Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? (16608 Views)

Women Queue And Kneel For Foodstuffs And Money From Woman Sitting Majestically / Tinubu Insists He Brought Buhari To Power And Will Succeed Him / PIA: When 3% Is Greater Than 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Fearyourcreator: 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2023
Maxxim:

Dey play Bill gates has almost bought all the land in us now, wetin e dey take buy am?
Abi if em give opinion people no go follow abi

Sebi na power Elon take but Twitter and dey control it's users
Make he get issue with power first na .. see as Nigeria ban same twitter ... Facebook no dey china... Na power be that... They can only control their businesses... If them mess things up power will crush them ASAP... See Jack Ma from China ... Abrahimovic wey them purse from Chelsea... Power pass money abeg... This wealthy guys always want to lobby with people in power for protection... They know they are nothing without people in power ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Ofadaman(m): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
Never chose money over power. Its how the Escobar got money but couldn't last because they lacked the power.

You can be rich, but if the state is after you, you will suffer, your businesses will struggle, until you lose it all, ...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by valETA1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2023
Power needs money to maintain elevation
Money buys, maintain present and future continously elevations grin grin

Updated; grin grin
It takes absolute failure from Money, before and only when Power mesmerises and subdue Money
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Allisgud: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2023
Money more money can give any kind of power u want,that is what tinubu is using to buy the mouth of everyone inec , judiciary, military,olopa,nlc,the crowds at campaign,the touts during election, with ur money u can have a generals number,IG number and used them as u want
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by livinbygrace: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2023
Now I know we have so many kids here on Nairaland.
Have ever heard the word “Money without power is meaningless”? Or why do you think MKO despite all his wealth wanted to become president and so many rich people ?
I have made money and from my personal experience ,if you have money and no power you ain’t there yet!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Allisgud: 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
Wawelexy:
You can have money and still not have power..... The present Abachas

You can have power but yet, no money..... The present Awolowos

When you have money and power, you are the real GOAT... The present Tinubus

If you don't understand the illustration up there, you are a kid....
oga the money brought him the power he wants which is the president,he is the highest bidder in the primary, with money he paid inec chairman hugely which others cannot afford
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Oyerinde16(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2023
People use money to buy power... you cannot have power and not have money unless you don't know how to use the power...

E.g armed robbers have power cos u.must obey when the hold you... those of them that know how to use their power will make bustard money, they get what they want with or without money... take a look at Park chairmen all they have is power n they.make money with it...

If you have money, you will use it to buy power... sometimes. You and your money it will be to he'll with you...

If you have money without power,and I have power, I can come to your house and collect the money and nothing will happen...

I prefer power...

1 Like

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Allisgud: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ekpekus:
Power
With power, you can get money and subject those with money to penury. No try power....

With great power comes great responsibility. It makes or mar a generation and generations yet unborn.

Abacha can clear your doubts on this.
so why is buhari not the richest man in Nigeria or the most feared dangerous native doctor,or former chief of army staff get money pass dangote
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Vicjnr08: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2023
DaveHarry:
Between power and money which one is greater. For the deep thinkers!

You can't have power without money.
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Shattuck(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Make Dangote get issues with Joe Biden you sef go suffer am
dangote and Biden no be mate nah. But money is powerful Sha.
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by MySolace: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Power is power.

Money is just one of numerous ways of acquiring power.

It could be economical; which is money.
Spiritual... Pastors, Reverends, chiefpriests, Alfas etc...

Political... president, Governor, and other various elective and appointive political positions.

Military...or force. Guns and ammunitions

Social... Kingship, title holders etc..

Education... Ur educational qualification is ur power. (Lawyers, has been holding Nigerians on their blokos through INEC and tribunal.).

But den, some power pass power grin grin

Which one u get OP? grin grin grin.

Meanwhile, it's pertinent we throw some light wot power means.
In a modest definition, it's d ability to give order and command compliance. Abi e pass am? cheesy
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Shattuck(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ekpekus:

Are you sure? Do you know what the power in the west or even China has done? Power is power...
Do you know even with money, you can't make things go away if the power that be are determined to humble you.
Ask Jack Mi, Bill Gates and Pablo Escobar
I know power is something else ,but money can't be underrated,even in America some folks will say coperate america controls the govt.
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by mvouchercodes(m): 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Power
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Maxxim: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2023
dyera:

If you think you are so powerful because you are a billionaire, go and murder someone, it's a judge that has less than 500k in his bank account that will send you to lifetime imprisonment.
Every human on this earth is subjugated to follow the rule of the constitution of their country, even the powerful Judge will find emself in that position, that's normal
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Maxxim: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Make he get issue with power first na .. see as Nigeria ban same twitter ... Facebook no dey china... Na power be that... They can only control their businesses... If them mess things up power will crush them ASAP... See Jack Ma from China ... Abrahimovic wey them purse from Chelsea... Power pass money abeg... This wealthy guys always want to lobby with people in power for protection... They know they are nothing without people in power ..

Okay, let's assume every human is opportune to choose their fate either to be a local government chairman who controls his cda and a Multi billionaire like Bill gates I'm sure you'll definitely choose the earlier right

Oga we go tey for here😁
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Karlifate: 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
MySolace:
Power is power.

Money is just one of numerous ways of acquiring power.

It could be economical; which is money.
Spiritual... Pastors, Reverends, chiefpriests, Alfas etc...

Political... president, Governor, and other various elective and appointive political positions.

Military...or force. Guns and ammunitions

Social... Kingship, title holders etc..

Education... Ur educational qualification is ur power. (Lawyers, has been holding Nigerians on their blokos through INEC and tribunal.).

But den, some power pass power grin grin

Which one u get OP? grin grin grin.

Meanwhile, it's pertinent we throw some light wot power means.
In a modest definition, it's d ability to give order and command compliance. Abi e pass am? cheesy

Apt!

Dangote with Financial and Administrative Power is more powerful than many ex-Governors, ex-Senators, ex-Ministers etc. with Political Power that only lasted 4/8 years.

The definition of Power is subjective.

In Nigeria, Financial Power takes the lead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Allisgud: 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
livinbygrace:
Now I know we have so many kids here on Nairaland.
Have ever heard the word “Money without power is meaningless”? Or why do you think MKO despite all his wealth wanted to become president and so many rich people ?
I have made money and from my personal experience ,if you have money and no power you ain’t there yet!
so the tinubu that conerd votes,that judges,inec chairman is licking his ass,is power abi so what is the power that he is still looking for
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2023
flokii:
Power..

You can have all the money in the world but power can still mess you up. When you have power, you'll control money.

Correct.

My Final Verdict.

There are Extremely Powerful Entities on this Planet whom Money is Nothing or Nonsense to Them.

They will Rubbish you with your Trillions and Billions of whatever Nonsense currency you have.

hey are in Total control of Humanity.

Entities who still rely on Money to run things are Kids in the Grand Scheme Of Things.

2 Likes

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Allisgud: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2023
casualobserver:

A man with power can never lack money, if he lacks money it is because he is not motivated by money. e.g a principled public official/ civil servant, .
let me even ask u what kind of power are u talking about
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by abuhlawal(m): 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2023
handsomeyinka:
Power gives you the authority over anything in this life.
With power,you can acquire wealth.

Even with money without the right strategies,you might not be powerful but you can be respected.

But with power,you will surely acquire wealth,fame and respect.
Forget about strategy, money is the best strategy
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
Allisgud:
let me even ask u what kind of power are u talking about

Are you a Kid?

He is definitely talking about Spiritual Power off course. Once you attain great Spiritual Power, You will easily control the Physical.

Power and Principalities that controls all men.
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Christistruth03: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ekpekus:
Power
With power, you can get money and subject those with money to penury. No try power....

With great power comes great responsibility. It makes or mar a generation and generations yet unborn.

Abacha can clear your doubts on this.

Abacha that Just used to send Soldiers to the Central Bank to collect money anyhow
Even when he demanded for dollars and there were none the Central Bank went all over the Lagos to find him Travellers Cheques in dollars they bought about $4 Million of Travellers Cheques at a go
I had an uncle who was working at the Central Bank at the time
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by mikmash(m): 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
MONEY , POWER,RESPECT.

1 Like

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
ObeyPaul:
With power I'll order boys to beat you and collect your money.

With money I'll pay boys to kill you with your power

If you Jam person like me wey my power pass all powers and all principalities.

You and your useless boys will be strike DEAD with Spiritual Thunder the very moment you start thinking anything bad towards me at that very Spot you are doing the Thinking.

E Shock you abi? You neva see ChomChin.

You Can Give It A Trial.
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by k10: 12:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
power beats money anytime!!
Do you want me to show you pictures of Dangote kneeling for Tinubu or Buhari, or you have forgotten Abacha vs MKO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Fronesis: 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2023
There are many forms of power. Money is a form of power- its financial power. There's intellectual power, there's physical power, there's military power, there's political and influential power, there's spiritual power, there's almighty power. A combination of these different types determines how much power you control.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Allisgud: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2023
The reason people woke up 4am go to work only to return home by 9pm after hrs in hold up that's how u do it for 30 days,the only reason u are respecting ur manager at workplace is because he earn more than u,if u are both earning the same thing u wount respect him,he wount even accept the position as a manager
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Money in itself is power, It's called Economic Power.
Gbam!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by checky619: 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
olaztek:

Dangote with his money is very powerful. He can use his money to influence matters in the national assembly. He can bankroll a political opponent to overcome tinubu in next election.
He can sponsor rebels, terrorist and protesters to destroy the political gain of the president.
Even the big US govt is controlled by few super rich individuals.

Pablo tried all these things and how did it end?
At some point Pablo placed a $1million bounty on every police man you eliminate in Columbia… Dangote does not even have half of what Pablo had in his prime
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by oyoofong(m): 12:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
Money will gravitate towards power. Power will bring money. They're both good. Money will earn you power. For this purpose, I choose POWER
Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Fronesis:
There are many forms of power. Money is a form of power- its financial power. There's intellectual power, there's physical power, there's military power, there's political and influential power, there's spiritual power, there's almighty power. A combination of these different types determines how much power you control.

No Cap too far.

Spiritual Power Lords over all Powers and Principalities.

Spiritual Power is the code name for SCIENCE.

1 Like

Re: Power And Money. Which One Is Greater? by Father4all: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2023
Are you not hear what PDP use to say? PDP POWER!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War / "I Never Said APC Is Responsible For Nigerians Suffering" - Okorocha Cries Out / Employment Scandal Rocks National Population Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.