Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps (3261 Views)

Stakeholders Kick As APC Fronts Gbajabiamila For Reps Majority Leader / Breaking News: Gbajabiamila Emerges APC Candidate For Reps Speakership / Igbo Man Defeats Incumbent In Lagos For Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Ovularia: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
Tambuwal sets rules as Reps opt for N2.5b cars
By Yusuf Alli 15 hours 4 minutes ago
Font size:   

Aminu Tambuwal
•360 Camry cars for members
To ensure prudence, Speaker Aminu Tambuwal has set new financial rules as the House of Representatives opts for N2.5billion worth of Toyota Camry cars for its 360 members’ oversight functions.
The unit price of the highest grade of the car (double cylinders) is said to be N7million going by the official rate adopted to buy the same brand for Senators in the last National Assembly.
It was, however, learnt that other brands of the same car could cost between N5.6m (second hand) and N6.5million.
Tambuwal is said to have imposed stringent conditions for the purchase of the cars to avert dragging the House leadership’s name in the mud as was the case in the past.
Tambuwal also asked members to stay away from the award of contracts relating to the cars and any other item.
He said the management of the National Assembly, which is the civil service arm, will handle the purchase.
The House, it was learnt, split into four groups on whether or not to buy the cars.
The groups are those opposed to new cars because of the fiscal challenge facing the country and a N2.8billion car scam that trailed the last House; those in support of new cars; those who wanted members to use buses from the vehicle pool for oversight functions; and those insisting that Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) should provide vehicles for members on oversight assignments.
After weeks of heated debate, members last week settled for the Camry cars instead of the Peugeot 407 ST Sports cars used by members of the last House.
Although the exact number of cars the House will buy is being jealously guarded, it was gathered that it might not be less than 360 translating to a car per head.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Alhaji Zakari Mohammed, confirmed that the House has settled for Camry cars.
He also explained that new financial procedures have been adopted by Tambuwal and the House leadership in line with the House’s legislative agenda.
Mohammed said: “Tambuwal said whatever vehicles will be purchased must be handled by the management of the National Assembly and not House Committees. No member of the House shall be part of the process.
“The Speaker has also given directive that the tender process must follow the Procurement Act and payment for the cars and the projects will be effected by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). We will follow due process.
“Unlike in the past, the new cars will be the property of the National Assembly and not individual members of the House.”
A source in the House, who spoke in confidence, said: “I know each member will be assigned a Toyota Camry car but the units might not be up to 360 like the case with the sixth House.
“We weighed all options critically in the last six weeks before deciding to buy Toyota Camry cars for members’ oversight functions. The choice of Toyota Camry was based on technical advice.
“We felt we cannot depend on MDAs that we are to supervise for vehicles to monitor them as it will amount to compromising members.
“It will also look clumsy drawing buses from the House Vehicles Pool because committees’ schedule may clash. A considerable number of time will be wasted for members to converge on the National Assembly to board buses for oversight functions.”
Another member of the House added:  “At the end of the day, we chose to buy Camry Cars for all members but with some conditions attached by the Speaker.
“The Speaker has gone tough on how to go about the purchase of the cars.
“Members agreed that we will fund the car project from our outstanding N30billion for capital projects. We will not take a loan to do that.
“None of the vehicles will be personally owned by members unlike the situation in the past.”
Asked to clarify a few grey areas, a second term member said: “The Toyota Camry cars we are buying for oversight functions are for all members. Each member of the House will be entitled to a car.
“It is not a case of two cars per committee; every member will have a Toyota Camry car for oversight functions.”
The source said the oversight cars are different from the personal car which each member can take a separate N7milion loan for.
He added: “As I am talking to you, each member is entitled to a personal loan of N7million to buy a car of his choice.
“Already, the management of the National Assembly has started deducting this loan gradually from the salaries of members even when some have not accessed it.
“Statutorily, every member is entitled to a car loan which can be accessed anytime. This loan is repayable and the deduction of the loan has started upfront from members’ salaries.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/23131-tambuwal-sets-rules-as-reps-opt-for-n2-5b-cars.html
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Demdem(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
must we always go through this same cycle at every dispensation? its disheartening to be honest. buying new set of cars. either personal or NASS management is immaterial.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Dem wan begin tif again. angry
How can we get rid of the NASS and their excesses without bloodshed?
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Akanbiedu(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
Cars are definitely easier to buy than building roads. he he
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by doctokwus: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
How can it be 4 committee work and they are going for individual cars,meaning they won't be arriving as a committee;if they are sincere they shd av gone for d most comfortable bus that can take nothing less than 10members each.
Imagine after what happened wt d previous house leadership,they still av d nerve to go for another jamboree,some people are really tempting faith
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
What is happening to Bankole will surely happen to Tambuwal.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by doctokwus: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

What is happening to Bankole will surely happen to Tambuwal.
Is this u or somebody using ur username?
D greater nigerian project to rescue this nation frm d gutters shd b non partisan,not ethnic or religion based and non sentimental
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
doctokwus:

Is this u or somebody using your username?
D greater nigerian project to rescue this nation frm d gutters shd b non partisan,not ethnic or religion based and non sentimental

What sort of question is that? I hope you are not implying that Bankole's travails are not due to his kleptomania, but to some weird case of ethnic bigotry instead. Is that what you are saying, cos I don't understand your post.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by doctokwus: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

What sort of question is that? I hope you are not implying that Bankole's travails are not due to his kleptomania, but to some weird case of ethnic bigotry instead. Is that what you are saying, cos I don't understand your post.
U av bn coming across as a biased defender of everything pro PDP;I am thus surprised that u c sth wrong wt Tambuwal's action,unless I mis_interpreted ur post
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
doctokwus:

U av bn coming across as a biased defender of everything pro PDP;I am thus surprised that u c sth wrong wt Tambuwal's action,unless I mis_interpreted your post

If you are an ACN supporter, I would come across that way indeed. Lol!
ACN is a party that takes the scoop for hypocricy, corruption and outright lying (they helped scheme Tambuwal in).

A couple of things I stand for unreservedly, are development and uprightness. To that end, I see the likes of Tambuwal, Bankole, Gbenga Daniel, Ibori and Tinubu as great enemies of Nigerian society; Tinubu especially is a purveyor of the politics of ethnic bigotry and dangerous separatism.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by jmaine: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
This is [b]solely GEJ [/b]fault for allowing Tambuwal stay as a speaker . . . PDP corruption in NASS is unprecedented . . . Damn !!!  smiley . . . .
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by aljharem3: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

ACN is a party that takes the scoop for hypocricy, corruption and outright lying (they helped scheme Tambuwal in).

A couple of things I stand for unreservedly, are development and uprightness. To that end, I see the likes of Tambuwal, Bankole, Gbenga Daniel, Ibori and Tinubu as great enemies of Nigerian society; Tinubu especially is a purveyor of the politics of ethnic bigotry and dangerous separatism.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked from beaf shocked shocked shocked Thank God

He has given you conscience  and be sensitive to Nigerians.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by doctokwus: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
pls,am not affiliated to any party;u wud c me criticising that absentee area man that calls himself a gov in Osun state as u wud c me criticisin that clown of a disaster in Abia state that is about to take d state to d abyss.
If u do well u shd b praised and if u are messing up,we all shd rise up in one voice and tell all d rogues they are
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
doctokwus:

pls,am not affiliated to any party;u wud c me criticising that absentee area man that calls himself a gov in Osun state as u wud c me criticisin that clown of a disaster in Abia state that is about to take d state to d abyss.
If u do well u shd b praised and if u are messing up,we all shd rise up in one voice and tell all d rogues they are

That is true indeed.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
jmaine:

This is [size=14pt]solely GEJ[/size] fault for allowing Tambuwal stay as a speaker . . . PDP corruption in NASS is unprecedented . . . Damn !!!  smiley . . . .

Lol!
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Pukkah: 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^^Exactly.

Our bias should be for good governance for long-suffering Nigerians and not party-induced. You're free to have a soft spot for a political party though but you should be fair and firm to speak against bad governance wherever you perceive it.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by aljharem3: 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
Pukkah:

^^^Exactly.

Our bias should be for good governance for long-suffering Nigerians and not party-induced. You're free to have a soft spot for a political party though but you should be fair and firm to speak against bad governance wherever you perceive it.

gbamm well said.

that was my problem with beaf and his likes.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by jmaine: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

gbamm well said.

that was my problem with beaf and his likes.

Who are the likes . . .scared to mention names or your just into beaf undecided
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by aljharem3: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2011
jmaine:

Point B, Papabrown, henry101, Johndoe etc

scared of what ?
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
Wetin PDP don do for this we country
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by jmaine: 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

scared of what ?

I laced a trap for you and you ate it as expected, yet you tell us your not partisan . .mentioning only names seen to be supporting a particular platform . . . . . . expected you to mention other ardent party supporters like Gbawe, seanet,Eko-Ile et al.,  together with those names you claim you have problems with . . .

But this thread goes to show that Corruption is a common denominator with all political parties in Nigeria . . .all they require is an opportunity to operate  before they unravel the usual corrupt antecedents of Nigerian politicians
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
jmaine:

Don't mind that intellectual riff-raff.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by aljharem3: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
jmaine:

I laced a trap for you and you ate it as expected, yet you tell us your not partisan . .mentioning only names seen to be supporting a particular platform . . . . . . expected you to mention other ardent party supporters like Gbawe, seanet,Eko-Ile et al.,  together with those names you claim you have problems with . . .

But this thread goes to show that Corruption is a common denominator with all political parties in Nigeria . . .all they require is an opportunity to operate  before they unravel the usual corrupt antecedents of Nigerian politicians

I guess you missed the "etc" grin grin

eko ile and co as well
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by jmaine: 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

I guess you missed the "etc" grin grin

eko ile and co as well

Oga Harem, For ya mind you don dodge  grin grin
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
jmaine:

Oga Harem, For ya mind you don dodge  grin grin

grin grin grin grin Dodge wetin ? grin grin

But on the real, Yes eko ile , seant02 and co should be added.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by jumobi1(m): 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
the other party members have a right to refuse new cars if its really PDPs fault.
I'm sure they are presently driven in cars and the past REPS had/have cars.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
jumobi1:

the other party members have a right to refuse new cars if its really PDPs fault.
I'm sure they are presently driven in cars and the past REPS had/have cars.

They all knew what they were up to when they voted in a thief who used to be one of Bankole's right hand men. I tire for Nigeria.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Oct 18, 2011
alj_harem:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked from beaf shocked shocked shocked Thank God

He has given you conscience  and be sensitive to Nigerians.

Alhaji rejoice not yet. let me step on the snake's tail and you will see his true colour.

Beaf:

very good beaf, am encouraged by this but what about the Chief Dog of Delta (Udaughan)? wassup with him? cool cool cool
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Beaf: 8:37am On Oct 18, 2011
^
You are a fool for sure. More intelligent folk don't keep repeating themselves like they are severely autistic.

Tambuwal is a thief like Tinubu and Tinubu bribed the World to get him there. Deal with that, Tinubu is a frog-eyed thief and an enemy of Nigeria; Tambuwal is his ugly gift.
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by Demdem(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2011
^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin Alhaji, can u see  grin grin grin grin grin
ACCURSED undisputed. as long as u enjoy evading direct questions, then i will continue to ask you the same. Damn Tinubu, tambuwal and their likes. You tell me whassup with the Chief Dog of Delta.
ODE !!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-783961.0.html#msg9363916
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by PointB: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2011
alj_harem:

scared of what ?

lol.

I guess it has more to do with this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739353.0.html

than with any thing else.

In any case, I don't give an ant's a$$ what a nincompoop like you think about me!
Piece of junk!
Re: Tambuwal Sets New Financial Rules For Reps by oresajo(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2011
Toyota camry worth 7m each still dey r entitled to anoda 7m car loan, dis is crazy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Board Jonathan's Train / I Will Relocate Back To East If Apc Win Lagos State Again- Ifeduba / Ifeanyi Ubah Please Keep Your Fuel - Joseph Edgar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.