Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,581 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel (13470 Views)

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 / Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Proudlyomonna: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Trapnews:

Igbos hardly take time to read. It will do you a lot good to always take time to read. Stop promoting your ignorance world over.

What has nonsense ipob got to do with this news?

Its obvious you are destined to wail ipob aaaaggg all d days of your life till you go die enter grave. grin

2 Likes

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2023
This Price Hike will Favour me and my Familygrin

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by benjaminlawson(m): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Is it because these people have access to stolen money that make them to make policies that makes life difficult for us. Why must someone in his right sense Contemplates on imposing addition burden of tax that will still bring hardship to people. God is watching, He will definitely deliver us from their hands.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Trapnews: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

What has nonsense ipob got to do with this news?

Its obvious you are destined to wail ipob aaaaggg all d days of your life till you go die enter grave. grin
Igbos are antiNigeria. It is extremely easy to know one and stop shining your terrorist teeth. I detest terrorists.
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2023
benjaminlawson:
Is it because these people have access to stolen money that make them to make policies that makes life difficult for us. Why must someone in his right sense Contemplates on imposing addition burden of tax that will still bring hardship to people. God is watching, He will definitely deliver us from their hands.

Stop waiting for God and The Entities to do what You All must do by Yourselves.

Una Go Wait Tire!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Exceed15: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2023
This Tinubu is a total mishap to Nigeria.
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by grandstar(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2023
This VAT should be suspended for now

If power supply was constant, a VAT would be prudent but diesel is largely the power source for many nigerian businesses today.

Most importantly, it may signify government is simply indifferent to the cries of the challenges businesses in Nigeria already face. The price of diesel is already deregulated unlike petrol which we pretend has no subsidy (there's still a subsidy).

In addition it's seems to be a VAT on imported diesel. Am I missing something? Why imported diesel? Will locally produced diesel be subjected to a VAT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Airlohim(m): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
Trapnews:

And you Igbos believe pitoobi would have reasoned better. Your hatred will consume you.

I don't respond to jobless nitwits, sorry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Thonee(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Agbadorians full road dey beg now for survival.
Twale baba, abeg show me small love,. anything at all, at all na im bad.
Dem werey no dey shout àwa'lókàn again.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Trapnews: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
Airlohim:

I don't respond to jobless nitwits, sorry
A terrorist just dropped a quote.
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by LaSenior: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The work this government is doing is so huge but eyes can't see it grin

The poor should be patient, very patient so that our leaders can finish us pkatakpata.

Anyone who speaks out at this point becomes an enemy of the state. We must all be suffering and smiling so that they don't call us names.
ask yourself about the subsidy removal on diesel what has the government done with it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by ufotunang: 12:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
This is what you get when you vote an old man into power
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Airlohim(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Trapnews:

A terrorist just dropped a quote.

A proponent of a murderous looting rapist prophet just called me a terrorist! What a time to be alive!! 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Justiceleague1: 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Refuse to panic. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

#RenewedHope embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
Trapnews:

And you Igbos believe pitoobi would have reasoned better. Your hatred will consume you.
Ronu oooo!.
grin

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Trapnews: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
Airlohim:

A proponent of a murderous looting rapist prophet just called me a terrorist! What a time to be alive!! 🤣🤣🤣
I no longer reply terrorists.

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Airlohim(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Trapnews:

I no longer reply terrorists.

Well Mohammad still enjoys adolescent demon pussy in hell fire 🤣🤣
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Trapnews: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Airlohim:

Well Mohammad still enjoys adolescent demon pussy in hell fire 🤣🤣
This forum is not as faceless as you think. I suggest you choose your words wisely.
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Pascal9: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
BigYash:
You are not making any sense.. If you and your likes had join hands with the obi fans to vote him,Tinubu won’t even have a chance.. He rigged his way through during Apc primaries by buying 100m form for his guys.. He bought inec during the general elections .. And you expect him to work ? Una too dey joke for this country.. He will not work and there is nothing you or I can do.. If we too talk ,he will use DSS and Army silent us.. na C in C right now.. he can silent anybody he wants to silent and heaven will not fall.. Make he even put fuel for 2k per litre . I just want some persons to learn a lesson cheesy Since they said obi is their problem
no sensible person will join an abusive and arrogant mob like you people, you wasted your votes as you said, and you people can't let us be, we have moved on.allow us to be
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Airlohim(m): 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
Trapnews:

This forum is not as faceless as you think. I suggest you choose your words wisely.
So it pains you when I thrash your shitty prophet but you don't flinch when thrashing an entire ethnic group. Useless hypocrite, take your threats to the next level and pick a spot in Lagos where we can meet.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by wirinet(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
GlorifiedTunde:
The want to kuku finish the entire economy patapata!

Manufacturing is in its lowest state

SMEs have folded up

Industries are packing up

Naira is failing by the day

Everything is now beyond expensive ...

This is what happens when the government loses fear of the people it governs. They believe that they can take any action without any consequences. Even military regimes fear the people. IBB increased fuel by two and a half naira and the whole country almost burnt with protests. Now civilian government can increase price of fuel on a daily basis and no one can dare to protest. The irony is that military regimes obeyed court orders more that the so called civilian governments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Titogbanski: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
Very good policy..things are working
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by breezeng: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
This our democracy is not really helping. People are dieing everyday. God have mercy. Many may not survive this suffering. Government should be sincere with us. This is getting too much to bear.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by correctguy101(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
wirinet:

This is what happens when the government loses fear of the people it governs. They believe that they can take any action without any consequences. Even military regimes fear the people. IBB increased fuel by two and a half naira and the whole country almost burnt with protests. Now civilian government can increase price of fuel on a daily basis and no one can dare to protest. The irony is that military regimes obeyed court orders more that the so called civilian governments.

Coups are already springing up everywhere these days.
I trust Nigeria.... How own will be hotter than fire ....

Smh
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Soulsymbol99: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Incase you feel u don't use diesel so is none of your business, big trucks that transport the food you eat use it. So technically, food stuffs are going to add serious money. Which kind devilish govt. be this abeg

3 Likes

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by benjaminlawson(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Stop waiting for God and The Entities to do what You All must do by Yourselves.

Una Go Wait Tire!!!

Thank you very much for this observation, but our perception of life, believe, tribe etc are different, but we are all saying the same thing, that our leaders are not doing the right thing. But the solution to get out of this require divers approaches. To me, I believe that what God cannot do does not exist, I believe God can deal with any wicked leader in His own way, if you believe that to get us free is joining political parties please do, if it is to protest please do or take them to law court like Fawehinmi of blessed memory or Mr. Femi Falana normally do against their anti masses policies, please do, we can all adopt various means to get our dear nation delivered out of the hand of our wicked leaders.
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by Menclothing: 3:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
Vat on energy it’s not needed

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by tejumorelar: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nah we Nairalanders' dey react to both good and bad news we hear. Our leaders are somewhere laughing nd chilling like they own our future

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
after removing subsidy do we really need to tax any form of fuel?
I studied Economics and this was the first thing that came to my mind. Now, I am confused. The policy seems to be coming at the wrong time.

2 Likes

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by joba4luv: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2023
Will Nigeria joins Gabon and Niger soon?
Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by mdimefields: 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
wirinet:

What do you expect when you practice a complete tribal structure of democracy. Common criticism, they label you IPOB, Igbo etc.
Since 2015, Nigerian democracy gave way to tribalcracy. It is worst now, that every critic is perceived an enemy of the state.
Things will get worst. The only solution is to make more money so you dont get caught up in the web of palliative seekers.

1 Like

Re: Price Hike Looms As Customs Begins Implementation Of VAT On Diesel by okoroemeka(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
Hahahahahahaha.... haahahhahahaha.....

If Democracy is not working, why not try another system of Government?

Just a question sha
democracy is working but the wrong people are in charge,it is clear to everybody in Nigeria both living and dead,that mr Peter obi is what is needed in to lead this country,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Says Atiku Desperate As Atiku Submits Tinubu’s CSU Records / Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway / More Than 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They’re Being Paid Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.