Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North (8875 Views)

Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem(m): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

^^^^
Fact:
1. The majority of MB are christians
2. The token muslims who have succeeded in politics and even the military don't necessarily represent the majority natives of the land.
3. Hausa/Fulanis seem to confuse places like Jos Lokoja, and even Makurdi as their native land.
4. There is selection pressure in favor of muslims in places like the MB, and Kogi in particular.
5. This selection pressure is likely temporary, and will disappear once the majority voice is heard.

Very very wrong and your post lack objectivity and facts

Facts
1. The MB is majority Muslims with Christian minorities
2. Nope what part of the Middle belt have you visited apart from Jos town and southern Kaduna
3 Nope No HAUSA OR FULANI man would confuse Lokoja as his land. Yes Hausas are natives of Jos and fulani are natives of makundi
4.Nope Kogi is majority Muslims and in fact Igala, Okun yorubas and ebira are not complaining
5. Who are the majorities ?
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2011
I know the middle belt very well. When I say majority are christians, I mean indigens, not settlers who came a few years ago. Even in Jos, history is clear as to who is an indigen and who settled. Don't forget that selection pressure has forced some people from the MB to opt for islam as a way obtaining, maintaining, and even succeeding in jobs, politics, and even the military.
Othman dan Fodio failed to conquer Jos and Makurdi, but recent military policies of Murtala Mohammed, Buhari, IBB, and Abacha have served to force islam on many some MB.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

I know the middle belt very well. When I say majority are christians, I mean indigens, not settlers who came a few years ago. Even in Jos, history is clear as to who is an indigen and who settled. Don't forget that selection pressure has forced some people from the MB to opt for islam as a way obtaining, maintaining, and even succeeding in jobs, politics, and even the military.
Othman dan Fodio failed to conquer Jos and Makurdi, but recent military policies of Murtala Mohammed, Buhari, IBB, and Abacha have served to force islam on many some MB.

I am not talking of settlers but indigenes

The people of Niger state are not settlers but indigenes ( Nupe) They are muslims

The people of Kwara are not settlers but indigenes (Yoruba nupe) 70% muslims

The people of Kogi are indigenes (Yoruba, Igala, ebira) 70% mulsims

The people of nasarawa, benue and plateau have about 40% Mulsims ( I am being modest)

Now tell me who is the majority ?

Now let me show you the ethnic map of Nigeria and geopolitical zones

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrXFqSGLLpbTB96hTQ1JpLdX7i4mq2XrfVGG4CkCGqkN20LNO9[/img]

Ethnic map to show you hausa fulani kanuri land in the north

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSUJexpbYYlo-KzprMiwZmru42GfxZAQSFjWGgzK88DPJeIqFC[/img]

So you can see there is no cheating, these are indigenes
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
alj harem:

The people of Niger state are not settlers but indigenes ( Nupe) They are muslims

The people of nasarawa, benue and plateau have about 40% Mulsims ( I am being modest)

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrXFqSGLLpbTB96hTQ1JpLdX7i4mq2XrfVGG4CkCGqkN20LNO9[/img]

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSUJexpbYYlo-KzprMiwZmru42GfxZAQSFjWGgzK88DPJeIqFC[/img]

You're right. I think when most people hear middle belt. What comes to their ming is Benue, Plateau and Kogi.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
afam4eva:

You're right. I think when most people hear middle belt. What comes to their ming is Benue, Plateau and Kogi.

Thank you !

People tend to forget Kwara, Niger Nasarawa

In fact some people are even putting Kaduna as a middlebelt state now. sad
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2011
alj harem:

The people of Niger state are not settlers but indigenes ( Nupe) They are muslims(Yes, Nupes are mostly muslims)

The people of Kwara are not settlers but indigenes (Yoruba nupe) 70% muslims[b](More like 40% muslims, 40%xtians, them animists)[/b]

The people of Kogi are indigenes (Yoruba, Igala, ebira) 70% mulsims (You forgot some Igbos counted as Igala/Ebira here, muslims here are less than 40%, despite a powerful selection pressure, most are xtians

The people of nasarawa, benue and plateau have about 40% Mulsims ( I am being modest[b])(South Benue is almost 90% xtians, northern benue about 70% christians. Natives of Jos are almost 90% christians. Why insist on grouping Hausa settlers around these areas as natives)[/b]

Now tell me who is the majority ?( You can tinker with these fractions like your military boys have done unsuccessfully for years, but at the end of the day, the truth shall be told)

Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

Keep deceiving yourself.

I bet you have not been to Niger benue (Neither have i) but kogi kwara are my domain and I know these places like the palm of my hands.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by edoyad(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
Why are you people trying to put a state religion on the Middle Belt ?

FYI ,The middle belt comprises of most of the North Central geopolitical zone; some parts of the Northwest like southern Kaduna and southern Kebbi; and some parts of the North east like most of Taraba state etc.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2011
alj harem:

Keep deceiving yourself.

I bet you have not been to Niger benue (Neither have i) but kogi kwara are my domain and I know these places like the palm of my hands.

You understand the pressure to pick and chose muslims for offices in these areas.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem3: 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2011
edoyad:

Why are you people trying to put a state religion on the Middle Belt ?

What do you mean ?

edoyad:

FYI ,The middle belt comprises of a most of the North Central geopolitical zone; some parts of the Northwest like southern Kaduna and southern Kebbi; and some parts of the North east like most of Taraba state.

Bros, there is nothing like middle belt, it is just a geopolitical expression by PDP

Middle belt aka north central are 6 states
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem3: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

You understand the pressure to pick and chose muslims for offices in these areas.

do you mean states like benue and co because as far as Kwara, Niger, Kogi, nasarawa are concerned, there is no problem in that

HECK even Lagos it is usually a muslim ticket so as my yoruba brothers say Kini big deal
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by edoyad(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2011
alj_harem:

What do you mean ?

Bros, there is nothing like middle belt, it is just a geopolitical expression by PDP

Middle belt aka north central are 6 states

What do i mean ? I mean the middle Belt has christians, muslims, pagans and what ever religion exists on planet earth.

If there's no middle belt why don't you google it ? Coming from North East Nigeria, a part of the region of the world described as the worst on Planet earth[The UN], you'd do yourself a world of good to read more.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^
Realitie, realitie, realitie cool
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem3: 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
edoyad:

What do i mean ? I mean the middle Belt has christians, muslims, pagans and what ever religion exists on planet earth.

If there's no middle belt why don't you google it ? Coming from North East Nigeria, a part of the region of the world described as the worst on Planet earth[The UN], you'd do yourself a world of good to read more.

I AM A YORUBA MAN (Awori tokan tokan) WITH NORTHERN (KANURI) HERITAGE and Igbo (Anambra igbo) as well

Thus I am not from the north east but SW Nigeria.

No one is forcing religion on any one but Majority of Middle belters are Muslims and I used maps and approximations to tell you that
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2011
alj_harem:

I AM A YORUBA MAN (Awori tokan tokan) WITH NORTHERN (KANURI) HERITAGE and Igbo (Anambra igbo) as well

Thus I am not from the north east but SW Nigeria.

No one is forcing religion on any one but Majority of Middle belters are Muslims and I used maps and approximations to tell you that

I just like the way you dey change your ethnicity the way women dey change wrapper grin grin grin
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by adamabdul: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2011
@edoyad.The middle belt association they want their own christian region and that they are tired of living with muslims in the north
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by aljharem3: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2011
naijaking1:

I just like the way you dey change your ethnicity the way women dey change wrapper grin grin grin

change ke. LOL that is the reality

Moreover why is edoyad and co making Middle belt seem like it is only christian zone ??

We all know that is not true.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
[quote][/quote]
mathskill

Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North
« #31 on: Today at 01:05:51 PM »
Nigeria is a result of colonialism not the wishes of the variouse components that make up this country.Never once in our history have we sat down to decide our very coexistance.I believe we have fooled ourselves this far and it's high time we stop that and convene a sovereign National conference.Yes,as extreme as that may sound it's better we separate like the sudan than fight like in rwanda.Into how many parts Nigeria may break into is left for guessing.One thing is definate the following regions would be on their own.SW comprising the yoruba states including kwara,SS,SE,Mid.Belt and the North.May God guide us.
\

Amen. we need to let go of an idea that was never ours, we tried. it didn't work. now it's time to start fresh.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by goggs(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
If the middle belt want to separate from the North, its ok. I think mere expression wouldn't cut it. Let them form an alliance that will make a CLEAN break on how politics of the North is being done by doing the following;

1) Invest massively in education. Its the key. All these talk will remain talk without education
2) Invest massively in core areas of Agriculture (their major strength), Health and capacity building
3) reform Governance, reduce corruption, institute sectoral reforms, strenghten judiciary
4) revive old positive values and find common grounds for collaboration in all aspects of life.

Once these are done, the middle belt will truely be free. If not how? Are they to bring back a Lord Lugard to reconfigure the borders? Or are they going to relocate to sudan?

As long as they continue to follow their Northern brothers in this Feudalistic, myopic, nepotic look at issues, they are part of the North, Chikenan!
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^
Good point.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by vichenzo: 11:12am On Oct 19, 2011
Wise decision cuz very soon if the core northerners don't call themselves to order, well lets just hope for the best.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by emmke(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
haka_nai:

Okay so Abubakr Tsav(TIV),Ibrahim Mantu(mangu),Abdullahi adamu(keffi),Akwe doma(akwe of nasarraw),young alhaji(Idoma) are all settlers?wonders shall never end.Have you checked the LGAs in Plateau alone.Wase,Kanam,gindiri,gengere are predminantly Muslims and natives .You must be dumb to also claim that all the locals of the other states are all settlers because of faith.The stupidity and rumours, aiding people like you must have caused the misguided utterances ignorance people like you exibit.Go check Mr man.I am from the north and can tell you more.Even the Middle beltens are carefull about using xtianity as the reason to be identified.Even thought that is the driving force under.They can't do that because it would only isolate them more and make them irrelevant.They Know we Know that the North central is almost evenly divide between Muslims and xtians with higher probability of muslims being slightly greater.check state by state and the religious populations don't be decived by the people that come out in the name of MB elders yet represent the few in there tribe and locality.
gengere is not LGA. it falls under Bassa LGA where they majority are by far non hauas; have u heard of the miangos, buji, amo, rukuba? now those are the true indigenes of that lga gindiri too isn't an lga, its under mangu lga with the mwagavul as the majoririty (i dont think the hausas are upto to 10% in that lga), the hausas are just settler. fact. now kanam, hausas (settlers in fact) are not more than 30%, am being generous. only wase is predominantly hausas or muslims. all the LGA'S in plateau state are predominantly christians except of course wase. just wase.[
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by naijaking1: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^^
Thanks. I have often wondered when the MB-ers like you will start making real noises to establish that Hausa are settlers in your native towns angry
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by vichenzo: 3:23am On Nov 01, 2011
well i may not knw anything about northern part of nigeria, but its good to knw that there are good and civilised people who also believe that violence is not the way. And who also can boldly defend their locality from baseless accusations and hear say. i pray god keep you all alive for the sake of the few good ones, and may he also touch the heart of the obstinate hearts. apologies if my comment semms offensive, its not intentional smiley
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by kabba7(m): 6:57am On Nov 01, 2011
[l[color=#99[flash=200,200][/flash]0000][/color]eft][/left] I think some sought of madness is begining to show up again from the failed BIAFRANS for the avoidance of doubt this story aam sure is nothing other than `crazeness'. So ibo people are so stupid as to think they can use their criminal intimidation tendency to drag NC people for their maddening agenda? You people to say the least are too DUMB if you have problems with hausa/fulani go and settle your selves either peacefully or otherwise but stop dreaming of what can't happen forget. Your ”I Before Others “mentality U can't. Middle belters are not available for brake up agenda & not 100% of SE leadership either am sure they wiser they should know your agenda.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by kabba7(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2011
[l[color=#99[flash=200,200][/flash]0000][/color]eft][/left] I think some sought of madness is begining to show up again from the failed BIAFRANS for the avoidance of doubt this story aam sure is nothing other than `crazeness'. So ibo people are so stupid as to think they can use their criminal intimidation tendency to drag NC people for their maddening agenda? You people to say the least are too DUMB if you have problems with hausa/fulani go and settle your selves either peacefully or otherwise but stop dreaming of what can't happen forget. Your ”I Before Others “mentality U can't. Middle belters are not available for brake up agenda & not 100% of SE leadership either am sure they wiser they should know your agenda.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by kabba7(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by CHouse: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2011
alj harem:

I have lived in Kwara all my life, where did you come by your 70% muslims figure? Apart from governance and political offices which have been designed to favour the islamist, the civil service in the state has even numbers of both Christians & muslims, dont forget that kwara nupe tribe is just a minority in the state setting, most of the people in kwara south are predominantly Christians so bro 70% is bogus & if nupes/fulani/hausa combined are not up ti 50% of kwara population

How come we have just four fulani/nupe Emirs but almost eighty yoruba Obas? Its just a political scam that sulu has most power.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by kokoA(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2011
alj harem:

Very very wrong and your post lack objectivity and facts

Facts
1.[b] The MB is majority Muslims with Christian minorities[/b]2. Nope what part of the Middle belt have you visited apart from Jos town and southern Kaduna
3 Nope No HAUSA OR FULANI man would confuse Lokoja as his land. Yes Hausas are natives of Jos and [b]fulani are natives of makundi[/b]4.Nope Kogi is majority Muslims and in fact Igala, Okun yorubas and ebira are not complaining
5. Who are the majorities ?

Very BIG lie!
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by edoyad(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2011
The problem with aljharam is the same with the average ignoramus. They sit down in their rooms and frame up numbers of what they "think" Nigeria is like. That is why when your President(sic) Buhari was shown the results of the last election he wanted to kill himself and every other living thing around him.
I'm not even going to give merit to your ignorance by indulging in any argument. But take this from me, from kogi to taraba, kwara to benue and back, no one identifies himself with your kind, shikena.
Personally i liked what happened in the last elections(though it unfortunately came with violence), it showed the division that people like Orkar had originally intended showing for a long time. Ask yourself this question, "what do you think things will look like in ten years from now considering how things were ten years ago ?". Just sit down for once and think instead of typing your rubbish.
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by PointB: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2011
edoyad:

The problem with aljharam is the same with the average ignoramus. They sit down in their rooms and frame up numbers of what they "think" Nigeria is like. That is why when your President(sic) Buhari was shown the results of the last election he wanted to kill himself and every other living thing around him.
I'm not even going to give merit to your ignorance by indulging in any argument. But take this from me, from kogi to taraba, kwara to benue and back, no one identifies himself with your kind, shikena.
Personally i liked what happened in the last elections(though it unfortunately came with violence), it showed the division that people like Orkar had originally intended showing for a long time. Ask yourself this question, "what do you think things will look like in ten years from now considering how things were ten years ago ?". Just sit down for once and think instead of typing your rubbish.

Please tell that ignoramus.
Ahj Harem goes round the forum scheming, creating confusion, and pretending to be one knowledgeable unbiased individual. Yet most of his craps he spit out are either from position crass ignorance, or careful crafted lies and deceit. Glad many people are beginning to suss him out!
Re: Middle Belt Alliance Seeks Middle Belt's Separation From The North by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 11, 2011
FACT:The Hausa-Fulani are NOT indigenous to the Middle Belt.While it is true that there are Native Muslims in the middle belt,they are a minority jand rarely ever stir up trouble.Why is it that it is always a conflict between Hausa-fulani muslims and Beroms in Jos and never with middle belt muslims or yoruba muslims.All the more reason for Middle belters,christians and NON-HAUSA muslims to join the south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Declares NSCDC Sole Protector Of Critical Infrastructures / America Now Officially Does Not Recognize The Titles "Mother" And "Father" / Apapa Customs Generates A Record N35bn In August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.