Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? (6744 Views)

6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2011
^^^^

brother E-Engineer. i understand your current situation. it is the very same situation most of us Nigerian peoples have to face. The fact that we feel some sort of connection or sympathy(?) towards our old values and religions and culture, yet due to brainwashing since youth, we have nowhere to turn to, so we play by the foreign religion ingrained upon us. WE TRY TO CONVINCE OURSELVES, that this foreign religion, our parents, our local imam/pastor, church/mosque, society, etc has taught us is the truth and the right path. to go against this is rebellion. irreligious. immoral. but then, WHO ARE WE KIDDING we KNOW the TRUTH, deep down in our conscience. All we do not have is[b] guidance[/b]. We do not know the means or how exactly to revert back to the old Gods/old culture. in other words, we are in a state of LIMBO. neither here, nor there. our mind tells us to follow the foreign religion, but our soul will always be attached to our[i] past[/i], our present and our future. our identity.

my friend, you can either have hot or cold. good or evil. black or white.
you cannot have your culture AND christianity at the same. Tribal Culture is ALWAYS interlinked with the old religion. why do you think the foreigners tried so hard to westernise us, destroy our culture and ""educate"" and ""civilise"" us it is because of this very reason. christianity is AGAINST anything Pagan. this has been going on for the past 2000 yrs. havent you heard of the brutal inquisitions carried out by the xtian missionaries all over the world on the indigenous populace or the Mungiki rebels of kenya; a perfect example of complete frustration and hoplessness felt by The Kikuyu peoples the murder, the massacre, the violation, the loss of forests, natural resources, etc. be it the poor tribespeoples of South America, phillipines, north america, india, Africa or Polynesia. EVERYWHERE IT IS THE SAME STORY.

have you ever seen jesus or atleast, does he have anything to do with your people are you his descendant have you seen the miracles he did are true do you seriously think, you are descended from adam and eve   has christianity done ANY good to your people apart from carting them off into slavery, frcibly converting them, and destroying their lives WHY ARE YOU AFTER THIS FALSE DOCTRINE the only reason i see here, is it is because of your family and society. I DO NOT see any other reason.

right now, what we need is guidance. and what I need is more volunteers/ guides to help me educate the peoples. i do not have so many resources. and there are so many people in this world. sad

yet I try my best because I love my tribe and I want to preserve it and I want to bring it back to its former glory AND i love my fellow tribesmen on this, our mother Earth, be it Fulani or Igbo or Yoruba or Ijaw, Kanuri, and I do not want them to lose out. We must all unite in diversity and stand strong.

1 Like

Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by BlackLibya: 12:55am On Oct 31, 2011
This is d same respect dat shld be accorded to african trad religion because they werent evil or cannibalistic but they simply arent the way to d ultimate salvation of our soul

The problem is that the Jews believe that if you are Christian you will not have salvation anyway. In fact, Jews do not believe in the concept of heaven the same way that christians do.

1 Like

Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by EEngineer1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

^^^^

brother E-Engineer. i understand your current situation. it is the very same situation most of us Nigerian peoples have to face. The fact that we feel some sort of connection or sympathy(?) towards our old values and religions and culture, yet due to brainwashing since youth, we have nowhere to turn to, so we play by the foreign religion ingrained upon us. WE TRY TO CONVINCE OURSELVES, that this foreign religion, our parents, our local imam/pastor, church/mosque, society, etc has taught us is the truth and the right path. to go against this is rebellion. irreligious. immoral. but then, WHO ARE WE KIDDING we KNOW the TRUTH, deep down in our conscience. All we do not have is[b] guidance[/b]. We do not know the means or how exactly to revert back to the old Gods/old culture. in other words, we are in a state of LIMBO. neither here, nor there. our mind tells us to follow the foreign religion, but our soul will always be attached to our[i] past[/i], our present and our future. our identity.

my friend, you can either have hot or cold. good or evil. black or white.
you cannot have your culture AND christianity at the same. Tribal Culture is ALWAYS interlinked with the old religion. why do you think the foreigners tried so hard to westernise us, destroy our culture and ""educate"" and ""civilise"" us it is because of this very reason. christianity is AGAINST anything Pagan. this has been going on for the past 2000 yrs. havent you heard of the brutal inquisitions carried out by the xtian missionaries all over the world on the indigenous populace or the Mungiki rebels of kenya; a perfect example of complete frustration and hoplessness felt by The Kikuyu peoples the murder, the massacre, the violation, the loss of forests, natural resources, etc. be it the poor tribespeoples of South America, phillipines, north america, india, Africa or Polynesia. EVERYWHERE IT IS THE SAME STORY.

have you ever seen jesus or atleast, does he have anything to do with your people are you his descendant have you seen the miracles he did are true do you seriously think, you are descended from adam and eve   has christianity done ANY good to your people apart from carting them off into slavery, frcibly converting them, and destroying their lives WHY ARE YOU AFTER THIS FALSE DOCTRINE the only reason i see here, is it is because of your family and society. I DO NOT see any other reason.

right now, what we need is guidance. and what I need is more volunteers/ guides to help me educate the peoples. i do not have so many resources. and there are so many people in this world. sad

yet I try my best because I love my tribe and I want to preserve it and I want to bring it back to its former glory AND i love my fellow tribesmen on this, our mother Earth, be it Fulani or Igbo or Yoruba or Ijaw, Kanuri, and I do not want them to lose out. We must all unite in diversity and stand strong.

young man u dont understand me in any way, my heart isnt connected to any form of african traditional or pagan religion so dont claim that my mind is affiliated to christianity while my heart knows where it belongs, u are on your own in that aspect
Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^^

then why are you so confused whats your deal undecided

1 Like

Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by Amujale(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2011
The character known as Jesus was born out of many ancient icons like Osiris, Horus, Attis, Budha, Krishna, Dionysus e.t.c Infact i would like for you to look into the Horus & Isis relationship especially.

Uptil this very moment, nobody has been able to provide any REAL evidence that this guy ever existed.

Christos is a common name in the Greek community aswell as another name for Krishna.

Let me expand on this further, the word 'Christ' comes from the Greek word 'Christos', which means "the anointed one".

'Krishna' in Greek is the same as 'Christos' which means "the anointed one"

The list of pre-christian divinities, heroes, kings and queens who were said to have been "born of a virgin" or miraculously birth includes the following:

Ra
Apis
Horus
Krishna
Buddha
Hetshepsut
Pharoah Amenophis III
Zoroaster
Melchizedek
Cyrus
Plato
Julius Caesar
Apollonius of Tyana
Taliesin
Merlin
Llew Llaw
Fohi
Lao-Kium e.t.c

The Jesus story is fake and neednt be taken serious
Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2011

1 Like

Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by Booshman(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2011
^^^^

HAHAHA! Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by Amujale(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2018
Promoting, respecting and adoring ones culture and traditions are simpy the most effective ways for anyone to approach life as a whole. There is no other philosophy that can ever take its place.
Re: What Was Wrong With Our Indigenous Gods? by theoriginalgood: 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
Oh hurray! Someone is really thinking. I’m not sure about the existence of any traditional god, but I know that we have humanity and maybe a divine being who at least has been here from the beginning and is responsible for “good” creation. The truth is known to be harsh, but if you really want to learn, that won’t matter!

https://www.nairaland.com/4831069/truth-set-free-john-8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Greece, Philosophy, And The Afrocentric Obsession With Ancient Egypt / How To Roll A Weed Joint Perfectly. [Tutorials + Pix] / Will You Allow Your Mother-in-law Live With You? - Funny Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.