Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days (49285 Views)

Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion / Woman Wakes Her Husband Up With N500k On His Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Dennisochampa: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
Procashtips:

Why is she feeling guilty if what she narrated is the absolute truth?

How come it was police station straight she went to?
They dont have friends?
Relatives?
Parents?
Neighbors?
Even church/mosque members (clergymen)?

She feels guilty because she's the actual oppressor in the home and used this to her advantage.

This I am 80% sure of.

It's every tendency that 80% of what she wrote here are lies.

..... How do u know she's not telling the truth? Do you live with them?
What will friends and family do to a violent man that will make him change his ways?
Did he not see his so called friends and family to talk sense into him before he went about drinking and destroying her properties?
Like I stated, if what she said is the truth, which I think it is, then she even Bleep up as she no allow am sleep there for one month.
If he's truly depressed, he should hustle and pray hard, not frustrate the efforts of his wife to provide for the home.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by royalfly(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:

I have never ever nortured such thought.. I have endured countless insults and provocations..

What else could I have done.. ? Like I said I regret my actions but I just wished he had never touched me or raising his hands to the kids.. saying he doesn't even know if the kids were his.. since he lost his job it has been one issue to another.. but I try to see through his eyes .. to understand what he is going through..

I do not have excuse for my actions.. I just need a solution

Thanks for your contributions anyways

Once again I respect you. If I were ur husband I would forgive u easily. The heart is not like the mouth, it cannot talk, but truly the hearts speaks more than the mouth and I hear ur heart not ur mouth. I pray God heals u all. He will get a job in a week, no matter how small, tell him to take it. He will rise. This is is a sincere prayer from my heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Styluss: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Are you married?

Samantha124:
I'm sorry to say this, but your husband is childish.

If he was my husband and he starts emotionally blackmailing me like that by refusing to leave those police cells... I was going to leave him there until the police kick him out, or until he decides to leave.

As long as I'd have apologized to him and explained the reason why I got him arrested, I'd have left him there with his childish tantrums.

Maybe it's because I don't tolerate nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Inobeyourmate: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
You arrested and lucked up your husband for 2 days? No one is dumb here ma. No right thinking woman just suddenly locks up her husband. Was there food in the kitchen for him when he came home? Did you cook for yourself and just the children?

There are other crises resolution and mediation channels available to resolve issues within spouses. Did you explore any of them?

You most probably had nurtured this thought of locking your husband up for a while. You also most probably have mocked him in your actions and your words.

Madam, you don buy market o! I assure you of this, your husband will never forgive you. The day that man gets a job and finds his feet you will be the one begging for divorce.

I am not making excuses for him. Your husband is going through serious depression. No man wants to not be able to provide for his family. The present economy doesn't help at all. You could have handled the situation better.
You be MUMU, and nah mumus like you dey like the rubbish you wrote, imagine, person wey dem suppose lock up for two good weeks, the way some males dey reason here sef, Una no fit to become family man oh, oga, next time you write this kind rubbish for here, I go deck you 2by4, mumu 😏😏😏😏

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
checky619:
The moment you locked up your “Husband” you already signed your divorce form.. I’m surprised how you’re comfortable sleeping in the same house with himdo you know things that went through his head all night in the cell?? Or you think Nigeria police station is a place where you can sleep and wake up like hotel…. Your husband is a useless man for raising his hands on you and you’ve lost a useless man so carry your kids and leave the house!

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Diddycsbsb: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
You did very well by arresting him because if you allow him he might beat you to coma or murder you out of mistake...

Now I will like to hear the part of your husband story,. I don't trust women,. They are evil and dangerous,. They can do you anything once you lost your job as a man.. They will Bleep all the fuckable ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Father4all: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

My husband lost his job two years ago and ever since he has been so reluctant on getting another.. not to brag but I can say I have been the one keeping the family going ever since the job incidence (not like I ever complained) .

What I noticed about him is he now drinks and smokes and he is always hissing (obviously he is not happy and I try to always console him just to elate his Spirit)

Fast forward to last two months.. I got back from work and I was very tired.. I had to go pick the kids from school , bathe them, feed them and to make matters worst I wasn't feeling too alright .. (when I got home he (my husband) wasn't at home)

When I was done with the kids and fixing the house I was so tired I thought to myself to take a lil nap that was how I slept off (and this was around 9pm) ..

He got back around 10pm obviously drunk and smelling like a skunk.. he went straight to the kitchen. That was how the whole problem started.. first was insult.. then my phone, smashed it on the ground later my clothes he started tearing them .. saying all those things he was destroying was why I was feeling untouchable that he knows I have male friends sleeping with me..

I tried securing my items so he doesn't destroy more things that was how he pounced on me..

The next day I got him arrested he spent two days there.. but now I feel so guilty... He doesn't talk to me anymore.. I have apologized times without number

I don't just know what to do...

Nb: even while he was there I was still taking food to him
you are a bad woman. What make you lock him for a whole two days? What are you trying to prove?

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Procashtips(m): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
if we don't believe everything she said at least you and i know some men are violence in marriage by hitting their wives.

Did you bother to ask questions before believing her?

Do you know how many men are in jail for made up lies against them by women?

Why do fellow men jump to believe women on the spot?

Una no dey learn?

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Amumaigwe: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
OP, you did nothing wrong and so have no reason to feel guilty at all. He attacked and you had to defend yourself the best way you know to. He needs to process what he did and what resulted in order to realize how far he has fallen. Will he get back up and become the husband you once loved? That all depends on how he manages his ego, and it is not for you to help him with it. He needs to grow with this experience, on his own. Else, you will continue to manage his tantrums and attitude for a long time to come. I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone. undecided

This whack madam always dishing out whack relationship advice. Have you applied this kind of advice you litter NL with and it achieved you fulfilment and happiness? You exude so much bile and sadness; thankfully nobody takes you seriously here. I pray you find peace of mind before you go into depression.

4 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by ejimatic: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

My husband lost his job two years ago and ever since he has been so reluctant on getting another.. not to brag but I can say I have been the one keeping the family going ever since the job incidence (not like I ever complained) .

What I noticed about him is he now drinks and smokes and he is always hissing (obviously he is not happy and I try to always console him just to elate his Spirit)

Fast forward to last two months.. I got back from work and I was very tired.. I had to go pick the kids from school , bathe them, feed them and to make matters worst I wasn't feeling too alright .. (when I got home he (my husband) wasn't at home)

When I was done with the kids and fixing the house I was so tired I thought to myself to take a lil nap that was how I slept off (and this was around 9pm) ..

He got back around 10pm obviously drunk and smelling like a skunk.. he went straight to the kitchen. That was how the whole problem started.. first was insult.. then my phone, smashed it on the ground later my clothes he started tearing them .. saying all those things he was destroying was why I was feeling untouchable that he knows I have male friends sleeping with me..

I tried securing my items so he doesn't destroy more things that was how he pounced on me..

The next day I got him arrested he spent two days there.. but now I feel so guilty... He doesn't talk to me anymore.. I have apologized times without number

Congrats on putting yiur husband in the cell for two days! His children are also watching what yiu are doing.
The man lost his job and he is in depression now. The rigors of getting another job may even discourage him to look for it now.
Drunk out of depression you reported him to the police officer because of his supscion that are dating another man instead of finding a way if assisting him.
So you think he is happy now with the whole situation when he has to rely on you for everything for about two years?
Learn how to manage situations like thiis.The success of this family is in yiur hand now .
Beg him more and more till he forgives yiu.You have opened a wound in his heart and are creating a bad impression about yourself before his children.
You did not do well at all! He will forgive you.Beg him more!

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by advanceDNA: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:

Leave him let him vex joor.....he will come around... he deserves the arrest

He nor dey chop??If he's eating ur food, trust me ...he's not vexing...he's just forming.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Shinor(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

And he was eating the food......Wahala dey O
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
braine:
This marriage is over. Just wait till he is able to find his feet, then you'll know wassup. This is one of the many problems that men without money face. It is well.
Men without money turn into animals and attack their family members. Is that what you are saying? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by UnfairLife7(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Styluss:

Quick question
would you have arrested him if he was the breadwinner of your family even though he was drunk and asulted you?

you think is all women that tolerate shit in marriage? Only neive women tolorate that

3 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Procashtips(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dennisochampa:
..... How do u know she's not telling the truth? Do you live with them?
What will friends and family do to a violent man that will make him change his ways?
Did he not see his so called friends and family to talk sense into him before he went about drinking and destroying her properties?
Like I stated, if what she said is the truth, which I think it is, then she even Bleep up as she no allow am sleep there for one month.
If he's truly depressed, he should hustle and pray hard, not frustrate the efforts of his wife to provide for the home.....

Read my comment again.

You believed her without asking a question but asking me series of questions instead, what does that make you?

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Karleb(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
The two of you should get out.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by galantjoe(m): 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
He deserved to be locked up. At least to cool his insolent behavior. No reasonable will destroy her wife properties

To start with. You should distance yourself from that guy before he kill you. Get another apartment and move there. Let him to his sorry self.

Your life and that of your kids are very important, so therefore secure it regardless.

4 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Hisincrease: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
trust me i understand what he's going through. I sincerely understand. I am not a married man but his condition isn't completely different from mine honestly. Or would you consider a graduate earning 20k with lots of dependants (old and young) gainfully employed? Did you know how unhappy and frustrated i am? I can't even had half of the money to myself. Would you expect me to hit my siblings or aged dependant because they're somewhat thorn on my flesh? Or i should be angry at them for giving birth to me in this harsh economy? Or you think they don't offend me in one way or the other? So destroying properties, getting drunk, hitting them will put an end to my worries right?

The worst that probably happened was that he returned home and met no food right? Was that the reason for all that actions? Do you know how many night I've gone to bed with empty stomach while my dependants had something to eat? Do you expect me to cut off their head for not keeping something down for me no matter how little?

I know you might want to say i am not married yet. I should get married first and all that. What makes you feel marriage will change who i am? Like marriage will suddenly make me a violence person?

I don't condole violence no matter the situation.

I agree with your submission.
But take this, marriage can definitely change you. Marriage can make you violent. It takes extra Grace to remain calm in extreme situations.

May God send us help in the days when our strength fail us.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
That man should've applied wisdom first, else he wouldn't have been behind bars.

His bruised ego isn't going to change the fact that right now he needs his wife more than his wife needs him.. It's not every woman that'll tolerate an unemployed drunk husband, but this woman has been doing it for the past two years.

If she leaves him now, he'll be living in the streets because she's currently the one paying all the bills, the least the man should do is own up to his mistakes and apologise instead of being childish by using emotional blackmail after breaking the woman's dishes and beating her up.
Gadgetmobil:

Very good advise...

That's if she'd have a Marriage to return to.

You'd have also figured that out too.

Not supporting any assault though but Wisdom is profitable to guide
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
There's nothing wrong with divorce if the marriage is not working out.
braine:

Well, I guess that would be the end of the marriage.. you'd be prepared to be divorced.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by occfx: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
if we don't believe everything she said at least you and i know some men are violence in marriage by hitting their wives.

Yes, but judging the guy from this story may be wrong. Its possible the frustrated man went to the kitchen, didn't find food, ask wife if she cooked and wife is busy on phone with a male friend. Depressed man got violent and smashed phone, wife reacted and he got physical. Wife called male friend, male friend called the police and depressed man was arrested. I may be wrong though but one sided story especially from the female is usually tell to claim victim.

4 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by braine(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
I see some ladies claiming law, they are right but in marriage, African marriage has law ever been used to settle right? No. Law comes in when thing has gone sour and beyond redemption. Op arresting her husband simply put a nail to the coffin. In Nigeria where police station is viewed as a thing of shame and a home for criminals grin. Op carry her husband go there go chilax and she wants everything to go back to normal. Lol please be realistic! Even the Oyinbo people in developed countries we are emulating go through counseling and therapy before carrying themselves to court. You want to jump procedure and except good results. We are Africans, until we get to a stage where sleeping in cell means the same as being in a correctional facility please think twice before you arrest your partner. It's the reason our mothers hardly report social issues like child rape because they know doing that means it is over (I'm not supporting it just stating a cause)

Op clearly did not prepare herself for the outcome of her actions. She has done it and apologized for it but I'd advice she watches her back. A man who destroys his wife properties acts on contempt and jealousy such man with a bruised ego is dangerous. I will suggest Op threads with caution and watch her back. If I may, I will suggest separation.

Am I saying this marriage is gone? I'm not God. Miracle no dey tire Jesus.

Call a spade by its name. The marriage is gone.

4 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Procashtips(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
ORIAYO70:

My dear Chief Justice I never judge, what I said in summary is, losing job is not an excuse to be tipsy or become drunk...

We can feed woman 200yrs if woman feed u 2days u r in soup. But the beating side is No.

I didn't even lay any verdict in the comment you quoted, so the role of chief justice goes to you that already condemned the man.

How are you sure he was truly drunk?
How did you know he actually beat her?

Seems you have not been framed before by a woman.

Hopefully you don't end up in such a situation.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
I don't know.. smiley smiley smiley
Styluss:
Are you married?

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Beverlyjean(f): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:

Thanks so much for this

Always understand that after said and done , all advising u will not be there when the repercussions start... ur inlaws already will have their reservations today's u , so as his friends ... I am a married woman and this is not good .... this is really bad... the children are the ones I pity, they will never experience a home again

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by cutesharon(f): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
What if he had pushed her and she hit her head and died? Would we be saying he is depressed? Why making excuses for his lost senses?

No one likes to be in his situation but that does not mean you should destroy the esteem of the woman working to still make him feel relevant. African men need to do better and stop thinking their wives are harlot for being successful.
What stops him from making the home front okay and also cook while she works. Is she not human too? Anyways to each their own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Procashtips(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
jobless for 2 years? He is obviously reluctant to get something doing or too selective/picky

The problem i have with some of you guys is that you know what is wrong and right. If you're in Nigeria, some of you do abnormal but the moment you get to Murtala international airport, you behave decently

Anyway only neive women tolorate you guys rubbish

A man earning 500k and dropping 200k for feeding before losing his job suddenly start dropping 50k at home. What do you think most woman would say about him?

Will they ever say he's working or dropping anything at home?

Experience never teach you things o.

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by lawrenzooo: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
wunmi590:

Aunty, I'm a man, I've no pity for your husband, he has lost his job for 2years, and he still has money to smoke and drink around, without supporting you..

That's unwise and selfish of him, and untop of that, he still beats you, because of what, he needs to stay there for 1 full month...

This present time is when he should be useful to you when he has no job, knowing fully well that you tried your best to cater for the family....

Please pick him up again and send him to police 🚔 cell for the second time...
If you go to a bear parlour sometimes you don't need money to get a drink. There is always that journey good fellow ready to you a drink.

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by braine(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
emmeyen:
For every man that decided to attack a scared woman who probably did the only thing she thought was right after being beaten and humiliated by a drunk man, you people are simply mad! As in raving mad! May the likes of OP's husband befall your siblings or daughters. If you don't have money as a man, have good character. You cannot lack both and be shouting bruised ego. God punish that ego that will make you raise your hand on an hardworking woman who decided to take up the responsibilities of the home. And it's because she is doing it well, that's why he has the guts to go and drink. Nobody is advising that woman to run from the monster her husband has become till he is back to his senses. The he-goats are busy claiming she denied him sex. When he comes back smelling like a hippo after drinking, what is she supposed to do? Take her bath and lie down for him to climb?

Madam! Do you have male relatives? Put them in the know of who your husband has become, let them come and warn him not to raise his hands on you again. And be on the look out, if he doesn't change, biko carry your things and leave before he kills you and start blaming the devil. Stop feeling guilty. Else he will capitalise on that guilt and bring more drama. If he has ego, he should go and work! even if na to carry blocks for head. Real men work to provide for their family. Not going about sulking and beating their wives.

This is no longer necessary. The man won't do anything for/to her. The marriage is dead now, so no need for further drama.

5 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by DavidTech23(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

You didn't tell us what you said to warrant the phone smashing

2 Likes

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
If you're comfortable with your husband breaking your dishes and beating you up like a punching bag, then who am I to judge?
Beverlyjean:

Women like u give evil advice ... people should avoid women like u
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by extol1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
I doubt so
darealez:
are you married?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend Because He Took His Daughter Out For Christmas / Married Ex / Please Parent Know This And Be Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.