Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,352 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) (1544 Views)

Military Burnt Nko, Yakurr, Cross River State After Youths Killed A Soldier / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Triton1996(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
The heavy downpour that lasted for about 10 hours in Lagos state has left some parts of the state unrecognizable.

The state was literally submerged with water as people found it impossible to access roads due to heavy flooding.

In some parts of the state, vehicles were submerged in the flood and there is also a report that the flood swept a motorcyclist away because he couldn’t control the wave.
This actually portrays the inefficiency of drainage system in Lagos state.

WATCH VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD6C0UwFKbA

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by kettykin: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
My brother, if you drove around Lagos today. You would have wept sore, badagry, mile 2 , alaba , Festac was submerged with water like the days God destroyed the earth and saved only Noah.
To complicate issues, there is no light anywhere in Lagos and ogun states .

To be honest with you, this is an overhyped habitat that exists on the grace of niger delta oil money allocation and taxes from companies mining oil , banks and telcos

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by MatrixReloaded: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
It's all ova the world. Flooding. For the fact the drainage system that was systematically channelled from Lagos Islland by the first missionaries, the govt didn't follow suit otherwise the tunnel that was linked to Swamp and canals in eko axis will still help to reduce water damp on the street of lagos island and lekki axis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by accordadoga29(f): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hehehehehe...

Make flood dey carry duplex and flyover bridge dey go, the gbajue people waking their parents up with sidekicks won’t still leave Lagos😀

Lagos is their Beijing in Africa

5 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by accordadoga29(f): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hehehehe
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by fayomim: 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2023
Triton1996:

The heavy downpour that lasted for about 10 hours in Lagos state has left some parts of the state unrecognizable.

The state was literally submerged with water as people found it impossible to access roads due to heavy flooding.

In some parts of the state, vehicles were submerged in the flood and there is also a report that the flood swept a motorcyclist away because he couldn’t control the wave.

WATCH VIDEO BELOW

na little little rain dey fall for abuja here....
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Tntsi: 9:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
Mega super lagos grin
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by successmatters(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2023
The same Lagos built by druggie? grin
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Emir01: 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2023
kettykin:
My brother, if you drove around Lagos today. You would have wept sore, badagry, mile 2 , alaba , Festac was submerged with water like the days God destroyed the earth and saved only Noah.

To be honest with you, this is an overhyped habitat that exists on the grace of niger delta oil money allocation and taxes from companies mining oil , banks and telcos

Most of you are ignorant, even florida, Hong-Kong, Newyork dey flood. What's flooding in the 1st place? Even if you use d whole Lagos to construct drainage, if you have consistent heavy rain that ground cannot absolve you will have flooding.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by igwebuike01: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
Mega shitty
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by kettykin: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2023
Emir01:

Most of you are ignorant, even florida, Hong-Kong, Newyork dey flood. What's flooding in the 1st place? Even if you use d whole Lagos to construct drainage, if you have consistent heavy rain that ground cannot absolve you will have flooding.

The type of rain that inflicted this damage in Lagos would have gone without any noticeable damage in those cities
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by delpee(f): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
kettykin:

The type of rain that inflicted this damage in Lagos would have gone without any noticeable damage in those cities

Flooding in different parts of the "developed " world have been in the news lately. What happened here is a child's play compared to what we're seeing in other places. Libya was in the news for devastating flood yesterday. USA, parts of Europe and Asia too.

Lagos is at sea level. People empty refuse in gutters and canals. What do we expect under the circumstances when rain falls heavily for a long period?

Government has it's role but the people need to do better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by NoToPile: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
kettykin:

Anywhere? There's light currently and I am around the Axis you mentioned in the 1st paragraph. The light was restored past 7pm.

The kind of rain that fell today it's been a very long while I experienced this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Racoon(m): 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
Lagos is surrounded by waters hence the perennial flooding. However, since Tinubu and his brainless zombies said Lagos starts and ends under him, then he must take responsibility for every ill therein.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Okwyjesus(m): 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
Triton1996:

WATCH VIDEO BELOW

Torr. Na de Lagos be this.
Abeg shift make l pass

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by EmekaA125(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
Tinupoo built Lagos. This is the Lagos he built. Okponu jati jatis shouldn't quote me grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Rahkman: 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehehehe...

Make flood dey carry duplex and flyover bridge dey go, the gbajue people waking their parents up with sidekicks won’t still leave Lagos😀
swissmass weytin do ur moniker? I see say u don accept ur calling as a faggòt

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Japa007: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2023
I wonder what still intrigue people to this slum, only the littered wastes and mosquitoes in this slummy_lagos can send any highly sensible man into coma grin
Only Fools and Mad Men are still living in that ghetto
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by maticar: 12:52am On Sep 17, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehehehe...

You that wake your parents by beheading them on their beds, welldone oo

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Sultanofpiglets: 1:41am On Sep 17, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Zupay: 1:55am On Sep 17, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehehehe...

O gba jue na Lagos! cheesy cheesy
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by EmekaA125(m): 2:13am On Sep 17, 2023
Zupay:

O gba jue na Lagos! cheesy cheesy
Mtcheeeew.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by EmekaA125(m): 2:14am On Sep 17, 2023
Tinubu laid a very bad foundation in Lagos by converting public funds to personal and family use. Very heartless greedy fellow.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Toks2008(m): 3:30am On Sep 17, 2023
kettykin:

I saw this in a vision and I shared it in a WhatsApp group.

Let's pray it doesn't get worse than this cos I saw it vividly.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:01am On Sep 17, 2023
delpee:

Flooding in different parts of the "developed " world have been in the news lately. What happened here is a child's play compared to what we're seeing in other places. Libya was in the news for devastating flood yesterday. USA, parts of Europe and Asia too.

Lagos is at sea level. People empty refuse in gutters and canals. What do we expect under the circumstances when rain falls heavily for a long period?

The situation of yesterday and last weekend wasn't just drainage blocking issues oo, it was serious downpour, we don't have issues of blocked drainage in my area, for the past 25yrs, first time water entered the house.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:03am On Sep 17, 2023
Toks2008:

I saw this in a vision and I shared it in a WhatsApp group.

Let's pray it doesn't get worse than this cos I saw it vividly.
Una don start, una no dey see vision of better things, na vision to put fear una spirit dey always see

1 Like

Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Mrtaye: 5:00am On Sep 17, 2023
Emir01:

Na lie jo
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by Mrtaye: 5:05am On Sep 17, 2023
delpee:

Stop lying....no be only child's play abi drm tell you say na rain cause Libya flood abi ...Libya flood is caused by two bursted dams which is more like a disaster...stop the misinformation
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by delpee(f): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

The situation of yesterday and last weekend wasn't just drainage blocking issues oo, it was serious downpour, we don't have issues of blocked drainage in my area, for the past 25yrs, first time water entered the house.

Sorry about that. Hope it has receded now.
I also remember that the Ogun/Oyan river basin usually overflows sometime during the rainy season causing so much damage along it's path to the Lagoon.
Re: Heavy Flooding In Lagos State After 10 Hours Of Rain (VIDEO) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
delpee:

Sorry about that. Hope it has receded now.
I also remember that the Ogun/Oyan river basin usually overflows sometime during the rainy season causing so much damage along it's path to the Lagoon.
Thanks for the care.
The one in the house was drained the next day, and no damage to any item. The one in the compound is still there but reducing.
Thanks. Grateful

(1) (Reply)

Respect Owners Of Land, Cooperate With Sanwo-Olu – Oba Of Lagos Tells Igbos / Sir Emeka Offor (nigeria Most Controversial Contractor) / Why Ibo Man Will Never Be President Of This Our Dear Corntree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.