Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? (6018 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / 10 Ways To Keep Your Relationship Happy / Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by phemnahs(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2011
Is it possible to have a "they live happily ever after" in a distant relationship? One partner being abroad and the other being in Nigeria. This is something that is affecting a lot of relationship, have caused broken homes, even depressions and worse suicide. Is it advisable to start one?
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by slimyem: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2011
i will NEVER be a part of any long distance relationship and i will NEVER advice it.(talking from experience).
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Basildon1(m): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem:

i will NEVER be a part of any long distance relationship and i will NEVER advice it.(talking from experience).
Thumbs up (from experience too)
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Nayah(f): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2011
Hello poster!  smiley

I've seen some distant relationships which have worked but to be honest, you will have to be brave, very patient and in love to bear that because many obstacles like the fact you can't see the person you love as you wish or temptations etc could become issues, but if you think you can do that just go but think serioously about it first
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by MMM2(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2011
op i dont believe in relationship angry
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by ebonyvibe(f): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nayah you love suffer o when they are easier ways you always chose the hardest life is too short to be unhappy o. i was once like you but you will change you will remember aunty ebony said so on NL.

@ poster yes you can live happily ever after in a long distance relationship but it will be SEPERATELY with one partner doing one thing and the other doing another cos that is the only happy ending you are going to get.

you will just chose to believe whatever story you are being told cos the alternative is to die young.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Basildon1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
ebonyvibe:

you will just chose to believe whatever story you are being told cos the alternative is to die young.
LOL!! First hand experience is priceless!!
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Nayah(f): 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
ebonyvibe:

Nayah you love suffer o when they are easier ways you always chose the hardest life is too short to be unhappy o. i was once like you but you will change you will remember aunty ebony said so on NL.

@ poster yes you can live happily ever after in a long distance relationship but it will be SEPERATELY with one partner doing one thing and the other doing another cos that is the only happy ending you are going to get.

Aunty Ebony, I'm grateful you worry about me but seriously there's nothing to worry about, trust me I know where my limits and people do where are theirs with me, I try not jugde people even though I disagree with them but all my decisions are thought and assumed
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by iice(f): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2011
The odds are pretty high that it won't work out. It's not for me though.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by blank(f): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
Mine did and we are now living happily ever after.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by sebastinta(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
mine did wink
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Ttoks: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
I dont advice people to be keeping distant relationship, it dont alwayz have a better ending, the best of weekend my pals
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by badmrkt(m): 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2011
i think for any comodity to retain it's valve it most be relatively scarce.
i think i'll give it a try if needs be.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by awardey(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
thanks again
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by BABE3: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
badmrkt:

i think for any comodity to retain it's valve it must be relatively scarce.

True. Human beings are not commodities though.  smiley

@ OP; Yes, it is possible.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nope and Never!!!
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by feelamong(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
Ijogz K:

Nope and Never!!!

It did not work cos There was no love from the beginning…….

See long distance in relationship is like fire and wind………, If the Fire is low and struggling then the wind would just put it out!

But if the Fire is already strong and wild the wind would help to spread it even more!!

Mine worked and we live happily since I came back to naija to start my buz at ASPANDA!
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by http(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
It does, depends on the couples involved, that is where trust, communication and understanding plays a very big role, wink
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Roland17(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
Its usually a difficult situation because its very sensitive, so many things tend to go wrong and if both parties end up together, the must be open and plain to each other about events that occurred. its a very difficult path to thread.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by moremi2008(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2011
It usually works if the couple has had some time together in the same country to build a solid foundation for their relationship and then a partner travels abroad. Otherwise, the foundation for long-distance relationships can be very weak. My uncle did it though and he has one of the happiest marriages I have ever seen (he was based in London and married a woman from his town after only a very brief initial meeting and a year or two of telephone courtship).
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by mikron(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2011
I honestly do not think so, my fiancee in delta state got herself pregnant for another man last year. So sad. @OP na so i see am.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Orikinla(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
Well, I have only had one long distance relationship in Nigeria. And it ended like a Nollywood home video. grin
But I still want to experience part two just for the fun of it, because I love the romantic adventures. Like running into armed robbers whilst going to visit the babe in another state.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by binigirl(f): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
@Poster: Long distant relationship na long thing( talking 4rm experience), but it might work 4 u sha, u jst need a lot of patience.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Sisiekoo: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2011
Not worth it… Talking from experience, you will drift apart unconsciously…, But if you both make the effort maybe… maybe not…
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by agentzakky(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
slimyem:

so immediately that situation arise in your relationship you call it quit? i suppose not.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Dyt(f): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2011
well well well
i tot i had lost him bt den he came back n we r happy as eva
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by SheRebel(f): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
feelamong:

It did not work cos There was no love from the beginning…….

See long distance in relationship is like fire and wind………, If the Fire is low and struggling then the wind would just put it out!

But if the Fire is already strong and wild the wind would help to spread it even more!!

Mine worked and we live happily since I came back to naija to start my buz at ASPANDA!

u nailed it all with those few sentenz

honestly mine didnt work . That was back then in Uni. duo  the dude was keeping in touch and all, it just didnt work cos he was distracted alot. I didnt i knw then or shld i say i neva knew he was keeping so many girls around. (I GUESS I WAS THE FOOL). Anyway he was the one telling mi about it eventually wen started staying in same country n state.  after then the PASSION n MAGIC  was no longer there. we still friends duo,
BUH IT MEAN I DONT BLIVE IN IT, I TOTALLY DO, BUH  DONT ASK MI WHY, COS I DONT KNW. LOL
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by HighChief4(m): 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
I am currently in one now and so far, so good
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
Hmmm! Well, its not easy at all but it can work. It almost ruined my life!
U have to be strong in other to make it work. Very,very hard! Konji go wan kill u. LOVE conquers all !!!!
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2011
Trust me, if the love is worth it, and you trust the person, you will not even open a thread. grin grin grin grin

Do you think good men/women come easily? If you have a good thing, hold on there whether far or near.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Agybabe(f): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
Presently i'm avin a distant relationship. It has nt been easy bt we r both working 2 keep it working. D challenges r jst too much bt we av 2 kip focused. Smtyms its difficult 2 trust each oda fully. Distant relationship works smtyms bt nt all tyms.
Re: Distant Relationship: Happy Ending? by Agybabe(f): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2011
Presently i'm avin a distant relationship. It has nt been easy bt we r both working 2 keep it working. D challenges r jst too much bt we av 2 kip focused. Smtyms its difficult 2 trust each oda fully. Distant relationship works smtyms bt nt all tyms.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Wants To Dump Me After Two Abortions / Top 5 Sexiest Miss Nairaland. Pics / She Always Says "Thank You" After Every Sexual Encounter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.