Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,601 members, 7,851,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? (8199 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

With this definition, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution.

I was on my own when you quoted me, boy bye 😂

If you wanna know, answer my simple question... It's just a yes or no answer... Maybe you did not see it, lemme help you

[b]TODAY, ALL SCIENTISTS ACCEPT AND AGREE ON THE EVOLUTION THEORY.[/b]
YES OR NO?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2023
jaephoenix:

Everything around us evolved or grew. Some were human made. Animals, rocks, trees all evolved from tiny multicellulars. How those multicellulars came to be, I don't know. But if they were created, then that means that creator must have a creator. Such powerful, wise creator surely wouldnt pop into existence, would it?
Lol so if the creator has a creator, then the creator of the creator must also have a creator, the creator of the creator of the creator must also have a creator. Where will the chain of creators end in your imagination? cheesy cheesy

The creator must have no beginnings. He must be timeless. He must have been the source of the universe and life.

You're sitting in your room there with your tiny brain trying to imagine what is totally beyond you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

With this definition, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution.

I was on my own when you quoted me, boy bye 😂

If you wanna know, answer my simple question... It's just a yes or no answer... Maybe you did not see it, lemme help you

TODAY, ALL SCIENTISTS ACCEPT AND AGREE ON THE EVOLUTION THEORY.
YES OR NO
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol so if the creator has a creator, then the creator of the creator must also have a creator, the creator of the creator of the creator must also have a creator. Where will the chain of creators end in your imagination? cheesy cheesy

The creator must have no beginnings. He must be timeless. He must have been the source of the universe and life.

You're sitting in your room there with your tiny brain trying to imagine what is totally beyond you.

Don't mind blind atheists
They are all blind mentality
Notice that none of them have eve answered the OP

They will ask you where the Creator is, you should produce him, where does he come from?
Foolish people with no sense of purpose or meaning as their theory leaves them.
Being overly pessimistic is not a characteristic of intelligence and that's who they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah post=126086981
If you wanna know, anser my simple question... It's just a yes or no answer... Maybe you did not see it, lemme help you
Flair
[b:

TODAY
, ALL SCIENTISTS ACCEPT AND AGREE ON THE EVOLUTION THEORY.[/b]
YES OR NO?
I was on my own when you quoted me, name the scientists that don't agree with Evolution, also what part of science does not agree with Evolution

You made a claim, defend it first.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 9:45am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

So this creator just existed, he didn't create Existence.

All these your claims about a creator are you not imagining it from your tiny brain, or you read it somewhere, that is people's imagination from their own tiny brains.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What about the law of gravity?
The same law also guide the movement of the planetary bodies

In general, a scientific law is the description of an observed phenomenon. It doesn't explain why the phenomenon exists or what causes it. The explanation for a phenomenon is called a scientific theory. It is a misconception that theories turn into laws with enough research.

https://www.livescience.com/21457-what-is-a-law-in-science-definition-of-scientific-law.html#:~:text=In%20general%2C%20a%20scientific%20law,into%20laws%20with%20enough%20research.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

We have not seen anything evolved
We have no seen anything created

Life either evolved or was created

You are right concerning the fact that we have not seen anything being evolved, created, or not. But how do we reflect on them?

Aemmyjah:

Why not do your research sir?

Let me disclose a few of the results of my research:
First, humans don't have enough facts to prove the existence of a creator or creators; neither does anyone have enough facts to disprove the existence of a creator or creators.
Secondly, there are some labels, such as gods,demons, Satan, and many others, that are actually wrongly defined or subjectively defined based on religion, culture, races, etc. We lack sufficient abilities to define them objectively.
Thirdly, spirituality actually exists and works based on principles beyond science. Just because you have not had any spiritual experience does not make others experiences invalid.
Fourthly, there There are countless mysteries in the world. And we have a lot to do to unleash the mysteries. And at present, we don't have the capacity to unleash these mysteries. It's dishonest to say there are no mysteries in the world. For example, in the science world, dark matter and dark energy are mysteries.
Moreover, many atheists here in Nairaland are not honest about their views. So a lot is needed to secure the minds of kids or young ones from these dishonest people.
The thread topic is a researcher topic. Its aim is to find out who has done more research than I have and whose contributions would contribute to my further research. But I am amazed by the low level of intellectual contributions here. They most want to win arguments with logical guesses.

What is your contribution to the said topic here?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

Did you observe his views? They are not honest. He results in insults because he has no explanations for the questions being asked. He could not provide an explanation of the origin of human existence, nor did he provide explanations on how the creator of the universe is not a mystery. He would have just said he didn't know instead of trying to defend his dishonest stand.

Personally, I do not subscribe to believing in something just because we are told, without making an effort to find out if it is true or not. I do not claim I know it all, nor can I prove the mysteries in the world for now.

I am very certain my Lord told you he does not know if he does not but know. Unfortunately, I can't go through the thread to find out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2023
budaatum:

I am very certain my Lord told you he does not know if he does but know. Unfortunately, I can't go through the thread to find out.
Are you an atheist? Your Lord says what?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

So this creator just existed, he didn't create Existence.

All these your claims about a creator are you not imagining it from your tiny brain, or you read it somewhere, that is people's imagination from their own tiny brains.
It's not an imagination. Rather it's reasonable to conclude that there must be a mastermind behind creation based on the evidence we see around. The way the universe works and complexity of life could never have come by chance.

You can bring another assumption but don't tell me it's by chance. That's so dumb.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

It's not an imagination. R
ather it's reasonable to conclude that there must be a mastermind behind creation based on the evidence we fhee see around. The way the universe works and complexity of life could never have come by chance.
You can bring another assumption but don't tell me it's by chance. That's so dumb.
This master-mind came by chance?

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

The his Mother showed up and She said, “how dare you say you are the timeless source of the universe and life? Didn’t I carry you in my womb for 9 months?! No beginnings indeed. Now go wash those dishes before your father gets home”

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

He abracadabra himself into existence as a fully grown man.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
KnownUnknown:

N
He abracadabra himself into existence as a fully grown man.
😂😂
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

You are right concerning the fact that we have not seen anything being evolved, created, or not. But how do we reflect on them?

Let me disclose a few of the results of my research:
First, humans don't have enough facts to prove the existence of a creator or creators; neither does anyone have enough facts to disprove the existence of a creator or creators.
Secondly, there are some labels, such as gods,demons, Satan, and many others, that are actually wrongly defined or subjectively defined based on religion, culture, races, etc. We lack sufficient abilities to define them objectively.
Thirdly, spirituality actually exists and works based on principles beyond science. Just because you have not had any spiritual experience does not make others experiences invalid.
Fourthly, there There are countless mysteries in the world. And we have a lot to do to unleash the mysteries. And at present, we don't have the capacity to unleash these mysteries. It's dishonest to say there are no mysteries in the world. For example, in the science world, dark matter and dark energy are mysteries.
Moreover, many atheists here in Nairaland are not honest about their views. So a lot is needed to secure the minds of kids or young ones from these dishonest people.
The thread topic is a researcher topic. Its aim is to find out who has done more research than I have and whose contributions would contribute to my further research. But I am amazed by the low level of intellectual contributions here. They most want to win arguments with logical guesses.

What is your contribution to the said topic here?

I believe God exists
Evolution na mere philosophy
I'm a preacher but lemme mention the things I use to convince people that God exists

1. Natural laws and lawgiver
2. Design and Designer
3. Bible
4. Religion/Spirituality
5. Intelligence
6. Consciousness
7. Altruism
8. Order and Organization in the natural world
9. Conscience
10. Cause and effect (I use this when I meet Lawyers, doctors, philosophers)
11. Prayers

I can explain them
Which do you want me to explain?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
KnownUnknown:

The his Mother showed up and She said, “how dare you say you are the timeless source of the universe and life? Didn’t I carry you in my womb for 9 months?! No beginnings indeed. Now go wash those dishes before your father gets home”

Lol see reasoning cheesy cheesy
So because you have a mother means the creator must also have a mother?
Comedians dé here o
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

The mastermind is the source of everything.
In fact everything in nature, the way scientists carry out there experiments to reach reasonable facts shows that nothing came by chance.

If life came by chance and it's so perfect and unique, complex and everything seems working well, how come scientists haven't been able to create any form of life after their extensive and progressive accumulation of knowledge over that centuries?

How come chance came with balance and perfection cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol see reasoning cheesy cheesy
So because you have a mother means the creator must also have a mother?
Comedians dé here o

See lack of reasoning!!! He makes up nonsense but he’s too dumb to realize that anyone can make up anything they please. At least I’m a comedian while you are nothing but a joke.

Not only a mother, he also had a wicked step mother who abused him and that’s why he turned into a murderous psychopath. Then he went into Witness Protection after he murdered all those first born people and animals in Egypt and that’s why he hasn’t shown up since.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
KnownUnknown:

See lack of reasoning!!! He makes up nonsense but he’s too dumb to realize that anyone can make up anything they please. At least I’m a comedian while you are nothing but a joke.

Not only a mother, he also had a wicked step mother who abused him and that’s why he turned into a murderous psychopath. Then he went into Witness Protection after he murdered all those first born people and animals in Egypt and that’s why he hasn’t shown up since.
Okay
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

The mastermind is the source of everything.
In fact everything in nature, the way scientists carry out there experiments to reach reasonable facts shows that nothing came by chance.

If life came by chance and it's so perfect and unique, complex and everything seems working well, how come scientists haven't been able to create any form of life after their extensive and progressive accumulation of knowledge over that centuries?

How come chance came with balance and perfection cheesy cheesy
A source doesn't create.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by budaatum: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

Are you an atheist? Your Lord says what?

I am an atheist. My Lord is Lordreed.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by LordReed(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

Did you observe his views? They are not honest. He results in insults because he has no explanations for the questions being asked. He could not provide an explanation of the origin of human existence, nor did he provide explanations on how the creator of the universe is not a mystery. He would have just said he didn't know instead of trying to defend his dishonest stand.

Personally, I do not subscribe to believing in something just because we are told, without making an effort to find out if it is true or not. I do not claim I know it all, nor can I prove the mysteries in the world for now.

You insulted me the first time I overlooked it. You insulted me again and then I gave to you and now you are crying crocodile tears.

All your valid questions I answered but did you answer any question except to dodge and insult?

Always looking to project your failings on to others.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I believe God exists
Evolution na mere philosophy
I'm a preacher but lemme mention the things I use to convince people that God exists

1. Natural laws and lawgiver
2. Design and Designer
3. Bible
4. Religion/Spirituality
5. Intelligence
6. Consciousness
7. Altruism
8. Order and Organization in the natural world
9. Conscience
10. Cause and effect (I use this when I meet Lawyers, doctors, philosophers)
11. Prayers

I can explain them
Which do you want me to explain?

I love to engage someone like you. Let's start with how the Bible is a proof that there is a god or gods.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by gisevak: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2023
budaatum:

I am an atheist. My Lord is Lordreed.
How do you explain the existence of humans?
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by KnownUnknown: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

I love to engage someone like you. Let's start with how the Bible is a proof that there is a god or gods.

Lol and a Marvel Comic is proof that there is a Thanos or Thanii.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

A source doesn't create.
No wahala
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Maynman: 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
cornelboy:

No wahala
Existence and Non existence cannot be created.
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by cornelboy(f): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

Existence and Non existence cannot be created.
No wahala
Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2023
gisevak:

Yes.
The Bible itself is seen by many as a religious figure as 2 Timothy 3:16 says that it is inspired of God.
Genesis account helps us understand that sequence and order of creation in a reasonable manner though it does not mention all the details as to how and when
Then it mentions about how the first humans were formed. From the dust of the earth. Science itself attests to it that the elements found in the dust is also found in the human body
While several religions and logic helps us see that there's indeed a Creator, the Bible presents it in a way that is clear. Helping us to understand other questions as to why the earth was created, and the future... The Bible account give us details that evolution can never give us such as. Where we come from (History), why we are here (Purpose) and where we are going.
By means of God's spirit did God help in creating the universe which includes the earth. The Bible just presents his personality more just as the blueprint of a house can tell you more of the owner /architect... It does not say when but it says the universe had a beginning before God began creating

1. Who created the earth - Nehemiah 9:6, Isaiah 42:5,8
2. With what did he use to create the earth - Psalm 33:6
3. Why did God create the earth - Isaiah 45:18, Genesis 1:2, Psalm 115:16

4. How will life be like on earth in the future? Psalm 37:10,11,29... Revelation 21:3,4...

The above are just points or verses that the Bible mentions about creation
How do we know that the Bible is even true and the word of God. We have to put the Bible on trial and investigate it (not with an overly critical, pessimistic attitude like atheists do) but to determine if it is true.
Now since the Bible claims to be the word of God and a gift for mankind, we expect that such book will become widely distributed and translated ans easy to read irrespective of location or language of the Bible... Statistics tells us that the Bible has been translated in about 4000 languages in whole or in part ; about 100% of earth's inhabitants have access to the Bible and billions of copies has been produced. The Bible remains the bestseller for all time... That can only be unique of God's word

But, the distribution of the Bible and accessibility and translation is not really convincing to believe that the Bible is God's word... What other point(s) give credit to the Bible as being God's word as it says?

1. History
2. Science
3. Prophecy
4. Moral advice

1. History: The Bible is a book of history as it not only talks about God but discuss about the dealings with men spanning several millennia. The Bible is not a myth as it mention specific events, names of people, places that still exist today or that existed then and still supported by secular records. Unlike mythical and other religious books that uses 'once upon a time, a certain man in a certain land', the Bible mentions dates, places, names of people that are well corroborated by secular history and archeology ... Once upon a time, critics did not believe that people like David, Pilate, Belshazzar, Nineveh etc never existed. Archeology has silenced them and is silencing them... Bible writers also mentions their own weaknesses and how they and their kings were punished for rebellion e.g, Simon Peter denials, David adultery, Jonah disobedience, Moses punishment. Something that other history books would have left out... The Bible mentions the occupation of people of places, how they did things, buried people, punished people, their capitals, many things that we would never have otherwise known. People have taken interest to validate or invalidate these, only giving credit to the Bible

2. Science... Science is dynamic. As we keep studying science, the laws and theories tend to change from time to time... What scientists see as fact 500 years ago is now laughable. The Bible is not a science textbook but what it says regarding science, even thousands of years ago is still fact though it was not commonly accepted. For example, the Bible mentions about the sequence of the water cycle about 3500 years ago... How would anyone know when they did not have sophisticated equipment like we have today? It describes the condensation, evaporation and condensation process in very simple and logical manner and later, someone mentions about the flow of water bodies - where they come from and how they return,explaining why the volumes of the sea is not rapidly increasing (Job 36:27, 28 and Ecclesiastes 1:7)... Ancient science describes the earth as flat and hanging on some creatures until Isaac Newton came up wit the gravity postulate... You may remember that in Geography (if you studied that), we were taught that it is only not too far that we accepted that the earth is spherical and the biggest evidence was from aerial photograph... 3500 years ago, a Bible writer wrote that the earth is not hanging on any support. How did he know? Did he go to space to view the earth or use any telescope 🔭? It was not even invented. 2700 years ago, someone wrote that the earth is a circle. How did he know either especially as it was opposite the common viewpoint and nobody in the secular world embraced the idea until the invention of the telescope and people going into space? They claim that what they say is inspired of God. What God says regarding science, through is word was FACT.

3. Prophecy : No man can foretell the future... Even weather forecast of the next few hours may be wrong. The biggest evidence that the Bible was inspired is in its prophecy which were pronounced several decades and centuries but now fulfilled in EXACT details... Did you know that about 200 years in advance, a man prophecied that a world power will invade and destroy his own nation and take many into captivity and later that same worldpower would be overthrown by a man named Cyrus, without a battle? It even add that's this worldpower, on the night of its overthrow will carelessly leave their doors open, creating chance for the overthrow and the deep moat that surrounded the nation as a protection will go down? And that later, this worldpower will be destroyed and no human will inhabit it forever? The prophecy was fulfilled and secular history confirms it. Babylon invaded and destroyed Jerusalem, Babylon was overthrown by Cyrus without a battle, he diverted the waters surrounding the city to gain access inside and the doors were left open due to the revelry of people of the city. Today, Babylon is in ruins and unlivable. It is like someone saying that Washington DC or Beijing or Moscow will destroy Libya and that same worldpower be destroyed by LordReed (whose father was not even born) and LordReed will remove the city's natural defence, overthrow the government just like that and that Washington will later be destroyed and unlivable... Only by divine inspiration could such prediction have happened... Another prophet predicted the fall of Nineveh and it's total destruction. This happened so much that critics said that Nineveh never existed. Today, only tiny remains have been excavated by archeologist confirming the city as once the capital of the Assyrian world power
Did you know that, when Daniel lived (Babylon was world power). He predicted who the next world power would be? MedoPersia, then Greece (he even mentioned how great the king of Greece would be and his exploits but he'll die young and his kingdom won't go to his children but divided into 4 parts. That was true of Alexander the great), after Greece would be Rome (and that during the Roman worldpower is when the Messiah, Christ will come but he will be killed and Jerusalem will be destroyed). He also foretold that Rome will be divided into nations but the tiniest, insignificant nations will defeat three nations far greater and powerful than itself and it will become great and a dual worldpower but this worldpower will not be strong unlike other previous worldpowers due to the influence of the common people. Rome became divided. Britain was the smallest and insignificant but it destroyed Netherlands, Spain and France to become top and greatest empire but during the worldpower, it joined with USA to form what we call the Anglo-American worldpower which we have today but Anglo-American is not even strong due to the influence of the people as they tend to protest, revolution, insurrections, take the government to court, their democracy is even divided as we can see today, who is that man or group that would have done these when Babylon, MedoPersia, Greece, Rome were worldpower? The result will be fatal. The Bible mentions the name of the government that will destroy the Anglo-American worldpower. It will destroy it and every human government and be the sole government ruling forever, bringing about real peace and justice. If what the Bible says about successive worldpower has been fulfilled, it is foolish to deny that Anglo-American will be destroyed and we'll have a sole, world government... I did not even mention Jesus' prophecy of our time. He foretold that world condition and people attitude will be bad and our planet will be ruined by mankind - a time of wars, earthquakes, food shortages, epidemics and fearful sights. He said that about 2000 years ago. If you'd asked someone just 100 or 200 years ago about how life would be today, the prediction was that thing will be better. Remember vision 2020. 2020 came and it was completely out of what we expected

4. Moral advice: I don overwrite na😏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
Maynman:

The universe has a beginning and is eternal (infinite)
Let's now go into logic
Let's see if you logical

The universe cannot be the cause of itself
The universe is either caused by something or someone eternal and that thing or someone is Uncaused...
Let's now see how u dribble logic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Yes.
The Bible itself is seen by many as a religious figure as 2 Timothy 3:16 says that it is inspired of God.
Genesis account helps us understand that sequence and order of creation in a reasonable manner though it does not mention all the details as to how and when
Then it mentions about how the first humans were formed. From the dust of the earth. Science itself attests to it that the elements found in the dust is also found in the human body
While several religions and logic helps us see that there's indeed a Creator, the Bible presents it in a way that is clear. Helping us to understand other questions as to why the earth was created, and the future... The Bible account give us details that evolution can never give us such as. Where we come from (History), why we are here (Purpose) and where we are going.
By means of God's spirit did God help in creating the universe which includes the earth. The Bible just presents his personality more just as the blueprint of a house can tell you more of the owner /architect... It does not say when but it says the universe had a beginning before God began creating

1. Who created the earth - Nehemiah 9:6, Isaiah 42:5,8
2. With what did he use to create the earth - Psalm 33:6
3. Why did God create the earth - Isaiah 45:18, Genesis 1:2, Psalm 115:16

4. How will life be like on earth in the future? Psalm 37:10,11,29... Revelation 21:3,4...

The above are just points or verses that the Bible mentions about creation
How do we know that the Bible is even true and the word of God. We have to put the Bible on trial and investigate it (not with an overly critical, pessimistic attitude like atheists do) but to determine if it is true.
Now since the Bible claims to be the word of God and a gift for mankind, we expect that such book will become widely distributed and translated ans easy to read irrespective of location or language of the Bible... Statistics tells us that the Bible has been translated in about 4000 languages in whole or in part ; about 100% of earth's inhabitants have access to the Bible and billions of copies has been produced. The Bible remains the bestseller for all time... That can only be unique of God's word

But, the distribution of the Bible and accessibility and translation is not really convincing to believe that the Bible is God's word... What other point(s) give credit to the Bible as being God's word as it says?

1. History
2. Science
3. Prophecy
4. Moral advice

1. History: The Bible is a book of history as it not only talks about God but discuss about the dealings with men spanning several millennia. The Bible is not a myth as it mention specific events, names of people, places that still exist today or that existed then and still supported by secular records. Unlike mythical and other religious books that uses 'once upon a time, a certain man in a certain land', the Bible mentions dates, places, names of people that are well corroborated by secular history and archeology ... Once upon a time, critics did not believe that people like David, Pilate, Belshazzar, Nineveh etc never existed. Archeology has silenced them and is silencing them... Bible writers also mentions their own weaknesses and how they and their kings were punished for rebellion e.g, Simon Peter denials, David adultery, Jonah disobedience, Moses punishment. Something that other history books would have left out... The Bible mentions the occupation of people of places, how they did things, buried people, punished people, their capitals, many things that we would never have otherwise known. People have taken interest to validate or invalidate these, only giving credit to the Bible

2. Science... Science is dynamic. As we keep studying science, the laws and theories tend to change from time to time... What scientists see as fact 500 years ago is now laughable. The Bible is not a science textbook but what it says regarding science, even thousands of years ago is still fact though it was not commonly accepted. For example, the Bible mentions about the sequence of the water cycle about 3500 years ago... How would anyone know when they did not have sophisticated equipment like we have today? It describes the condensation, evaporation and condensation process in very simple and logical manner and later, someone mentions about the flow of water bodies - where they come from and how they return,explaining why the volumes of the sea is not rapidly increasing (Job 36:27, 28 and Ecclesiastes 1:7)... Ancient science describes the earth as flat and hanging on some creatures until Isaac Newton came up wit the gravity postulate... You may remember that in Geography (if you studied that), we were taught that it is only not too far that we accepted that the earth is spherical and the biggest evidence was from aerial photograph... 3500 years ago, a Bible writer wrote that the earth is not hanging on any support. How did he know? Did he go to space to view the earth or use any telescope 🔭? It was not even invented. 2700 years ago, someone wrote that the earth is a circle. How did he know either especially as it was opposite the common viewpoint and nobody in the secular world embraced the idea until the invention of the telescope and people going into space? They claim that what they say is inspired of God. What God says regarding science, through is word was FACT.

3. Prophecy : No man can foretell the future... Even weather forecast of the next few hours may be wrong. The biggest evidence that the Bible was inspired is in its prophecy which were pronounced several decades and centuries but now fulfilled in [b]EXACT details... Did you know that about 200 years in advance, a man prophecied that a world power will invade and destroy his own nation and take many into captivity and later that same worldpower would be overthrown by a man named Cyrus, without a battle? It even add that's this worldpower, on the night of its overthrow will carelessly leave their doors open, creating chance for the overthrow and the deep moat that surrounded the nation as a protection will go down? And that later, this worldpower will be destroyed and no human will inhabit it forever? The prophecy was fulfilled and secular history confirms it. Babylon invaded and destroyed Jerusalem, Babylon was overthrown by Cyrus without a battle, he diverted the waters surrounding the city to gain access inside and the doors were left open due to the revelry of people of the city. Today, Babylon is in ruins and unlivable. It is like someone saying that Washington DC or Beijing or Moscow will destroy Libya and that same worldpower be destroyed by LordReed (whose father was not even born) and LordReed will remove the city's natural defence, overthrow the government just like that and that Washington will later be destroyed and unlivable... Only by divine inspiration could such prediction have happened... Another prophet predicted the fall of Nineveh and it's total destruction. This happened so much that critics said that Nineveh never existed. Today, only tiny remains have been excavated by archeologist confirming the city as once the capital of the Assyrian world power
Did you know that, when Daniel lived (Babylon was world power). He predicted who the next world power would be? MedoPersia, then Greece (he even mentioned how great the king of Greece would be and his exploits but he'll die young and his kingdom won't go to his children but divided into 4 parts. That was true of Alexander the great), after Greece would be Rome (and that during the Roman worldpower is when the Messiah, Christ will come but he will be killed and Jerusalem will be destroyed). He also foretold that Rome will be divided into nations but the tiniest, insignificant nations will defeat three nations far greater and powerful than itself and it will become great and a dual worldpower but this worldpower will not be strong unlike other previous worldpowers due to the influence of the common people. Rome became divided. Britain was the smallest and insignificant but it destroyed Netherlands, Spain and France to become top and greatest empire but during the worldpower, it joined with USA to form what we call the Anglo-American worldpower which we have today but Anglo-American is not even strong due to the influence of the people as they tend to protest, revolution, insurrections, take the government to court, their democracy is even divided as we can see today, who is that man or group that would have done these when Babylon, MedoPersia, Greece, Rome were worldpower? The result will be fatal. The Bible mentions the name of the government that will destroy the Anglo-American worldpower. It will destroy it and every human government and be the sole government ruling forever, bringing about real peace and justice. If what the Bible says about successive worldpower has been fulfilled, it is foolish to deny that Anglo-American will be destroyed and we'll have a sole, world government... I did not even mention Jesus' prophecy of our time. He foretold that world condition and people attitude will be bad and our planet will be ruined by mankind - a time of wars, earthquakes, food shortages, epidemics and fearful sights. He said that about 2000 years ago. If you'd asked someone just 100 or 200 years ago about how life would be today, the prediction was that thing will be better. Remember vision 2020. 2020 came and it was completely out of what we expected [/b]

4. Moral advice: I don overwrite na😏

Read especially the highlighted part

Maynman, this can add to your knowledge 😉. Can u dispute the writeup on prophecy?
LordReed, can you dispute the fact?
Jaephoenix, even with your two eyes, you won't see
Or is the writeup a lie especially on the successive worldpower and what was written beforehand about them and what they will do and who they will overtake

MightySparrow, read this too and add to your knowledge. Papa won't teach you this. Not ever

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Let's List All The Versions Of The Bible / Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie / There Is NO GOD!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.