Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation (16976 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Abuja As Marketers Shut Stations / Fuel Scarcity May Worsen As Marketers Threaten Strike / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2023
foleskay:
undecided
Nobody can tell me government is not paying subsidy. They re still paying,if not the price would have gone up to like 800, because of their so called ''market forces''. Awon werey.

I wonder what's d big deal in paying subsidy for fuel asif other countries don't pay one subsidy or d other for their citizens.

US govt pay subsidy on fuel,food and energy. Wat subsidy are we ejoying as Nigerians
. Not even food subsidy, we pay to fix everything. We pay for our our security,owo odẹ,pay to construct our own bore hole,pay to fix transformers,pay to fix electric pole,pay high price for food. So wat benefit do I enjoy from govt as a Nigerian. Ijoba ma sofo ni angry
That's why I didn't get it when I saw some people here giving their full support to petrol subsidy removal. I'm sure it is becoming clearer to some of them that this policy is nothing but economic suicide mission.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by dannyspeejay(m): 9:15am On Aug 24, 2023
how many years are we going to wait until you fix this country..... grin
sharpally - young jonn

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by wirinet(m): 9:16am On Aug 24, 2023
maasoap:

That's why I didn't get it when I saw some people here giving their full support to petrol subsidy removal. I'm sure it is becoming clearer to some of them that this policy is nothing but economic suicide mission.

It's either got to do with selfish self interest or primordial sentiments such as tribalism, religious affiliation or political correctness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by symbianDON(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2023
foleskay:
undecided
Nobody can tell me government is not paying subsidy. They re still paying,if not the price would have gone up to like 800, because of their so called ''market forces''. Awon werey.

I wonder what's d big deal in paying subsidy for fuel asif other countries don't pay one subsidy or d other for their citizens.

US govt pay subsidy on fuel,food and energy. Wat subsidy are we ejoying as Nigerians. Not even food subsidy, we pay to fix everything. We pay for our our security,owo odẹ,pay to construct our own bore hole,pay to fix transformers,pay to fix electric pole,pay high price for food. So wat benefit do I enjoy from govt as a Nigerian. Ijoba ma sofo ni angry
you are very correct! I share exactly same reasoning as you. There's actually NOTHING the ordinary Nigerian benefits from government except petrol subsidy.....moreso, there's absolutely nothing wrong in paying subsidy since other countries do same. The problem the government ought be addressing is the corruption in the subsidy payments. Removing the subsidy because of corruption associated with it is similar to throwing the baby away with the bath water because the baby is troublesome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm.
This Ipman are our problems! Self centered ppl
Now they wana frustrate the Government and the masses! Who ever is found hoarding fuel should be sanctioned and product confiscated!
They need to cooperate with FG to make things easy this hard times, not pursuing GAINS!

I would have given ur write up second thought, but at the bolded made me not.
Get the Fact bro! TINUBU DIDN'T REMOVE SUBSIDY, PMB did.. they didn't pass the Budget at all, hopefully who ever won ELECTION would have inherited it!
Let leave Blame games!

You be confirmed mumu. You never heard of supplementary budget? You talk of governance as if it is rocket science.
PMB paid petrol subsidy for his 8 year tenure, he didn't announce petrol subsidy removal.
Petrol subsidy provided for by Buhari was to end in June but this useless Tinubu couldn't even wait till June ending before he announced something that was not even in his presidential acceptance message. As a result of that, he threw Nigerians and our economy into panic and free fall. Marketers made huge and undeserved profits for a whole month!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation favor me and my family
Amin, Aseeeee!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by skywalker240(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2023
Realguyman1:
Bro Ipman is not our problems now but Tinubu. Nothing is new to us in this country again, corruption has been there right from the foundation of this country and it has always been fighting the country from time.

There was a reason that previous governments couldn't remove subsidies,since Tinubu think he has the balls to do it, he should have made plan on how to manage it after removing it, especially the nnpc and Ipman bodies.

Sincerely speaking bro, Tinubu don't know what he is doing.
Gbam enough said 😎

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2023
Make Una carry People go beg BUHARI make Baba forgive all of Una.

Now you can all see Baba still Had some form of Sympathy in his Heart.

Hehehe You see that ogbeni you people Elected Hehehehe. I was born and breed and lived in Lagos for good 25Years and i am a Full Blooded Indegene. Let me laugh once more Hehehehegrin

Wetin una eyes go see ehn, Una mouth no go fit talk amgrin
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by skywalker240(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2023
maasoap:

You be confirmed mumu. You never heard of supplementary budget? You talk of governance as if it is rocket science.
PMB paid petrol subsidy for his 8 year tenure, he didn't announce petrol subsidy removal.
Petrol subsidy provided for by Buhari was to end in June but this useless Tinubu couldn't even wait till June ending before he announced something that was not even in his presidential acceptance message. As a result of that, he threw Nigerians and our economy into panic and free fall. Marketers made huge and undeserved profits for a whole month!
Tell the kid

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 24, 2023
maasoap:

Extreme Evil Beings are always Anxious to carry out their Plans and Activities.

I have never seen anywhere in the world where someone would be announcing a thing of Pains and Sorrows on his/her supposed celebration day.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by tamdun: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2023
aybabz101:

Are you saying that subsidy of PMS does not exist?......pls na early thursday morning be this...abeg
No mind am,he saw niger and Cameroon protesting over subsidy and he said it doesn't exist
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 24, 2023
Brendaniel:
When I tell Tinubu supporters that Tinubu and Fashola have proven that almost anybody can rule Lagos and they will call him a performer they think I'm just hating.....

The worst governors from every region might perform better than Tinubu as Lagos state governor

You got it perfectly.

Lagos is just like Barcelona FC then when you have Xavi, Iniesta and Messi at their Prime and Top Form.

Even without a Manager, These guys will comfortably win Trophies and perform excellently.

Gov Ambode was the one who Exposed them because of the Huge Amount Of Projects he Executed. If that Man had got the opportunity to rule for another four years, I can bet my two balls 70% of Lagos State Roads would have been TARRED by now.

Gov Ambode even said the Funds he spent was just a drop in an ocean from the Revenue and Coffers of Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by obiekunie01: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2023
clockwisereport:

Ahum choro ekpere

nwane! Nigeria n'onwenya choro ekpere n'ebum onu! grin
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2023
[quoteYin.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by nairalanda1(m): 9:55am On Aug 24, 2023
We've enjoyed an easy ride for 40 years...now the chickens have come home to roost. Subsidy removal has revealled we are a broke ass nation, who used subsidy to stop us from doing the real hard work we needed to get back on track.

And the thing is, APC is removing subsidy because they don't have money to loot no more. But as signs say....they may be paying subsidy bit by bit. And then, I won't be surprised if they bring it back.

Anyway, Nigerians want fuel to be N100 a liter without a thought as to how it should be paid for. The poor have to 'breathe' after all.

I wish them good luck.

(No longer responding to quotes on this subsidy matter.).
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by leokid866: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation favor me and my family
Oga NNPC Said they are not increasing their pump price, no one said others should not, it's currently a free market, if you're refusing to import and trying to create artificial scarcity that's on them....
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Realguyman1(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm.
Now they wana frustrate the Government and the masses! Who ever is found hoarding fuel should be sanctioned and product confiscated!
They need to cooperate with FG to make things easy this hard times, not pursuing GAINS!

Get the Fact bro! TINUBU DIDN'T REMOVE SUBSIDY, PMB did.. they didn't pass the Budget at all, hopefully who ever won ELECTION would have inherited it!
Let leave Blame games!
All this are all Tinubu arrangement bro. Why didn't Buhari pronounced the removal himself? Buhari government said it has subsidies fuel till june and Tinubu came and removed it in May. So which one is now Buhari that removed it? The june that Buhari said he paid for, where did the money went to?

If Tinubu have anything different from Buhari, the first thing he should have done was to set up a commitee to check into the nnpc and ipman activities to know what's on ground and how to manage it, and as well to quickly look into why Buhari should set the removal of subsidy just a month after he must have left office.

Saying that ipman is our problem is just to shift blames away from the real problem, which is the old man called Tinubu who doesn't know what he is doing.

Nor be today we done dey hear of corruption in the fuel subsidy regime or for the entire Nigeria at large. So Tinubu nor go say he nor dey aware say that corruption go must fight back if he removed the subsidy, so he supposed done prepare himself down on how to handle those elements incase them begin fight am when he removed the subsidy.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by leokid866: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2023
foleskay:
undecided

US govt pay subsidy on fuel,food and energy. Wat subsidy are we ejoying as Nigerians. Not even food subsidy, we pay to fix everything. We pay for our our security,owo odẹ,pay to construct our own bore hole,pay to fix transformers,pay to fix electric pole,pay high price for food. So wat benefit do I enjoy from govt as a Nigerian. Ijoba ma sofo ni angry
it's not bad to pay subsidy if you can afford it, but when you're using 92% of revenue to service debts and creditors begin to close in on your assets it becomes a foolish thought to continue paying fuel subsidy that is mainly enjoyed by other African countries

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by leokid866: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm.

Let leave Blame games!

A
Yo a compound Fool with with LEARNING DISABILITIES, so because TINUBU announced made him the Culprit?
And if e didn't announce marketers won't find out on getting to market following week which was June? Ode ni ę, na una make the obidient movement be like packs of loss wisdom.
Oga o
[s]As a result of that, he threw Nigerians and our economy into panic and free fall. [/s] like say na stone, aridin okunrin, o din din bale ile kan ni yi o. Ode omo
leave them, they don't read....for their mind na announcement wey Tinubu make carry fuel price up, forgetting Buhari has been saying it since last year......this year's budget did not even carry subsidy payments past the end of july....

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by tamdun: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2023
maasoap:

Yes,other countries are paying for subsidy,what other countries are not doing is pay their neighbors subsidy
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by adioolayi(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2023
Make dem continue to ration...

Despite the rationing...queues at gas stations are not that heavy...unlike before where slight hiccups would have lead to long-suffering queues grin cheesy

The answer is simple... because of the current high pump price, not everyone can afford high volume of PMS... majority of the people buying, just buy #5000 which is less than 10Litres and gerrout grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy.

Summarily, the supposed rationed fuel, is enough to meet demand grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by TemmyT002(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2023
Na Yahoo Boys and politicians dey enjoy Nigeria ass right get now.
Those are the illegals.
The legals are very rich businessmen and remote workers.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by owunabastard: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2023
maasoap:

This is what I have been saying in this forum, many Nigerians just follow the bandwagon because many people are supporting the removal without knowing the implications..... they also support. This is only thing the masses are getting from Nigeria government. Fight the corruption enmeshed in petroleum industry and not removing subsidy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
tamdun:

Yes,other countries are paying for subsidy, what other countries are not doing is pay their neighbors subsidy
Then, it is failure on the part of FG if they can't secure our borders and stop the smuggling of subsidised petrol. They shouldn't punish the masses for their own failure.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2023
owunabastard:
This is what I have been saying in this forum, many Nigerians just follow the bandwagon because many people are supporting the removal without knowing the implications..... they also support. This is only thing the masses are getting from Nigeria government. Fight the corruption enmeshed in petroleum industry and not removing subsidy

FG sold subsidy removal to us as solution and many people agreed. That wasn't solution but running away from the problem

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Extreme Evil Beings are always Anxious to carry out their Plans and Activities.

I have never seen anywhere in the world where someone would be announcing a thing of Pains and Sorrows on his/her supposed celebration day

Even when I heard about his announcement of the subsidy removal, I still didn't believe that he would see it through because I knew that if it was real, it was going to be a real disaster!
Fuel scarcity is looming unless marketers are told to continue selling at prevailing market prices or subsidy is brought back. You can't remove subsidy and be telling marketers to be supplying at a loss

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
wirinet:

It's either got to do with selfish self interest or primordial sentiments such as tribalism, religious affiliation or political correctness.
Or, may be ignorance
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Emmanuel602(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
UAObi:
Why is our refineries not working at full capacity 😔

Do you think the Europeans that refine our products for us will ever allow them to function?
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Yo a compound Fool with with LEARNING DISABILITIES, so because TINUBU announced made him the Culprit?

I don't blame you, you are such an ignorant being. You couldn't possibly know that Buhari's policy, orders, commands, decisions, power and authority ended May 29th, 2023. He's just a perfect scapegoat to the wicked Tinubu. But to you the ignorant zombie, it was Buhari's fault. grin grin grin

And if e didn't announce marketers won't find out on getting to market following week which was June?

June ending! You are not informed at all. SMH!

Ode ni ę,

Ode ni baba e!

na una make the obidient movement be like packs of loss wisdom.
Oga o

May be you should go and dig my past comments on Nairaland before May 29th, 2023 to know where I belonged before this frog eyes turned out to be a disaster.

like say na stone, aridin okunrin, o din din bale ile kan ni yi o. Ode omo
Baba nla ku baba e lo nba wi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Defeat Any Igala Candidate - Yahaya Bello / APC Crisis: Edo Caucus In NASS Backs Oshiomhole, Attacks Obaseki / President Buhari Tells Youths To End Street Protests, Dialogue With Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.