023
36 states & FCT. I thought Agbadorians said we have 37 states.

BTW Tinubu just appointed a minister of FCT. I thought a "STATE" should have a Governor.

grin grin 25% in the FCT is mandatory. Tinubu is a goner!
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by ufotunang: 12:28am On Aug 18, 2023
Pallatives is not the solution to this problems... refineries working, constant electricity light supply, local government autonomy, create a conducive environment for bussinesses, companies to strive in order for jobs to be created for the youths and nigerians, boost the agriculture sector.. mechanised farming , are the solution to nigeria problems
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by ufotunang: 12:29am On Aug 18, 2023
The money the state governors and politicians will loot
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by ufotunang: 12:30am On Aug 18, 2023
In nigeria our politcians do not like to tackle problems from the root
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by atuagbo: 12:39am On Aug 18, 2023
The money don already enter Politicans pockets.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Agent17th: 2:14am On Aug 18, 2023
YourMrBoo:
Can't they just map the money to revive some refineries and crash fuel importation killing the forex and inflating fuel price

187 Billion is enough to build a refinery or two na. Instead of dishing 5B to each state and the FCT. To which state governors will steal from. God
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Joystarn00: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2023
When Tinubu want to share 8k for 6 month for people, everybody dey complain. Now them give each state governor money to make use. How the money go benefit or each everybody for Nigeria? 🇳🇬....
Now, na the same story we go they hear now, I do this, I do that.. Our palliative money don go.. OTILOOOO.
Na wetin enter my acct be my own oo. Make them pay our palliative money give everybody for in acct, before they start paying salary or pension with the money.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Bestbeelieve: 6:36am On Aug 18, 2023
all na still subsidy! dey play!
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by simfrost90210: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2023
amerengues:

Poor reader. Very quick to dish out uppercut

I never remembered referring to you...

You mustn't be unnecessarily rude to yourself first, then to others! It only shows you weren't brought up well and will be a nuisance if given an opportunity in the public space! It's not fair!

Be kind!
Be nice!
Be wise!

Grow Up!
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by forgiveness: 7:48am On Aug 18, 2023
KillMNKnow:
He is paying them back for rigging the election... FG workers nko?

Don't be fooled. The outcome of the election expressed the mind of the people.

Atiku and Pobi never won. If rigged, why did Atiku and Pobi win in Osun state and Lagos state respectively? grin

People should stop taking Nigerians as fooles. Tinubu don win e don win bi dat. Nothing anybody can do.

Those lying he didn't attend primary, secondary and university are ignoramus. I for sure know his senior in Primary school.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Tobank(m): 7:52am On Aug 18, 2023
Which kain clueless yeye old fool be this president?. When inflation has hit the roof, you're still sharing money to States. Are you Idi Amin?When States like Imo, Edo governors and co go use the money do campaign and others go just pocket the money. Who told you that sharing money is a palliative? Nigeria sponsored and individual to build refinery but cannot build one or even rehabilitate the existing ones. Who did this to us? What is the government not telling us.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Tobank(m): 7:59am On Aug 18, 2023
Chucks13:
Another good move.

Enemies of Nigeria what have you got to say

They won't still like it heaven have removed their joy tey tey and gave them sadness no matter how hard you try to make them happy sadness will always their portion.

My joy is that out of that amount, you will not see even a job I
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by simmydare82(m): 8:20am On Aug 18, 2023
Compensation everywhere, the politician has been compensated with ministers, now the boys will go and share 5b amongst themselves, is it not better to still continue the payment of subsidy till the right things are in our refineries.

Even though you like give 50b to each state, you're just asking them to use it for the incoming election in some states, this politician are not to be trusted, they are not trustworthy and also lack integrity.

We're not moved by your dubious palliative that will end up in the pockets of few individual politician and party supporters. Please God forgive our sins and deliver us from this boju boju politician.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by joyousever(f): 9:35am On Aug 18, 2023
Exactly! This is crystal clear that the government is forever confused and clueless!!

YourMrBoo:
Can't they just map the money to revive some refineries and crash fuel importation killing the forex and inflating fuel price
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Chucks13: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2023
Tobank:

Mr man I'm fine, owned my own business and hustling legit bro.

I have never waited for any shit from the govt bro. I paid my bil myself.

Do you Hinksey I'm one of those lazy unproductive youths who are waiting for CBN vault to be open for them to get free cash? Mbannu ok, so just stop there.

Thanks.
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by Chucks13: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Tobank:

Mr man I'm fine, owned my own business and hustling legit bro.

I have never waited for any shit from the govt bro. I paid my bil myself.

Do you Hinksey I'm one of those lazy unproductive youths who are waiting for CBN vault to be open for them to get free cash? Mbannu ok, so just stop there.

Thanks....
Re: FG Allocates ₦5 Billion To 36 States & FCT As Palliative For Subsidy removal by pheelz01: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2023
Since petrol price determine the cost of every other commodity in Nigeria, why don't we channel the funds and put it on petrol which will in turns reduce the level of hardship citizens are going through.

We all know even one penny of this fund will not get to larger percentage of the citizen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sanusi Resigns After Ganduje’s Installation Of New Emirates Heads In K / Lagos Police Command Arrests Fleeing Imo Jailbreak Inmate / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Needs A Leader With Iron And Steel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.