Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North (8873 Views)

Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by suolboy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2011
I'm the most happiest person to know that some people have gone ahead with this campaign. I'm also at the fore front for middle belt to seperate totally from north. In middle belt u shall have freedom to practice ur religion and idealogy. Support middle belt today for peace and progress.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by suolboy(m): 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
I'm the most happiest person to know that some people have gone ahead with this campaign. I'm also at the fore front for middle belt to seperate totally from north. In middle belt u shall have freedom to practice your religion and idealogy. Support middle belt today for peace and progress.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by mathskill: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2011
PointB:

lol, na so I see am oo. Some foolish men will jump in front of bullet train to stop what will be.
I can and will only laugh at such stupidity.

Core North is been gradually isolated; mass murder, intimidation, threat, sharia, boko haram etc, have all proven a failed strategy. Soon they will beg others groups for an SNC.

Talk of isolating the North,when the US Government released a travel alert to its citizens restrict their visits to some states in nigeria only two northern states were mention the rest were in the south.If you ignore or wish away the problems in south the white man will not play to tribal gallery.The mass kidnappings,violation of women on southern campuses,cultism on southern campuses even a Nobel lauret was a founding member of a cult,the armed banditry going on etcTry and be objective.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

The water has already gone under the bridge. This latest cry for true political and cultural identity is more than forty years old behind the criers. A fool at forty, they say is a fool forever. It is even more shameful than laughable the group seemed to be yearning for convocation of a sovereign national conference for amendment to the Nigerian constitution and control of resources.

I must say that any call less then disintegration of colonial contraption called Nigeria is delusional and practical joke.

Yes, it sure was painful to hear of Igbos, Ijaws, and Efik people fleeing the north in the 60s, only to be massacred by fellow "christians" in Benue/plateau. The famous story of Markurdi railway road massacre still remain very fresh in mind.
This is part of Nigerian history, maybe we can all learn from it; I mean Gowon, Danjuma, Pam, and others angry
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by mathskill: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
Only Three states in the entire  North and four  in the Niger Delta and three in SE in order words a total of seven states in entire south were deemed dangerouse for US citizens to travel to. Part of the statement is as follows ''The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria, and continues to recommend U.S. citizens avoid all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers; the Southeastern states of Abia, Edo, Imo; the city of Jos in Plateau State, Bauchi and Borno States in the northeast''
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
mathskill:

Only Three states in the entire North and four in the Niger Delta and three in SE in order words a total of seven states in entire south were deemed dangerouse for US citizens to travel to. Part of the statement is as follows ''The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria, and continues to recommend U.S. citizens avoid all but essential travel to the Niger Delta states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers; the Southeastern states of Abia, Edo, Imo; the city of Jos in Plateau State, Bauchi and Borno States in the northeast''

The US warning is not updated like those on the ground.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by mathskill: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

The US warning is not updated like those on the ground.
I am sure yuou were on the groungd when the makurdi massacre took place cause to quote your own words ''The famous story of Markurdi railway road massacre''it was a story you must have heared or come across somehow.Now because the US travell ban sheds bad light on the south you choose to ridicule them by saying they are not on the ground.Hypocracy at it's best.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by 2sd(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2011
Its a nice development. Its long overdue. I'm surprised they woke up so late, they wouldn't have woken up until they are threatened. A lot more developments are coming. If we had had this long time ago, maybe thing would have been a bit better with each region knowing exactly what it is and its relative strength and form alliance easily with each other. Politics would have been played better.

I think their leaders were too weak to voice this out before now, allowing the future of their children to hanged in the balance. It took Boko Haram threats to make them open their mouth. Weak leaders who couldn't fight for their children's future!!!
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
mathskill:

I am sure yuou were on the groungd when the makurdi massacre took place cause to quote your own words ''The famous story of Markurdi railway road massacre''it was a story you must have heared or come across somehow.Now because the US travell ban sheds bad light on the south you choose to ridicule them by saying they are not on the ground.Hypocracy at it's best.

The Makurdi railway massacre of easterners thought to be Igbos in the 1960s is simply historical and has nothing to do current US attempt to warn travelling citizens of danger spots across Nigeria today. Do you have a problems differentiating the two instances?
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by proffmanue(m): 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
the Northerner' ideology does not hv a place in the 21st century. they are on a path of self destruction.
Religion is an individual choice to make, and must not be imposed.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by WilWily: 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
ArQueBusieR:

Lord God almighty, forces of evil have spoken of their desire to see your children come to harm. For you Lord art our father, our creator, our sheperd/defender/protecter, let us not come to harm in the hands of the wicked. Lord God, let us not walk at the set time of evil. Father Lord, plagues worse than those of Egypt in the reign of the defiant Pharoah, let it be the portion of the wicked. Let there be mass hysteria in the encampment of the enemy. Let them fall on their own swords Lord God almighty, forces of evil have spoken of their desire to see your children come to harm. For you Lord art our father, our creator, our sheperd/defender/protecter, let us not come to harm in the hands of the wicked. Lord God, let us not walk at the set time of evil. Father Lord, plagues worse than those of Egypt in the reign of the defiant Pharoah, let it be the portion of the wicked. Let there be mass hysteria in the encampment of the enemy. Let them fall on their own swords and die. Let them turn on one another, and may the outcome be a fatal one. Let them fall victims of their own evil plans. Lord God, because the wicked have decided to afford your children no rest, they shall never have peace, their lives will be froth with travails, so much that they'll have no time for their evil plans. Let their suffering be so much they long for the grave. Destroy them like you did Sodom and Gomorrah, Lord. If indeed you created us to serve your purpose, let this be the portion of the wicked. Thank you Lord for once again answering our prayers, for in Jesus' mighty name we have prayed. Amen!
Soooo you sabi how to pray, you never start. my friends Boko Haram are coming.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by hakanai(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2011
bisiaet:

Are they just woken up? They now realised what everybody has be telling them for long? So sorry for them to be honest because they have be sleeping since following people that sees them as nonexisting people in the first place.

Just woke up? who exactly?? did you see the name of the group members all xtians and did you see the plans for the middle belt of the future?to make it Islam less.In your dreams.The muslims in the middle belt would sit still and watch that happen.Maybe all this middle belt could happen in some parts of plateau/taraba,benue and southern kaduna.worst senario!!!!The muslims see there plots all.The middle belt has a significant number of muslims who just choose to be quiet and not foolish.Until they try that stunt will they know there own mistakes for real.Even the elders would not listen to them except for some states.why do you think after all this yaers of noise little is on ground to show for it.Simple it won't work.Some middle belt states are more northern and muslim than others.by and large more are northern than middle belt.so all the noise leaves them fallow period.have you forgotten the sign post on roads stating "middle belt region" all noise yet it failed.
They have an issue, where the xtians want a place to dominate an they don't have simply because the muslims they hate so much still constitute 70% of there population and even more within all zones.They simply water it down with the lies of minority or middle belt cover but its actually more of religion than really region or ethnicity.check the people fronting all this and even the report here you can see there goal is not a secular zone but xtian dominated zone even where they know they don't make a majority.Name the states and tell me the Xtian ratio to muslims.?Its purely religious and the muslims can see beyond the lies.Some Northern xtians just want to find an area they can dominate o !!! Beroms in Jos slaugtered fellow muslims of same berom tribe and clan because of faith Islam! this are facts from beroms driven out of there native territories over marrying a muslims or being a muslim.Eg of such a person is Shiek Suleman Choji of Gyel in Bukuru area and the report who went to cover the Dogo nahauwa massacre who almost got lynched despite being a berom man himself except that he was a muslim.So is it tribal?Is it regional?Is it Minority or is it religious?I know definately say its religious and i have alot of muslims MB that believe the same as motive.They know the motive!
    The few indigenes of some states and the christians in the north make the noise about the crap thing.They know and are sure it is not possible Simply because the goal is to creat a xtian Northern zone.With little regards for all Muslims or Islam.They may say middle belt verses north.In Jos alone during the crisis the Muslim minorities killed were significant, yet they claim it is a North vs middle belt fight.We in the north know and they also know.The fools making all this pronouncitions are just seeking relevance and a role in the turn of things.Hoping someday it may happen and they would end up leading same.They can have Benue and some parts of plateau and southern kaduna.others i doubt sincerely.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by mathskill: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

The Makurdi railway massacre of easterners thought to be Igbos in the 1960s is simply historical and has nothing to do current US attempt to warn travelling citizens of danger spots across Nigeria today. Do you have a problems differentiating the two instances?
NO,you are the one having problems to understand that in today's globalized and technology savvy world you dont have to be physically present to witness to happenings.Moreover dont you know their embassies observe and report all that goes on in the country.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by lonamy: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
I do not hold the opinion that the leaders are weak. The problem is money, when money exchanges hands your mouth will be closed.
I equally believe, Olusegun Obasanjo has done a very deep underground work, by opening up certain secrets that were behind these feudalism and holigalism, and such make regions begining to wake up and discover the kind of slavery they have been long sold to.

I wish MBA best of luck in their agitation for freedom and self reliance. But my advice is that, they should learn from the mistakes of other regions who had long been in the fore front of agitation, so that they will not end up further cracking their ranks and thus allow the boko harams to use the loophole to work against them.

They should carry along their leaders and never intimidate anyone whom they think had sold them in the past. All and sundry should be carried along in this contention and form alliance with all other regions who had been yarning for Soverign National Conference. In doing this, the entire world will know that the core north is the problem of Nigeria, for in their interest is to rule forever and force their religion on the entire nigerians and enslave everyone.

This kind of idea is as if they are still living in the 17th century. The world has become a global village with technologies changing the way we live.
Think of what is happening in the middle east and the horn of Africa.

Boko Haram states wake up, things have changed.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Martmore: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
What i have to say to them is Good morning, cos they just woke up.If they want to pull out from the north, they are on their own and nobody in the south would align with them.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
Beaf:

^
Very interesting and historical user name. Are you Edo?
Thanks, I'm just an average Nigerian. But a piece of paper says I'm from Kogi State.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by akpanbaba: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2011
This is the best thing that has happened to MD.Everyone knows they were being used by Hausa-Fulani even to their detriment.God is wonderful as he has opened  their eyes to know that they were under the bondage of Hausa-Fulani.Indeed slavery is just for a season.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
WilWily:

Soooo you sabi how to pray, you never start. my friends Boko Haram are coming.
Feeling the heat, eh?
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by hakanai(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
lonamy:

I do not hold the opinion that the leaders are weak. The problem is money, when money exchanges hands your mouth will be closed.
I equally believe, Olusegun Obasanjo has done a very deep underground work, by opening up certain secrets that were behind these feudalism and holigalism, and such make regions begining to wake up and discover the kind of slavery they have been long sold to.

I wish MBA best of luck in their agitation for freedom and self reliance. But my advice is that, they should learn from the mistakes of other regions who had long been in the fore front of agitation, so that they will not end up further cracking their ranks and thus allow the boko harams to use the loophole to work against them.

They should carry along their leaders and never intimidate anyone whom they think had sold them in the past. All and sundry should be carried along in this contention and form alliance with all other regions who had been yarning for Soverign National Conference. In doing this, the entire world will know that the core north is the problem of Nigeria, for in their interest is to rule forever and force their religion on the entire nigerians and enslave everyone.
This kind of idea is as if they are still living in the 17th century. The world has become a global village with technologies changing the way we live.
Think of what is happening in the middle east and the horn of Africa.

Boko Haram states wake up, things have changed.

Who exactly told you that?hope is not your fairy god mother?Last i checked some people refused to continue and some others in political parties mostly from the south and north insist its for the national assembly to tackle not the SNC.Today atleast GEJ is in power and last i check Obj had 8 years going to 12.Why has he not allowed it happen.He controlled the military,PDP,governors,political and influencial groups why did he not do the SNC Please tell me that.Atleast he showed when it was about him he could arm twist.WHY WHY WHY WHY.This are cheap excuses most southerners make and some silly fools.They have created a boogy man and simply turn anytime its bad and convienient to blame someone while ignoring the fact they also have not done well or much to make it happen.I support SNC and Split anyday anytime if its the people mandate.Even in the last SNC where the northern elders resisted resource control, some states in the south support same view eg Ekiti.Yet its only the north that takes the blame.Amongst the Northern groups the northen youths insisted and supported the resource control issue.Asking the elders to be considerate.So why generalize and pretend ignorance on issues or exibit selective amnesia to issues just to relieve stress or woes made by yourselves.Keep the blame game and see how far it takes you.
We all have legitimate ways to also make it happen.Insist and force the legislative and executive arms of government to hold such SNC.It doesn't lay with the north or northerners alone.Its is collective fault of all peoples and region.If you want it insist your representatives push for it.They won't simply because they are the same bunch benefitting from the current chaos.yet they give you people silly excuse as, no its the north blocking it.How many times have your representatives push for it on the floor of the house,while holding public office or power or while protesting on national issues sincerely.Especially from within the fold of PDP.Even Buhari, people see as being a northern agenda has endosred the SNC and promise to make it happen.How many times has GEJ done same? I wonder!!!!! stop peddling lies or please kindly name the northerners who have blocked same by name and the southerners who have being hindered by same from pushing for a SNC?
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2011
haka_nai:

Just woke up? who exactly?? did you see the name of the group members all xtians and did you see the plans for the middle belt of the future?to make it Islam less.In your dreams.The muslims in the middle belt would sit still and watch that happen.Maybe all this middle belt could happen in some parts of plateau/taraba,benue and southern kaduna.worst senario!!!!The muslims see there plots all.The middle belt has a significant number of muslims who just choose to be quiet and not foolish.Until they try that stunt will they know there own mistakes for real.Even the elders would not listen to them except for some states.why do you think after all this yaers of noise little is on ground to show for it.Simple it won't work.Some middle belt states are more northern and muslim than others.by and large more are northern than middle belt.so all the noise leaves them fallow period.have you forgotten the sign post on roads stating "middle belt region" all noise yet it failed.
They have an issue, where the xtians want a place to dominate an they don't have simply because the muslims they hate so much still constitute 70% of there population and even more within all zones.They simply water it down with the lies of minority or middle belt cover but its actually more of religion than really region or ethnicity.check the people fronting all this and even the report here you can see there goal is not a secular zone but xtian dominated zone even where they know they don't make a majority.Name the states and tell me the Xtian ratio to muslims.?Its purely religious and the muslims can see beyond the lies.Some Northern xtians just want to find an area they can dominate o !!! Beroms in Jos slaugtered fellow muslims of same berom tribe and clan because of faith Islam! this are facts from beroms driven out of there native territories over marrying a muslims or being a muslim.Eg of such a person is Shiek Suleman Choji of Gyel in Bukuru area and the report who went to cover the Dogo nahauwa massacre who almost got lynched despite being a berom man himself except that he was a muslim.So is it tribal?Is it regional?Is it Minority or is it religious?I know definately say its religious and i have alot of muslims MB that believe the same as motive.They know the motive!
The few indigenes of some states and the christians in the north make the noise about the crap thing.They know and are sure it is not possible Simply because the goal is to creat a xtian Northern zone.With little regards for all Muslims or Islam.They may say middle belt verses north.In Jos alone during the crisis the Muslim minorities killed were significant, yet they claim it is a North vs middle belt fight.We in the north know and they also know.The fools making all this pronouncitions are just seeking relevance and a role in the turn of things.Hoping someday it may happen and they would end up leading same.They can have Benue and some parts of plateau and southern kaduna.others i doubt sincerely.

You mean muslims like the Jos north politicians, or the Tiv cattle herders who attacked farmers. I think the word for those people are "settlers" A few and possibly isolated muslim doesn't make the whole place muslim.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
Every group in Nigeria wants to play the victim card. Who are not the culprits? Was it not the same miiddle belters that massacered Igbos in record numbers? What it not the same middle belters, lead by Yakubu Gowon that declared war on Ndigbo, where millions of people, including women and children dies? Who're they fooling. I dare to say that the middle belt has benefitted a lot from being part of the north. Let's stop the hypocrisy please.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
haka_nai:

Who exactly told you that?hope is not your fairy god mother?Last i checked some people refused to continue and some others in political parties mostly from the south and north insist its for the national assembly to tackle not the SNC.Today atleast GEJ is in power and last i check Obj had 8 years going to 12.Why has he not allowed it happen.He controlled the military,PDP,governors,political and influencial groups why did he not do the SNC Please tell me that.Atleast he showed when it was about him he could arm twist.WHY WHY WHY WHY.This are cheap excuses most southerners make and some silly fools.They have created a boogy man and simply turn anytime its bad and convienient to blame someone while ignoring the fact they also have not done well or much to make it happen.I support SNC and Split anyday anytime if its the people mandate.Even in the last SNC where the northern elders resisted resource control, some states in the south support same view eg Ekiti.Yet its only the north that takes the blame.Amongst the Northern groups the northen youths insisted and supported the resource control issue.Asking the elders to be considerate.So why generalize and pretend ignorance on issues or exibit selective amnesia to issues just to relieve stress or woes made by yourselves.Keep the blame game and see how far it takes you.
We all have legitimate ways to also make it happen.Insist and force the legislative and executive arms of government to hold such SNC.It doesn't lay with the north or northerners alone.Its is collective fault of all peoples and region.If you want it insist your representatives push for it.They won't simply because they are the same bunch benefitting from the current chaos.yet they give you people silly excuse as, no its the north blocking it.How many times have your representatives push for it on the floor of the house,while holding public office or power or while protesting on national issues sincerely.Especially from within the fold of PDP.Even Buhari, people see as being a northern agenda has endosred the SNC and promise to make it happen.How many times has GEJ done same? I wonder!!!!! stop peddling lies or please kindly name the northerners who have blocked same by name and the southerners who have being hindered by same from pushing for a SNC?

Bros, the continual and systematic butchering of Southerners in North over the years and then the recent bomobings in the name of the Allah. "The Most Merciful" are the factors the core North used to isolate itself. Yes, there were violence in the South. MEND wanted a fair share of the oil drilled from their lands after years of neglect, criminal gangs raped and maimed but not in the name of God.

It is absolute stupidity for someone to call for Sharia in Nigeria. In Christianity, we have laws, yet, I cant even impose it in my immidiate family. We rather persuade and preach to men. If Islam have no other way to sread apart from violence, then I make bold to say that it is nothing but a religion of the cave man.

Yet, get this straight, It is clear we have two kinds of Islam in Nigeria. One practiced by the core North and the other practiced by the rest. Let the core North understand that if polictics must be integrated with religion, then it must have a peaceful approach. As at this moment, the core North is isolating itself. Not  because of Islam, but becuase it is politcally violent in the name of Islam. IT is a shame.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by PointB: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
We know where we stand!

Odd man out

Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Dede1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
Bros Afam4eva and naijaking1, the display of shameful act due to stupidity and continuous attempt to sound indifference to heinous crime committed against people of eastern region in1966 by certain Nigerians say volumes and constitute reasons Nigeria keeps marching backward.

One of the reasons deduced for the January 15, 1966 coup and murder of certain military officers was the part the officers played during the Tiv riot of 1964. Some few Igbo officers were twisted because of Tiv officers killed their fellow Tiv kinsmen on the urging of Ahamadu Bello. Yet the Tiv and the so-called Middle Belt indigenes had audacity to kill easterners and join forces to precipitate a war against Biafra.

Why have all these people calling for sovereign national conference for amendment to the Nigerian constitution and control of resources kept blind eyes to abandon property and draconian boundary adjustment policies? These two anachronistic policies keep reminding me that Nigeria/Biafra civil war has not ended.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^^^
The philosophy, psychology, and metaphysis of sin, forgiveness, and moving on with the future always play a crucial role in the development and emergence of any nation. I don't know when and how ours would be written, but I know one thing, it has to be written someday sad
@PointB
Thanks for the maps, however, the last map is debatable.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by hakanai(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

You mean muslims like the Jos north politicians, or the Tiv cattle herders who attacked farmers. I think the word for those people are "settlers" A few and possibly isolated muslim doesn't make the whole place muslim.
Okay so Abubakr Tsav(TIV),Ibrahim Mantu(mangu),Abdullahi adamu(keffi),Akwe doma(akwe of nasarraw),young alhaji(Idoma) are all settlers?wonders shall never end.Have you checked the LGAs in Plateau alone.Wase,Kanam,gindiri,gengere are predminantly Muslims and natives .You must be dumb to also claim that all the locals of the other states are all settlers because of faith.The stupidity and rumours, aiding people like you must have caused the misguided utterances ignorance people like you exibit.Go check Mr man.I am from the north and can tell you more.Even the Middle beltens are carefull about using xtianity as the reason to be identified.Even thought that is the driving force under.They can't do that because it would only isolate them more and make them irrelevant.They Know we Know that the North central is almost evenly divide between Muslims and xtians with higher probability of muslims being slightly greater.check state by state and the religious populations don't be decived by the people that come out in the name of MB elders yet represent the few in there tribe and locality.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by hakanai(m): 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
PointB:

We know where we stand!

Odd man out

your maps just confuse you more!!!!DO you know that some people voted along party lines.Do you know some states fail because of god fathers resulting in the burning of some houses belonging to same people?do you know some states had minorities vote CPC,Example Nassarwa?Keep dreaming and making it suit your dreams.I know how you wish.All you have to do is take a trip and find out.If you use vaccination and party elections to define then someday you would know it goes beyond that.About tribe distribution do you in the north there are other minority tribes that are bigger than the beroms,tarok etc. Please a good survey should be by visiting and also by takign state by state to minimise generalizing or lies of convienance.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by hakanai(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2011
noblezone:

Bros, the continual and systematic butchering of Southerners in North over the years and then the recent bomobings in the name of the Allah. "The Most Merciful" are the factors the core North used to isolate itself. Yes, there were violence in the South. MEND wanted a fair share of the oil drilled from their lands after years of neglect, criminal gangs violated and maimed but not in the name of God.

It is absolute stupidity for someone to call for Sharia in Nigeria. In Christianity, we have laws, yet, I cant even impose it in my immidiate family. We rather persuade and preach to men. If Islam have no other way to sread apart from violence, then I make bold to say that it is nothing but a religion of the cave man.

Yet, get this straight, It is clear we have two kinds of Islam in Nigeria. One practiced by the core North and the other practiced by the rest. Let the core North understand that if polictics must be integrated with religion, then it must have a peaceful approach. As at this moment, the core North is isolating itself. Not  because of Islam, but becuase it is politcally violent in the name of Islam. IT is a shame.

Keep at it.The question i asked you has just taken you in to another issue of insecurity!!!SNC is the issue.How have you southerners handle the issue on your own part, to show the north is the real factor hindering it??Who amongst the southern people in power have pushed for it What are your representatives doing in national house of assembly or PDP that they can't lobby or push for it?For me simply your are a bigot. you raise religious issues and what your evil wishes are for the north.Talking about religion or region or insecurity has no issue here.It belongs in the SNC so why have your people not insisted on it beyond mere news paper chats? nonsense.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
haka_nai:

Okay so Abubakr Tsav(TIV),Ibrahim Mantu(mangu),Abdullahi adamu(keffi),Akwe doma(akwe of nasarraw),young alhaji(Idoma) are all settlers?wonders shall never end.Have you checked the LGAs in Plateau alone.Wase,Kanam,gindiri,gengere are predminantly Muslims and natives .You must be dumb to also claim that all the locals of the other states are all settlers because of faith.The stupidity and rumours, aiding people like you must have caused the misguided utterances ignorance people like you exibit.Go check Mr man.I am from the north and can tell you more.Even the Middle beltens are carefull about using xtianity as the reason to be identified.Even thought that is the driving force under.They can't do that because it would only isolate them more and make them irrelevant.They Know we Know that the North central is almost evenly divide between Muslims and xtians with higher probability of muslims being slightly greater.check state by state and the religious populations don't be decived by the people that come out in the name of MB elders yet represent the few in there tribe and locality.

While you name all these muslims, please don't forget Alhaji Onyeama from Enugu state. We know about the unwritten rule of neglecting the majority non-muslim indigens in places like Nassarawa, Jos, and Benue north. The names you mentioned are some of the people who "talked the talk so that they can walk the walk"
Jos, Mukurdi, etc have never been Hausaland, and possibly will never be insa allah cheesy
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by hakanai(m): 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

While you name all these muslims, please don't forget Alhaji Onyeama from Enugu state. We know about the unwritten rule of neglecting the majority non-muslim indigens in places like Nassarawa, Jos, and Benue north. The names you mentioned are some of the people who "talked the talk so that they can walk the walk"
Jos, Mukurdi, etc have never been Hausaland, and possibly will never be insa allah cheesy
Guy you just keep fooling yourself even further.I am not hausa or fulani neither am i kanuri and am in the far north yet muslim and happy to be.Why the stupidity if i am to ask.I am a minority and have nothing in common with the Hausa except same hausa we share in the north for communication and faith.Do you also know that in zaria and Zuru we have xtians native to such places?If you don't know keep quiet.generalizing is the dumbest thing the southerners do mostly when it comes to the north.So if his a native xtian of zuru or zaria by your standard he becomes an oppressive Hausa again.First your said MB is all xtian and i said you are wrong.you said muslims are alien to MB i said no.Now you are Jumping to the SE.go get a life.even at that you need to move beyond the PC and deceit to see what is ground for real not keep lying.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem(m): 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
haka_nai:

Guy you just keep fooling yourself even further.I am not hausa or fulani neither am i kanuri and am in the far north yet muslim and happy to be.Why the stupidity if i am to ask.I am a minority and have nothing in common with the Hausa except same hausa we share in the north for communication and faith.Do you also know that in zaria and Zuru we have xtians native to such places?If you don't know keep quiet.generalizing is the dumbest thing the southerners do mostly when it comes to the north.So if his a native xtian of zuru or zaria by your standard he becomes an oppressive Hausa again.First your said MB is all xtian and i said you are wrong.you said muslims are alien to MB i said no.Now you are Jumping to the SE.go get a life.even at that you need to move beyond the PC and deceit to see what is ground for real not keep lying.

Leave this people to keep deluding themselves

If middle belt is Christian to them then I think u should not discuss with them

Maybe they can tell of of aliyu, saraki, babangida etc if they were all Christians
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^^
Fact:
1. The majority of MB are christians
2. The token muslims who have succeeded in politics and even the military don't necessarily represent the majority natives of the land.
3. Hausa/Fulanis seem to confuse places like Jos Lokoja, and even Makurdi as their native land.
4. There is selection pressure in favor of muslims in places like the MB, and Kogi in particular.
5. This selection pressure is likely temporary, and will disappear once the majority voice is heard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Labor Leaders Received ‘threat’ Messages For Suspending 30-day Strike / External Reserve Increases / Vice President Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.