Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) (2866 Views)

Ebonyi To Repair Airport Runway With 13.7 Billion Naira / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) / Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by RecentHistory: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2023
Emetex22:

You are being honest by half, countries have joint laws on international water ways, as long you have access, treaties can be signed for ease of goods. China ans USA share international treaties on South China seas with certain stipulations

Not a treaty. You will go and kneel down to beg Cross River to let you pass.

Just so you know, Cross River people and Ebonyi people are sworn enemies.

1 Like

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by RecentHistory: 8:51am On Sep 06, 2023
horsepower102:

I literally told you the law and you are typing this rubbish.

The UN Convention of laws of the seas.

If your country is a signatory to the UN, they have accepted the laws of UN. Nigeria is a signatory.

Was Cameroun not a signatory to the UN convention when they blocked Biafran access in 1967?

You don't have sense.

1 Like

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by RecentHistory: 8:52am On Sep 06, 2023
horsepower102:

Ok now I see where you are heading. We igbos will cross that bridge when we get there.

All we need it’s just an independent Igbo country. Other issues will be handled in time.

Knowing igbos, they will exhaust all peaceful and diplomatic options first so that whatever happens after that, the international community won’t blame them.

Exactly what we are saying.

You are thieves who are out to steal the resources of the SS. You will be dealt with just as your fathers were dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2023
RecentHistory:

Not a treaty. You will go and kneel down to beg Cross River to let you pass.

Just so you know, Cross River people and Ebonyi people are sworn enemies.
sworn enemies

Bros you nor well
Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by horsepower102: 8:56am On Sep 06, 2023
RecentHistory:

Exactly what we are saying.

You are thieves who are out to steal the resources of the SS. You will be dealt with just as your fathers were dealt with.

Before I respond to you. What ethnicity in the south south are you from?

I am from the same south south that you speak of so don’t come with that nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by horsepower102: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2023
RecentHistory:

Was Cameroun not a signatory to the UN convention when they blocked Biafran access in 1967?

You don't have sense.

Cameroun blocked land border access. Not sea access.

2 Likes

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2023
naijapips04:

There is no law anywhere on this earth that says a sovereign country MUST give you access to it's waterways. None.
lol. I understand the hate but you are not a politician. It would not be you that would determine what Nigeria will do. Your contributions end on nairaland. In the real world, peace treaties are made between countries and diplomacy rules

3 Likes

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by RecentHistory: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2023
horsepower102:

Cameroun blocked land border access. Not sea access.

Why then could Biafra import from from that route?
Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by Makavelli001: 9:27am On Sep 06, 2023
Why are you people always focusing on south east being land lock or not?
You people are not saying anything about the real landlock territory of Nigeria which is the NORTH. If Nigeria is to divide today. The north is the one that will suffer most. But waitooo....
Is Niger not landlock?
Is Mali not land lock?
Is Central Africa not landlock?
Are they not surviving?? Or even doing better.
With Airspace any landlock country can strive even better than those that have access to the sea.

As far as I'm concerns, igboland is not landlock. The south east is just a fragment of igboland.
Opobo and port Harcourt are igboland, whether Nigeria like it or not.
WHEN THE TIME COMES, WE WILL KNOW WHO TRULY OWNS IGWE NGA AND IGWU OCHA.

1 Like

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by horsepower102: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2023
RecentHistory:

Why then could Biafra import from from that route?

I believe you meant to ask: why then could Biafra not import from that route.

Two things:

Nigeria had a deal with cameroun to cede bakassi peninsular to Cameroon in exchange for border blockade.

the British used their navy to blockade bight of Biafra coast line.

I don’t blame you for not knowing these things. I blame the Nigerian education system for not teaching history in schools.

3 Likes

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by RecentHistory: 9:38am On Sep 06, 2023
horsepower102:

I believe you meant to ask: why then could Biafra not import from that route.

Two things:

Nigeria had a deal with cameroun to cede bakassi peninsular to Cameroon in exchange for border blockade.

the British used their navy to blockade bight of Biafra coast line.

I don’t blame you for not knowing these things. I blame the Nigerian education system for not teaching history in schools.

Didn't you claim to have a right of entry and exit under international law before Britain blocked you losers inside.

Simply means that if you piss off your neighbors tomorrow, they will once again, lock you inside again like insolent kids.
Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by horsepower102: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2023
RecentHistory:

Didn't you claim to have a right of entry and exit under international law before Britain blocked you losers inside.

Simply means that if you piss off your neighbors tomorrow, they will once again, lock you inside again like insolent kids.

You are mixing and confusing different issues because you are so desperate to attack me without reasoning first.

Let’s get back on topic:

Read below and see the laws governing waterways happened years after the civil war.

The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) was adopted on December 10, 1982. It entered into force on November 16, 1994, following ratification by a sufficient number of countries. UNCLOS is an international treaty that governs various aspects of ocean use, including territorial waters, exclusive economic zones, and the rights and responsibilities of states in maritime areas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by pek(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2023
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcdY-X1aHnk?si=j4k387HhlGwOpQ05

Many people doesn't don't know you can go to Cameroon through Ofrekpe River in Ebonyi state

2 Likes

Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

Biafra was not a recognised country at the time and UN conventions were not applied to it
Re: Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) by Generalmystic: 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wow it didn't know Ebonyi has access to body of water that leads to Cameroon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotels In Calabar / Any Nigerian Living In VT / Why Are Nigerians Still Moving To The Uk With Current High Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.