Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? (13282 Views)

My Opinion On Splitting Bills On A Date: Does It Affect Masculinity? (Pic) / Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS / Lady Confesses To Cheating With 20 Different Guys After Splitting With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by IboHausaYoruba: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2023
Supported
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by raumdeuter: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2023
So what is the use of the wife and what will she be using her own money for

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by SuccessfulRichi: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nigeria women are married cuz of two things. Age factor and two poverty alleviation program. Very wicked set of people. A girl will still keep thousands of exes, sugar daddies, married men, hook up plugs etc but still keep u as a boyfriend for billing or her selfish satisfaction lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2023
It's nonsense, I can't ever split bills

Radarada
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Mayor88(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2023
No need to split the bill but anything you contribute will be highly appreciated. My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by shiwex: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2023
Thats woman for you.... The mans money is our money but her own money is my money.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Simdyofficial(f): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
Married. Take care of foods and rents outside and inside naija. Boss takes care of investments.. we good we move. Divorce na water tongue
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by omega25red(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
My wife and I split the bills. It allows us to both have a chance to save money. As a man, I donโ€™t feel like Iโ€™m less of a man cause we split the general bills. I pay for our extra curricular activities.
If you both work and make money, you both deserve to have savings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by shiwex: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
raumdeuter:
So what is the use of the wife and what will she be using her own money for
Buy all sorts of make up, lightening cream and sending her money to her family. Thats what they all do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Kenmatt(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2023
I didn't go through down.

But going through down by the Top Story, "We nogo only dey share love we go also dey share bill".

Times are "soft".

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by aestake: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
labake1:

I hope you are not married because I feel for your wife
Equality should be on everything.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by akpunda86: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2023
advanceDNA:
Equality..equality..until it's time for bills, una go start to dey quote bible .....
No be two hands God give everybody......abi ur husband get 4 hands and two heads?

Once money is involved ...u only want to be responsible for little or nothing...but when it's time to share property u want collect everything.... grin

I love this topic ,my wife who left my home 9 months wanted to come back a load I have been carrying 14 years,so coming back she bought an android phone168k,then tablets for my kids worth 150k,that's good.Then we need a nanny in the house,she said I'll find and be paying the nanny,ohh see me what kind of selfish wife I got,I spent millions roofing my house,thousands on kids fees,my car is down a month now but my wife enjoying ,no big deal I saw the red flag in her coming back and just this morning I filed for a divorce.Just as was asked I get four hands,funny even show me her pants saying no de wear fairly used .
Marriage is for the two so is the family,you as a wife can't support please find your way Men be wise,once you die your wife joins all the widow groups on face book and another man continues,a wife that can't be of help pls THROW HER OUT.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ratio of income should determine who pays more. If a man earns 300k and the wife earns 100k. Ratio will be 3/4 for the man, 1/4 for the woman. Men should stop this nonsense sole provider stuff na him dey kill most men. By 45 you are looking 60. Taking care of your wife and kids plus extended family. Abeg o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by 43Ronin: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
in Nigeria you can afford to contribute little as a woman but abroad ,no way! the bills are just too much that both hands will have to be on deck to live a comfortable life. Becos even if you divorce, the man will only pay what he can afford as calculated by d govt

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by MacTayyy: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
Equality..equality..until it's time for bills, una go start to dey quote bible .....
No be two hands God give everybody......abi ur husband get 4 hands and two heads?

Once money is involved ...u only want to be responsible for little or nothing...but when it's time to share property u want collect everything.... grin
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2023
It surprises me people who shout equality when it reaches equality in responsibility in finance they all run into their hole.

When you are in a relationship ,I mean symbiotic and not parasitic relationship you are ready to share your resources to make the home front more equitable and lovely for all to enjoy.

If the man earns more he is expected to bring more but if the wife earns more she is expected to bring more into the union. Gone are those days when money is only hustled by a man now everyone makes money. My only reservation is for those who see money as a means to oppress rathrr than a means to alleviating societal and economic issues around ones precinct.

Relationship or marriage is not a place where a woman comes to enjoy, it is a place for work for raising the next generation of citizens of the world to make the world a better place. Take your mind off Hollywood fantasies and face the realities.

For those who don't see any reason to contribute to the running of their homes, I hope if divorce happens they won't stillbgo and seek fifty percent of what the man has built without their financial contribution.

The highest form of sacrifice for a spouse is when a spouse sees money as a tool for simple living, a tool to help family navigate the troubled vicissitudes of life then that spouse has conquered greed and selfishness.

I can't date a woman who is greedy, selfish, and self centered and only thinks of what she can benefit rather than what can benefit everyone in the union. I loathe greedy and self centered persons, the simplest way to catch them is to watch how they share after sharing yours with them.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by BoldBrainz(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

No mind women..๐Ÿ˜‚! I no even wan put mouth for this issue, cause fight go burst!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by advanceDNA: 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

No need to split bills. Women are helpless and must be pampered even when they earn as much. Some people pretend to be wondering why there are more widows than widowers. cool

/

Let them all go and look for billionaires to marry and leave men that are managing and earning a decent living for themselves.... grin

The day I read a female here say "why will I help my husband pay our child's school fees, did I force him to get me pregnant"..... That's when I knew some women are not meant for marriage.... Some don't just have the team-playing mentality even if they earn 300billion naira per day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Unrated900(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ye all should stop this shit...am a man.i can pay my bills
I pay bills to command respect in my house.
The man is the head of the family.
If u like make your woman dey pay bills
She go be the head..
God has created we the men to keep the home while the women keep the kids
Argue with your Google
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by elvisgaga: 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Well!.... Its not right to split bills. Why is he a man? Nevertheless as he sees the wife as liability, and do all the spending as a man, so he also has right to side chickssss. After all he is the man.

Ponder on it

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ekerintee: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
i agree with you,if the man earns far well than the woman, he is capable of handling the whole bill but a situation in which the man is struggling to pay the bill and the woman sees him struggling.Its wickedness on the part of the woman to say the man must provide for the house.A responsible woman shud support even if its the least of all the bill,she can offer to pay that.The bills in the time of our fathers are not the same with the bills now.women need re-orientation, i think this ought to be settled before marriage

ednut1:
Ratio of income should determine who pays more. If a man earns 300k and the wife earns 100k. Ratio will be 3/4 for the man, 1/4 for the woman. Men should stop this nonsense sole provider stuff na him dey kill most men. By 45 you are looking 60. Taking care of your wife and kids plus extended family. Abeg o
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by bobbiiee: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
I was asked before I got married whose responsibility it is to take care of the house, I said mine, 100%. My pastor's elder sister asked, if you are totally responsible financially for everything, what will your wife be doing with your salary?

It's been over a decade since we got married. We don't have rules when it comes to finances. Anyone sorts anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by khalids: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2023
From the gist of all this.....people are not in marriage for love.... dem dey find who dem go dump all their problems on.

When you love someone, you want to do everything and anything for them, you want them to be comfortable, you want them to be happy, and you want them to live their best life.....

So a scenario where a bill needs to be paid, every man who loves his family will do everything in his power to pay his bills fully, but also a loving wife will see the efforts of her man and do all she can to support him...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
labake1:

I hope you are not married because I feel for your wife

The guy is right, you cannot approbate and reprobate at the same time.

Anyone who is greedy, self centered and can't share resources with his or her spouse has nothing to the in marriage .

What is marriage, is it the coming together of a single person or two persons to make a family unit .

Marriage isn't vacation where you come to enjoy, responsibilities, sacrifice, selflessness and commitment is necessary to make it work. Hollywood fantasies will mar you rather than make you. Open your mindset to partnering with your partner, it is called partner not a sole proprietor for a reason.

Marriage should be about what I bring to make the family better rather than what I take once this is the mindset there will be less friction and improved harmony I'm the home.

Financial responsibility in relationship isn't unidirectional but multi directional.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Asu015(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2023
Its totally unislamic, hence i'm against it.

Financial obligation for families is the sole responsibility of the husband 100%. Even if he has four wives

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by advanceDNA: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2023
akpunda86:

I love this topic ,my wife who left my home 9 months wanted to come back a load I have been carrying 14 years,so coming back she bought an android phone168k,then tablets for my kids worth 150k,that's good.Then we need a nanny in the house,she said I'll find and be paying the nanny,ohh see me what kind of selfish wife I got,I spent millions roofing my house,thousands on kids fees,my car is down a month now but my wife enjoying ,no big deal I saw the red flag in her coming back and just this morning I filed for a divorce.Just as was asked I get four hands,funny even show me her pants saying no de wear fairly used .
Marriage is for the two so is the family,you as a wife can't support please find your way Men be wise,once you die your wife joins all the widow groups on face book and another man continues,a wife that can't be of help pls THROW HER OUT.

The divorce always hits them more... No more rent and bills free life.... It's funny that some of these women can't or don't want to pay their own bills alone because money is not easy...yet want to pressure another human being to do it alone in an marriage,that supposed to be a team-playing arrangement...

The divorce in Nigerian court is even more bad for them since they always like keeping custody....The court expect both party to contribute together so they bill u just 10k per month per child's upkeep....and ask you to chose any school u want for ur kids and pay the fees... If she insist on another school...she gets to pay....
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2023
BlissGod:

Thatโ€™s the most stupidest thing a woman should do. Support the home not splitting bills. A real man should never put such policy in his home, if he wants to live long.

There is nothing like real man', no man is real and none is fake. Every one has his template of running his home, that others template is different from yours doesn't make him real or fake man. Don't know why you guys are propagating this delusional mindset of someone different from you as fake.

The world is made up of diverse people and diverse ways of relating issues. That I want my partner to take part and join me in the running of the home doesn't make me fake and if I don't let her take part doesn't make me real.

I believe every adult irrespective of their position should be ready to be responsible, no one is disadvantaged, everyone should strive to make the home better and easier for members of the family.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
labake1:

A man's money is OUR money
A woman's money is HER money

grin

According to the book of Labake1, You go old for houseb if you ain't married already grin
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by ItisWell22(f): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2023
AllKnowing:
Live your truth!

Naturally and biologically, a man feels worthy when he plays god; this immediately implies that he foots the bill for his woman and their home.

Realistically and given the sorry state of the economy world over, only a handful of the male population can provide 24/7 at full capacity.

So live your truth, get you a woman whoโ€™s on your financial wavelength (you never stop doing right by her and she understands that some days you will come up short, if ever).

Live your truth!

๐Ÿ™
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by nkemdi89(f): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ladies if you have the means , better the split the bill, these generation of men will disrespect you , if you don't contribute to bills.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by tochez24(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
NastiLord:
I was banned by a very dirty and smelly aboki on this platform grin grin grin

The dirty ragtag from the Dan F Odio lineage

God punish you

Very smelly things๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by akpunda86: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

The divorce always hits them more... No more rent and bills free life.... It's funny that some of these women can't or don't want to pay their own bills alone because money is not easy...yet want to pressure another human being to do it alone in an marriage,that supposed to be a team-playing arrangement...

The divorce in Nigerian court is even more bad for them since they always like keeping custody....The court expect both party to contribute together so they bill u just 10k per month per child's upkeep....and ask you to chose any school u want for ur kids and pay the fees... If she insist on another school...she gets to pay....

No get time 4 any court having the kids NO NO ,if she thinks capable 10 Kobo won't send her ,since feels OTTO Na work.bros you have a good wife abeg de dance everyday..I de use vivo 5 years now wify just blow 168k expecting me foot her nanny bills

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is How A Faithful Man Looks Like (pic) / My Ex's Nude. Do You Know Her? (PHOTOS) / 10 Reasons To Date A Geek...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.