Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? (13715 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by Snakedoctor1: 10:11pm On Sep 01, 2023
turmacs:
I know the real motive why this thread was created was to brag about how much dollars so so so and so person makes while living in Nigeria, and not that nonsense you wrote as topic

But you are not qualified to work remote or howsoever for a US employer without being qualified with appropriate work permit. The remote works I have got makes clear warnings pertaining this.

So, the person might as well be in the US. By the way, OP is talking about himself not his friend.
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by Snakedoctor1: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
KyleJason:
For those asking how do you get these type of mouthwatering remote jobs...It's quite easy.

Most of these remote jobs are posted in hundreds online...I even got one recently as a Copywriter in an American firm - $60/hr and to work 35 hours a week which translates to $2100 (N1.5m + a week)...I can send you my pre job interview from the firm on request.

If you want me to help you to apply, I can do that, as I have hundreds of companies ready to hire international remote workers.

But you'll pay me N10k.

Anyway Op, congrats for landing a dream job.

Are you qualified to work remotely for a. American firm without American work permit or PR ?
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by bukkysam(f): 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
How are you people getting this Job, pls help us now
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by ghettowriter(m): 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bahamas95:
My job isn't actually remote, it's an oil exploration company.

My comment was based on the challenges you might encounter working with foreigners..... One thing I have discovered is that you either try to speak like them or they speak like you before effective communication can take place.

Okey. I also worked with foreigners before hence i learnt the act of communication. You have to 'listen' when the speak and express yourself clearly and straight to the point without adding fillers or deviating from the subject of discussion while speaking.

Also, i will like to know if you have ideas about some field of expertise that someone in Nigeria can get opportunity of working remotely for foreign firms.

1 Like

Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by GorillaApp(m): 6:48am On Sep 02, 2023
Evestar200:
Mine doesn't require speaking with anyone. unless my boss wants to speak with us and we all speak different languages.

Abeg how Una dey get this online job. Helep a bro
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by LUAN(m): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2023
illicit:
I can teach him diction for a token
I want to learn
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by illicit(m): 7:47am On Sep 02, 2023
LUAN:
I want to learn

Online or offline
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by lagosrd: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2023
Evestar200:
Mine doesn't require speaking with anyone. unless my boss wants to speak with us and we all speak different languages.

Pls check your inbox
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by LUAN(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2023
illicit:

Online or offline
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by illicit(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2023
LUAN:

Chat me on the number on my profile
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by Sarang(f): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
Snakedoctor1:

But you are not qualified to work remote or howsoever for a US employer without being qualified with appropriate work permit. The remote works I have got makes clear warnings pertaining this.

So, the person might as well be in the US. By the way, OP is talking about himself not his friend.

Who is feeding you this balderdash..
Many Nigerians work for oversea companies and live in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by glassy(f): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2023
Snakedoctor1:

Are you qualified to work remotely for a. American firm without American work permit or PR ?

Yes you can, you will need work permit if it isn't remote. There are always a specifications on the job description.
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by LUAN(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2023
illicit:

Chat me on the number on my profile
how much please
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by illicit(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2023
LUAN:
how much please

Chat me up
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by AllenSpencer: 5:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
Snakedoctor1:

You can work remotely for a US company but its more of a backdoor employment to seek cheaper labour.

Most US companies are exporting jobs to cheaper destinations for profit. If you factor in the number of US IT jobs in Indian, Pakistan and Lebanon, you will be amazed.

If you have the skill and can go very low in desired salary, you will get the job. That's the trick of indians.

1 Like

Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by frugal(m): 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
LydayBobo:
Speak slowly. Nigerians speaks correct Queen English. He would will be fine. I Have been there. If they can hear the Indians, they would will hear you too. Best of luck 👍

Really? They do? The irony tho. cheesy

'Will' is definite, 'would' is hypothetical.
Re: Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? by Mrvictorwrite(m): 1:02am On Jan 25
Lolzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. / 7 Top Revealing Secrets On How Best To Conquer Fear Of Business Start-ups / EFCC Uncovers 1000 Ghost Workers In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.