Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,224 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues (18099 Views)

History Of Tribal Marks ( Yoruba Perspective) + pictures / Words Of Tribal Origin Used As General Slangs & Their Meanings / What Are The Importance Of Tribal Mark? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nayah(f): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
AMEN sister, I'm sure you'll figure this out
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by NET1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
If you are sure you LOVE this guy, then marry him. We should remove this tribal cloak with which we have wrapped ourselves for too long. We are the worse for it.

A good advice from a responsible Igbo guy

.NET
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nayah(f): 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^hopefully there are guys like you, my sister as I told you oyur guy will direct everything, if he has strong mind then be quiet
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by mbatuku1: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
.NET:

If you are sure you LOVE this guy, then marry him. We should remove this tribal cloak with which we have wrapped ourselves for too long. We are the worse for it.

A good advice from a responsible Igbo guy

.NET

Didn't you read that the guy's parents hate Igbos?

Mr. Responsible guy!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by emmatok(m): 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
LOLZ,

The-same Igbo men will allow A Chinco and Oyinbo man to marry their women.

Yet they discriminate against fallow Nigerians.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by HighChief4(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
christygenius:

Not that i was quiet or enjoying the insults going on here, i was away for sometime, but Meeeen, most of these suggestions re way too scary and quite confusing. All the same, i appreciate your sincere concern abt this issue. I pray that God will guide me to make the right decision.

My friend stop fo[i]o[/i]lin yourself, we know you are Ileke Idi who enjoys nothing but having hot pants for anything Igbo. Suck it up
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by cantell(m): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
High_Chief:

My friend stop fo[i]o[/i]lin yourself, we know you are Ileke Idi who enjoys nothing but having hot pants for anything Igbo. Suck it up
Spot on bro!
christygenius:

Not that i was quiet or enjoying the insults going on here, i was away for sometime, but Meeeen, most of these suggestions re way too scary and quite confusing. All the same, i appreciate your sincere concern abt this issue. I pray that God will guide me to make the right decision.
Yeah, right. Sounds so much like Ileke-idi. You've been going around, posting the link to this thread, urging your fellow retards to join you.
Some knuckle heads might fall for that crap but i aint falling, not in this lifetime. Go do your homework well cos you failed woefully.
Your weird fantasy won't get you nowhere.
Keep day dreaming. But i'm guessing at some point, you'll have to wake up to reality.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by mbatuku1: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
This Ileke idi is really a silly fat biatch
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by HighChief4(m): 2:30am On Oct 18, 2011
Don't mind that "Akwuna 1 of Nairaland"
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Jenifa1: 2:35am On Oct 18, 2011
funniest thread i've read in a while.

@OP
all you have to do is choose between your family and your boyfriend. which one do you love more?
think hard about it and make the right decision.

people might stick your problem to tribalism but i'm sure your parents have their reasons. Maybe they don't want you to lose your Igbo heritage and become yorubanized. esp. since you already live in the SW and are probably already yorubanized to some extent.
parents have these kinds of concerns. they are legitimate concerns but maybe a little old-fashioned.  grin

[flash=490,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqwkuZngh5s[/flash]
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 4:11am On Oct 18, 2011
christygenius:

Not   that  i   was   quiet   or enjoying   the insults   going on here,  i  was   away   for   sometime,  but    Meeeen,   most   of   these   suggestions   re  way   too   scary   and  quite   confusing.  All  the   same,  i   appreciate      your   sincere   concern   abt   this   issue.  I  pray   that God   will guide   me  to   make  the right decision.

Got a question for you; Do you enjoy the Yoruba culture?

If you dont, think twice about it. You know you'll have to leave your father's house for your husband's. You will now have a new famly.

Does your boyfriend have sisters who LIKES you? If yes, talk to them. Yoruba parents are more loving to their daughters.  tongue tongue

Forget that Igbo culture which sees you as an extra and a "nobody" just because you're with your gorgeous Yoruba man. The parent might take while to accept you, but Yorubas in general will welcome you grin
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Squeegeez(f): 4:49am On Oct 18, 2011
You're both adults with the right to make your own decisions. You have the right to be happy and be with the one you love and want. The parents on both sides are stuck in a backwards (barbaric) way of thinking. Get married and let them deal with their issues on their own. I wouldn't leave it open for discussion.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by cantell(m): 7:30am On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Got a question for you; Do you enjoy the Yoruba culture?

If you dont, think twice about it. You know you'll have to leave your father's house for your husband's. You will now have a new famly.

Does your boyfriend have sisters who LIKES you? If yes, talk to them. Yoruba parents are more loving to their daughters.  tongue tongue

Forget that Igbo culture which sees you as an extra and a "nobody" just because you're with your gorgeous Yoruba man. The parent might take while to accept you, but Yorubas in general will welcome you grin
Smh. Confusion galore.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by OneNaira6: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2011
^^^^^^@ cantell

Agreed. Igbo parents would not allow their children to date men or women they fully know they wouldn’t accept as a son in law or a daughter in law.  Last year I brought home one of my white friend to celebrate last year thanksgiving, my family thought I was dating the white girl even though I wasn’t yet my mom sat me down one evening when everyone has gone to sleep to explain to me why our relationship wouldn’t work out and I should be looking for something else.  No Igbo parents will allow their children to fall in love and then crush their hope when time comes. When I read the OP story I knew automatically this is fake, not only did she call herself Ibo which is a clearly indication she’s not one but what Igbo family will let a relationship go on knowing fully well they wouldn’t support it if time comes and what Igbo women cries over a man. I thought it was entertaining people actually believed her but then again Naira land is filled with gullible people.  Is the OP ileke idi, I’m not sure it’s plausible. She is after all the OP of the thread talking about how Nigerian and non-Nigerian women want Yoruba men; I guess since none of the women agreed she decided to create one.  It’s plausible and implausible at the same time.  Is the OP Yoruba, there’s plausibility. Is the OP Igbo, there’s a very little plausibility.

Andre first reply was humorous though.  It seems this is a common act on this website.  Igbo women crying over spoiled milk.  Jiri ya nwanyo I said, this a site filled with people with multiple accounts pretending to be different people or pretending to be from a tribe they are not.  This website has a very limited Igbo women population but this is a common topic on this website but on website Igbo women dey plenty case in point Facebook groups dedicated to Igbo people this is not a common topic among them; the closest I read from them similar to this type of topic was where are Igbo men at and whom will they marry Igbo or any naija.  If he wants to see real attitude of Igbo women then go to a place filled with Igbo women. You should never use this website as a glimpse of reality afterall this entire website magnifies something little, case in point delta Igbo separation from core Igbo.  If you go to places filled with us you would notice this is not a common topic/act among us.  This website is a place where people pretend to be something they are not.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by tpia5: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2011
Most of these types of threads are usually igbo/yoruba "couples" saying some people are against the relationship.

But in spite of all this, yoruba/igbo pairings would still be among the top five listings of all inter tribal unions among nigerians.

The other allegedly "discouraged" unions which still continue to be very common are nigerian/non-nigerian.

Every other day another thread pops up in which somebody is claiming people are against the union because of the partner's non-nigerian or nigerian status.

Yet we all see the high rate at which these same demographics are shooting through the roof.

So my advice is do whatever you want to do and stop asking strangers on nl for their opinion. You're the one in the relationship, not the millions of anonynimities on the web.

And like i asked on the other thread: by now shouldnt we be seeing the products of yorugbo couples. Ie yorugbo male plus yorugbo female abi dem no dey date?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by johndavid1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
emmatok:

LOLZ,

The-same Igbo men will allow A Chinco and Oyinbo man to marry their women.

Yet they discriminate against fallow Nigerians.
Tah mechionu der angry angry angry angry
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
tpia@:

Most of these types of threads are usually igbo/yoruba "couples" saying some people are against the relationship.

But in spite of all this, yoruba/igbo pairings would still be among the top five listings of all inter tribal unions among nigerians.

The other allegedly "discouraged" unions which still continue to be very common are nigerian/non-nigerian.

[size=18pt]Every other day another thread pops up in which somebody is claiming people are against the union because of the partner's non-nigerian or nigerian status.[/size]

Yet we all see the high rate at which these same demographics are shooting through the roof.

So my advice is do whatever you want to do and stop asking strangers on nl for their opinion. You're the one in the relationship, not the millions of anonynimities on the web.

And like i asked on the other thread: by now shouldnt we be seeing the products of yorugbo couples. Ie yorugbo male plus yorugbo female abi dem no dey date?

And the neanderthals on this thread are simply angry because it's never a Yoruba chick crying for an Igbo man.

I feel sorry for the girl, no wonder why she'd do anything to stick with her Yoruba boo.

Imagine the practice of Osu in this century, backward folks.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by scribble: 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
All these tribalistic a**holes can sniff d back of my bahlls cc@ andre uweh

Have a nice day!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by AndreUweh(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
scribble:

I am a yoruba guy dating an Ibo girl.
Chei I am having fun and I wanna marry her, so help me God.

All these tribalistic a**holes can sniff d back of my bahlls cc@ andre uweh

Have a nice day!
Shut up your smelly mouth lil fry, that Igbo girl must be a DESPERADO if at all you have one. It's a pity pigs now come here to claim they have Igbo girlfriends.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by scribble: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
@Andre (btw why are you named after an inexpensive champagne) grin

Dude she is from Imo and travels almost every month to come see me in Abuja.
er english name is Jessica, her Ibo name is Onyi.
she is the sweetest girl I've ever known.

I am a proud supporter of inter-cultural relationships.

Ibo women know how to love and I am loving her right back.
Perhaps if they didnt have to deal with scumbags like you all the time, they wouldnt be looking outside the East.

However we do live in a global world, and i must admit its no fault of hers. Im just charming as Bleep.

Have a nice evening dude.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by cantell(m): 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
scribble:

@Andre (btw why are you named after an inexpensive champagne) grin

Dude she is from Imo and travels almost every month to come see me in Abuja.
er english name is Jessica, her Ibo name is Onyi.
she is the sweetest girl I've ever known.

I am a proud supporter of inter-cultural relationships.

Ibo women know how to love and I am loving her right back.
Perhaps if they didnt have to deal with scumbags like you all the time, they wouldnt be looking outside the East.

However we do live in a global world, and i must admit its no fault of hers. Im just charming as bleep.

Have a nice evening dude.
Aww! Shut up!
You're probably hanging out with a LovePeddler way past her time* ie if you're not dreaming.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by tpia5: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
No, these men deliberately seek out igbo girls and am not saying they don't date other non igbo but igbo is a priced catch above all others

these must be nlers i guess.

but its true the yoruba men in question are that way towards any female, not only igbos.

the reason why it seems otherwise is because they are sweet talkers and make the woman or women feel special.

key word here is sweet talking.

check out any thread on nl where foreign [whether non-yoruba or non-nigerian] women are being praised- you'll find the chief praise singers are the yoruba males on nl.

they'll be the ones leading the attacks on any naysayer.

either openly or secretly.

also check any thread on inter-racial or inter-whatever relationships- yoruba guys will again be leading the pack and firmly reciting the i can date from anywhere mantra. I mean more than anyone else.

so, hope you get what i'm pointing out here.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by coogar: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
tpia@:

these must be nlers i guess.

but its true the yoruba men in question are that way towards any female, not only igbos.

the reason why it seems otherwise is because they are sweet talkers and make the woman or women feel special.

key word here is sweet talking.

check out any thread on nl where foreign [whether non-yoruba or non-nigerian] women are being praised- you'll find the chief praise singers are the yoruba males on nl.

they'll be the ones leading the attacks on any naysayer.

either openly or secretly.

also check any thread on inter-racial or inter-whatever relationships- yoruba guys will again be leading the pack and firmly reciting the i can date from anywhere mantra. I mean more than anyone else.

so, hope you get what i'm pointing out here.

tpia, quit the bashing of yoruba men - e don do!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by tpia5: 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^how am i bashing yoruba men?

i'm simply stating my observations and explaining to the poster in question the reason why it seems yoruba men are deliberately seeking out igbo girls.

or did you miss her post in your hurry to jump on mine?

No, these men deliberately seek out igbo girls and am not saying they don't date other non igbo but igbo is a priced catch above all others

and i specified yoruba males on nl.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by coogar: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
tpia@:

^^how am i bashing yoruba men?

that yoruba men love sweet-talking. grin

i'm simply stating my observations and explaining to the poster in question the reason why it seems yoruba men are deliberately seeking out igbo girls.

but the art of sweet-talking isn't synonymous to a particular tribe.
men are men everywhere.

or did you miss her post in your hurry to jump on mine?

i come in peace!

and i specified yoruba males on nl.

so you haven't seen igbo males flirting on nl?
have you by any chance come across names like whitelexi and theseeker? cheesy
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by tpia5: 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
theseeker is both igbo and yoruba.

no, not familiar with whitelexi.

and is there a reason why you're jumping on my post while refusing to respond to the initial one.

maybe because you're unable to argue her point?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by coogar: 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
tpia@:

theseeker is both igbo and yoruba.

how convenient!

no, not familiar with whitelexi.

now you know.

and is there a reason why you're jumping on my post while refusing to respond to the initial one.
maybe because you're unable to argue her point?

no need to feel important now. . . . .don't get it twisted!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by mbatuku1: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2011
christygenius aka ileke idi, sorry your thread failed.

Just wondering, are you or tpia by any chance yoruba men?

Goodluck with your self-importance agenda on NL. grin
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by christygenius(f): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ Ileke idi or what ever thing u call urself. I think u must be mentally insane for what u posted here. U must be a sadist who doesnt know what love is all abt.u need to get ur head to be clearly examined. Moreover, who even invited or need ur uselesss opinion here. Its ur sisters and any other women existing in ur useless life that are rejects, insane, ugly etc. Ure nothing but a tribalist.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by christygenius(f): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ high chief, please am not ileke idi or whatever, am a lady. Please take note!!!!!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by mbatuku1: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
^
This new ID of yours looks nice. I thought you always go by yoruba IDs.

Folks, behold The new Ileke Christy grin.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by christygenius(f): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2011
I sincerely appreciated all the sensible advice offered here by great Nairalanders with d heart of Gold. Thanks. As for those who were insulting themselves here by being tribalistic, i wonder what u'll achieve with that. Lets unite and see ourselves as one no matter the tribe. Since racism was abolished i think we should endearvor to put tribalism where it belong. As for my Fiance, i fell i love with him cos of who he is, always bringing out the best in me and being my source of happiness. If i was tribalistic, i wouldnt have known or experience the happiness i have with him. It doesnt mean that we should not date pple from our tribe but i think that wen ure searching for love, u look beyond tribe and discover who the person is

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka / Ooni Ogunwusi At The Library Of Congress In Washington D.C. - Photos / 7 Benefits Of Speaking Nigeria’s Three Major Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.