Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,333 members, 7,829,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate (23956 Views)

CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost / CSU Deposition: Registra Says Diploma Tinubu Submitted To INEC is Authentic / CSU Records: Tinubu Submitted Forged Documents To INEC, Atiku’s Aide Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by yewit37486: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
casualobserver:

My friend please use your brains. Even if he is a drug dealer, even if he lied on everything in his form, even if his not a Nigerian, even if there Bola Tinubu is not his name, there is nothing you can do now. You cannot introduce at the Supreme Court what you did not introduce at the PEPT. Why is it so hard for so called educated people to understand this very basic concept?

You still do not get the point. As long as you are seeing this from a political perspective you can't.
Not everyone is interested in the nonsense political tribal back and forth people come here to do. The point is no normal person should say IF a forgery was committed, it is fine and not a big deal, unless your value system is wack. If that is the case, then just say so.

Would you be okay with an employee of your company presenting a forged certificate? Put sentiments aside and be objective in your reasoning.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by ugbanante: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
"Counsel for CSU, Michael Hayes, while speaking before Judge Jeffrey Gilbert in Chicago, stated that the school was not in a position to authenticate Tinubu’s certificate as either fake or genuine"
Haven gone through the above quote from the defence, do u still need further explanation as to y this battle never get head since?
On whose side is the Western country?
God abeg oh, answer my passionate plea.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by bewla(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
MrSly:
If this is true then the man tinubu can be referred to as a shameless grand father. How would an elderly man be this reckless and mean in illegality without recourse to possible effects on his progenies.
Remind me of Eddy Guerrero slogan ( cheat to win
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by onuman: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Jideji:
The Nigerian court said its a pre election matters

Court of APC-APPOINTED CRIMINAL JUDGES?
JUDGES WHO DON'T HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS FOR THEIR UNBORN GENERATIONS.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by MrB0LD(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Cantonese:
"Counsel for CSU, Michael Hayes, while speaking before Judge Jeffrey Gilbert in Chicago, stated that the school was not in a position to authenticate Tinubu’s certificate as either fake or genuine”.

They cannot authenticate a certificate issued by them? Abi na roadside university?

Exactly my thoughts...
And how can Miss Daniels go 19 yrs back in time to sign a certificate when she wasn't even employed at that time by the school??
This school is becoming more stupid in it's quest to defend Tinubu, just because he is president. They are waiting for their own bullion van of thank-you dollars.

What of kemi? Was she not removed from office just because of fake nysc certificate?
Did nysc not verify?
Why the double standards...

So, I can go to CSU and be parading a fake certificate, and they won't put up a disclaimer??

As false prophet would say,
I see drug dealers from other countries, going to CSU and becoming first class graduates , then presidents with fake certificates, just because CSU has a reputation of defending them....

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by onuman: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
ugbanante:
"Counsel for CSU, Michael Hayes, while speaking before Judge Jeffrey Gilbert in Chicago, stated that the school was not in a position to authenticate Tinubu’s certificate as either fake or genuine"
Haven gone through the above quote from the defence, do u still need further explanation as to y this battle never get head since?
On whose side is the Western country?
God abeg oh, answer my passionate plea.

A University that is unable to confirm the authenticity of a certificate issued in its name is also a university for criminals.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by casualobserver: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
yewit37486:

You still do not get the point. As long as you are seeing this from a political perspective you can't.
Not everyone is interested in the nonsense political tribal back and forth people come here to do. The point is no normal person should say IF a forgery was committed, it is fine and not a big deal, unless your value system is wack. If that is the case, then just say so.

Would you be okay with an employee of your company presenting a forged certificate? Put sentiments aside and be objective in your reasoning.

I am not seeing this from a political perspective. I am probably one of the most objective posters on Nairaland. Again I say you are the one missing the point…..there is. Nothing you can do about it under the law.

Secondly since you admit. You are not familiar with the case, maybe you should resist the temptation to comment on matters you are not conversant with?

As per the emboldened, Again I say many Nigerians speak but lack basic English comprehension. You are arguing a matter I never said, where did I say it is fine? Please show me or admit in your bias you prejudged or admit your English failed you. I am responsible for what I say, I am not responsible for your inadequacies in English. If I say “come back in a couple of minutes”. and you come back in 10 minutes and I tell you you are late, it’s your fault. “Couple” is specific, it means “2”, it’s not my problem if in your half baked Nigerian English, you interpreted couple to mean “few”.

If anyone is biased and Unobjective her, it is clearly you. You are accusing him of certificate forgery, the university has said he attended and graduated. Why would a man forge his certificate knowing there was controversy over it before? You are the ones accusing, you are the ones to prove. Why am I joining issues over accusations that are not proven? Same way you accused him of drug dealing when the US government said officially no there were so convictions or criminal records. You have a track record of fake stories, propaganda and manufacturing B.S why would anyone take you guys seriously? When you have something to prove, fine. Until then I am only saying as far as this election cycle is concerned, it does not matter anymore.

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Jagaban2012: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Sensational headline to sell their paper grin

You go soon get hypertension because of Tinubu matter.....keep pasting nonsense......

Naija Judges are here to nullify your nonsense. .

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by chima47(m): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
if asked under oath won’t be able to certify Tinubu’s certificate because they “just don’t know” where he obtained it or how.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by chima47(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hayes insisted that CSU records showed Tinubu attended the school, but admitted there were several contradictions that the school’s administrators won’t be able to clarify under oath.

Those discrepancies included the June 22, 1977, date that Tinubu’s certificate carried, as well as the school’s president at the time the certificate was obtained and typographical, font and header errors on the document.
Tinubu on June 17, 2022, submitted a certificate to INEC that was purportedly issued in 1979 and signed by Elnora Daniel.

But Ms Daniel only arrived at CSU in 1998 from Hampton University, 19 years after Mr Tinubu was said to have graduated.

What more do you want to hear
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Amaggedon: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
WorldRichest:
Jagaban Borgu is invisible. Even his former university is confused. Nobody can cage the air, nobody can cage a ghost. The Jagaban is incredibly invisible
Trade mark of a slowpoke. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by yewit37486: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
casualobserver:

I am not seeing this from a political perspective. I am probably one of the most o next I’ve posters on Nairaland. Again I say you are the one missing the point…..there is. Nothing you can do about it under the law.

Secondly since you admit. You are not familiar with the case, maybe you should resist the temptation to comment on matters you are not conversant with?

As per the emboldened, Again I say many Nigerians speak but lack basic English comprehension. You are arguing a matter I never said, where did I say it is fine?

The person who responded to your comment that "Even if Chicago says the certificate is forged..." said:
jude33084:

We deserves what we get in Nigeria honestly.

We are here to know the truth at least don't you agree?

We deserve to know who or what our president is?

These were your own words below:
- I am interested in someone who can turn this country around. I couldn’t care less if he has never seen the walls of a school or not.
The guy's point was that if the certificate was forged, Nigerians deserve to know, you replied that you couldn't care less. Basically, whether a certificate is forged or not doesn't bother you. Is that not simple deductive reasoning?

casualobserver:

I am not seeing this from a political perspective. I am probably one of the most objective posters on Nairaland. Again I say you are the one missing the point…..there is. Nothing you can do about it under the law.

If anyone is biased and Unobjective her, it is clearly you. You are accusing him of certificate forgery, the university has said he attended and graduated. Why would a man forge his certificate knowing there was controversy over it before? You are the ones accusing, you are the ones to prove. Why am I joining issues over accusations that are not proven? Same way you accused him of drug dealing when the US government said officially no there were so convictions or criminal records. You have a track record of manufacturing Bull why would o anyone take you guys seriously? When you have something to prove, fine. Until then I am only saying as far as this election cycle is concerned, it does not matter anymore.

------------------------------------
I can see you amended your post, so let me reply your subsequent paragraph.
If you were truly an objective poster as you claim, please explain how my asking you a question about your stance that even IF a forgery took place it's not a big deal equates me being among the YOU that "accused him of forgery and accused him of drug dealing!". Your bias is shining forth brightly. Who are the YOU? Why are you grouping me with the YOU in your mind simply because I asked you a simple question?

What a shame. See what politics has done to people's sense of reasoning. This one is no longer unconscious bias. It is blatant, and you are here trying to deny it when it is all over your post. Well done!
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by SpaceTour: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Tinubu , why are you disgracing Nigeria
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Cmeo(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Tell me which school will like to lose associate with the president of largest economy in Africa in a capitalist world??
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Cantonese: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
GeneralDae:

That has been done already by Tinubu since June. He took certified copies of his Transcripts to the tribunal.

You are talking about the tribunal. I am asking why the transcripts were not submitted at the courts in America.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Omoawoke2(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

I feel Tinubu is being too quiet on this issue.

Some people are out there desperate in their attempt at character assassination and misinformation.
Imagine the way they twisted the story and eventually it became a fake news.
Many people are daft and will believe this story.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by int0x80(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2023

Counsel for CSU, Michael Hayes, while speaking before Judge Jeffrey Gilbert in Chicago, stated that the school was not in a position to authenticate Tinubu’s certificate as either fake or genuine.

Anyone that believes this bullcrap right here, needs to get his brain checked. Not only can my school verify and authenticate my Bsc and Msc, you can even do that online in a fraction of seconds. Tinubu is not only a drug baron, he is also a corn con man.

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Omodua(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
DiscoverID:
Tinubu defeated them and scuttled their plans of taking over lagos and pushed back their agenda of dominating the Yorubas by 70 years. They hated him because he's the only one that has the capability of doing such.

They won't stop this hysteria and will never like him or any Yoruba person. There's this collectivity in purpose and written consensus from ibos to oppose any strong political leader from other regions by default.

Thus, Tinubu defeating Peter Gringory Obi is the end of their political relevancy, hence you understand the mass hysteria and hatred.

After Tinubu, power goes back to the north then back to south south and then back to the north and back to south west and back to the north. Like announcing lymphoma to a patient the dying days of political relevance of the ibos is in weeks.

They will never like Tinubu , they know that we know !
My friend, don't derail the topic.

It's about Tinubu's certificate and its genuineness. It's proved it is fraud. So,why the rants and ethical stupidity?

Your region is one of the problems of the country. Always supporting evil. He could be your President without certificate and lack of morality and shame.

Nigeria should no longer patronise fraudsters and indecent people.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Jideji: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
Interesting
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Dedeity: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Zombiee

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Dedeity: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

The case would be thrown out for lack of evidence.
The CSU lawyers are smart.

The uni also categorically stated that certificates are ceremonial in the USA and that CSU was not an exception. No wonder I have never been asked for my certificate in North America. All my previous and current employers have only asked for my transcripts.
Zombiee you go explain tire

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Shikini: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
Agbaya
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Toks2008(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
“Is the diploma authentic or is it a forgery? My client can’t answer yes to either of those questions.”

The lawyer insisted that the school’s administrators, if asked under oath won’t be able to certify Tinubu’s certificate because they “just don’t know” where he obtained it or how.
Hayes was responding to the judge’s inquiry into the school’s ability to confirm under oath that Tinubu was issued the certificate he tendered to Nigeria’s electoral office as part of his final eligibility paperwork in June 2022.

Hayes insisted that CSU records showed Tinubu attended the school, but admitted there were several contradictions that the school’s administrators won’t be able to clarify under oath.

Those discrepancies included the June 22, 1977, date that Tinubu’s certificate carried, as well as the school’s president at the time the certificate was obtained and typographical, font and header errors on the document.
Tinubu on June 17, 2022, submitted a certificate to INEC that was purportedly issued in 1979 and signed by Elnora Daniel.

But Ms Daniel only arrived at CSU in 1998 from Hampton University, 19 years after Mr Tinubu was said to have graduated.

Is it not obvious that CSU are trying to cover up.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Originalsly: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
yewit37486:

And we wonder why the rest of the world sees Nigerians as scammers. Would you be okay with an employee of your company providing a fake certificate? How do we even reason in this country for goodness sake?!!!!!

By the way, what do you mean by "experts" especially as you put it in quotes? Are you referring to forgers? If so, you clearly have no values.

I personally feel the president should be allowed to focus on governing the country, but to extend that to justifying forgery (if that was the case) is a no no.

Yes... "experts " is referring to forgers. I'm not a supporter of forgery . Take what I wrote in context .... this is about the attempt to unseat Tinubu. This is different from someone presenting a forged certificate ... one that shows he has passed certain exams when he did not. After all .... is he qualified or not? ... CSU can say.... if they confirm... then on what grounds he should step down? It can't be he was unqualified.....so why Atiku is making fussung?
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by yewit37486: 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Originalsly:

Yes... "experts " is referring to forgers. I'm not a supporter of forgery . Take what I wrote in context .... this is about the attempt to unseat Tinubu. This is different from someone presenting a forged certificate... one that shows he has passed certain exams when he did not. After all .... is he qualified or not? ... CSU can say.... if they confirm... then on what grounds he should step down? It can't be he was unqualified.....so why Atiku is making fussung?

Originalsly:
This certificate thing is not making any sense .... CSU needs to only verify if Tinubu graduated and was presented a certificate in 1979. What he does with it after should not be their concern. What I think really happened is Tinubu either misplaced his certificate .... or his certificate was damaged and could not get a duplicate before the presentation deadline. He then got the "experts " to replace it but they didn't research well enough to get the correct information that was missing. At the end of the day..... even if he presented a fake certificate ... that cannot remove him from office... so what's the point? Why not spend this energy in being an effective opposition leader and keeping Tinubu and his administration in check?

Forget Pres. Tinubu for a minute, let me understand your reasoning.

Assuming you misplace your original certificate, then it's okay to ask "experts" to forge a copy to replace it when you can simply request for a replacement? Or if the deadline for a replacement (assuming there is one) passes, then it's okay to forge it? shocked

The kind of people I am seeing on NL these days is scary. You are boldly saying there is nothing wrong with forgery provided you graduated (I pasted your initial comment for reference)

Politics aside, are you aware that forgery is a crime?

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Exceed15: 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
At this juncture supreme court should do the needful.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by plaindealer: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Mad ipob losers, CSU say A, but Igbos are saying B.

Set awon Pandora ipob cult losers .

Losing no dey taya you losers... cheesy
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by plaindealer: 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Originalsly:
This certificate thing is not making any sense .... CSU needs to only verify if Tinubu graduated and was presented a certificate in 1979. What he does with it after should not be their concern. What I think really happened is Tinubu either misplaced his certificate .... or his certificate was damaged and could not get a duplicate before the presentation deadline. He then got the "experts " to replace it but they didn't research well enough to get the correct information that was missing. At the end of the day..... even if he presented a fake certificate ... that cannot remove him from office... so what's the point? Why not spend this energy in being an effective opposition leader and keeping Tinubu and his administration in check?

He hired experts to fake replacement certificate even though it cost nothing to get a replacement?

You people are certified mentally crippled and unintelligent... I swear.. grin

1 Like

Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Originalsly: 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
plaindealer:

He hired experts to fake replacement certificate even though it cost nothing to get a replacement?

You people are certified mentally crippled and unintelligent... I swear.. grin

I guess my comment was more than you can assimilate or you wouldn't be making this comment.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by Originalsly: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
yewit37486:

Forget Pres. Tinubu for a minute, let me understand your reasoning.

Assuming you misplace your original certificate, then it's okay to ask "experts" to forge a copy to replace it when you can simply request for a replacement? Or if the deadline for a replacement (assuming there is one) passes, then it's okay to forge it? shocked

The kind of people I am seeing on NL these days is scary. You are boldly saying there is nothing wrong with forgery provided you graduated (I pasted your initial comment for reference)

Politics aside, are you aware that forgery is a crime?

Again... I'm not saying it's OK to tender forged certificates. Don't overlook that I said this is what I think happened.... I'm assuming there was a deadline ... he couldn't get an official copy in time so he forged one. Would I do that? No. Would I advise someone to do same? No. If I employed someone who tendered a forge document and I find out later ... would I keep him as an employee?... even if he had the qualifications but just the certificate was forged ... as we presume in this case? No ... I'll fire him. But I have the power to do that ... I'm not bound by any laws or regulations. In Tinubu's case... he cannot be removed from office unless blah blah blah. Does presenting a forged duplicate fall under the blah blah blah regulations that require his removal? I don't think so. But.... I'm sure there are other actions that can be taken against him ... I guess reprimand ... maybe impeachment or whatever is outlined in the disciplinary action book.

And yes... I'm aware forgery is a crime. Are you aware he is the sitting President and is immune to most crimes while in office? Maybe after he steps down ... like Trump ... then all his shenanigans can be brought to court. Hope I made a little sense somewhere.
Re: Chicago State University Refuses To Authenticate Tinubu’s Submitted Certificate by yewit37486: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
Originalsly:

Again... I'm not saying it's OK to tender forged certificates. Don't overlook that I said this is what I think happened.... I'm assuming there was a deadline ... he couldn't get an official copy in time so he forged one. Would I do that? No. Would I advise someone to do same? No. If I employed someone who tendered a forge document and I find out later ... would I keep him as an employee?... even if he had the qualifications but just the certificate was forged ... as we presume in this case? No ... I'll fire him. But I have the power to do that ... I'm not bound by any laws or regulations. In Tinubu's case... he cannot be removed from office unless blah blah blah. Does presenting a forged duplicate fall under the blah blah blah regulations that require his removal? I don't think so. But.... I'm sure there are other actions that can be taken against him ... I guess reprimand ... maybe impeachment or whatever is outlined in the disciplinary action book.

And yes... I'm aware forgery is a crime. Are you aware he is the sitting President and is immune to most crimes while in office? Maybe after he steps down ... like Trump ... then all his shenanigans can be brought to court. Hope I made a little sense somewhere.

That was what I was trying to understand, your viewpoint if this was a personal situation, which you've clearly expressed.
All clear.
Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Summary Of Cases Handled By CCT - Till Date / The Deteriorating Nature Of Mile 2 – Apapa Road / No President Who Emerges From The PDP Can Succeed- Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.