Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back (43480 Views)

Help! My Wife Went Out Behind My Back. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Zealag(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nigeria as a country is hell on Earth, nobody like suffering in hell
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by nairanaira12: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Knowing what I know, I would applaud her for it. So? undecided

Knowing what you know, I hope you will also applaud your son's wife if she does same to your son. cheesy
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
Romanoff:
I have said this before and I'll say it again, no woman leaves a man who treats her well.

My own MIL, the highest she can stay for Omugwo is 3weeks, she even try for you sef for that three weeks. She will be running back to her husband.

You see a woman that "nags", it is because she still cares about you, when she goes silent, wetin dey her mind, na only she know. She will endure till the right time to bolt. The man will now be wondering where he went wrong not knowing that he went wrong a long time ago, na manifestation he just dey see.

Treat your wives well, don't be a Lion in the home, be relatable, treat your wives with love and respect, develop friendship and intimacy with your wife that will sustain you both till old age.

I know old women who don't stay for Omugwo cause them no fit leave their husband, such husbands are reaping where they sowed ni. If they were bad to their wives, you think the wives will be running back to them?

What kind of old woman wants to start life afresh, even looking for a job in UK at that old age when she should be enjoying retirement with her husband?

Make una dey ask these kind questions.

Well done to your MIL for her behaviour. We have all helped people that paid us back wrongly. Doing good to people does not guarantee that they will treat us well in return. That why there is evil in this world, because people are capable of hurting people who do them good, both men and women.

"If your father being evil can give good gifts", is how the good books describe humans.

So nobody knows if the man was kind or not only God knows. The information at hand is that a wife has abandoned her husband, and that is the only variable we can work with for now. Only God can judge the man.

Taking a second wife will likely put the man at a worse position.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
nairanaira12:
■ I hope you will also applaud your son's wife if she does same to your son. cheesy
Marriage was never designed as some form of prison sentence for any one's child. So, I am not sure why I should see it differently in that case. undecided

3 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by EndRape2(f): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Mumu, sombody went to hustle , only God knows
how she hss suffered in Nigeria, before , you are talking about giving a woman trust .

uote author=izonborn098 post=125489263]Just like when bringing a woman from village to the city... Madam want to explore uk.
There is a saying that'' the woman you think is the best' na the opportunity she never get to abandon u or cheat on you...
Baba should still give mama sometime before he should think of taking another wife'' if he is the one woman one man type....
9month for a marriage with grown up kids'' he can take a side chicken for now... Till further notice...
Modified: the worst mistake you will ever make in this life is giving any woman ur 100% trust'' no woman worth that...[/quote]

1 Like

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by bonnyhope: 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2023
Ahmed0336:
This story get as e be.
What type of visa did she travelled with?

On the other hand, if na Muslim woman nobody go tell her wetin go follow grin

Na the normal social media story na
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by nairanaira12: 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Marriage was never designed as some form of prison sentence for any one's child. So, I am not sure why I should see it differently in that case. undecided

Good. May it also happen to your son in his old age
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by bukatyne(f): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
Procashtips:

I'm talking reality, you're talking fairytale

Your comparison have no basis because I already told you most women do not have the ability to love deeply/unconditionally.

Most women are married to their men because of what he provides (status, security and stability)

What exactly do men who still stick with their wives even though they provide all of the above gain?

You are talking about men's reality, I am telling you about women's reality yet you are talking fairytale.

I like your audacity to tell me what women are capable/ not capable of doing when you are not one. cheesy

The men gain nothing that's why the pastor is lamenting that his wife is AWOL and wants to marry another wife.

They gain nothing that's why immediately a man loses his wife (death/divorce/separation/no longer pleased with her), he gets a replacement.

5 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by EndRape2(f): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
If you take care of your wife well she will not run away from you at old age, if the man is taking care of her well, UK will mean nothing to her, all you fools keep talking about marrying second wife, if you like marry 100 wives , if you have a bad character they will all treat you like a rag.
100 wives will not Save your bad character at old age .

Old age is karma for all you wicked men.

quote author=madridguy post=125489405] grin grin grin

You see one of the benefit of having 2 to 3 wives if you can afford to? Many men will not know the true colour of their wife till their old or dying age.

Even though the woman returns today, at the slightest opportunity she will run back to the UK and leave the old man to be cooking himself. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
nairanaira12:
■ Good. May it also happen to your son in his old age
***Yawn**** undecided

3 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Procashtips(m): 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
bukatyne:

You are talking about men's reality, I am telling you about women's reality yet you are talking fairytale.

I like your audacity to tell me what women are capable/ not capable of doing when you are not one. cheesy

The men gain nothing that's why the pastor is lamenting that his wife is AWOL and wants to marry another wife.

They gain nothing that's why immediately a man loses his wife (death/divorce/separation/no longer pleased with her), he gets a replacement.

I'm not telling you what women feel or their reality, it's everywhere.

We know who's been marrying men only for their resources everywhere in the world.

Most stay in the so called 'abusive and bad marriage' because of the children in their own words and once an opportunity for a richer and well placed 'resourced man' shows up, the japa..

We know the children are used as pension plans for those without such opportunity as described above.

It's the reality and everywhere in our society

A man can still get all a woman can offer without getting married including children, so those getting married are just following norms.

It's everywhere. It's not up for argument.

It's late already.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by frozen70(f): 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2023
jmoore:
This man is a pastor, his daughter got married and relocated to UK.

His wife went for omugo in the UK and have stayed up to 9 months. The daughter has told her mom to return home but she has refused. She got a cleaning job in the neighbourhood. The pastor is contemplating on taking a 2nd wife.

Let him go ahead and take a second wife

If that will make him happy

His wife has found a job and she is happy with that

Dont let anyone determine your happiness because you are responsible for what makes you happy
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Paracetamol01: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2023
Aonkuuse:
The man should just be happy that the incident exposed the woman he has been living with for years....... Only God knows the thousand of women who are still living with men because there is no opportunity to leave yet. If it was a man who will refuse to return to his family now everyone will be calling him names
I owe you a bottle of beer
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by CJStarz: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2023
You're rightfully entitled to your opinion,KJ. Thanks for engaging.✌️

Kobojunkiee:
1. I read that and found absolutely no valid explanation for why a group of women would resort to mocking their fellow woman in her grief. Absolutely no valid reason. undecided

2. Storyland! undecided

3. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman and whatever happens between the two, it is for those two in the marriage to handle between themselves. For your women to set themselves up as judges and jury over the marriage of those two means something is innately wrong with your traditions. Is marriage some sort of prison for the woman or something? undecided

4. That is bullsheet! People die and it is to be expected. Using the Umuada to bully this woman while she was grieving her son only goes to show just how vicious and vindictive many of your traditions really are. undecided
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by VULCAN(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
What a fallacious write up.

How can an observant person conclude that All Women are rational beings?

Based on what evidence?

Obviously, you have very little life experience.

What of those girls who leave a new boyfriend who is showing her love and affection and return to the ex who was beating her?

You must be living in a cocoon.

And to think that you wrote this piece with so much confidence.

Lollz

Romanoff:
I have said this before and I'll say it again, no woman leaves a man who treats her well.

My own MIL, the highest she can stay for Omugwo is 3weeks, she even try for you sef for that three weeks. She will be running back to her husband.

You see a woman that "nags", it is because she still cares about you, when she goes silent, wetin dey her mind, na only she know. She will endure till the right time to bolt. The man will now be wondering where he went wrong not knowing that he went wrong a long time ago, na manifestation he just dey see.

Treat your wives well, don't be a Lion in the home, be relatable, treat your wives with love and respect, develop friendship and intimacy with your wife that will sustain you both till old age.

I know old women who don't stay for Omugwo cause them no fit leave their husband, such husbands are reaping where they sowed ni. If they were bad to their wives, you think the wives will be running back to them?

What kind of old woman wants to start life afresh, even looking for a job in UK at that old age when she should be enjoying retirement with her husband?

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by izonborn098(m): 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
Must u quote me to show ur uselessness
EndRape2:
Mumu, sombody went to hustle , only God knows
how she hss suffered in Nigeria, before , you are talking about giving a woman trust .

uote author=izonborn098 post=125489263]Just like when bringing a woman from village to the city... Madam want to explore uk.
There is a saying that'' the woman you think is the best' na the opportunity she never get to abandon u or cheat on you...
Baba should still give mama sometime before he should think of taking another wife'' if he is the one woman one man type....
9month for a marriage with grown up kids'' he can take a side chicken for now... Till further notice...
Modified: the worst mistake you will ever make in this life is giving any woman ur 100% trust'' no woman worth that...
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by lailo: 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Romanoff:

Ogbeni leave long story. Women love where there is money and comfort. If the woman returns as u said, then just know that the man has money and properties that the woman doesn't want another person who didnt labour with them to inherit. But if the new place is more conducive and nothing really worths it back home, any woman will choose never to return, no matter how the husband has been good to her. Women don't have ability to recorn with yesterday, what they know is now now. Know this and have peace undecided
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by komzy589(m): 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Men should better know this and be intentional in raising your children and taking care of your wife. Any man that abandoned his responsibility while he was still young and active will suffer at old age
Mumu! So women will not get old too! Be deceiving yourself.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Salowise: 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2023
Romanoff:

Wetin be "no woman leave a man who treats her well" so my ex wey dey man leg call me say she dey bored na me cause that one, make all these pussey people rest
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Tats(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
She is now living in the UK illegally and also working illegally. If she returns to Nigeria, she will not be able to come back to the UK. If she had gone back before 6 months, she would have been able to return to the UK in future. She is simply enjoying her life in the UK and happy about the money she is earning and has decided that she will do what she wants.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by NOwazobia: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
If there is harmony in the marriage, the man won't make threat of marrying a second wife, especially as a pastor.

The love in the home is long gone, and only the house is left.

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Beverlyjean(f): 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
We don't know enough about the details of the woman's marriage before she left for the trip so let's not try to make assumptions as to the health of the marriage before she supposedly decided it was best to remain where she is now. undecided

For her daughter to have told her to go back...we women are usually attached to our moms , especially if we grew up seeing her being maltreated... her daughter would never have told her to gk back if that was the case
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2023
Beverlyjean:
■ For her daughter to have told her to go back...we women are usually attached to our moms , especially if we grew up seeing her being maltreated... her daughter would never have told her to gk back if that was the case
Let's not jump to conclusions without clear details for Pete's sake. For all you and I know, the daughter may be urging her mother to head back because her own husband is giving her the stinky eye for allowing her mother stay over with them for as long as she has. undecided

3 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2023
NOwazobia:
If there is harmony in the marriage, the man won't make threat of marrying a second wife, especially as a pastor. The love in the home is long gone, and only the house is left.
Very good point there! undecided

2 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Etimemy: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2023
The man should join her there
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Kobojunkiee: 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Etimemy:
The man should join her there
After supposedly threatening to take a second wife? Ego no let am do that. grin

3 Likes

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by godwon01(m): 12:01am On Sep 01, 2023
A lot of them are in the UK now. Coming to see their daughters and refused to return to Nigeria. I rememberd one of my friends had to vacate their apartments for his wife and her mother. The mum was forced to return home when the wife sensed it might end his marriage. A lot of family friends had to intervene before the old woman returned home.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by emmyN(m): 12:56am On Sep 01, 2023
She went for omugwo on visit visa and found a care job? Dey play

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Romanoff(f): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Didi2d:

You're right

But what about a wife that treats her husband bad and doesn't show respect? Even when the man provides for the family.
Should should the man do

If you think provision is all it takes to be a husband, you're in for a shock.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:21am On Sep 01, 2023
Romanoff:

@bolded you are.100percemt wrong

You don't have to treat someone right or wrong in order to be betrayed. Some will be treated wrongly but still remain faithful while others will be treated rightly without remaining faithful and otherwise.

It seems you have not not heard of people been treated well , some even go ahead to invest in education, cars, businesses for these women and care for them and in the end you will hear ' what have you done for me that other men haven't done'.

You don't need to do anything to get betrayed , you might be on the good side and still get betrayed likewise when you are on the bad side.
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by Belafonte(m): 1:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
She even got a job too? Wow.... the woman must have been happy to get a break from what seems to have been a frustrated existence. I applaud her. undecided

You need to work on your reasoning, woman
Re: His Wife Went For Omugo In Uk And Refuses To Come Back by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:23am On Sep 01, 2023
Romanoff:

Is this the case with this woman? An old woman of that age who didn't leave since, na now wey she done old and no man go send her.

Make una dey look beyond una myopic gender wars.

Marriage is not as hard as a lot of you make it to be. As long as this world exist, you will reap what you've sown.

If you treat a man who treated you badly, you will reap what you've sown, if you treat your wife badly, you go also collect.

If you're triggered by this, you should check yourself.

What has triggered got to do with you asserting yourself, make your position known and leave frivolities out of discussions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.