Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,342 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively (495 Views)

Reactions As Massively Curvy Pantless Lady Seduces Men, Bares Her Vagina / Man Staring At A Massively Curvy Lady’s Backside (Photo) / Massively Curvy Lady With Huge Backside Twerking. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by BigBashiru: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
I admit this is a wierd question. But something I've honesty wondered....In this day and age, I think not all marriages should be massively celebrated..
.only those marriages where the woman is employable and makes money and is close to a virgin should be celebrated....

I see no need to the big white wedding with wedding reception, another traditional wedding with ashoebi etc...what's all the celebration for? What exactly are we celebrating?? Maybe I'm wierd or something is wrong with me for thinking this way? Serious contributions only no trolls....
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by TimT: 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
It is not celebrated so massively as you put it...
There factors determine the extravagance of a wedding ceremony...
- The financial status of the groom/wife...
- Financial Status of the couple's parents and "Willingness to spend" it...
- Financial Status of the couple's committee of frnds....

Any of these three can make a wedding ceremony look lavish..

If none of these are present, the wedding will still hold, but it will be extremely low....
And in some cases, the couples may not be able to influence the size of the occasion... If the couples say no money, the parent can decide they want a big wedding for their children and goes ahead to lavish their money on it..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
Those who have had massively celebrated weddings should come and answer undecided
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Rokiat(f): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
I see no need I rather use the money and go on an expensive luxury honeymoon with my husband.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Sonnobax15(m): 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Paystack: 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rokiat:
I see no need I rather use the money and go on an expensive luxury honeymoon with my husband.

That's if any reasonable human marry ur type grin
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Godsongang: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rokiat:

quote author=Paystack post=125395545]

That's if any reasonable human marry ur type grin[/quote]

Lol. Very funny
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rokiat:

My husband will do both. A massive wedding and an expensive luxury honeymoon. He knows that I deserve even more.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Rokiat(f): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

My husband will do both. A massive wedding and an expensive luxury honeymoon. He knows that I deserve even more.

As he should but I don’t like big weddings so I am good. Do You though.
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rokiat:

As he should but I don’t like big weddings so I am good. Do You though.

I respect your choice. Fulfilment matters. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Lifeomann(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Most marriages with expensive weddings don't last.
Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by Nazgul: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
Aside from competition and show off which girls love and cherish so much, I don't see the need for an expensive wedding. Cos after few weeks everyone has forgotten about the event as their minds are occupied with more important things.

Besides, with the current state of the economy, any sensible man should know that spending unnecessarily for wedding isn't wise. Cos your spending only benefits the woman. While she's littering all her social media handles with colourful pictures of the event you're looking for how to pay back the debits you accumulated as a result of the wedding.

So what's the point?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by BigBashiru: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2023
Nazgul:
Aside from competition and show off which girls love and cherish so much, I don't see the need for an expensive wedding. Cos after few weeks everyone has forgotten about the event as their minds are occupied with more important things.

Besides, with the current state of the economy, any sensible man should know that spending unnecessarily for wedding isn't wise. Cos your spending only benefits the woman. While she's littering all her social media handles with colourful pictures of the event you're looking for how to pay back the debits you accumulated as a result of the wedding.

So what's the point?

What most men don't realize is that the day she decides to leave you, she is not going to care how much you spent on the wedding....she would just leave....they don't care!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Weddings Celebrated So Massively by BigBashiru: 8:17am On Aug 29, 2023
Lifeomann:
Most marriages with expensive weddings don't last.

Why do you say that? And where's your evidence?

(1) (Reply)

Ladies..if You Need A Handsome Dude To Fill In The Gap.. / We Say NO To Being A Nice Guy / The Lagos Teacher Told My Mum, My Brother Was His Math Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.