Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,696 members, 7,823,957 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm (61275 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / Maintaining A Clean Pig House In Modern Pig Farming (video/pictures) / I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by mariahAngel(f): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
IconicR:
Nothing will ever make me eat pork meat

What if I serve it to you well seasoned and garnished, without you knowing what meat it is? 😏
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by ComeToJesus: 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:
I like how clean they are.
I wouldn't mind eating these, but what I don't get is why pork meat are quite expensive, when they're not chicken. πŸ™„
I mean, they should be the cheap alternative.

My brother, the thing cost pass chicken o.
The roasted one with a hellish load of pepper, laced with smoke from the firewood is ecstatic.
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by mariahAngel(f): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
ComeToJesus:

My brother, the thing cost pass chicken o.
The roasted one with a hellish load of pepper, laced with smoke from the firewood is ecstatic.

My sister, you don't mean it! 😳
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Corrinthians(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
arewafederation:
OBIDIENTS... cheesy

Honestly Nnamdi Kanu gave the word "pig" a different meaning. Anytime I see PIG, only one thing comes to my mind these days.

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Anny69: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
Pigs are so cute and delicious. kiss

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

What if I serve it to you well seasoned and garnished, without you knowing what meat it is? 😏
I will definitely ask before eating
I can't
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2023
MySolace:

Ok...
But I think d hybrids are different, and better taken care of.
Yes but it's still a pig πŸ˜†

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Karemarealty288(m): 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
phoneport:
Haba! Why some human beings in this town hall different regime, can not even drink clean water grin grin grin

The pigs get sense pass some people for this forum...

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Fiscus105(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga pigs can eat anything

Any fruit, even banana n pawpaw leaves n co

Those days I worked in d farm as a manager they can eat anything, there’s nothing expensive about pigs

I could remember we buy a orange tree n pay village boys to help us harvest d fruits both ripe n unripe, same with pawpaw n others

Agric pigs will also eat anything like local breed, the way rottweiler eats anything like local dogs Abi?

I pity who knows pity you, yet youths should take over government in Naija .

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Cromagnon: 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:
I wouldn't mind eating these, but what I don't get is why pork meat are quite expensive, when they're not chicken. πŸ™„
plenty demand, small supply
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Sharpsharp00123: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
Fiscus105:

Agric pigs will also eat anything like local breed, the way rottweiler eats anything like local dogs Abi?

I pity who knows pity you, yet youths should take over government in Naija .
oga there are supplements to all these things

Many of u think life is one way

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Calitoscassius(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
Obierika:
What triggers the pipe to dispense water when a pig wants to drink?
A sensor, it is like sensor light, you go near the light the light comes on, same thing with this tap.

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by legba1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
This is not entirely new but i give you your flower for for the sensitisation. This is called the NIPPLE water system. This system of drinking water is also applicable in the poultry system where the birds only need to peck the NIPPLE.

Someone wrote up there that picks can dig up dead body and devour the corpse, this is actually laughable. This are the stories y"all are fed from ages past. Pig farming is now high technical and modernized. Integrated pig farming had gone past FREE RANGE. We now have pig farm with 100 of millions in investment even in Nigeria.. we have varied breeds of pigs that grows bigger and faster than the roaming pigs you are used to. So, as a result of the investment that goes into pig business, pork meat is super safe for consumption and is not stupidly cheap..

Except may be for religious reason,i will indulge us to PARK some PORK for our enjoyment for this weekend. It is a save alternative to red meat(beef) .

Iam Okuwasfemi James
C.O.O Agbeseye Farms Ltd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by emmanuelbrown26: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
22o62021:

I have males close to that side

But it's hardly sold for about 50k in the east
U can't be serious sir, which state and area in d east sir
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by arewafederation: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
Corrinthians:

Honestly Nnamdi Kanu gave the word "pig" a different meaning. Anytime I see PIG, only one thing comes to my mind these days.

embarassed

I tell you... And unfortunately some of their behaviours here fit the description. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Antivirus92(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2023
Better water system for the pigs than what we have in ibadan
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by finallybusy: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2023
masterfactor:
People that eat pig are trying oOoOO, pig that can dig up dead body and feed on them
They can, but where them wan see dead body for that pen? To think no hard at all.

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by finallybusy: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Children on Nairaland will eat anything. I guess poverty is to blame. Make una no chop human being one day. I take God beg una. It reminds me of some of my co-workers who swear they’ll never eat pigs, but their favourite type of meat is pork. Should I tell them?
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by 22o62021: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

U can't be serious sir, which state and area in d east sir

Enugu north
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElValiente:

Dutse Alhaji, sokale, makaranta zone 6 and 7 l grin

Sokale where things are happening under the trees with different spots and coded babes, bah?

2 Likes

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Fatasy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2023
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by funbiano: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2023
This is called nipple drinker.I am a pig farmer.It makes them drink a very clean water.
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by blackjack21(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

Pig are actually amongst the most clean animals on earth, the reason they have to get muddy and dirty is because their skin cannot excreat sweat to cool off their body like the other animals.

It's just survival reasons.

And they are are quite intelligent too, and very tasty

1 Like

Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by funbiano: 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
In other to maintain a clean and smell-less Pig Farm, modern Pig Farms have deviced a better way their Pigs drink water. This will eliminate unwanted water in the Pig Rooms and thier Rooms will remain dry/ smell-less all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USAS6rhHtmg

This is called Nipple Drinker.It makes the pig drink clean water.
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by blackjack21(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

500k!? 😲
When it's not a cow!
And on top of that, they eat anything.
I'll kuku pass.

Fish eats anything too. undecided
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by ElValiente(m): 9:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
KyleJason:

Sokale where things are happening under the trees with different spots and coded babes, bah?
Yeske lol πŸ˜‚ grin

Miss Abj. Miss my former working place in Gwarinpa.
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
Pig meat is a type of meat that people loves eating especially school children.

I eat it those days, although the last time I ate it was this year's May, and I must say that it's getting expensive to buy.

When I was in secondary school studying Biology, I learnt that pork meat causes tapeworms to live in one's body if not well cooked, and it makes children to become lean.

Anyway, that's by the wayside.
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2023
ElValiente:

Yeske lol πŸ˜‚ grin

Miss Abj. Miss my former working place in Gwarinpa.

It's not only you oh!
I left Abuja last four months, and I'm missing it a lot.

Just like you too, my former place of work was at Federal Housing Estate, By Setraco, Gwarinpa

I need to go back by January.

Cheers!
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Ebubenwa042(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
EXACTLY THOSE BUYERS IN TOP LAND EGBONA GARIKI NO DEY PITY PERSON
22o62021:

Enugu north
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Papayaayasager(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

Their feeding is expensive they eat combination of foods not like chicken, that's why they are costly.
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by haphizz57(m): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2023
Pork na sacrifice lol
Re: How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm by Silentgroper(m): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

500k!? 😲
When it's not a cow!
And on top of that, they eat anything.
I'll kuku pass.

no .. they don't eat anything.

they've got their feed and it's very expensive..

The profitable returns of rearing a pig is crazy ..

na the funds naim one if my uncle use japa go u.k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Obiano Commissions Largest Poultry In The South East (photos) / Anambra Farmers, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.