Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative (26270 Views)

FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres / Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Chetas81(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2023
Intelligent matter a lot,is not in level with miracle
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by matrixme(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2023
The question is, will Obi supporters also enter these buses and cars that got converted to CNG and grumble inside it?
President Tinubu actually has this very meek and calming demanor that oozes empathy and gentility inside him. I doubt if he has any aggressive bone in him. He's more of a strategic individual so unlike Buhari whose body language is brute force.
If the Obi supporters scum is being proliferated during Buhari's time, I can only imagine the amount of resistance the movement will get.
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by soccerlite: 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
Sakamaje

Another cassava bread initiative

Privatize refinery earn fx and let local production start - No

They have given bororo SA, na to start to publicize lies

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by oyatz(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2023
00FFT00:
Slogans!
They rushed out with this after watching Innoson's Arise news interview. Tinubu is empty, uninspiring, and completely incompetent.
The NNPC has been carrying out a Pilot study of this initiative in partnership with NIPCO for over 5years in Benin City.
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by worksmart(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
Don't waste money converting your vehicle, Bola the virus hiked fuel prices he would also hike gas prices later and collect the money you spent converting your car.

Beside the gas is toxic to health and is reason most countries are not using it in their vehicles.

Bola Virus is tax, tax is Bola Virus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by finni(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2023
Just like we the world don't know of your existence.

greatiyk4u:
Always signing anything them give an

Are you aware that Tinubu doesn't anything happening in his government?
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by 00FFT00(m): 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
oyatz:
The NNPC has been carrying out a Pilot study of this initiative in partnership with NIPCO for over 5years in Benin City.

Spin doctor. The inadequate soothing balm Tinubu hopes to hoodwink Nigerians with ain't gonna to cut it. The problem with most of you is that you come to Nairaland and talk without knowledge of the caliber of the people you're talking with. I converted my first gas vehicle, an 8-cylinder because gas was not taxed at that time (Gas pressure, Tank specs, Range), therefore 65 percent cheaper than petrol.

Even at that, the conversion variant 95 percent of people chose was LPG, not CNG. There's a reason for that bias, which I do not have the time to go into at this time. If this is to become a good option for Nigeria, it has to be LPG and very specific and elaborate standardization blueprint worked out to police safety of lives. You also need to factor in the cost of conversion and amortization mileage.

What the foregoing means is that gas will not be for most people who will need to benefit from the reduced mobility cost, and certainly not for the current fleet of modern direct injection vehicles. Not on an affordable budget, anyway.

People must also be aware that gas burns at a higher temperature than petrol and does not possess the cooling properties contained in gasoline. The possibility that it will fry the valve seat of some engines sooner than later is a guarantee anyone can take to the bank. There's a reason it died a slow death in affluent European countries and is a no-option in the US.

As for Tinubu, the fact remains, Tinubu and his handlers are now only latching up to this in the aftermath of what is now proven to be his incompetence at managing our motor spirit price politics and, as an afterthought, resultant from Innoson's media appeal. I am also aware that vehicles have been running around Benin City on gas way before now, but a 1 to 1 national adaptation is another kettle of fish. This is simply too much of a drowning man's struggle.

Something tells me this will fail too.

2 Likes

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Okoroawusa: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Babaik: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
Emilokon.
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by EdmundOtu: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2023
Ojay
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by commoditiesnig: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
naptu2:
Presidency Nigeria @NGRPresident

https://twitter.com/NGRPresident/status/1692573521401069719
Good initiative.. let's have alternative sources to petrol

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by AareGaa: 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
00FFT00:
Slogans!
They rushed out with this after watching Innoson's Arise news interview. Tinubu is empty, uninspiring, and completely incompetent.

Nobody will buy those China made vehicles from innonson.
Tell your south east governors to patronise the substandard BAIC Motors from China
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Ahigbo1: 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
Any avenues to syphon funds, that's the only interest of this presidency.

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by deleo16(m): 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2023

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by 00FFT00(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
AareGaa:

Nobody will buy those China made vehicles from innonson.
Tell your south east governors to patronise the substandard BAIC Motors from China

Tell me, with hundreds of universities and polytechnics, has Nigeria until date manufactured even a 2-stroke engine?. If your answer is not yes, then you urgently need to hush.

2 Likes

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by torqque7(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
GoodGovernance:
So who would buy Dangote petrol?
Just asking... angry
Good question..
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by AareGaa: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2023
GoodGovernance:
So who would buy Dangote petrol?
Just asking... angry

CNG is easy as they are portraying it, otherwise most vehicles in the USA would have been using it.
For instance, those transporters that ply inter states are ruled out because CNG is not for long distance travels.

BRT buses that move within a state can use it.
At the end, most vehicles will still be on petrol
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by LAFOCUZY: 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
naptu2:
Presidency Nigeria @NGRPresident

https://twitter.com/NGRPresident/status/1692573521401069719

Sounds good but yet another public opinion management message and nothing more

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Leo81(m): 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
JaredH:
I love tinubu cool

I hate that igbo man called Peter obi with passion..

he will never see asorock chair till he dies
You love Tinubu the drug lord, and you hate Peter Obi.....
Hahahaha...
Why the hate, till u die, u will never reach the level of that man, if he is divided into 1000 places....
You love the thief and drug baron with eyes like owl...
Continue.....
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Obakoolex(m): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
If a CNG vehicle is involved in a head on collision what will happen?

What is the impact compared with petrol cars and electric cars?
You reason well.... nobody is thinking or talking in this direction

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
Alliswell248:

Ipob miscreants aka Emergency lovers of Nigeria must wail.
Wailing dey una dna....
e dey ur mama DNA too..
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by magzey: 12:26am On Aug 19, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
If a CNG vehicle is involved in a head on collision what will happen?

What is the impact compared with petrol cars and electric cars?
Buy a CNG car and test the collision ,tell us your experience grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by ivandragon: 3:12am On Aug 19, 2023
On the surface, this looks good. But does it really address the root problem(s)?

CNG is cheaper now because there is no high demand. What happens when every one switches to CNG, including the neighbouring countries that the FG said made subsidy on pms unsustainable?

What happens when those countries start smuggling the 'cheaper' alternative?

What now happens when CNG prices start rising to meet up with PMS levels?
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by oyeb15: 4:33am On Aug 19, 2023
It takes 7 hours to fuel cng cars while it takes 4min for such in petrol cars.

The reason is 'Compressed' natural gas.

1 Like

Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by AareGaa: 5:33am On Aug 19, 2023
00FFT00:

Tell me, with hundreds of universities and polytechnics, has Nigeria until date manufactured even a 2-stroke engine?. If your answer is not yes, then you urgently need to hush.

I don't care.

Those innonson vehicles are manufactured by BAIC Motors in China.
Innonson cannot manufacture a smallest component in a car.
He should stop lying to himself.
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by ojoblues2000: 6:19am On Aug 19, 2023
that's my our Presido. Both Mumu Obidient and sane Nigerians. BAT is our president. if you no gree, locate nearest transformer. i don't expect any positive respond from the OBINGO. whatever they wish BAT, shall be the portion of Obi and their father
Re: President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative by jahsharon: 7:19am On Aug 19, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:

Trying to apply anaesthesia after the tooth has been painfully extracted.
I will only applaud them when the anaesthesia starts working.

Una go cry tire since you have been cursed with negativity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri States How PDP Left Nigeria On May 29, 2015 As 1$ Approaches ₦500 / Why Buhari Suspended Trip To Zamfara – Reno Omokri / Bride Abandons Wedding For Nnpc Test? (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.