Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Man Commits Suicide Over Lover's Alleged Infidelity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Commits Suicide Over Lover's Alleged Infidelity (864 Views)

Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend / No B Small Thing O :ladies In Court For Fighting Over Lover / Nollywood Stars, Rita Dominic, Genevieve Nnaji Fight Over Lover - Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide Over Lover's Alleged Infidelity by Oletunow(m): 4:10am On Oct 17, 2011
"AT the instance ofa love relationship that went sour, a young man has committed suicide by hanging himself on a tree near his house in the early hours of Friday. This, interestingly, is the latest in a chain of suicides that are assuming an alarming frequency and dimension in the land.

The deceased, Nurudeen, a middle-aged Hausa man who lived near both the Nigerian Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) office and a State Security Service (SSS) quarters situated at Link Reservation Area, Onireke, Ibadan, had returned home from work on Thursday night complaining to his neighbour about his lover's constant late arrival from work, a development he attributed to a possible liaison between her and another man lately. This fuelled a bitter row between Nurudeen, a bricklayer by profession, whose father reportedly works as a fashion designer in Sabo area of Ibadan, and his lover.

According to the neighbour, who spoke to Saturday Tribune under the condition of anonymity, "Nurudeen came to my 'boys quarter' at a few minutes to 7:00 p.m expressing worries that his lover, Mariam, had not arrived from work as she was wont to do lately. I told him not to bother himself but to take things calmly, assuring him that there was no need to suspect her for what he had no concrete evidence about. Not satisfied with my advice, he walked away angrily. But shortly after he left my room, I heard Mariam's voice nearby, signalling her arrival. What followed was a round of quarrels. After a futile attempt to settle the quarrel between them, I reported them to some NDLEA men nearby who intervened and helped to restore some measure of peace."

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/oct/16/604.html

Is it love, lust, foolishness, immaturity, what do you think?, Is it even worth it inflicting some bodily harms on yourself if your soulmate and the one love dearly cheat on you?
Re: Man Commits Suicide Over Lover's Alleged Infidelity by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 17, 2011
is it "suicide over your jilted lover" week or something?
yesterday it was the story about the gal with the 24 bfs who hanged herself, now it's this one. oh lawd!!!
Re: Man Commits Suicide Over Lover's Alleged Infidelity by jahmed(m): 4:38am On Oct 17, 2011
wow suicide it would've been murder for me

(1) (Reply)

So Y Cant A Woman Marry Two Men? / Heeelp I Wan't To Break Up With My Girlfriend / Mark Zuckerberg Gets Married To Long-time Girlfriend At Surprise Wedding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.