Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god (4220 Views)

Buhari Is Not God And We Will Not Worship Him, PDP Replies APC / Tinubu Vs DAAR Communications: Parties Failed To Settle Case Out Of Court (Pics) / Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by SouthEast1: 5:52am On Oct 16, 2011
Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/tinubu-vs-mimiko-%e2%80%98ondo-people-will-not-worship-a-foreign-god%e2%80%99/

Tinubu vs Mimiko: ‘Ondo people will not worship a foreign god’
On October 16, 2011 · In News

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor

The people of Ondo State will not bow  to worship a foreign entity, the state commissioner for information and strategy, Mr. Kayode Akinmade, has said.

Responding to claims of betrayal made against Governor Olusegun Mimiko and the determination of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, to ease the governor out of office in the 2012 gubernatorial election, Akinmade affirmed that the Ondo people would themselves determine their true leader.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, ACN leader,  was, at the weekend, quoted as saying during a town hall meeting of  the party  supporters in Ikorodu, Lagos State that “Mimiko must be hatched and pulled down for betrayal. Iroko has betrayed us; we must cut and pull it down.”

The manner of betrayal was, however, not disclosed. Tinubu and his powerful ACN machinery were believed to have been instrumental to Mimiko’s success in actualizing his mandate in 2009 as the Labour Party, LP, gubernatorial candidate in the 2007 general elections.

But responding to the claims against  Mimiko, Akinmade said: “When the time comes, the people of Ondo State will determine their true leader. The Ondo people will not worship any foreign god”.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by rasputinn(m): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2011
@ OP

Please edit the Foreign God to read "foreign god",as Mimiko meant Tinubu was a smaller case "god" and not the almighty

Kudos to Mimiko for not being gullible like Ajimobi,Amosun,Aregbesola(this one is so pathetic,he's worse than the rest in that he carries on as Tinubu's slave),Fashola(I hope the scales have completely fallen from his eyes and Oshiomhole(well this one is really not gullible,just another crook like Tinubu),however it's good to see gaping cracks appearing in okporlor eye's fiefdom
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Rhino5dm: 6:27am On Oct 16, 2011
I love this! Like i ealier mention in another thread that Tinubu CAN-not do anything to mimiko.

Last election should be a pointer to those vultures waiting to snatch the people's mandate.
God forbid us worshipping foriegn gods.

Iroooookkkkkkoooooo Joooooooor! Gba si be!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by rasputinn(m): 6:31am On Oct 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I love this! Like i ealier mention in another thread that Tinubu CAN-not do anything to mimiko.

Last election should be a pointer to those vultures waiting to snatch the people's mandate.
God forbid us worshipping foriegn gods.

Iroooookkkkkkoooooo Joooooooor! Gba si be!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

GOLDEN !!!
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by hercules07: 6:57am On Oct 16, 2011
Mimiko can talk now abi, he had better put his party in order else he will lose and lose nicely, when Tinubu was spending money and fighting OBJ over his mandate, Mimiko was not worshipping a foreign god abi, Mimiko is just an ingrate and his party members are not happy with him.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Knight1(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2011
hercules07:

Mimiko can talk now abi, he had better put his party in order else he will lose and lose nicely, when Tinubu was spending money and fighting OBJ over his mandate, Mimiko was not worshipping a foreign god abi, Mimiko is just an ingrate and his party members are not happy with him.
i'm tired of hearing this rubbish abeg. DId ACN not contest in 2007? the Election was won in 2007 by MImiko!
only when he was in court did the ACN claim to support him (the kind of support that they have failed to disclose up till today) DId they bribe judges on his behalf or pay his legal fees?
Come next year by God's grace, if the people will, MImiko will win again and nothing will happen!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Akanbiedu(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2011
They will.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Akanbiedu(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2011
Tipa tipa laa fi feran sango.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by hercules07: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2011
Tinubu deployed resources to help Mimiko (do you think SANs come cheap), he also used his radio station to badger the PDP to submission in the state, there is nothing wrong in Mimiko going for a second term, but abusing the man who helped you reclaim your mandate is not on.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by dayokanu(m): 9:09am On Oct 16, 2011
Ondo State must be rescued by the ACN

We cant abandon our Ondo brothers
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by olaezebala: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2011
Just the way Aregbe(TINUBU's dog) is helping Osun State people by doing nothing and always running to Lagos to worship his boss. Leave Ondo alone. Don't make Ondo another Osun. Please
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by seunlayi(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2011
olaezebala:

Just the way Aregbe(TINUBU's dog) is helping Osun State people by doing nothing and always running to Lagos to worship his boss. Leave Ondo alone. Don't make Ondo another Osun. Please
I wonder how some people do think. What is the difference between the tinubus and the pdp's? Just the same bunch of looters. Ondo people should choice a leader that we benefit them not the ones that will make lagos their state capital.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by TenKobo1: 10:22am On Oct 16, 2011
I just wish they could come a bit open about the whole fight. Did Tinubu help bribe the judges, if yes, how much did he spend? Secondly, what is the nature of Mimiko's betrayal? Refusing to open his state treasury for Asiwaju Area boys to ravage, as he has done to that of Lagos state or just what?
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Hardeyorlah(f): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2011
must ACN win in Ondo state?
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Rhino5dm: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2011
Dont bother responding to these ACN goons. Majority of them are posting from Texas,Chicago,China,Canada. . , The only access to reality for them is google earth cheesy and fifth lies via google search. Let them dream on!

Heck! They quickly forget that mimiko flooded OBJ's war machineries. What more common Tinubu? To us mimiko is our god, and we cannot blaspheme by worshipping idols(God forbid).

Irooookoooooo Joooooor! Gba si be!!!!!! cheesy

Hardeyorlah:

must ACN win in Ondo state?
. .
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Antiscam1: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
What is all dis noise about?, We only need JIMOH IBRAHIM in our governor's office come 2012!
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Ufeolorun(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2011
He better be ready to fight.If this is the message (Ondo People Will Not Vote For A Foreign Leader ) hes going to run with during election period then he will fail.He needs to ask Segun Oni of ekiti what happened  to him and his message of 'Ekiti will not be ruled from Lagos'.

Bola Ilori the former alimosho lg. chair, Ajasin's daughter wouldnt look foreign to ondo peeps.

wink
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by EkoIle1: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2011
This is just another political hack running his mouth, we all know mimiko is siting inside the state house because others made it possible for him. He's the governor of Ondo state because the ACN/Tinubu let him. The same Ondo people can't wait to get rid of him and join their ACN brothers and sisters across Yorubaland.

He will worship that god and that's if he's not doing it behind closed doors already.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by tpia5: 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
How is tinubu foreign?
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
[size=14pt]Sycophancy, the bane of the Nigerian existence![/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by executinal(m): 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2011
Tinubu a foreign god grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by rasputinn(m): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Ondo State must be rescued by the ACN

We cant abandon our Ondo brothers

Tufiakwa,since when did ROBBED BLIND mean the same thing as RESCUED

God forbid that the Judges-bribing,election-rigging,state-treasury-pocketing rogues like Tinubu should have any political footing in Ondo state

Irokooooooo,you're too much
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by rasputinn(m): 2:53pm On Oct 16, 2011
Ufeolorun:

He better be ready to fight.If this is the message (Ondo People Will Not Vote For A Foreign Leader )

Don't be misled by the mods,the man didn't say leader(as Tinubu is not one),he said god

Ufeolorun:

Bola Ilori the former alimosho lg. chair, Ajasin's daughter wouldnt look foreign to ondo peeps.

At least she's not a treasury-looting and cocaine-pushing tin-god
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by daphil: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2011
Common, I am tired of hearing bullshit about how Mimiko betrayed Tinubu/ACN. How did he betrayed them, is it because Mimiko refused to open the Ondo State treasury for Tinubu to loot like he is doing in Lagos? For all of you siding with Tinubu, I pity all of you because you failed to recognise that Tnubu is not a democratic but an investor. He puts his money where it will yield dividend for him. But in the case of Ondo State, he failed. That is why all these letting devil loose is on. grin
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by kings33(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2011
Who is this tinubu sef. Thinks he can unseat any gov he dislikes.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Jarus(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2011
I'm interested in this battle. It's gonna be interesting. But if I were Tinubu's'adviser, I will not advise him to battle Mimiko, cos with all machinery and incumbency advantage on his side, Mimiko is not likely to be unseated. Tinubu should learn lesson from Saraki snr in Kwara.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by aljharem3: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2011
Jarus:

I'm interested in this battle. It's gonna be interesting. But if I were Tinubu's'adviser, I will not advise him to battle Mimiko, cos with all machinery and incumbency advantage on his side, Mimiko is not likely to be unseated. Tinubu should learn lesson from Saraki snr in Kwara.

I would not want tinubu to win every single SW state, It is dangerous BUT Kwara is just pathetic. The Sarakis have been ruling since the 70/80s or so and still ruling the state through Ahmed.

Really when will Kwara leave this sis-pit
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by EkoIle1: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2011
alj_harem:

I would not want tinubu to win every single SW state, It is dangerous BUT Kwara is just pathetic. The Sarakis have been ruling since the 70/80s or so and still ruling the state through Ahmed.

Really when will Kwara leave this sis-pit

Who is voting and who is wining? Tinubu or the people of SW?

You are still empty with no soul.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by SouthEast1: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
Moderator stop changing the title of posts especially if that is what the original article states.
Are you a Tinubu stooge
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by bosunolu(m): 9:40am On Oct 17, 2011
Mimiko cannot get Ondo Mandate for the 2nd time. It's one slot for each senatorial district. It is the turn of Ondo north. As for ACN, I guess Ondo people know what is right for them. Ondo is enlightened politically and hence do not need any political lord from elsewhere to teach them where their votes will swing.
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2011
Them don dey fear the Almighty Tinubu even before the election, OMG Tinubu you are truly great,
Re: Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god by djustice: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
The moderators are definitely ACN sympathisers. Any post critical of Fash-ole, Tinubu or the Asiwaju Criminal Network is immediately taken off the first page and kept off it. Or they simply send it to another less-visible forum.

Lagos Taxpayers Money at work, pay your tax.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development / Pic Of Fake Abubakar Shekau When He Was Captured Surfaces Online / Northern People's Congress(NPC) Membership Card(1955)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.