Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement (47600 Views)

Peter Obi's Wife Compares The South East With Sambisa Forest / Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG / Fashola Reacts After His Appointment As Minister Of Works & Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Laple0541(m): 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
This is the type of man the Igbos suppose to present to Nigeria as a competent and able candidate for the presidency not the one that the only achievement recorded under his administration for 8years was a barren brewery.

The man brilliantly good. We all saw what he did in small Ebonyi with little IGR, I wish him success.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Revolution2022:
I learnt that dangote cement is below 3k in other african countries.Wetin we do dangote?
my brother na tax oooo
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Microwhy: 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
No infrastructure and policy to stimulate local production. That's why everyone is importing because it's cheaper to import than produce here.

If you beg them to sell below their cost price and they say no, you make them the enemy of the country. That's the political culture here.

Ideally, you shouldn't beg anyone. Instead, you go and fix those factors that make local production expensive in Nigeria. That's what leaders do.

Outline three factors so that we can learn..
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Naruto87(m): 3:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
thedio:

https://www.thecable.ng/umahi-ill-speak-with-manufacturers-on-reducing-cement-prices/amp

This is amazing, it shows he wants growth and also want to ensure that atleats the contractors make profits... Everyone wins

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
Jamersirwin1971:

That's a lie. In Ghana dangote cement is 8k
ghanians will boycot the product because i dont think dangote cement enjoys monopoly in ghana.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
my brother na tax oooo
It is a lie.Dangote cement is enjoying monogoly and tax waiver.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by simmydare82(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dangote is Nigeria No1 problem, prior to the commencement of Obajana cement, we buy at 1,060 but since he opened his factory Wahala has come.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by omokab: 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
This guy is good
i told someone about given works to David umahi as the best I have ever seen . I am a Yoruba man but I worked in ebonyi for 5 years and backed to my state now. During my stay in ebonyi this man transform ebonyi from dust of the nation as it is been called to a better road state. He's the best for that job

4 Likes

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Forumobserver12(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
No infrastructure and policy to stimulate local production. That's why everyone is importing because it's cheaper to import than produce here.

If you beg them to sell below their cost price and they say no, you make them the enemy of the country. That's the political culture here.

Ideally, you shouldn't beg anyone. Instead, you go and fix those factors that make local production expensive in Nigeria. That's what leaders do.

I understand your rgument, however, I still wonder why Dangote will still sell his cement cheaper in countries like Ghana than Nigeria considering that he exports the same product from Nigeria to Ghana, so what's the economic logic?

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
happney65:

Cost of production is high here compared to other African countries

Shey you get light for here?
nigeria supply some of her neighbour electricity.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Bellotelli: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
b3llo:
Dangote is out to destroy Nigeria
It's not always the case. When you analyze the cost of production In Nigeria, particularly electricity, transportation, forex and multiple taxation, i believe you'll have a different opinion. The government should remove all these bottleneck in order to ease local manufacturers.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Judolisco(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
Revolution2022:
I learnt that dangote cement is below 3k in other african countries.Wetin we do dangote?
other African countries no get money now.... Na 9ja money dey.... Free money
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
happney65:

Cost of production is high here compared to other African countries

Shey you get light for here?
i also learnt it is cheaper in his home state and some northern region.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
Wainey:
tax, all those custom charges makes production expensive here in Nigeria
customs only collect tax on imported product.dangote cement is 100% made in nigeria.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by ceeceeuwa: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dangote group is the main problem of Nigeria.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Xmyno(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dagote, contributed contributed sovereign of this country. He always be the first to increase product cost ..now he's coming to hike fuel price for us. Evil man.
thedio:

https://www.thecable.ng/umahi-ill-speak-with-manufacturers-on-reducing-cement-prices/amp
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Xmyno(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
That's not true, are you telling me he pays less in Benin Republic where he sales 2.5k per bag of cement? The same thing in Ghana. Our corrupt government allowed him that's why.
Bellotelli:

It's not always the case. When you analyze the cost of production In Nigeria, particularly electricity, transportation, forex and multiple taxation, i believe you'll have a different opinion. The government should remove all these bottleneck in order to ease local manufacturers.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Dangote is a businessman. And he is doing anything to stay afloat. As a businessman I will do the same.
As a matte of fact, as a businessman I am do everything to cripple my competitors.

If the monopoly that dangote cement enjoys is broken the price of his cement will crashed.If other players are allow to import the product nobody will patronise his cement because of his capitalistic behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Successlane: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
…. “There is a need to use concrete technology. It’s going to make our roads last for a minimum of 50 years.”...…

If this is TRUE, then what are we waiting for again......
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Jackson619007: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
BreconHills:

Never mix political views with product marketing. Its a no no.

Who's rule or law is that, I don't care, i make my own rules.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
COMPAQ:

Lies. Dangote wasn't chased out of any Ghana. Dangote cement is available to buy
Thank you.He want to misinform us.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by haffaze777(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
olril17:

Gbogbo Iraan mi maa San ku ni
Amina yallah

Ko ri be ko se bee grin
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
Fiscus105:

Is it only cement that costs in ur country?

Did u ask urself why other things cost?

Or, he is the only one producing virtual everything in ur country?

I biliv u study a little bit of Economy....go back and study "production cost"

Meanwhile, u can also put it into practice by going into production......even if it's ordinary fish farm.....

I will expect you to do magic by selling your own 1kg of fish in #500.
if the border is open for importation and duties are reduced the prices of dangote cement,rice and other product will crash.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by gabbytabby: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Dangote suffers from the same problems bedevilling most businesses in Nigeria

1) Lack of infrastructure and utilities increasing cost.
2) Ha has to bribe every major party and everyone to get the resources he needs.
3) The dishonest and dishonourable conduct of the average Nigerian employee meant they almost ran his business aground and after changing management 3 times and same same he had to go abroad and pay salary, housing, travel in dollars and still able to make profit that he was not able when his management were Nigerians alone.

There is a cost to corruption and fraud in the Nigerian space and we all end up paying for it.

Nice2023:
Dangote is a monopolist and has no iota of pity for the poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by jayAjoku(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
He most definitely is That guy na better bastard
alizma:
I will not be surprised if that cement man is behind fuel price increase.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by BreconHills(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
Jackson619007:

Who's rule or law is that, I don't care, i make my own rules.

Sure and suffer the consequences.

I would never give a research or writing job or recommend anyone who already had strong political opinions. A research or writing expert must be known for their skills not for their opinions. Open mindedness aids the creative process. Even my children's lesson teachers or the staff teachers in my wife school dare not talk politics or religion. Its a dismissal point straight away.

If you do get jobs on this medium they will be low paying ones from desperate people who will talk down your pricing.

Just giving you a bit of friendly advice. A lot of you are falling into the same mistake.

But hey its your life.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by gabbytabby: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
Revolution2022:
if the border is open for importation and duties are reduced the prices of dangote cement,rice and other product will crash.

For importation so that we shift the employment abroad and our own youths become destitute how smart.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by gabbytabby: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
Usual lie lie from the liars.

Rich4god:

Same dangote that was chased out of Ghana because his cement is very expensive.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by gabbytabby: 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nigerians especially the ungrateful are out to destroy Nigerians.

Dangote is the few that dare to venture into the lions den and be a producer.

b3llo:
Dangote is out to destroy Nigeria
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Alejo2000: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
You are absolutely correct, i can say Dangote cement is cheaper in Senegal compare to Nigeria.
Revolution2022:
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by psucc(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Revolution2022:
Yes it is cheaper in neighbouring countries. Out leaders sold the cement industry to Dangote and lately, the petroleum sector.
Re: Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement by Fiscus105(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Revolution2022:

If border opens and the prices crash, what will happen to few remaining companies in the country that can't compete with foreign companies? If companies pack off completely in ur country, how would people in ur country get jobs?

Can govt in ur country provide jobs for everyone in ur country?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chuka Umunna Shows Off His Girlfriend For First Time (photos) / Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.