Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,664 members, 7,851,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? (8214 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:
wish you can question your Doctrine too.

No where in Genesis 1:1 did it say universe has a beginning

Don't play
It was presented in a simple and logical way
In a lay understanding, what comes to mind from the human standpoint is the heavens and the earth which are components we can see and unique to our environment...
Other parts mentions skies as well

Or other parts of the universe the Bible did not mention means they were not created?
Bible did not mention things like microorganisms and other planets as well
All the same, science agrees the universe has a beginning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:56am On Sep 29, 2023
LordReed:

Why do all these dumdums keep asking me to produce evidence for claims I didn't make?

If you were debating the earth could not be an effect of a designer? It would come from who? Itself or booom? Earth appeared

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 7:58am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Don't play
It was presented in a simple and logical way
In a lay understanding, what comes to mind from the human standpoint is the heavens and the earth which are components we can see and unique to our enevironment...
Other parts mentions skies as well

Or other parts of the universe the Bible did not mention means they were not created?
Bible did not mention things like microorganisms and other planets as well
All the same, science agrees the universe has a beginning
Didn't science agree on Evolution too?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

By intelligent mind or by accident?
Intelligent atheist cheesy

NATURAL PROCESS

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:02am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If you were debating the earth could not be an effect of a designer? It would come from who? Itself or booom? Earth appeared

Go read up on planetary and other stellar bodies formation if you wish to know.

Start here: https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent/the-universe/planets/formation-of-our-solar-system
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

Didn't science agree on Evolution too?

Based on facts or mere speculation
Why shouldn't we question science as to evolution especially using scientific approach?

Besides, I don't know which part of science agrees with evolution...
Evolution breaks the common concept of reproduction... Parents produce like offspring but they mention how we evolve from one animal or the other and share common ancestral lineage
The human brain cannot be a product of evolution
Scientists don't even agree on its definition and evem the concept of what Darwin said is becoming odd and being revised
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:04am On Sep 29, 2023
LordReed:

Start here: https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent/the-universe/planets/formation-of-our-solar-system
I am not reading any link
Drop screenshot to prove your point
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Based on facts or mere speculation
Why shouldn't we question science as to evolution especially using scientific approach?

Besides, I don't know which part of science agrees with evolution...
Evolution breaks the common concept of reproduction... Parents produce like offspring but they , hmi evolve from one animal or the other and s
Andhare common ancestral lineage
The human brain cannot be a product of evolutionscek
Scientists don't even agree on its definition and evem the concept of what Darwin said is becoming odd and being revised
The universe having a beginning is based on what, mind sharing the facts.
And name the scientist that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

The universe having a beginning is based on what, mind sharing the facts.
And name the scientist that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution

All scientists today accept the theory of evolution as to the origin of life and diversity of species. Yes or No?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2023
LordReed:

Drop screenshot of your point in the link you dropped
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

All scientists today I accept the theory of evolution as to the origin of life and diversity of species. Yes or No?
Is that the definition of "Evolution", yes or no?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:36am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

Is that the definition of "Evolution", yes or no?

grin grin grin
Define evolution
I mentioned 2 aspects of what evolution says
1. Origin of life
2. Diversity of species
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

grin grin grin
Define evolution
I mentioned 2 aspects of what evolution says
1. Origin of life
2. Diversity of species
Where did Evolution say such,mind sharing whee you got it.

name the scientist that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:41am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Drop screenshot of your point in the link you dropped
Aemmyjah:

I am not reading any link
Drop screenshot to prove your point

If you're too lazy to click the link then that's not my problem.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

name the scientist that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution

1. Origin of life: The process by which life first arose from non-living matter. Miller and Oparin

2. Diversity of living forms: The variety of different types of life that exist on Earth. (Darwin and Wallace)

Or I should describe the scientists mentioned above?

As to your second question, I will mention one known example if you answer me first

Do all scientists today (including biologists) accept the theory of evolution?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:44am On Sep 29, 2023
LordReed:

If you're too lazy to click the link then that's not my problem.

Fine
Personally, I don't drop links
I drop screenshot so that everyone can see the point I'm making
Bear in mind how none of you have addressed the OP
The closest was Jaephoenix but he mentioned 'probably' and said he does not know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 8:50am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. Origin of life: The process by which life first arose from non-living matter. Miller and Oparin

2. Diversity of living forms: The variety of different types of life that exist on Earth. (Darwin and Wallace)

Or I should describe the scientists mentioned above?

As to your second question, I will mention one known example if you answer me first

Do all scientists today (including biologists) accept the theory of evolution?
Jargons.

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:53am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

Macroevolution refers to evolutionary change that occurs at or above the species level. It involves the formation of new species, the diversification of lineages over long periods of time, and the emergence of novel traits or characteristics. It encompasses significant evolutionary events such as speciation, extinction, and adaptive radiations.

Charles Darwin, in his book "On the Origin of Species," defined evolution as "descent with modification," describing how species arise from a common ancestor and gradually change over time through the process of natural selection. He wrote, "Owing to this struggle for life, any variation, however slight and from whatever cause proceeding, if it be in any degree profitable to an individual of any species, in its infinitely complex relations to other organic beings and to external nature, will tend to the preservation of that individual, and will generally be inherited by its offspring."

Ernst Mayr, defined evolution as "the change in frequency of genes in a population over time." He explained that evolution is driven by mechanisms such as natural selection, genetic drift, and mutation, resulting in changes at both the genetic and phenotypic levels.

Richard Dawkins, a well-known evolutionary biologist and author, wrote, "Evolution is a process that is responsible for the diversity of life on Earth. It is a process [b]without foresight, [/b]and its consequences are determined by a combination of genetic variation, the inheritance of that variability, and the environmental context." Any evidence? Dawkins no give any evidence as to his assumption
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Fine
Personally, I don't drop links
I drop screenshot so that everyone can see the point I'm making
Bear in mind how none of you have addressed the OP
The closest was Jaephoenix but he mentioned 'probably' and said he does not know

That's your cup of tea.

I am not interested in addressing the original post. What I was interested in was addressing something the OP said. Too bad if you don't like it.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Macroevolution refers to evolutionary change that occurs at or above the species level. It involves the formation of new species, the diversification of lineages over long periods of time, and the emergence of novel traits or characteristics. It encompasses significant evolutionary events such as speciation, extinction, and adaptive radiations.

Charles Darwin, in his book "On the Origin of Species," defined evolution as "descent with modification," describing how species arise from a common ancestor and gradually change over time through the process of natural selection. He wrote, "Owing to this struggle for life, any variation, however slight and from whatever cause proceeding, if it be in any degree profitable to an individual of any species, in its infinitely complex relations to other organic beings and to external nature, will tend to the preservation of that individual, and will generally be inherited by its offspring."

Ernst Mayr, defined evolution as "the change in frequency of genes in a population over time." He explained that evolution is driven by mechanisms such as natural selection, genetic drift, nd mutation, resulting in changes at both the genetic and phenotypic levels.

With this definition, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

Jargons.

I will name a very well respected one if you answer my question

All scientists today accept the theory of evolution. Yes or No?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

With this definition, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution

I am ready na
Answer my simple Yes/No question first na

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:01am On Sep 29, 2023
We all accept that our common ancestors was a man and a woman and that is logical and scientific

Who do atheists adopt as their ancestor? See the image below

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I am ready na
Answer my simple Yes/No question first na
You made a claim, defend it, I asked you first.

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2023
budaatum:

Because you have not done the research to ask and knock and seek so you may may know, it's likely hard for you to consider that others might have done the research so they may know. And you expect the research they may have done to be given to you instead of you doing your own research.

Believers accept made up ideas without proof or facts. Good thing is you are agnostic, which means you will ask and knock and seek until you do know, or you'd be lazy and just believe.

Did you observe his views? They are not honest. He results in insults because he has no explanations for the questions being asked. He could not provide an explanation of the origin of human existence, nor did he provide explanations on how the creator of the universe is not a mystery. He would have just said he didn't know instead of trying to defend his dishonest stand.

Personally, I do not subscribe to believing in something just because we are told, without making an effort to find out if it is true or not. I do not claim I know it all, nor can I prove the mysteries in the world for now.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:04am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

You made a claim, defend it, I asked you first.

I have defined evolution and cited those that quoted it
If you are really interested in me just mentioning one scientist who does not agree with Evolution and what part, I will gladly mention... I will even add his interview join am but answer me first cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

Did you observe his views? They are not honest. He results in insults because he has no explanations for the questions being asked. He could not provide an explanation of the origin of human existence, nor did he provide explanations on how the creator of the universe is not a mystery. He would have just said he didn't know instead of trying to defend his dishonest stand.

Personally, I do not subscribe to believing in something just because we are told, without making an effort to find out if it is true or not. I do not claim I know it all, nor can I prove the mysteries in the world for now.

We have not seen anything evolved
We have no seen anything created

Life either evolved or was created
Why not do your research sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

O
I have defined evolution iand cited those that quoted it
If you are really interested in me just mentioning one scientist who does not agree with Evolution and what part, I will gladly mention... I will even add his interview join am but answer me first cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cool
Evolution has his own definition, I didn't see non living mater in your citation you quoted, you add that one abi grin

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

Evolution has his own definition, I didn't see non living mater in your citation you quoted, you add that one abi grin

Define evolution then and explain what it says about the origin of life and diversity of living forms

Answer my question first if you want me to answer you

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Define evolution then and explain what it says about the origin of v and diversity of living forms

Answer my question first if you want me to answer you
If you are really interested like lordreed said, go look it up and learn.

And remember, all lives come from water, maybe that's why most Religions revere water 😉

With this definition, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution.

I was the first to ask you to defend your claim since.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

If you are really interested like lordreed said, go look it up and learn.

And remember, all lives come from water, maybe that's why most Religions revere water 😉

With this definition, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution.

I was the first to ask you to defend your claim since.

If you cannot answer my yes/no question then. It means you are are not sincere with your question

There are several thousands of them
The name I wanted to mention is still very much alive today and a lump in the throat for all evolutionists... He wrote a book and they set out to challenge it 🤣🤣🤣

You're not interested in knowing who
Then we call it a day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If you cannot answer my yes/no question then. It means you are are not sincere with your question

There are several thousands of them
The name I wanted to mention is still very much alive today and a lump in the throat for all evolutionists... He wrote a book and they set out to challenge it sad sadw sad sad 🤣🤣🤣

You're not interested in knowing who
Then we call it a day

I was on my own when you quoted me, boy bye 😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

The Commonsense Of Vichama: Yahweh Lacks This / Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / A Picture Of OBJ And Pa Oshoffa In The 70's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.