Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him (31006 Views)

Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. / President Buhari Attends Wedding Luncheon Of His Son, Yusuf (Photos) / Wike Mocks Amaechi, Says ‘I Taught Him A Lesson In Politics’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Morbeta11(m): 6:40am On Aug 21, 2023
Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him

Vice-President Kashim Shettima has described the ancient city of Ibadan, Oyo state capital, as home where he learned to turn everything that comes his way into opportunity.

Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him
Vice-President Kashim Shettima has described the ancient city of Ibadan, Oyo state capital, as home where he learned to turn everything that comes his way....

The wedding was between Ibukun Okunmadewa, the bride, and Obafemi Omitiran, the groom.

The bride, Ibukun, is the daughter of Prof. Folusho Okunmadewa, whom the Vice President described as “my beloved teacher”.

Shettima, who laced his speech with the lines from ‘Ibadan,’ a poem by one of Nigeria’s greatest poets, John Pepper Clark, said he was in Ibadan, not as a guest, but as a member of the bride’s family to receive guests at the wedding.

“So, I’m here to receive you as guests in this ancient city of memories. Ibadan is a home to me, a home that formed me and taught me to turn everything that comes my way into an opportunity.”

“This would not have been easy without the patience of my beloved teacher, Prof. Folusho Okunmadewa, whose daughter, Ibukun and her groom, Obafemi, we are here to celebrate as they embark on a beautiful journey of discovering the essence of life.”

The Vice President said the gathering for the wedding was not that of mere friends but a closely-knit family united by the traits of time, education and unbreakable bonds.

“As I look around this room, I’m not only reminded of a city that has woven its culture, values and aspirations deep into my being, but also of how fate has played a part in expanding relationships and families,” Shettima stated.

Extolling the virtues of the bride’s father, Prof. Okunmadewa, Vice President Shettima described him as “a beacon of wisdom and guidance for vast generation of scholars.

“I’m privileged to not only draw from this intellectual oasis of the University of Ibadan, but also to identify as a member of the family and as a qualified son of the soil.”

He said he knew how a father feels on a day that he is giving his daughter’s hand in marriage and prayed for the newly-wedded couple to deepen their love for each other.

“Giving away one’s daughter in marriage is one of the most profound bitter/sweet experiences in human existence.

“It is a reminder that life is a journey of luck, a journey of hope and a journey of change.

“But I have no doubt that you have instilled in Ibukun the moral discipline that she needs to carry on from this day, away from her first family. And I pray that her new life brings forth endless joy.”

Among dignitaries that attended the wedding reception were the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Adebayo Lawal; Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno and former Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole.

Others were the Country Representative of the World Bank in Nigeria, Shubham Chaudhuri and the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Prof. Kayode Adebowale.

Shettima also attended the wedding reception of Suliat Alli and Abdulqudus Okeowo at the University of Ibadan before returning to Abuja.

https://dailytrust.com/shettima-attends-wedding-of-teachers-daughter-speaks-on-what-ibadan-taught-him/

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by endsarrrs(f): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2023
Congratulations to the families.

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 21, 2023
Hard face but very soft and kindhearted , exactly just as I like them.
Vice president like no other

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by okeyumez(m): 6:45am On Aug 21, 2023
This is humility and expression of appreciation.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by WildChild00(m): 6:45am On Aug 21, 2023
cheesy
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by izuch(m): 6:46am On Aug 21, 2023
Good for them
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by africandollar: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2023
Make we no lie sha dis VP face can actually fry beans grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Flame333: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2023
Nonsense news when poverty full ground..

No turn around policy yet o..

Dey cruise why Nigeria dey hooze

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by realtestament(m): 6:46am On Aug 21, 2023
Una no dey happy for una family? Why u dey always bone😒

6 Likes

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by OgaBassy: 6:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Good
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by wittywriter: 6:47am On Aug 21, 2023
IconicR:

Dey play...

Wittyness

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Akonimohate12: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2023
Terrorist angry grin

4 Likes

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Messileo10000: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2023
IconicR:

Mumu grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by HeadNigga: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Formularcr7: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Yoruba is your friend

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Makunahatata: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Ibadan.. very peaceful town

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by okomile(f): 6:50am On Aug 21, 2023
VP, go to school of smiles and laughter ooooo grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Correct Shayo VP. If you know you know grin

1 Like

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Lalarsticlala: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2023
you come marriage you dey frawn face ..
Very yeye attitude

65 Likes

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by dareyking(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2023
grin
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Dozie32(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2023
Shettima the terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by Karlman: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2023
Meanwhile Ebola ain't gat no Teachers and no Classmates!
Dude is a Ghost!

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by pol23: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2023
IconicR:
congratulations
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by STEWpid(f): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2023
Chai..

You can't forget Ibadan if you ever lived there.

Everybody won die there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by NaughtyBrainiac: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2023
It is a reminder that life is a journey of luck, a journey of hope and a journey of change - Shettima 2023

Why this man no like to dey smile grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by nkemoma(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2023
Bokoboy
Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by NutritionGuru: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2023
Many great unprecedented Lessons have been learnt this Year. Shetima is truly a good Kanuri Hausa Man(not Fualni). Many didn't understand that he went closer into the Fulani BokoHaram and Herdmen People, in what seemed to be encouragement of them then, because that is the only way to Demystify them and know all their Secrets. Being real indigenous Nigerian like Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, etc he is not a fool that would have still wanted being a slave to be used by Fualnis for continued Enslavement and massive killing of his People.

Look at the way he partnered with Tinubu to frustrate the Secret Plans of armed-to-teeth BokoHaram and Bandits massively Settled Nationally in our Forests with their satanic Plan of wanting to force another Fualni on Nigeria through Brutal nationwide bloodshed during the Electroral Process.

Also, Ribadu has proven that not all Fulanis are wicked, he is a great Proof that many Fulanis are truly kind in heart, he made me to look more into Islam and I found out that many Fualni Muslims and majority of Muslims love Humanity and Respect the Sanctity of Human Life, most would never shed anyone blood just because of difference in Religious Beliefs, and would never Protect those with innocent Blood on their hands. Truly a new Dawn of Joy, Greatness and Development has come for all Nigerians. We thank GOD ALMIGHTY for President Bola Tinubu's Egalitarian Administration, now we know that all Nigerians are equal and no one has Right to take Life of another. Congratulations to all Nigerians!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by juvewalex(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2023
This man face na military personnel face grin

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by complexstuffs(m): 6:53am On Aug 21, 2023
endsarrrs:
Congratulations to the families.

Please o, can President Tinubu show us any of his teachers, classmate, just anyone. Home & abroad? sad

Can 3rd class Bitter Obi show us his certificate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima Attends Wedding Of Teacher’s Daughter, Speaks On What Ibadan Taught Him by jegaxe(m): 6:53am On Aug 21, 2023
This man hardly smiles

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AfDB: Why My Detractors Are After Me – Adesina / DSS Opts For Propaganda Against Igboho, Kanu - The Nation / Saraki At Dino Melaye's Sister's Wedding - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.