Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament (54421 Views)

Pay Us Our January Salaries, Nigerian Federal Workers Lament / Federal Agency, NBAIS Workers Lament Over Unpaid Salaries / "Governor Abiodun Keeps Making ’Empty’ Promises To Us", Ogun Workers Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by NwekeUG(m): 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Subsidy: One Round Now Go For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament Low Patronage

Removal of fuel subsidy has affected commercial sex workers in Kano State, IGBERETV reports.

The sex workers who complained about low patronage expressed their pains while fielding questions from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Sabon Gari area of Fagge Local Government Area of the state on Sunday, August 27.

The sex workers in the ancient commercial city, who hitherto smile home with their pockets full, now resort to lobbying customers to do “business” with them at very ridiculous low charges.

Ms Mercy Benjamin told NAN that before now, a round of “short time” service could be settled with N5,000 within a time frame of one hour, but the biting effects of fuel subsidy removal had forced customers to disappear.

Benjamin said one round of sex now go for as low as between N500 and N700 for the same services.

"Things are not really going on well with this business for now because of the present economic challenges we are facing,” she said.

Another sex worker who identified herself as Jennifer, told NAN that it is no longer business as usual for them, saying “my brother, business is no longer moving as it used to be.

"Things have become so hard that if you see more than three customers in one day, you will thank God. Customers are hard to come by, and when they come, the offer is nothing to write home about.

"In this very particular room, I pay N5,000 every day; and I must confess to you that I am owing the management three days debt now because of low patronage

"Before fuel subsidy removal, we were enjoying high patronage with good prices. These days, I used to attend to seven to 10 customers everyday with good prices ranging between N5,000 and N10,000 for short time services.

“This is apart from other incentives like good food, drinks, chicken, Isi-ewu and other goodies that customers provide on their own volition,”

"Unlike now when customers hardly come to hang out in the evening, we used to have customers on day-break ready to offer well above N20,000 and also take care of your accommodation, food and drinks. This is really hardtimes for us,” she said.

Jennifer further stated that most of her colleagues who could not pay for their rooms have returned home with regrets of penury.

"Some of them left without their property as the hotel management seized their cloths and electronics because of the money they are owing. We that are still here are surviving through the grace of God,” she explained.

Narrating her latest experience as a result of the cash crunch, Ms Helen Ediga at Onitsha Road, said she ready to quit the business if given alternative source of livelihood.

Ediga, who only agreed to speak to talk after being offered a token of N1,500 and a bottle of Maltina to cover her time, said: "Sir, I am not happy being into this kind of business. It is hardship that led me into it. I am a single mother with three children. I am the only one that take care of them.

"My man left us in Kano and relocated to Abuja where he is currently staying with another woman. I come out every evening to hassle so that I can put food on the table for my three children and possibly train them

"Since the fuel subsidy removal, we have been suffering. In most cases, I will spend the whole day without anyone asking me ‘how are you’. It has been a very bitter experience. If I have other means of livelihood, I will definitely quit this business!”, Ediga said.

NAN also gathered that the sex hawkers who usually stand along Enugu Road, Aba Road, Onitsha Road and Abbedie Street, among other hotspots within Sabon Gari, are worse hit by the situation as most of them complain of staying throughout the day, scouting for customers without success.

Findings further revealed that night clubs, fun centres and beer drinking joints now record very low patronage as residents hardly come out in the evening for relaxation or to have “good time” due to the cash crunch.

https://igberetvnews.com/1451152/subsidy-one-round-now-go-n500-commercial-sx-workers-lament-low-patronage/

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by TimT: 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin grin grin.. Let the poor breathe.... No market everywhere...

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by illicit(m): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
7 to 10 men in a day

shocked

Ashawo strong o

408 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by EyeCumInPiss: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
Agbado miscreants will soon come and claim this as an achievement for eBola - to reduce prostitution.

272 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by accordadoga25(f): 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by christejames(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tinubu, everybody must surely feel your handwork angry cheesy...

Nigeria 🇳🇬 currently is on full throttle of retrogression. undecided

(I'm not concerned about the sex workers price or plights though).

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by phorget(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ebola is working, just as he helped reducr traffic on our roads now he is helping us chase away those ayangba girls with low patronage.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by vowiski(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
illicit:
7 to 10 men in a day

shocked

Women strong pass men

Na wa ..

And it’s with different size . Shape and energy..

People who patronize them mostly on drugs so their money won’t waste ..

Na wa ooooooooo

161 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by quenchfire: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
undecided

Na who chop bellefull dey think about knacking

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Aboks(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
What an achievement of this administration

Agbado republic

5k for short time ur toto na gold ne

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by LegendHero(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
Why are they complaining?

They should just import more girls from Ebonyi or Abia to increase the number of #500 they can make daily.

If they charge #5000 before and current situation now gives them #500 per round, they should just import like 10X more Amaka, Shinyere, Shikodi, Shoioma, and etc from Enugu, Abia, Anambla, Imo, and Ebonyi.

NAN also gathered that the sex hawkers who usually stand along Enugu Road, Aba Road, Onitsha Road and Abbedie Street, among other hotspots within Sabon Gari, are worse hit by the situation as most of them complain of staying throughout the day, scouting for customers without success.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Kingosytex(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
Let the poor breathe cheesy

I'm still yet to understand the idea behind paying a woman for sex___well, I guess it's because the man approached them.

The energy mostly required to fuel the intercourse comes from the man and psychology has proven that women enjoy sex more than men.
A man loses money, energy, while the woman loses absolutely nothing.

147 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Usmanovic95(m): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
LegendHero:
Why are they complaining?

They should just import more girls from Ebonyi or Abia to increase the number of #500 they can make daily.

You can contribute your quota as well by telling them the name of your hometown, let them import girls from there as well.

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by helinues: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
na N100 before?

grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by LegendHero(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
Usmanovic95:

You can contribute your quota as well by telling them the name of your hometown, let them import girls from there as well.

Even in my hometown Ibadan, Ibo girls dominate all the brothels across the state. No care for quota system at all.

If you go to any brothel in Ibadan and shout “Shinyere”, almost 5 girls will answer you yes at once.

Same thing is applicable in Kano, Kaduna, Ondo, and even their own Imo state. How I wish president Tinubu can make the short time fee go as low as #50 so that we can run these girls out of business so they can find better things to do with their life.

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by happney65: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
Better.

Very soon all of una,una diccck go shrink because una no go even get customers to come do shina as the economy go don shuck una for head

If you still want do anyhow,na Sharia we go send to una for Kano there.

Thank you Bulabalu.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by pandoragirigory: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
A welcome development, positive part of the something

97 Likes

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by muykem: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Obidients should come to their aids.

98 Likes

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by pandoragirigory: 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
EyeCumInPiss:
Agbado miscreants will soon come and claim this as an achievement for eBola.
Take your family members to quarantine centers near you, treatments are available free of charge, no place for ebola in Nigeria.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by AImiron: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
😂😂😂😂
Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Skillsnigeria: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin hmmm
Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by osuofia2(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
This days prickk no de stand again.. bills too much

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by mainman7(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Yes, this white woman told them all the Truth:
https://www.nairaland.com/7818665/going-viral-white-woman-yoruba

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by mytime24(f): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin 😉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by gabazin080(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
people who visit brothel don't have a life

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by THURAFTERNOON: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
tongue
Na who get money him prick dy rise

15 Likes

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by ekanx27(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
All prostitute answer English name, WHY

28 Likes

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by BrokenCondom: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
TimT:

For here na 1k dem still dey do shortrest wink

For where? DM
Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by HEBEI: 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Chetas81(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
TimT:
stop being a tools to the present politician
Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Kingluqman(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
500 naira, just to get STDs? grin

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy: One Round Now Goes For N500 - Commercial Sex Workers Lament by Praktikals(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
They should relocate to their home state, our blothers dont joke with that thing tongue

101 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Was Poisoned - Nyesom Wike (Video) / Governor Yahaya Bello's Leg Bandaged After Accident / Couple Rocking Peter Obi Outfits (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.