Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? (10304 Views)

Text Book That Wiil Teach Me English / The Book Of Death / One Book That Changed Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by zangalord: 3:06am On Oct 26, 2011
Wole Soyinka's "You Must Set Forth At Dawn"
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by alpontif(m): 3:19am On Oct 26, 2011
the Godfather by mario puzo
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by hommer(f): 4:20am On Oct 26, 2011
Good morning Holy Spirit, why you act the way you do, Purpose Driven life, Gifted Hands. Someone mentioned EnidBlyton, l love love love Enid Blyton esp Famous Five
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by hommer(f): 4:31am On Oct 26, 2011
Other books I love so are Efuru by Flora Nwapa, The gods are not to blame, Undersirable Element by pacesetters. Chimere, The Concubine, Things fall apart
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 26, 2011
Engineering Mathematics by K.A Stroud
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by linkin8k(m): 7:03am On Oct 26, 2011
Am still searching. Move my Cheese impacted some people I know.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by begwong: 7:09am On Oct 26, 2011
the Glorious Holy Bible!
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by elliottibanga(m): 7:43am On Oct 26, 2011
The God Delusion ( By Richard Dawkins)

The only non ICT book I've read cover to cover, twice!
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 26, 2011
I'll say 7 habits of highly effective people, by Stephen Covey.

I could also add "the 8th habit".
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nairaboi(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2011
all Robert Green works: 48 laws of power, 33 strategies of war, the art of seduction. Among oda of his works , also Robert kiyosakis, richest man in babylon
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by lynx200(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2011
Rich dad poor dad series by Robert Kiyosaki
The world is flat by Thomas Friedman
Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas
Success Digest magazines by Sunny Ojeagbaze
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by VALIDATOR: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2011
O le ku by Adebayo Faleti.
Mental Poisoning (Thoughts that enslave the mind) By H Spenser Lewis (Rosicrucian Library).
Nairaland Forum By Seun Osewa.
A Lotus for Miss Quon By James Hardley Chase.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by success4(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2011
Here are the books,

The BIBLE
The gods are not to blame
Efunsetan Aniwura
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by bong4(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2011
The Dignity of Manhood by Bro Gbile Akanni. I recommend it to any married couple but especially unmarried ladies.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by sgd: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2011
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Agybabe(f): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2011
The Holy Bible because of its stories that teaches about the ways of old and morals.
Know your limits and ignore them- by John Mason. It taught me how to be optimistic about life and not be a pessimist nor have a mediocre mind.
That book was borrowed and was never returned. I am still searching to buy it.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by PatKing(f): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2011
CyberSaint:

Omo, why are you tryna to pop a vein just because people say that the Bible has profoundly imparted their lives? Do you know these people personally to conclude that they are "shamelessly cherry-picking and implementing ONLY the parts of the Bible that suits their selfish purposes at any point in time"? Base on your venom on this thread, I perceive that you are in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

I think you really need to look inside yourself and find out what problem(s) you have with the Bible and/or the people who love the Word of God

Thank you for the post!

@Pro01
You certainly are a bitter person, it's not easy being you!
Just try and reconnect to you base.
I wonder the morale you practice at home with your kids,
Or may be no family yet, sorry!
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by aikay77: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2011
Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by ifeci: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2011
The Holy Bible
Think and Grow Rich
As a man thinketh
Who moved my cheese
Only the Paranoid survives
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by lucom: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
PatKing:

Thank you for the post!

@Pro01
You certainly are a bitter person, it's not easy being you!
Just try and reconnect to you base.
I wonder the morale you practice at home with your kids,
Or may be no family yet, sorry!

If not being a hypocritical 'Bible loving' pretender makes me a "bitter person", then I'm even more bitter than vinegar. . .and I hope to transmit such bitterness in full measure to my offspring. Besides it certainly isn't easy being me 'cos, unlike most of you duplicitous lot, I don't pay lip-service to God and His Word because I fear His awesome power. If His word hasn't profoundly imparted impacted my life (as evidenced in my daily life and dealings with my fellow humans), I would NEVER come out and say so just to feel good with myself and deceive others. Hope you're happy now?

I seriously wonder whether some of you know what profound impart impact on one's life means.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by obama29(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
THE SECRET RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BLACKS AND JEWS, A MUST READ BOOK FOR EVERY LIVING BLACK SOULS.
JUS GOOGLE IT MY BROTHER.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by JimmyBoy1: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
The Bible,
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Gbenge77(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2011
robinson crusoe.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by shepz: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
gifted hands by Ben Carson.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Ayoobscom(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
The Holy Qur'an and John C maxwells, eg A talent is never enough
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Simplykay(f): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2011
For me,it's T.D Jakes' MAXIMIZE THE MOMENT (not too sure about d title). That book taught me to make the best of every second. It taught me not to fold my arms and wait for a big break but do all the little things that make success come faster.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Simplykay(f): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
For me,it's T.D Jakes' MAXIMIZE THE MOMENT (not too sure about d title). That book taught me to make the best of every second. It taught me not to fold my arms and wait for a big break but do all the little things that make success come faster.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Simplykay(f): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2011
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2011
FaceBOOK. It has made me know what's on people's mind without me asking them.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by delpee(f): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
Battlefield of the Mind - Joyce Meyer
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by breathing(f): 7:16am On Oct 28, 2011
Great expectations. Charles Dicken. And Chike and the river by Chinua Achebe. Some of the earliest books i read

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story / Patch Of Black / Who Offended The gods of the land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.