Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r (7712 Views)

Help! My Audi A4 Takes Too Much Fuel!! / PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 / My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2012
@ Diplenty: Could you please confirm the engine type? You state it's a 1,8T 20V ADR. 1,8T would suggest it's turbocharged, (150 bhp) which doesn't tie in with the engine code ADR, which is the 1,8 20V non-turbo (125 bhp). The 1,8T 20V would have the engine code AEB.

If we can clear this up, then we can take the next step in resolving the issues with your car.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thanks Mr Sienna,will definitely let you know when I change my tyres.I appreciate.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 15, 2012
@ Diplenty: In the interest of not derailing this thread, could you please re-post your queries in The Audi Volkswagen Issues Resolution thread (link posted below):

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=810561.msg9964448#msg9964448

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
Hi Mr Sienna,few weeks ago my car wouldn't move fast,it wld drag on d road n when one presses the throttle it wld jerk.the gears were not changing apart from 1-2.I then took it for a scan like I told u in my previous messages,t was scanned and the error codes were removed and to my surprise,everything was perfect again/working fine.Sir,was this a misfire? Will such a problem re-occur in future? Pls advise me Sir,thanks.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hi Mr Sienna,few weeks ago my car wouldn't move fast,it wld drag on d road n when one presses the throttle it wld jerk.the gears were not changing apart from 1-2.I then took it for a scan like I told u in my previous messages,t was scanned and the error codes were removed and to my surprise,everything was perfect again/working fine.Sir,was this a misfire? Will such a problem re-occur in future? Pls advise me Sir,thanks.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by queensmith: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
apologies if this is a dumb question sienna do u sell cars?
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2012
queensmith:

apologies if this is a dumb question sienna do u sell cars?

There's nothing dumb about your question, Queensmith, so nothing to apologise for. smiley And to answer your question, no, I don't sell cars. smiley
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2012
Hi MR Sienna,I av an audi A6 1999 quarttro and am actually thinking of having the alloy wheels changed from 16 to either 17/18. If I eventually change it will this make my car thirstier/high fuel consumption Pls advice me Sir,thanks and hope to hear from you.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2012
Mr Sienna,pls help. I own a 1999 audi a6 v6 quattro. When driving my car moves smoothly but when in hold up it starts jerking n dat continues for some time wit d check engine light blinking. If I decide to park n rest d car for about 30 mins,everything is normal agaim n wld drive smoothly until I encounter another hold up. What could be d cause of dis? Wld appreciate ur response.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
elviszzz: Hi MR Sienna,I av an audi A6 1999 quarttro and am actually thinking of having the alloy wheels changed from 16 to either 17/18. If I eventually change it will this make my car thirstier/high fuel consumption Pls advice me Sir,thanks and hope to hear from you.

Sorry, I've only just spotted this.

Your car with 7"x16" wheels will be running 205/55x16 rubber. Overall diameter is 24,88" (632mm).

17 / 18" wheels were Audi options, so shouldn't present any problems. Tyre selection is critical though, you need to keep the overall diameter the same, or close to stock. So your wheel and tyre combination should be as shown below:

7,5"x17" wheel, running 225/45x17 tyres. Overall diameter is 24,97" (634mm).
8,0"x18" wheel, running 225/40/18 tyres. Overall diameter is 25,09" (637mm).

With your model, the importance of running all wheels / tyres the same size is VERY important, and cannot be over stressed. Serious damage to your drivetrain will occur, if you mix different sizes. All 4 wheel / tyre combinations must NOT vary.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
elviszzz: Mr Sienna,pls help. I own a 1999 audi a6 v6 quattro. When driving my car moves smoothly but when in hold up it starts jerking n dat continues for some time wit d check engine light blinking. If I decide to park n rest d car for about 30 mins,everything is normal agaim n wld drive smoothly until I encounter another hold up. What could be d cause of dis? Wld appreciate ur response.

Have you had an engine scan? Since your CEL is blinking, that's your first step. You shouldn't be driving a car with a CEL, worse when you don't know what the fault is.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
thanks Mr Sienna,the check engine light only displays when the car is jerking,when d jerking stops after the car must have cooled down d cel light doesn't come up again until another traffic.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
elviszzz: thanks Mr Sienna,the check engine light only displays when the car is jerking,when d jerking stops after the car must have cooled down d cel light doesn't come up again until another traffic.

It still indicates a fault, and MUST be looked into, and any rectification work carried out. And a car being driven with a misfire is bad news, it should NOT be driven, until the fault has been rectified.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
Siena:

It still indicates a fault, and MUST be looked into, and any rectification work carried out. And a car being driven with a misfire is bad news, it should NOT be driven, until the fault has been rectified.
Thanks Mr Sienna,will have a scan asap.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 2:06am On Nov 01, 2012
Siena:

Hi Mr Sienna,had my car scanned and all dtc's. Had to change the plug cable since one of them was malfunctioning. The car moves like a new now,thanks bro.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by elviszzz: 2:08am On Nov 01, 2012
Siena:

Hi Mr Sienna,had my car scanned and all dtc's cleared. Had to change all of d six plug cable since one of them was malfunctioning causing d car to jerk. The car moves like a new now,thanks bro.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by mudiagaogbivwie(m): 6:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Pls can anybody recommend a very good Audi A6 mechanic in Benin city for me
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by captalex(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
Siena: Audi A6 C5 2,8 V6 30V Quattro Tip.

The most important maintenance item is the timing belt. If it breaks in service, you're looking at heart-stopping bills, in parts and labour. Bent valves, and possibly piston crown damage, depending on how fast you were going when the belt broke.

When replacing the timing belt, everything the belt drives MUST be replaced. In the 2,8 V6 30V engine, this includes:

01) Timing belt.
02) Timing belt tensioner (hydraulic).
03) Timing belt idler / relay pulley.
04) Water pump.

It is imperative the items listed above are replaced at the same time. It is pointless replacing just the belt. If the water pump seizes, it will bust the teeth of the belt, resulting in catastrophic engine damage. The same goes for the tensioner roller, and idler.

Replacement interval is every 60,000 miles or 5 years, whichever occurs first. When I purchase a car, the timing belt and associated parts are the first things I replace, if the previous owner can't satisfy me they've been done. The rule of thumb is to assume they need doing, and get them sorted ASAP. No if's, no but's. A timing belt can last well over 120,000 miles, but you're on borrowed time at this mileage, so cut corners, and ignore at your own peril.

Is there a way to check if the timing belts' been worked on Siena . Spotted a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T over the weekend with 177K miles on it but the dealer said he doesn't have an idea on the timing belt issue peculiar to Audis. Any other things i need to look out for on this little beast. the VIN is : waulc68e93a153074 by the way.
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by realmexy: 12:18am On Feb 04, 2015
@Siena, I've been a secret admirer for years and your posts here helps me alot. i run a 98 A6 2.8 quattro, 237k mileage, with no major complains but now I need original parts e.g, Valve cover gasket sets, OE stabilizer linkages.
Also, I NEED A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO SERVICE MY TRANNY. I'm a DIY freak ...I don't pay mechanics, I've done my throttle/valve body engine vacuum hose maintenance and so many other ...but I think the tranny is fragile.
please send it to me via email; realmexy@gmail.com
thanks
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by alex252ab: 7:32am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello. Sienna
Please, I need you to refer me me to a competent audi mechanic for my engine. I need to replace it with another engine. Please, I need your urgent attention.
Thanks. Am base is lagos
Re: How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r by XerXesNG(m): 10:08am On Mar 26, 2015
realmexy:
@Siena, I've been a secret admirer for years and your posts here helps me alot. i run a 98 A6 2.8 quattro, 237k mileage, with no major complains but now I need original parts e.g, Valve cover gasket sets, OE stabilizer linkages.
Also, I NEED A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO SERVICE MY TRANNY. I'm a DIY freak ...I don't pay mechanics, I've done my throttle/valve body engine vacuum hose maintenance and so many other ...but I think the tranny is fragile.
please send it to me via email; realmexy@gmail.com
thanks

Hi have you done it yet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Injuries Car Airbags Can Cause If They Deploy / Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel / Evidence INNOSON Vehicles Are Made In China. Pixs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.