Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation (16978 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Abuja As Marketers Shut Stations / Fuel Scarcity May Worsen As Marketers Threaten Strike / Fuel Price Hike Looms Nationwide As Marketers Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Shigobaba(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
The only thing we are enjoying from the government is fuel subsidy nothing more. Now they removed fuel subsidy, government is confused because of the hardship in the land and this government will divert the money to another thing that are meaningless.

Islie:

https://leadership.ng/petrol-stations-ration-fuel-as-marketers-shun-importation/
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Flame333: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2023
arewafederation:
Govt pays subsidy, WAHALA... Govt removes subsidy, bigger WAHALA....

I tire for this country.... undecided

What's going on is going to choke the country if not avoided as soon as possible because the president is trying create false picture that all is well but he seems to be confused lik^ Buhari..

He said there won't be increase in price but the dollar rate to import it has increased.. How does he expect marketers to import fuel at 770 per dollar and still sell at 620, very much impossible..

This president always allow sinking water inside the boat before bailing it..

Let's watch and see..

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by ivandragon: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
Rather than 'dash' N180b to governors who have a standing reputation for improvising the masses, why not invest it in technology & other efforts that curb the issues that made subsidy unsustainable in the first place.

With 2bn, Nigeria can get a good surveillance tactical drone. With 20bn, we can get 10 of those drones to enhance our border security against smuggling of pms...

Address issues at the source, don't paper up cracks.

The manner of the subsidy removal is fraudulent, thoughtless & a sign of government's failure to be responsible to its duties.

Two key reasons for removing fuel subsidy are smuggling & the corruption by a few.

Now, what the government should have done is;

1. Do more to secure the borders. Invest in technology tracking & surveillance systems. Sanction security officials through whose sectors fuel is smuggled out.

2. Go after the cabal in the fuel subsidy sector. The private & public characters involved must be made to answer for thier alleged crimes & the proceeds confisticated. They cannot be allowed to go scot-free with thier loot & Nigerians made to suffer.

Thier cases should be fast tracked.

3. Increase the price of fuel to 250-300 band. This will take a bit of pressure off government in the interim pending when it can fully sanitise the fuel subsidy regime. This price will still be affordable for majority of Nigerians without the need of providing Pallatives. Pallatives is a scam & looting avenue because there are no proper checks.

4. Review downwards associated costs/charges/taxes that add to the price of fuel in Nigeria. Tackle security bottlenecks & extortionists.

5. Immediately undertake a priority revamp of the refineries to get local production up to at least 70% in the first instance.

6. Institute a clear policy to encourage modular refineries & monitor thier development. Do same for gas initiatives.

7. The confiscated properties of fuel subsidy bandits should be invested in maintaining the refineries, supporting modular refineries, investing in tracking technology for smuggled fuel & paying for subsidies (if any).

8. Invest in a solid mortgage scheme. Not the peanuts & unrealistic nonsense we have now. If people can get good mortgages for houses, cars, electronics etc, it will greatly reduce corruption since it is easier to track spending & assets.

That subsidy should go is not the issue, but the process of its removal must be transparent, fair & well-thought-out.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
In as much as I've for long shun violence in me for some obvious reasons.. I wholeheartedly believe that a TRUE bloody revolution seems to be the only option left to savage this country.. NO LIE!

Don't quote or preach the usual gospel to me.. I've heard and had enough of it..

Just dissect the message and move on.

Wat a country.. Fvck it☹️
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Knetpro(m): 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by crossbreedwears(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
Mention them please sir
Kukutente23:

Plenty govs outperformed Tinubu from 1999-2007
Stop buying the propaganda of his miscreants
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by crossbreedwears(m): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yes Lagos is rich but if you elect a dumb person, he or she will still fail. It's just someone given an expose in an exam hall and still don't know what to write.
Brendaniel:

That means you didn't get my message, Lagos normally without Tinubu and Fashola is richer that more than half of all the 36 states combined, so they have more resources at their disposal, The FG investment in Lagos alone is like 10:1 compared to most other states, that is if you mention 1 investment of the FG in Ondo state I will mention 10 in return in Lagos....

Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Kukutente23: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Mention them please sir
Donald Duke
Musa Yaradua
Rabiu Kwankwaso
Abdullah Kure
Bisi Akande
Those are the ones I know for a fact performed far better than him.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by crossbreedwears(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
I agreed with Musa Yar'adua and Donald Duke, but the rest i disagree
Kukutente23:

Donald Duke
Musa Yaradua
Rabiu Kwankwaso
Abdullah Kure
Bisi Akande
Those are the ones I know for a fact performed far better than him.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Brendaniel: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Yes Lagos is rich but if you elect a dumb person, he or she will still fail. It's just someone given an expose in an exam hall and still don't know what to write.

Tinubu failed as Lagos state governor....
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by crossbreedwears(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lol lol lol. I hear you bro
Brendaniel:

Tinubu failed as Lagos state governor....
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Brendaniel: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Lol lol lol. I hear you bro

Did you experience his governance?
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by crossbreedwears(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
Of course
Brendaniel:

Did you experience his governance?
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Brendaniel: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Of course

Please tell me the condition of Oshodi, mushin, mile12, idi-oro, Ikeja under bridge and all the bridges in Lagos....
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Kukutente23: 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2023
crossbreedwears:
I agreed with Musa Yar'adua and Donald Duke, but the rest i disagree
You're free to if you don't know better.
But no qualms.
Since you agree with two, my earlier claim stands
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Munamu: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
UAObi:
Why is our refineries not working at full capacity 😔

because the govt needs dollar for other frivolous commitment. Supplying crude to home refineries will mean reduced dollar income, since Nigeria is a mono product exporting country.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by ambale(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2023
aybabz101:

Are you saying that subsidy of PMS does not exist?......pls na early thursday morning be this...abeg

Has it been proven? Yes or No? Cos until we see some of the marketers being prosecuted for the scam policy as your government said, theres no subsidy in my books
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by Vitally123: 6:25am On Aug 25, 2023
Please, when will they get things Right in this clime! Allow the poor to Breathe!
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by wirinet(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2023
ambale:

Has it been proven? Yes or No? Cos until we see some of the marketers being prosecuted for the scam policy as your government said, theres no subsidy in my books
Thank you for asking the pertinent question. If there is indeed a subsidy scam, where is the evidence? Who has been investigated for subsidy scam before we even start talking about prosecution?

Then the real question is "is there really subsidy"? The government told us that NNPC had a crude oil swap agreement with refineries abroad, whereby we give them crude and they give us fuel while they keep the other by-products, who is NNPC paying subsidy to again?
Nigeria will never make progress until we resolve the subsidy question of the last 20 years. Some people needs to be shot as restitution for the actrocities they have commited against our motherland.
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by ambale(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2023
wirinet:

Thank you for asking the pertinent question. If there is indeed a subsidy scam, where is the evidence? Who has been investigated for subsidy scam before we even start talking about prosecution?

Then the real question is "is there really subsidy"? The government told us that NNPC had a crude oil swap agreement with refineries abroad, whereby we give them crude and they give us fuel while they keep the other by-products, who is NNPC paying subsidy to again?
Nigeria will never make progress until we resolve the subsidy question of the last 20 years. Some people needs to be shot as restitution for the actrocities they have commited against our motherland.

Abi now, you just remove something and no proper audit, thats not how a good government runs now
Re: Petrol Stations Ration Fuel As Marketers Shun Importation by sulabu: 12:54am On Aug 27, 2023
[quote author=jmoore post=125321102]Landing cst increasing
Forex wahala
Oooooooooo[i][/iOoooooooooooo[i][/i][/i]o cryo cry[i][/i]9[i][/i] oooo the look cry oaoool
Ooooool
Oo

Lwaoooooooooo
Los
Ooaooowoaoooa Solomon I aoo9 9w99299#9)9

[i]
[/i][i][/iooooaolo
OOaooooAnd one corrupt NNPC boss Kyari is saying that local refinery won't bring down the cost of petrol. cry[i]
[/i][i] cry[/i][i][/i][i][/i][i][/i][i][/i][i][sub][/sub][/i][/q[i][/i][i][/i][i][/i][i][i][/i]uote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vessel With 566 Containers Berths At Onne Port / Fayose, Others Working To Kill Pdp —babatope / Shi'ite Members Write 'Tyrant Buhari' During El-Zakzaky Protest In Abuja (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.