Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation (16979 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Abuja As Marketers Shut Stations / Fuel Scarcity May Worsen As Marketers Threaten Strike / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by MadeMan01(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2023
What intelligent person will remove subsidy without functioning local refinery?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by proeast(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2023
Tinubu is already paying subsidy secretly otherwise fuel price would have jumped again grin grin Naira can't be at 900/$ and fuel will remain at the price it was when naira was still 600/$.

The olodo claimed he has stopped subsidy on his first day, now he is paying it secretly.

Scam government grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by BrickDevo: 8:22am On Aug 24, 2023
MadeMan01:
What intelligent person will remove subsidy without functioning local refinery?
Only a dummy bro

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by kacheezy: 8:22am On Aug 24, 2023
Lack of transparency by the NNPC and government is the major issue. No one knows what is really going on.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by babamadiba(m): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2023
aybabz101:

Are you saying that subsidy of PMS does not exist?......pls na early thursday morning be this...abeg
leave the idiot. They have not really proved that there was subsidy and he once bought fuel for #200 before it went to 540 and now 617. Every just one to comment to get likes from their likes who see nothing good in anyone as long as it's not whom they support.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by SalamRushdie: 8:28am On Aug 24, 2023
arewafederation:
Govt pays subsidy, WAHALA... Govt removes subsidy, bigger WAHALA....

I tire for this country.... undecided

The people that inhabit this country are evil beings

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Jsucre(m): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2023
MrsTwrite:
This country has too many problems. I'm outta here. sad
to Niger

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by MrsTwrite(f): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2023
Jsucre:
to Niger

😂Abeg o...
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Mosba: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2023
Subsidy removed in a country where God blessed us with petrol yet no single working refinery, it's shameful to be a leader in this country.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2023
E go Favour me and my family and my neighbors on Nairaland! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by livebyday(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2023
jmoore:
Landing cost increasing
Forex wahala

And one corrupt NNPC boss Kyari is saying that local refinery won't bring down the cost of petrol.

The NNPC boss should be executed publicly with veto order
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by obiekunie01: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2023
clockwisereport:
Ike agwugom. Biko kedu onye ji number father Mbaka?

kedu ife iji number fada mbaka eme? undecided
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by crossbreedwears(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2023
During Tinubu and Fashola era as Governors, can you mention one or two Governor that out performed then during their time
Brendaniel:
When I tell Tinubu supporters that Tinubu and Fashola have proven that almost anybody can rule Lagos and they will call him a performer they think I'm just hating.....

The worst governors from every region might perform better than Tinubu as Lagos state governor
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by smileyoo: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2023
Brendaniel:
When I tell Tinubu supporters that Tinubu and Fashola have proven that almost anybody can rule Lagos and they will call him a performer they think I'm just hating.....

The worst governors from every region might perform better than Tinubu as Lagos state governor
bros. am beginning to believe this your assertion.
that president BAT didn't deviat from the usual paddy paddy system of appointments from the failed crop of politicians, and his recent adaption of ineffectual palliatives , as a policy trust, has proven that he really have nothing new to offer nigerians that can
change these ugly narratives.
we are in a long and turbulent ride with president BAT 's style of leadership , where the poor masses may not be breathing well.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by clockwisereport: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2023
obiekunie01:

kedu ife iji number fada mbaka eme? undecided

Ahum choro ekpere
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Realguyman1(m): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Hmm.
This Ipman are our problems! Self centered ppl
Now they wana frustrate the Government and the masses! Who ever is found hoarding fuel should be sanctioned and product confiscated!
They need to cooperate with FG to make things easy this hard times, not pursuing GAINS!
Bro Ipman is not our problems now but Tinubu. Nothing is new to us in this country again, corruption has been there right from the foundation of this country and it has always been fighting the country from time.

There was a reason that previous governments couldn't remove subsidies, since Tinubu thought he has the balls to do it, he should have made plan on how to manage it after removing it, especially that nnpc and Ipman bodies.

Sincerely speaking bro, Tinubu don't know what he is doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by jumper524(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2023
Obviously some bodies are hell bent in making sure subsidy returns.
I mean even though this report is pure false as no fuel shortage in any Abuja stations which I can confirm, some element are still sponsoring this reportage.

The naira didn't loose value so why the forceful negative speculation of making things hard?
Who dey sponsor these people sef??
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Brendaniel: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
During Tinubu and Fashola era as Governors, can you mention one or two Governor that out performed then during their time

That means you didn't get my message, Lagos normally without Tinubu and Fashola is richer that more than half of all the 36 states combined, so they have more resources at their disposal, The FG investment in Lagos alone is like 10:1 compared to most other states, that is if you mention 1 investment of the FG in Ondo state I will mention 10 in return in Lagos....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by wirinet(m): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2023
Tinubu's mission is to nuke the already fragile Nigerian economy. As of today, most small businesses are shutting down. The ones still opened have little or no Patronage. University of Ibadan is thinking of a 3 day working week for its staff. Even transporters are finding it hard as people either trek or stay at home. Is this the way to run an economy?

I shudder to think of what the Nigerian economy will be like and the consequent security challenges one year from now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Dayus04007(m): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2023
No one on this earth can fix this country.... believe me
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2023
Reporter: What is your take on this matter?
Ronu Ambassador: Toh!
Reporter: I beg your pardon?
Ronu Ambassador: I said Toh! Abi, is Toh not enough ni?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Kukutente23: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2023
LEADERSHIP recently reported that major petroleum products marketers and other independent traders which recently restarted importation of Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, (Petrol) after the federal government removed petrol subsidy had contemplated declining further importation.

We were informed by industry sources that a rise in the exchange rate had made the business unprofitable
This is what we have been saying. Nairalanda1 can see now that petrol business became unprofitable AFTER subsidy removal and not before.
Or is anyone still forcingthem to sell below production cost?
This should show you that it's not only price that determines profitability of a business.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by sam2023: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2023
No any palliative will work in nigeria because our govs are too greedy to implement no matter how much they are given. Only reduction of fuel money will ease the hardship but people are dying. If there will be election today tinubu will never think of winning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by wirinet(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2023
jumper524:
Obviously some bodies are hell bent in making sure subsidy returns.
I mean even though this report is pure false as no fuel shortage in any Abuja stations which I can confirm, some element are still sponsoring this reportage.

The naira didn't loose value so why the forceful negative speculation of making things hard?
Who dey sponsor these people sef??

The negative economic impact of removal of subsidy is far worse than the keeping it despite all the corruption associated with it. The problem of the subsidy regime was corruption and not the subsidy itself, afterall Nigeria was not the only country with a subsidy regime. Instead of Tinubu to fight corruption within the subsidy regime, he found it more convenient to fight the poor masses instead, because the beneficiary of the subsidy theft are his friends and political associates.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2023
It is expected. You removed petrol subsidy and said that you wanted forces of demand and supply to dictate the price, that you're no longer want to have anything to do with petrol prices. Now that naira is falling freely and uncontrollably everyday, you're now dictating to importers and marketers of petrol not to increase the price! Do you want them to be doing business at a loss?
It is very simple. It is either you pay subsidy or allow the market forces to be at play, you definitely can't have it both ways. Impossible!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Kukutente23: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Plenty govs outperformed Tinubu from 1999-2007
Stop buying the propaganda of his miscreants

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation favor me and my family
Boring. Senseless
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2023
ambale:

The fact remains the government have not really proven to us that there was subsidy in the first place

Cos are they saying they've been paying over 300% of the previous price to unknown entities as they say

Its all a mirage, they only want to make more money with it, now where's the plan even after three months

No one has been prosecuted for subsidy scam, we are in for a very long ride with this issue jere

Simple As ABC for the Intellects.

I have always said it that those Bvstards are making huge amount of money all round now. It's all well Planned. You could see he was too Anxious in announcing the removal of subsidy on inauguration day. No sensible reasonable being will do such thing.

Right now they are making Huge and Unimaginable Amount Of Money as subsidy have been removed.

You will be surprised to find out they are still allocating the Imaginary Subsidy Payments To Themselves.

Nigerians needs to go and do THANKSGIVING to Buhari. Believe me. They enjoyed Fuel Luxury for good Eight Years.

What they have at the Power Helm now is an Extreme Heartless Souless Demon.

It's a Win Win situation for them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Now Pays About ₦‎600 Billion Monthly For Fuel Subsidy - Rainoil CEO / I Didn’t Praise Jonathan’s Anti-corruption Style – Falana / Amosun Insists On Akinlade As Buhari Panel Visits Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.